Scav Case RNG

Cannon-Fodder

So I recently managed to build my Scav Case in my Hideout. This was the first time I managed this and was really excited to get started. 

I've so far spent;

3x Moonshine
2x Intel
4x 85k Rub
1x 7k Rub

I've mostly got weapon mods/attachments worth < 10k rub, and barter items. The best thing I got was a brass lion. I don't know why, but I was expecting to at least break even, but I'm at a massive loss so far. 

Is the scav case worth it? I've only get around 4.5 mil rub, so spending a couple hundred on Moonshine or intel doesn't seem worth it. I assume each option has its own loot table? Is the 85k one worth doing over time?

I dont know the RNG attributes as such, but I craft moonshine for the case...

The 7000k rouble option seems to give the "Most profitable" returns on average.

Maybe its dependent on your scav karma ???  I'm at 2.3 positive and get some decent stuff in returns.

7 hours ago, Cannon-Fodder said:

So I recently managed to build my Scav Case in my Hideout. This was the first time I managed this and was really excited to get started. 

I've so far spent;

3x Moonshine
2x Intel
4x 85k Rub
1x 7k Rub

I've mostly got weapon mods/attachments worth < 10k rub, and barter items. The best thing I got was a brass lion. I don't know why, but I was expecting to at least break even, but I'm at a massive loss so far. 

Is the scav case worth it? I've only get around 4.5 mil rub, so spending a couple hundred on Moonshine or intel doesn't seem worth it. I assume each option has its own loot table? Is the 85k one worth doing over time?

This is about as close to gambling as you can get in Tarkov.............there are patches that i have been ahead.....and ones where i have lost my ass...lol, it's simply Gambling, If your taking a big loss...i would stop now...lol

I get the most return on the 7k one as well. But my intel and moonshine returns have been very good as well. More money than I would have made just selling the shine.

The 7k seems to give a lot of valuable barter items while the intel and moonshine tend to give weapons and mods.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, Cannon-Fodder said:

The best thing I got was a brass lion

I'd invest a lot more than you if it gave me a brass lion.

Scav boxes are brilliant if you can afford it, they'll drop that one rare item you've been after for ages and it'll make it all worth it.

Yeah, the first ever moonshine I put in I got a Slick and a Caimen helmet (OP right?).  So I think it is fun gambling.  I also agree, it seems like the 7000 option has the most consistent returns.  I am curious if BSG linked it to the Scav Karma... if so, that is super clever and a good way to make people take Scav Karma more seriously.  :)

• Hot 1

2 hours ago, Datvivar said:

Yeah, the first ever moonshine I put in I got a Slick and a Caimen helmet (OP right?).  So I think it is fun gambling.  I also agree, it seems like the 7000 option has the most consistent returns.  I am curious if BSG linked it to the Scav Karma... if so, that is super clever and a good way to make people take Scav Karma more seriously.  :)

I've been having a lot better results from my recent scav runs tbh

scav run.png