New Player Question: What parts of the Hideout should I focus on early game?

Cannon-Fodder

I'm only level 7 and have been playing for just a few days (15 raids so far). I play mostly solo, but do have some friends who play occasionally too, but they have even less experience than I do. 

My play style is more looting and avoiding conflict, as I'm still getting used things and most of the weapons and armour I have are weak still (although I did manage to kill a PMC the other day who was lvl 38 and a big boy, so that was good). 

I need to make some money as things seem so expensive. I've read that getting your hideout upgraded asap helps with this, is this true?

Any pointers on making money early on and also what to focus on the most in both raids and hideout upgrading for a non-pvp player would be appreciated! 

Thanks

If you want to make money looting and avoiding conflict with other PMCs i would suggest you to start looting secret stashes and playing with your scav (A LOT), you finish a raid as a pmc and then you play a raid as a scav, you can make quite a bit of money that way. Looting stashes is very lucrative, becouse you can find sometimes interesting equipment, like a tier 6 armor vest. Or an altyn. I would recomend customs and woods for stashes.

As far as hideout goes i do not pay to much attention to it. But i try to get in between raids and see what i can upgrade, if im missing some items i will try to remember myself to look for that item in raid. As times goes by, you will start to notice that you can now construct a bitcoin farm, craft your own gunpowders and make your own ammo. But it takes some time, so do not force yourself to upgrade your hideout to the max. Just pay a little bit of attention to it, and you should be alright. 

3 hours ago, Cannon-Fodder said:

although I did manage to kill a PMC the other day who was lvl 38 and a big boy, so that was good

Glad for you but I think that levels have a little impact in game.

Yes, killing higher levels it gives you some satisfaction but in the end knowledge of the game makes the difference.

I need to make some money as things seem so expensive. I've read that getting your hideout upgraded asap helps with this, is this true?

Read here about hideout.

Any pointers on making money early on and also what to focus on the most in both raids and hideout upgrading for a non-pvp player would be appreciated!

There are so many tutorials on YouTube.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Xarc said:

Glad for you but I think that levels have a little impact in game.

Yes, killing higher levels it gives you some satisfaction but in the end knowledge of the game makes the difference.

Lol, thanks for the reality check!

14 minutes ago, Xarc said:

There are so many tutorials on YouTube.

Yes, there are. But many aren't that susynced or newbie friendly (assume a lot), or out of date. Recommendations would be great, but no worries if you have none. 

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Cannon-Fodder said:

Yes, there are. But many aren't that susynced or newbie friendly (assume a lot), or out of date. Recommendations would be great, but no worries if you have none.

Well ... you have to learn on the fly (if you don't find something for your taste) ... there will be more than a few wipes until release.

So you will have the time to learn. :)

I personally would say - no real part to focus on, but every upgrade in the hideout helps.  There are some things you can craft easily, like at the Lavatory lvl 1 (when you reach the flea market level) you can turn 4 sling bags from Ragman (8k roubles) into a Cordura cloth, which you can then sell on the flea for about 16k roubles... making roughly 8k profit.  Just upgrade whatever you can in your hideout as soon as you can.

If you get into the game right after a wipe (and grind hard) you could get your hideout up quick, and take advantage of the market sooner.  Later with a much more upgraded hideout, it is easier to make better trades and make more money than you might lose in a couple of raids.  Waterfilter (20k roubles) --> water collector after 5hrs+25mins-ish --> Purified Water which sells at flea for 80-90k at the moment - which pans out to about 60-65k profit if you had to buy the water filter. 

But outside of hideout stuff, I play the same way, and whenever you are poor, just scav a lot.  :)

Cheers, -Datvi

I've been grinding scav runs and low gear, large pack cache/stash runs. Done a dozen or so. Filled up two Lucky Scav Crates so far. I think this method suits my play style, as I like to chill while playing. For now, at least.