Incredible scav rep losing for defending myself

LePetitPD

Hello,

How is it possible that I just lost an entire scav rep point for defending myself against an agressive player scav?

He never landed a single shot, so I'm Ok about losing some rep, but 0,04 is enough, 0,10 is more than enough, BUT ONE ENTIRE POINT?

How is this possible to not kill a so-called friendly scav in 100 entire raids?

It's bullshit, seriously...

Can I have explanations on that please? Why is there no way for the game to detect aggressions except a hit? Why losing so much rep?

Thanks for your answers

I'm not sure what moron thought that the Scav Karma system would work, if you shoot a poo eating player scav trying to kill you, you get penalized the equivalent of 10 scav raid points and if you don't shoot him you die and lose your loot...AND have to wait 20 minutes for your troubles to play again, I'd be interested to hear from the Devs what their thought process was when the good ideas fairy came up with this...

• 2 weeks later...

I think its meant to trap you in the way you chose to scav. I just got killed by a scav on factory as a scav and I later lost fence rep because he bled to death. What a way to ad insult to injury

Am 16.10.2021 um 19:18 schrieb LePetitPD:

Hello,

How is it possible that I just lost an entire scav rep point for defending myself against an agressive player scav?

He never landed a single shot, so I'm Ok about losing some rep, but 0,04 is enough, 0,10 is more than enough, BUT ONE ENTIRE POINT?

How is this possible to not kill a so-called friendly scav in 100 entire raids?

It's bullshit, seriously...

Can I have explanations on that please? Why is there no way for the game to detect aggressions except a hit? Why losing so much rep?

Thanks for your answers

It sucks... when a other Scav  shoots me, i try to sprint in cover and yell "stop" at him... yesterday it worked... the Guy stopped shooting,came over and dropped bandage and medic kit and food for me... unfortuneatly the bleeding was to heavy for a Bandage but it still showed that it was a legit accident....

But in most cases they keep shooting or even trow grenades at me... I dont defend...loosing 1 scav run items is better then the reputation loss... 

I also hope that this People are just hyper nervous Noobs and will realize that they do something wrong when you dont defend yourself

But to be honest im afraid Hacking could be related.... cause this "Friendly Fire Accidents" strangely happen in 8/10 cases where i found amazing valueable loot... like when you looted high tech stuff and have the whole backpack full of video cards and phones .... I think there could be a Hack where they see what loot you have on you ? 

It is just to noticeable that in 80% of cases where my Backpack is worth like 300k some Scav guns me down... sometimes running in my Direction before...  not random "scary moments" where someone shoots from Panic... i really felt like Hunted some times.

2 hours ago, Weedburner said:

It sucks... when a other Scav  shoots me, i try to sprint in cover and yell "stop" at him... yesterday it worked... the Guy stopped shooting,came over and dropped bandage and medic kit and food for me... unfortuneatly the bleeding was to heavy for a Bandage but it still showed that it was a legit accident....

But in most cases they keep shooting or even trow grenades at me... I dont defend...loosing 1 scav run items is better then the reputation loss... 

I also hope that this People are just hyper nervous Noobs and will realize that they do something wrong when you dont defend yourself

But to be honest im afraid Hacking could be related.... cause this "Friendly Fire Accidents" strangely happen in 8/10 cases where i found amazing valueable loot... like when you looted high tech stuff and have the whole backpack full of video cards and phones .... I think there could be a Hack where they see what loot you have on you ? 

It is just to noticeable that in 80% of cases where my Backpack is worth like 300k some Scav guns me down... sometimes running in my Direction before...  not random "scary moments" where someone shoots from Panic... i really felt like Hunted some times.

Im going to explain how this happens from an unfriendly scav shooting a rather friendly one. I DONT DO THIS. I need to say that because this is how I personally would do this if I was a piece of crap.

So first I take what your wearing into account. Like armor, helmets, rig, and backpack. Then I look at the gun your holding and the one on your pack. If I were to like what I see I would shoot you in the head. Now remember, I DO NOT DO THIS.

HOWEVER I have killed my fair share of friendly scavs because they have an FIR base M4 or a kitted out SKS ect ect. As long as your scav rep is low-ish you dont really need to worry about killing scavs. Now, again I DO NOT DO THIS. The way I described this is EXTREMELY specific, because I have done this like 3 times but that was when I was down in the dumps.