Optics dont have reflection on lens

HeadCrabD

Is there a reason why in tarkov all the lens dont have reflection? I know its doesnt matter in gameplay. but just out of curiosity. when its gonna add back?

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:13 AM, Vodor said:

Probably a performance thing.

Maybe when the upgraded engine hits and RTX goes in some of us can enjoy it again.

Thx for reply. but this effect shouldnt be that costy.

they can use a simple environment map and projectile to lens. and its happened before. So its may just a bug.

1 hour ago, HeadCrabD said:

they can use a simple environment map and projectile to lens

This is BSG, they don't do cheap effects :) I expect it was a proper reflection before and just hit performance too much. The amount of patch notes with 'optimisations' in them probably included removing them.

7 minutes ago, Vodor said:

This is BSG, they don't do cheap effects :) I expect it was a proper reflection before and just hit performance too much. The amount of patch notes with 'optimisations' in them probably included removing them.

My thoughts exactly.

Visually, they have always given it 110% at making it look as good as they possibly could. Map design, equipment design, ambience, and so much other aesthetic choices have made this game look very good, and I would highly doubt they would do any sort of low effort method of implementing a visual feature.