Is there a map that has a lot of scav on?

Cannon-Fodder

I want to get more familiar with gunplay in EFT, but don't think going full on pvp is the way. One mistake and I'm dead and all my stuff is gone. (i get that this is what EFT is built on, but there's a reason real militaries have boot camps...). 
And before the Chads dive in saying "pvp is the fastest way to learn!" Sure, I agree. But I'm also not rolling in money or gear to effectively pose a threat to other PMCs. I do run head-on into combat when playing as a Scav, even with the crappy guns you spawn with. I do this to get used to the tension and build the reactions I will need to have in place for when I PMC it. 

If this was just after a Wipe and everyone was on equal ground, I would just get on with it, but its not and I won't waste time or resources learning in a "trial by fire" way. 

So, to circle back around to the beginning; Is there a good map I can find plenty of scavs to practice sniping and other gameplay against. Also, I realise there's an offline mode, but if I'm going to PVE it, I might as well earn XP or complete quests at the same time, right?

As always, any help is appreciated!

I think you should play Shoreline

Shoreline has lots of cover,much forest and rocks, a central road perfect for Ambush.

And all the purple Keys which unlock high value Loot are in the West and East Wings of the Resort Building.

When you have enough patience and bring food and water you can either ambush high level PMC (i just stole a Remington 700 Sniper with Silencer and a 24 x Scope on !!!!)  by hiding in the Resort (i described how to you before in older Post where you asked about Night vision)  or you can avoid the Resort and get some easy Scav Kills.

There is for example a little Island with 2 AI Scavs ,which run a fixed patrol way... at the End they duck down for a few seconds,thats where you can headshot them from ca 250 Meters (higher point behind the Road) which is possible with 4x Scope. I prefer using the USP on a AK74M, Ak74 Family in General is the weapon you should focus  on.

Are you high level enough yet that you can buy short Ak74u with 100% Life?  They just cost like 30k you dont have to have "gearfear". 

AK with "N" in Name have Dovetail Cuts  to use Soviet Scopes -- PSO Sniper Scope 4x - USP Assault Rifle Scope 4x - USPM Night Sight 3,5x and Cobra Collimator

You just should go as Scav to Reserve Map cause you can loot Ak74 Ammo Bricks there...

Look for BP and BT as well as 7N39

Then you load your Magazines with mixed Projectiles....

I use Combat Mix "Scav" in Brown Mags and Combat Mix "PMC" in black Magazines.

Scav Mix is 3x Hollow Point 1x BP 1x T (repeat until full)

PMC Mix is : 1 Hollow Point, 1 BP Armor Piercing, 1 Hollow Point, 1 BP Armor Piercing,1 Tracer (repeat until full)

Its annoying to load the Magazines manual this way but it gives you great Combat Power and you can kill anyone with it

Edit:

You also can buy some cheap sniper Rifle... 366tkm with Rotor 43 and Scope for example...And then use it from the Radar Station on Reserve. Its easy to snipe some People from there,and then escape trough Manhole (no Backpack allowed). 150 Scope Setting works good all over the Map, you need ca 1 Meter of Lead for sprinting Targets. And there are spots where you can have run them into your Scope for example the breaches in the Barbwire Fence... when someone is running that direction just aim at the Breach in the Fence and shoot once they run into your Scope ;) 

Edited by Weedburner
  • Thanks 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Cannon-Fodder:

And before the Chads dive in saying "pvp is the fastest way to learn!" Sure, I agree. But I'm also not rolling in money or gear to effectively pose a threat to other PMCs.

That you need high end gear to challenge people is the biggest myth. Get an SKS, VPO-136 or AKMS, maybe an ADAR with M855 rounds, and shoot people in the face. You can use shotguns as well, but mind that low durability shotguns easily miss and faceshields are hard to deal with.

Its difficult, a hard place to start to start from, but thats what we all do. Most people dont start at the beginning of a wipe, and skill counts for way more than gear.

If you wanna learn combat mechanics quickly, try playing factory. No need to bring great gear. 

Offline mode with "high" scav amount and tagged and cursed can help as well though. Means youll get a lot of enemies in short time (without getting insta-killed by players). Dont spam, just kill them as cleanly as possible, so you get the muscle memory, which you can then take into real raids.

Edited by Reymt

Shoreline is great for scav kills. You probably won't have many at the start of the raid, especially in the area where you spawned, but if you are keen to spend almost the full time in raid you will get quite a lot of kills. I think my record for scav kills on Shoreline is 17, you just have to go back and forth across the map and wait for new scavs to respawn while you are in a different area of the map.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cannon-Fodder said:

Also, I realise there's an offline mode, but if I'm going to PVE it, I might as well earn XP or complete quests at the same time, right?

Nope.

The BEST way (without actually fighting other players) is to go offline and set the scav numbers to horde. This will constantly generate lots and lots of scavs for you to practice on. And you can turn up their difficulty to make it similar to fighting a real player.

I wouldn't worry about XP because that all comes in time anyway. It is more important to get your aim dialed in first.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Reymt:

That you need high end gear to challenge people is the biggest myth. Get an SKS, VPO-136 or AKMS, maybe an ADAR with M855 rounds, and shoot people in the face. You can use shotguns as well, but mind that low durability shotguns easily miss and faceshields are hard to deal with.

I dont think this is a good advise.  At the start the Ak74 Family is what you need.

For all the Weapons you mentioned ... a new Player can only obtain simple Ball Ammo like the M855

The Ak74 U is the first weapon you unlock for Buy at Prapor and its great... Handy,short enough that you dont bump your Barrel into every Door and Window... high Muzzle Velocity and enough accuracy to score Torso hits on normal battle Range of like 100-150 Meters.

AND when you buy them they come with loaded mag of BP armor Piercing Bullets....take them out,mix Ball and HP into it and you can make yourself 3 nice combat Mixed Magazines.

Also you can loot plenty of 5,45 Ammo Bricks on Reserve Map including BP and BT and 7n39

So the best Start Weapon is clearly the Ak74 Family... first cause you have high effective Ammo, second cause you dont need special Mounts to attach soviet-era Sights to them (Pso,USP,NSPU,Cobra etc) and those Sights can be bought too you dont have to loot 5 Hours to find them....

The fact that you can easy rebuy it causes less fear to actually use it...

Also when you make an Insurance for it.. you usually get it back... People most times take the scope off but they dont take away the Gun itself... at least other PMC dont... And to a Scav you should not die... they yell at you and shoot bad you should be able to shoot them before they can hurt you (AI Scavs) 

Edited by Weedburner
  • Upvote 1

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Weedburner:

I dont think this is a good advise.  At the start the Ak74 Family is what you need.

For all the Weapons you mentioned ... a new Player can only obtain simple Ball Ammo like the M855

The Ak74 U is the first weapon you unlock for Buy at Prapor and its great... Handy,short enough that you dont bump your Barrel into every Door and Window... high Muzzle Velocity and enough accuracy to score Torso hits on normal battle Range of like 100-150 Meters.

AND when you buy them they come with loaded mag of BP armor Piercing Bullets....take them out,mix Ball and HP into it and you can make yourself 3 nice combat Mixed Magazines.

Also you can loot plenty of 5,45 Ammo Bricks on Reserve Map including BP and BT and 7n39

So the best Start Weapon is clearly the Ak74 Family... first cause you have high effective Ammo, second cause you dont need special Mounts to attach soviet-era Sights to them (Pso,USP,NSPU,Cobra etc) and those Sights can be bought too you dont have to loot 5 Hours to find them....

The fact that you can easy rebuy it causes less fear to actually use it...

Also when you make an Insurance for it.. you usually get it back... People most times take the scope off but they dont take away the Gun itself... at least other PMC dont... And to a Scav you should not die... they yell at you and shoot bad you should be able to shoot them before they can hurt you (AI Scavs) 

Sorry, but gotta disagree hard. The quality of ammo in Tarkov is pretty much measured in how much they pen armor, and the good thing about 7.62x39 PS and M855 is that they can tap through face shields and at last low tier helmets. 

545 HP rounds on the other hand, are utterly horrible, nobody should ever use them. They're not even that good at dealing flesh damage, if you try something like leg meta, which I consider a major noob trap, and an AK74U isnt good for legging either.

That said, if you can get find 545 PP/BP/BT, then the AK74s are the best low level guns, even better when you get flea for cheap ammo and AK-74Ms (those with buttpad and zenit are really good early on). Im not sure how the spawn rate of that ammo is, though, it get nerfed hard a while ago.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Reymt:

Sorry, but gotta disagree hard. The quality of ammo in Tarkov is pretty much measured in how much they pen armor, and the good thing about 7.62x39 PS and M855 is that they can tap through face shields and at last low tier helmets. 

545 HP rounds on the other hand, are utterly horrible, nobody should ever use them. They're not even that good at dealing flesh damage, if you try something like leg meta, which I consider a major noob trap, and an AK74U isnt good for legging either.

That said, if you can get find 545 PP/BP/BT, then the AK74s are the best low level guns, even better when you get flea for cheap ammo and AK-74Ms (those with buttpad and zenit are really good early on). Im not sure how the spawn rate of that ammo is, though, it get nerfed hard a while ago.

I have  several hundred Rounds of SubSonic, around 100 Igolniks, and like 300 BP ?

Its all looted from Reserve... on Reserve there are plenty of this 120 Round Bricks.. for example the Jeep at the Car Repair Area usually already has 2 Bricks. Also the default Ammo already has a steel core... and the enchanced Penetration one, has a core of hardened Tool Steel, its basically AP but not labeled as those... and on Top you have BB and BT and Igolnik. 

So even a increased Penetration round already has a hardened AP steel Penetrator inside, unlike the M885 

That is the core of my Argument... that a Weapon where you have high end special Ammo for is always better then a high tech Weapon where you only have ball avaible

And since high tech Ammo is ready avaible for the Ak74 its the best starter Weapon :)

Also keep in Mind the original Poster wants to Hunt Scavs... with 5,45 Hollow Point,when you chest hit them once, they curse and run away... 

Its like real Hunting... you wait 5 Minutes, then you go to spot where you shot them,follow the blood trail and find them bleed out 10 Meters later in some Bush.

Here for example... i found the Dead Scav inside the House bleed to Death ;)

The Idea is, that 1 chest shot is easy to hit, and then you dont have to keep shooting so everyone will know you are there... its just 1 shot... then you wait a bit, everyone who perhaps heared and watched the general Area for a Minute will loose interest... and then you can go out and Harvest the Scav... its nearly as good as a Headshot.

Blood.png

Im now Level 12 and Guns like this i can use regulary and dont have fear loosing them and they are really effective in this Build . Even im new my KD is higher then 1.0 ,i kill more People then i die myself and from the handling and everything i really like Ak74... Btw its also in real a very good Gun...

Even Ar15 and Ak74 have same Bullet Energy... the free Recoil Force is way less !

An Ar15 Millspec with M-Brake and everything normal has 6.44 Joules of free recoil Force, but a Ak74m only has 3.39 ... while Booth bullets are in the 1800 Joule Muzzle Energy Area... its a very well designed Rifle 

Ak74.png

Edited by Weedburner
  • Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 7:51 PM, Reymt said:

I don't really mean guns, but rather, armour. I've only been in one straight up fire-fight with another PMC so far and I'm level 16 now. He killed me because I was panicking with my aim as I wasn't expecting him in the same room that I entered. 

I've died a lot to aggressive PMCs that rush me, because most of the time I'm only running level 3 armour and take 1-2 hits and I'm dead. I rarely have time to get a shot off let-alone aim for the head of a moving and shooting target first. 

Most of the time however, I get killed by PMCs from range. I don't know many maps by heart yet, except maybe Woods. I've not gone on many other maps, even as a Scav because finding the extractions are a bit hard (even with maps), I've gone MIA while frantically trying to find the right "zone" to stand in on open maps (customs really tripped me up early on).

A lot of the map knowledge stuff will come with time, but I don't have loads of free time at the moment so I try to play my own way, grinding for cash and general loot. At least until I have a bankroll where I can comfortably by level 5/6 armours and have some ok-ish AR presets that are at least comfortable to use in PVP. 

I did start off playing with friends, but this game is a bit too hardcore for them, which is fine. But it really appeals to my OCD inventory management, looting in an open-world feeling mp shooter, so I plan to stick with it. Because of that, I basically run solo all the time, so learning angles, maps, looting with cover, pvp'ing with teammates is all things I can't do. 

On 10/26/2021 at 7:51 PM, Reymt said:

Offline mode with "high" scav amount and tagged and cursed can help as well though. Means youll get a lot of enemies in short time (without getting insta-killed by players). Dont spam, just kill them as cleanly as possible, so you get the muscle memory, which you can then take into real raids.

This is something I did a lot of to begin with, but after encountering PMCs a lot on real raids, I quickly found practicing on AI scavs was not really a transferable skillset. PMCs move far more erratically, making it a lot hard to place shots (at least for me right now). So more stealth or patience is what I tend to need. I'm not ready to bum-rush a PMC as when I've done that before I've done stupid things like keyboard spam, dropping to the ground in front of them or reloading by mistake as I turn a corner lol. 

21 hours ago, Weedburner said:

That's some great advice. I never thought to do that. 

You can also try offline raids with the scavs set to seek & find which allows you to be put under the pressure of a team pushing you from more than one angle at a time & allows you to practice things like mag reloads & spatial awareness without the threat of losing any gear. I would also recommend doing this as a pistol boy just to up the pressure on you to use the guns available from scavs as they may need to have magazines repacked or very little meds which will help add game awareness to your raids, failing that if you want to try and get nitty gritty with some real pvp then I would recommend finding a discord where you can group up with people or even give myself a message & we can see about running a "protect the president" type of run where you are allowed to free roam into pvp but always have 3 men backup. This can help you gain confidence in making crazy plays like jumping out a window down 2 floors to run back up for a different view on the firefight, knowing you have 3 men to back up your move will allow you the confidence to make these plays that you may need to make on your own later-on in order to maybe kill a 3 man team that is pushing you solo.

25 minutes ago, Weedburner said:

The Idea is, that 1 chest shot is easy to hit, and then you dont have to keep shooting so everyone will know you are there... its just 1 shot... then you wait a bit, everyone who perhaps heared and watched the general Area for a Minute will loose interest... and then you can go out and Harvest the Scav... its nearly as good as a Headshot.

LOL, I started doing this a week ago. I love the blood trials, they're a great design feature. 

Sorry, never seen your comment about the offline raids. In terms of things that can only be practiced with online raids I would suggest maybe small things like strength training or stat training in general for soo many raids to give yourself the stamina and speed and strength upgrades you may need to be more ballsy as a run & gunner. 
If your in a situation and you need to hold more than one angle then patience will not be the answer & things like a higher strength value can be the difference between getting shot and bleeding out & getting shot & tanking it for the kill.
This should also allow you to make big jumps that can completely change the way you look at & play Tarkov as you could be basically stuck without it but with it, your are capable of jumping onto a crate which allows you to (for example) jump over a wall that the enemy pmc didn't expect you to do.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Cannon-Fodder:

I don't really mean guns, but rather, armour. I've only been in one straight up fire-fight with another PMC so far and I'm level 16 now. He killed me because I was panicking with my aim as I wasn't expecting him in the same room that I entered. 

I've died a lot to aggressive PMCs that rush me, because most of the time I'm only running level 3 armour and take 1-2 hits and I'm dead. I rarely have time to get a shot off let-alone aim for the head of a moving and shooting target first. 

Most of the time however, I get killed by PMCs from range. I don't know many maps by heart yet, except maybe Woods. I've not gone on many other maps, even as a Scav because finding the extractions are a bit hard (even with maps), I've gone MIA while frantically trying to find the right "zone" to stand in on open maps (customs really tripped me up early on).

A lot of the map knowledge stuff will come with time, but I don't have loads of free time at the moment so I try to play my own way, grinding for cash and general loot. At least until I have a bankroll where I can comfortably by level 5/6 armours and have some ok-ish AR presets that are at least comfortable to use in PVP. 

I did start off playing with friends, but this game is a bit too hardcore for them, which is fine. But it really appeals to my OCD inventory management, looting in an open-world feeling mp shooter, so I plan to stick with it. Because of that, I basically run solo all the time, so learning angles, maps, looting with cover, pvp'ing with teammates is all things I can't do. 

This is something I did a lot of to begin with, but after encountering PMCs a lot on real raids, I quickly found practicing on AI scavs was not really a transferable skillset. PMCs move far more erratically, making it a lot hard to place shots (at least for me right now). So more stealth or patience is what I tend to need. I'm not ready to bum-rush a PMC as when I've done that before I've done stupid things like keyboard spam, dropping to the ground in front of them or reloading by mistake as I turn a corner lol. 

If you want we could go on a Raid together. I have 6 Purple Keys which unlock the high value Loot Rooms in the East and West Wing of the Resort. One goes in and loots,the other covers... that way we could fill up a whole Backpack with good Stuff.

Or we make a Sniper Team... one snipes, one spots and covers ?? 

Which Map you know best ? Im very Confident on Reserve and Shoreline

To the Armor... I usually take lv3 Armor ,either the Vest-Armor Combo for 50k or a traded underwear-Armor for a Gas Canister (lootable from Highway Mall) as Trade.

Together with a Ratnik Helmet. 

Also i make insurance... PMC tend to ambush-headshot you so in General your Body Armor stays undamaged. When no Scav comes along and takes it away you usually get it back.

I normally walk slow and stealthy, this cost lots of Stamina and when i dont bring MRE and 2x Water ... getting unconscious from Energy loss is a big big danger too...... i already have like 25-30 kg on me when the Raid starts...Thats another way why i usually stick with lightweight level 3 Armor

Edited by Weedburner

31 minutes ago, Weedburner said:

I have  several hundred Rounds of SubSonic, around 100 Igolniks, and like 300 BP ?

Its all looted from Reserve... on Reserve there are plenty of this 120 Round Bricks.. for example the Jeep at the Car Repair Area usually already has 2 Bricks

That is the core of my Argument... that a Weapon where you have high end special Ammo for is always better then a high tech Weapon where you only have ball avaible

And since high tech Ammo is ready avaible for the Ak74 its the best starter Weapon :)

Also keep in Mind the original Poster wants to Hunt Scavs... with 5,45 Hollow Point,when you chest hit them once, they curse and run away... 

Its like real Hunting... you wait 5 Minutes, then you go to spot where you shot them,follow the blood trail and find them bleed out 10 Meters later in some Bush.

Blood.png

Im now Level 12 and Guns like this i can use regulary and dont have fear loosing them and they are really effective in this Build . Even im new my KD is higher then 1.0 ,i kill more People then i die myself and from the handling and everything i really like Ak74... Btw its also in real a very good Gun...

Even Ar15 and Ak74 have same Bullet Energy... the free Recoil Force is way less !

An Ar15 Millspec with M-Brake and everything normal has 6.44 Joules of free recoil Force, but a Ak74m only has 3.39 ... while Booth bullets are in the 1800 Joule Muzzle Energy Area... its a very well designed Rifle 

Ak74.png

I have to disagree with the gun advice given here, I would only agree with it if you had a suppresser on the ak74 & where purely hip firing. The accuracy on this gun is gash & if your looking to take down pmc's more efficiently then I would recommend the STM-9 over any ak everyday. It can fire quickly & is accurate like a sniper. I feel giving the advice to play with this ak is taking 2 steps backwards before taking one step forward.

Edited by RosscoBounce

Accuracy of Ak74 is not bad !

Default Ak74 has higher Accuracy than default AR15...

1.89 MOA to 1.91 MOA...

That rougly means that on 100 Yard Distance the Bullets land in a 2" Circle with Booth Guns....

This is  my current Weapon, an short AK- 105 with Silencer and SS Ammo loaded... and even with his "handicap" it stays at 2.08 MOA . Btw Subsonic are much much weaker, less Muzzle Energy then a 9mm.. So you really need to aim. I have 2 Brown Mags in my Vest with normal Ammo for Emergency when it comes to open combat i stop using SS. Small Bore high Speed Calibers in General are awfull for silencing.. you cant make the bullets heavy enough. The best Silenced Weapon i saw in Game until now was the VSS with its heavy 9x39 Bullets

2021-10-28[14-45] (0).png

Edited by Weedburner

Accuracy doent really matter; most combat is way below 100m. And 2 moa should be more than enough for 100m.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Weedburner:

Its all looted from Reserve... on Reserve there are plenty of this 120 Round Bricks.. for example the Jeep at the Car Repair Area usually already has 2 Bricks. Also the default Ammo already has a steel core... and the enchanced Penetration one, has a core of hardened Tool Steel, its basically AP but not labeled as those... and on Top you have BB and BT and Igolnik. 

So even a increased Penetration round already has a hardened AP steel Penetrator inside, unlike the M885 

Blood.png

Ak74.png

Gotta be frank here, I dont think you understand some parts of this game work, especially the ammo system. Youre giving bad advice, as if youre a long time expert, which isnt helpful to anyone.

1. Recoil force, IRL bullet energy or the composition of a round are completely meaningless. Bullet stats in Tarkov are somewhat arbitrary. 5.45 PS runds are slightly worse than M855; neither of those ammos is good, its only something you use very early. See the ammo chart, sort by penetration, and thats pretty much the ammo quality ranking:

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/5.45x39mm

2. Youre about the worst player in the world if you wait 5 minutes for a scav to die after hitting him a single time. The amount of time you spend in that area is way riskier than just doing 2 or 3 shots, besides it being boring. You'd get new scavs spawning faster than you can kill. The strategy doesnt even work if the scav has minimal body armor.

A skilled player just shoots the scav in the head and thats it. If it takes more shots, then thats what you do.

Edited by Reymt

vor einer Stunde schrieb Cannon-Fodder:

If you dont already, get yourself some maps. If you got a second screen, put it on there, maybe consider printing it otherwise. Youll find them on the wiki, like here:

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Customs#Maps

Armor doesnt really save you when youre getting outplayed, its honestly rather overrated. Having a good gun with good ammo, as well as the skills to use them, is way more important than protection. 

Particuarly spotting enemies before they see you is an extremely important skill. As you say, you get killed on range. In this regards its really just experience, you gotta learn to keep a look out, get a feeling for from where enemies come, and train yourself to see hardly visible enemies. That comes with time.

Btw, the other primary way to spot enemies is sound. Make sure to use headphones, activate steam audio and always bring an ingame headset (prapor got one for 13k thats as good as any other). Sometimes its worthwile just to slow down, and try to listen for enemies, and then follow their sounds, in order to get a feel for what sounds are enemies and what not. Later, you'll be able to just hear a single sound, and make up entire strategies based on that.

You can totally play this game solo, its just more difficult. I almost always play alone, and its a ton of fun. Playing in a team is a bit messy and confusing, kinda stresses me out. Being Solo gives you much more space to chose your own pacing, and to strategize a bit more, play with sounds, etc.

Zitat

Obviously, there is a limit as to how much skill translates from offline to online, but youll get a way higher frequency of combat. In a real raid, you might just get a single fight that might kill you.

Zitat

I wouldnt bother with mixed mags. If you plan to shoot someone in the face that has a face shield, you want to be sure that you got an AP round chambered. Its also just very time consuming to set up, and mixed mags require you to spray for full effect, which is not that easy with low tier guns.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:36 AM, Cannon-Fodder said:

I want to get more familiar with gunplay in EFT, but don't think going full on pvp is the way. One mistake and I'm dead and all my stuff is gone. (i get that this is what EFT is built on, but there's a reason real militaries have boot camps...). 
And before the Chads dive in saying "pvp is the fastest way to learn!" Sure, I agree. But I'm also not rolling in money or gear to effectively pose a threat to other PMCs. I do run head-on into combat when playing as a Scav, even with the crappy guns you spawn with. I do this to get used to the tension and build the reactions I will need to have in place for when I PMC it. 

If this was just after a Wipe and everyone was on equal ground, I would just get on with it, but its not and I won't waste time or resources learning in a "trial by fire" way. 

So, to circle back around to the beginning; Is there a good map I can find plenty of scavs to practice sniping and other gameplay against. Also, I realise there's an offline mode, but if I'm going to PVE it, I might as well earn XP or complete quests at the same time, right?

As always, any help is appreciated!

Customs is the most well rounded map that has the highest population of noobs to dilute the chads. If you want to hunt chads its pretty easy once you learn that the triangle connecting old gas, crack, and dorms is no mans land. Fort, skeleton, and Power are in that triangle. From there outwards the danger is a gradient down to 0. 

Yes PVP is the fastest way to learn, most of the skill is recognizing player patterns, the hard part is loss upon death which is why you need to run a cost effective kit. In EFT ambushes are your best friend, they allow you to wipe a 5 man with one 100 round mag if you have a low recoil gun without letting off the trigger. Maximize your loadout around getting the drop and not getting ambushed. 

Use poo armor that saves you from 5.45 PS, buckshot, and pistol calibers, the 6B23, Zhuk 3A, and Kirasa are unbeatable. They always come back with insurance and will save you from scavs, which are the biggest threat when ambushing players. 

Use weapons nobody wants to loot. You cannot beat the 153 with a choke, flashlight, red dot, and express buckshot for this. 25 to 70m out, if you catch somebody a few seconds away from cover with this gun they will die with their slick and altyn. It will leg people 50m out on the first shot, stealing their stamina and doing 200+ damage. Do not get up close and personal you will die with your shotgun, its not a saiga with flechette. It is a scav gun too so nobody will think much of you whacking scavs occasionally. Once you build a 153 you can bet money you will be able to get it down to 50 durability from 100 because of the amount of times it came back with insurance. Its practically free to use. 

2 hours ago, Weedburner said:

If you want we could go on a Raid together. I have 6 Purple Keys which unlock the high value Loot Rooms in the East and West Wing of the Resort. One goes in and loots,the other covers... that way we could fill up a whole Backpack with good Stuff.

Or we make a Sniper Team... one snipes, one spots and covers ?? 

Which Map you know best ? Im very Confident on Reserve and Shoreline

I would definitely be down for that, as it sounds really interesting. I have never played those maps before so would have to get somewhat familiar with them offline or in a scav run right. 98% of my play time is on Woods, and the other 2% is customs (I hate that map, give mes anxiety lol)

1 hour ago, Reymt said:

Youre about the worst player in the world if you wait 5 minutes for a scav to die after hitting him a single time.

It might not be a great tactic, but the fact that this mechanic is in the game is pretty rad imo. I just do it for the lols, I'm not trying to be the best player in the world, just looking to have fun. 

39 minutes ago, Reymt said:

If you dont already, get yourself some maps. If you got a second screen, put it on there, maybe consider printing it otherwise. Youll find them on the wiki, like here:

Yeah, I have couple of side monitors that I usually have a map and the wiki open on. 

40 minutes ago, Reymt said:

Armor doesnt really save you when youre getting outplayed, its honestly rather overrated. Having a good gun with good ammo, as well as the skills to use them, is way more important than protection. 

Fair point. I just assumed the times where I got ventilated instantly was because of my paper thin lvl 2 or 3 armour. Now I realise it was properly because I'm just bad, lol. 

Btw, the other primary way to spot enemies is sound. Make sure to use headphones, activate steam audio and always bring an ingame headset (prapor got one for 13k thats as good as any other). Sometimes its worthwile just to slow down, and try to listen for enemies, and then follow their sounds, in order to get a feel for what sounds are enemies and what not. Later, you'll be able to just hear a single sound, and make up entire strategies based on that.

Yeah, I play slow. Half speed walking mostly, and only dashing when out in the open (where unavoidable) and only really on grass (not sure if that dampens the running sound much though). I use the binaural sound and have a decent set of headphones and DAC (HD650s and X7 DAC). I also usually run without the in game headsets as I find they amplify my own sounds too much and can deafen me a bit (I play with high-ish volume to try and help pin-point sounds) and so walking through bushes, even slowly can be pretty loud with the in-game headsets on. Also, looking at a video I saw on YT where a guy trialled all the headsets in-game, the no-headset didn't come out too badly. 

The trouble I have with this game and it's sound loops are there's sometimes weird sounds that happen during certain conditions, like night maps, clear skies, I sometimes is a snap/pop sound, like to large logs colliding (while playing woods). It's weird, there's never a player, it's definitely not gun fire or scavs as I hear it often and when I'm quite set away from places of interest. I hear similar things with rain. There's often a noticeable loop in the rain sound that occasionally spooks me as it sounds similar to bushes rustling. These things bug the hell out of me, but it's all part of the experience. 

You can totally play this game solo, its just more difficult. I almost always play alone, and its a ton of fun. Playing in a team is a bit messy and confusing, kinda stresses me out. Being Solo gives you much more space to chose your own pacing, and to strategize a bit more, play with sounds, etc.

I do like playing solo for the loot runs, I'm in and out under the cover of darkness. I don't accidentally TK teammates due to lack of communication (done that several times when friends have joins and wonder off, only to return with newly found armour or weapons, not saying it's them and getting killed by me or my other friend. This is probably why they don't play it much anymore). 

I would like to play with more experienced people though, so I can feel more relaxed looting, knowing they know what to do or where to look for Scavs or PMCs. 

I wouldnt bother with mixed mags. If you plan to shoot someone in the face that has a face shield, you want to be sure that you got an AP round chambered. Its also just very time consuming to set up, and mixed mags require you to spray for full effect, which is not that easy with low tier guns.

I guess. But you could colour coordinate them, as mentioned. Time consuming but still interesting. 

41 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Do not get up close and personal you will die with your shotgun

This sounds back to front for me. A shotgun is most powerful in close proximity, no? 

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Cannon-Fodder:

I would definitely be down for that, as it sounds really interesting. I have never played those maps before so would have to get somewhat familiar with them offline or in a scav run right. 98% of my play time is on Woods, and the other 2% is customs (I hate that map, give mes anxiety lol)

It might not be a great tactic, but the fact that this mechanic is in the game is pretty rad imo. I just do it for the lols, I'm not trying to be the best player in the world, just looking to have fun. 

Well im not the most experienced in Tarkov thats true... but you still could trust me 100% to not do stupid things.

Like i said my KD is over 1 i kill more People then i get killed. Also im 40 Years old and have tons of experience in tactical Games, and i was a Corporal in the German Army ... they kicked me out Honorless or how its called cause i smoked too much Weed... but still i was the deputy Squadleader...when the Group was split up, the Seargeant took 1 half of the Men and i was responsible for the remaining 4-6 Guys. 

They would not have made me a deputy Groupleader when i would not be able to judge situations right or would do iresponsible things.

So you really dont need to be afraid that i would do moronic stuff which gets us killed ;) 

And i know those 2 Maps really well, i always know where i am and where the exists are at any time.

Customs i know a bit, and Woods i hate... all look so same and then this snipers and minefields...

You can take cheap gear on the first Run and we just focus on looting and try to avoid combat if possible (pmc combat) and only shoot some Scavs. After that you can judge if you want to risk a more offensive Playstile with me or not.

At least you can trust me that i dont murder you and steal your Gear , with random Lobby People you never know ;)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Weedburner said:

Well im not the most experienced in Tarkov thats true... but you still could trust me 100% to not do stupid things.

Like i said my KD is over 1 i kill more People then i get killed. Also im 40 Years old and have tons of experience in tactical Games, and i was a Corporal in the German Army ... they kicked me out Honorless or how its called cause i smoked too much Weed... but still i was the deputy Squadleader...when the Group was split up, the Seargeant took 1 half of the Men and i was responsible for the remaining 4-6 Guys. 

They would not have made me a deputy Groupleader when i would not be able to judge situations right or would do iresponsible things.

So you really dont need to be afraid that i would do moronic stuff which gets us killed ;) 

And i know those 2 Maps really well, i always know where i am and where the exists are at any time.

Customs i know a bit, and Woods i hate... all look so same and then this snipers and minefields...

You can take cheap gear on the first Run and we just focus on looting and try to avoid combat if possible (pmc combat) and only shoot some Scavs. After that you can judge if you want to risk a more offensive Playstile with me or not.

At least you can trust me that i dont murder you and steal your Gear , with random Lobby People you never know ;)

Sounds good. I should be around this weekend, maybe tomorrow night. I'm based in UK, so our time zones are compatible. You can DM me your discord tag if you like. 

1 hour ago, Cannon-Fodder said:

This sounds back to front for me. A shotgun is most powerful in close proximity, no? 

CoD and other run of the mill FPS games taught you that. A shotgun is most powerful because of its ease of use and hit probability. its versatile and can fire specialized rounds. You want to stay 20m away because 1, dont get pointfired, 2, you arent beating full auto with a delayed semi auto, 3, you have time to break contact and reload. 

13 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

CoD and other run of the mill FPS games taught you that

No. I don't play COD. What taught me this was design and composition of the shot cartridges. Say for example, you have 12 gauge cartridges, the shot within each cartridge will be closer together at close range than they would at longer ranges. At long range the shot spreads out to cover a wider area of effect (good for hunting birds, but bad for trying to deal maximum damage to a person). Buck shot is not fired through rifled barrels, so the range isn't that great. If you use slugs, that's a different story. But we're discussing shotguns at close range. 

image.thumb.png.362fccaab06e2e814e299f2e12987e66.png

Now imagine standing in front of all these pellets as they fly out of the barrel... most, if not all will hit you. Lots of damage (i'm talking RL damage, not video game balanced damage). What I find in games is they either make shotguns only effective within 10-15 meters, or they are ridiculously effective over stupid distances 100+ meters. I don't know if you've ever looked at a man-sized target at 100 meters but it's hard enough landing a shot on a stationary target that size, let alone a moving one. But I digress. 

My point is, I didn't learn this from an arcade style fps, it's just physics. 

22 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

You want to stay 20m away because 1, dont get pointfired, 2, you arent beating full auto with a delayed semi auto, 3, you have time to break contact and reload.

This much I can certainly agree with, as it makes logical sense. Know your limits and work with them etc.