Option to Choose Which "Edge of Darkness" (or lower) Edition Perks to Start With on Every Wipe

OmniBound

Introduction:

Hello Everyone! I would just like to start by saying that I am aware that this suggestion has been made a few times now by other players (each post about a year or so apart), but since it has been about a year since it has been last discussed (to my knowledge), I just wanted to provide an updated thread on the topic that sums up the suggestions made from the other players in hopes that it continues being seen. In an effort to be as thorough as possible, I have provided the links to the other posts at the end of this suggestion. Thanks!

The Problem:

I purchased the standard edition of the game about 3 months ago and have been enjoying the HELL out of it and, as a result, decided to upgrade to the EOD edition during the memorial day sale; however, while the starting perks you get with the EOD edition are great, I really enjoyed the extra layer of challenge that the game presented itself with when I owned the standard edition of the game, and, as a result, feel like I am missing out on part of that signature "EFT Experience".

The Suggestion:

I think a great way to solve this issue would be to provide players with the option to choose which of the perks that comes with the edition that they own to take advantage of at the start of each wipe so that we aren't required to ALWAYS have the extra stuff that comes with purchasing a more expensive copy of the game. Doing so would make it possible for players with non-standard editions of the game to still enjoy the "Standard" Tarkov experience once again.

In conclusion, this feature would be great to implement because:

- There is no negative effect on the games community and/or playability, as It would provide no changes to the base game whatsoever AND allow those of us who want to play the game without our perks to do so for the added challenge

- It is highly likely to be a motivating cause for more players to upgrade to the more expensive editions the game has to offer since the option would be available to disable the perks if desired

- It would be VERY easy to implement

Thanks for reading guys!

Other Posts:

Spectator6 (July 6th, 2019)

- u/pxld1 (October 18th, 2019)

J.P (July 22nd, 2020)

• Like 1