Opinion of a new Tarkov player

Gonsi

Hi,

I am almost 3 months into Tarkov and I would like to let you know how I feel about the game so far.

In the beginning I was almost exclusivly playing as a scav to learn the gunplay, the maps and to get a general feeling about the game.  I have looted a lot of stuff and tried to keep it all, not knowing which items would be helpfull or necessary later on. In fact, I was hording and it was fun. I was proud about my stuff. By now I am only level 16 and this is fine. My progress is slow but constant. I have about 18mil rubles in cash and 45mil worth of items in my stash. I thought this would be necessary, I thought good gunparts or s.e. would be rare. I thought my stuff is meaningfull. Then I entered the flea market. Since then, all of a sudden, the game is less fun. Everything is available at low prices at any time. Loot has no worth anymore, I am not thinking while looting "oh, nice I need this" "That is cool!" "Look, what might this be?" - all I think about now is, what is it worth at the flea markt, and what do I drop to take it with me. Before I had access to the flea market, I was struggling "do I keep this gun or do I take the car battery? I need it for the hideout." This is gone now. 

With the flea market tarkov starts to feel just like another shooter to me. Only with the difference, that I have to spent 10 - 15 Minutes after dying to get a new load out.

Yes, I could play it with hardcore seeting and rules. But as a new player this feels bad, if you run only into people with slicks and metaguns while still learning the game and having shitty gear with bad ammo.

I have played world of warcraft on a semi-professional level, round about 13 years ago. It was fun, because getting cool stuff was meaningfull. Today it is a themepark where they're throwing loot at you. Don't do a wow shooter.

Just my two cents,

Thank you for reading.

I can see some of that.  I'm still a hoarder, and I have fun hoarding - and BSG did, after the wipe, have the flea market at 20 (which now has been lowered to 15 to help new players mid/late wipe).  I think that was a good decision and slowed the game some. 

I'm curious what the final flea market will be like in the finished game, because I could totally see your like only get what you scavenge hardcore mode - but at the same time, not getting what you need forever and ever could be very detrimental to a player, especially depending on what you need.  Great example, I did not finish the small Tshonka quest this wipe until almost level 24.  Because I'm like, oh, I'll just find them as I go... and I just never found them, or that many (I also don't do interchange that much).

Anyways, long story short, I think they need to work on the flea market, but it should be there on some level, maybe with some type of item limits or something? 

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts.  Have a good day.  :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences! But please, next time post in proper category on the Forum - Suggestion is a place where players are sharing ideas for game development; I will move your post. 

>>how to make proper suggestion<<

I agree at some point - imagine that long time ago Flea was available at level 5 :D I remember that I was running all raids with Killa helmet and Gen4, it was awful. Now, change to 20 level is good - it "stopped" quick progress. After unlocking Flea, I was able to instantly do 3-4 Gunsmith quests; without it it was way more immersive - I have to keep some items or look for specific attachment. With Flea, everything is accessible. But I can see some positives - I can buy my favourite gun, so I can't imagine playing whole game with different weapons. What I really love in this patch with FM at lvl 20 - finally progress of Hideout wasn't so quick. It was hard to find all 15 bulbs :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Gonsi said:

Hi,

I am almost 3 months into Tarkov and I would like to let you know how I feel about the game so far.

In the beginning I was almost exclusivly playing as a scav to learn the gunplay, the maps and to get a general feeling about the game.  I have looted a lot of stuff and tried to keep it all, not knowing which items would be helpfull or necessary later on. In fact, I was hording and it was fun. I was proud about my stuff. By now I am only level 16 and this is fine. My progress is slow but constant. I have about 18mil rubles in cash and 45mil worth of items in my stash. I thought this would be necessary, I thought good gunparts or s.e. would be rare. I thought my stuff is meaningfull. Then I entered the flea market. Since then, all of a sudden, the game is less fun. Everything is available at low prices at any time. Loot has no worth anymore, I am not thinking while looting "oh, nice I need this" "That is cool!" "Look, what might this be?" - all I think about now is, what is it worth at the flea markt, and what do I drop to take it with me. Before I had access to the flea market, I was struggling "do I keep this gun or do I take the car battery? I need it for the hideout." This is gone now. 

With the flea market tarkov starts to feel just like another shooter to me. Only with the difference, that I have to spent 10 - 15 Minutes after dying to get a new load out.

Yes, I could play it with hardcore seeting and rules. But as a new player this feels bad, if you run only into people with slicks and metaguns while still learning the game and having shitty gear with bad ammo.

I have played world of warcraft on a semi-professional level, round about 13 years ago. It was fun, because getting cool stuff was meaningfull. Today it is a themepark where they're throwing loot at you. Don't do a wow shooter.

Just my two cents,

Thank you for reading.

Lol loot has no worth anymore? That's kind of a silly statement how exactly do you plan on paying for your loadouts, also if you are only level 16 how do you know you don't need more found in raid items for tasks?

It amuses me when i see posts like this clearly showing you still have a lot to learn about the game.

Slicks and meta weapons don't necessarily make a good player, You can pretty easily destroy people wearing them using something as cheap As an MP153 and some magnum buckshot. 

• Like 1

Lots of good points. And stuff like this is why they should simply remove the flea market. Or at the very least limit it to barter goods. That way people can still easily upgrade their hideout, but nobody gets cheap meta loadouts.

Amazing how this seems to fly over people's heads.

And yes a shotgun can still TECHNICALLY kill a kitted out player. But lets also not forget that shotguns are THE LEAST RELIABLE WEAPONS IN THE GAME. I don't mean malfunction reliable, I mean consistent damage reliable. I've seen people soak 6-7 magnum buckshot rounds at close range. Yeah part of that could be desync but at the same time, desync is very common in Tarkov.

Honestly if they removed flea market I would probably stop playing, I couldn't see myself really enjoying this game without the ability to buy what I need and not wish upon a star for my items to drop.

Honestly my biggest wish is that we reach a stage where people at the start of a wipe that don't want flea market can choose that and get matched with like minded players....while I can choose to have it and face like minded players as well.

I feel like this game has a fairly mixed player base which enjoy different aspects but everyone on the forums / reddit just leans into the most hardcore side of this game which would kill others enjoyment if implemented in the ways some players want  

8 hours ago, Shryke said:

18 mill at lev 17? Jesus Christ. I have 2 mill at level 37.

AND I AM GRATEFUL

This is the outcome of scavving a lot. Put the progression and ego aside - this is the result. 21 Raids this wipe, and 110 as a scav. Its heaps more enjoyable

On 10/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, Gonsi said:

Hi,

Just my two cents,

Thank you for reading.

I like the flea market, it's an interesting animal,...not all things are cheap,...sometimes factors inflate prices of items sometimes making a simple foregrip extremely expensive and out of the reach of all but a select few, so there are different dynamics at play that change the temperament of the market and knowing how to play it is just another aspect of this game. I think the game is incredible, I'm a fan. Even more impressed when I recently got to shoot a friends H&K 416 then play with one in game thinking "How damn close BSG got to modelling that gun accurately is scary....lol. I would just enjoy the different aspects of the game for what they are and focus only on the ones you are interested in. Sometimes I don't even use the flea,...it's all optional.