Stop the bitching everyone FFS

BrettB

Ill start with - This is the best game I have ever played. 41yrs old gaming since 1998 (Original Half life on a voodoo 2) im no youngen - noob - what ever its called now.

Can you guys please stop coming to the forums ( that BSG probably dont read anyway) and whinge and moan and complain.

This is NOT the game you are making, and NOT your dream, and NOT finished yet, and NOT tailored to your wants and needs.

Let this GAME (PC game - you can go outside also?) progress and develop into something unique and terrific. You bought it for a reason, and the reason might have left you or it might not have.

This game has created its own genre, and is already (in BETA) influencing AAA titles.... even with its temporary flaws - I bet you cant get the same buzz and heart rate from any other game out there. Please let it be in testing phase, and roll with it; ups and downs.

Much love (From Australia) to you DEV team (If you do read it?)  - we love all your work!

Edited by BrettB
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 6

BSG have a hard job, but get paid too well.

In my humble opinion, with the game still in beta and being quite pricey, criticism is not not going to happen. and this game it's a HUGE NOOB STOMPING GAME MAN.

i'm a noob and i come across "chad lord" i empty a whole clip of my PPsh point blank range, then get flick shot head and eyes.

WOW tarkov is a award winner...

FFS bro, thats not the games fault! thats not his fault! you not gonna pen C6 amour with a mag full of PSO in your PPSH bro! FFS, and it goes on!!!! thats YOUR YOUR fault

Sorry mate, might be a bit harsh - but there is no shortage of information regarding ammunition and armor out there? you do know there are different types of ammunition? 

Edited by BrettB

6 hours ago, BrettB said:

Ill start with - This is the best game I have ever played. 41yrs old gaming since 1998 (Original Half life on a voodoo 2) im no youngen - noob - what ever its called now.

Can you guys please stop coming to the forums ( that BSG probably dont read anyway) and whinge and moan and complain.

This is NOT the game you are making, and NOT your dream, and NOT finished yet, and NOT tailored to your wants and needs.

Let this GAME (PC game - you can go outside also?) progress and develop into something unique and terrific. You bought it for a reason, and the reason might have left you or it might not have.

This game has created its own genre, and is already (in BETA) influencing AAA titles.... even with its temporary flaws - I bet you cant get the same buzz and heart rate from any other game out there. Please let it be in testing phase, and roll with it; ups and downs.

Much love (From Australia) to you DEV team (If you do read it?)  - we love all your work!

Bro it's been 5 years with no end in sight. They deserve a large part of the criticism given. Don't be a BSG apologist. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

EFT is a good shooter, without a doubt. If it has no issues like lag, sometime failed hit reg., and cheater, than it would be the best shooter in all time, but it has these problems and is still one of the best shooter.

I could laugh everytime, if someone says, that (insert new shooter (like SCUM once was or Dead Matter and now BF 2042 Hazard Zone)) would destroy Tarkov. Escape from Tarkov is unique and no one could destroy it, if the other game company would have the same vision like BSG.

24 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

Bro it's been 5 years with no end in sight. They deserve a large part of the criticism given. Don't be a BSG apologist. 

Exactly.

And lots of people here attribute DESERVED criticism to "complaining".

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Fly_Guy8791:

Exactly.

And lots of people here attribute DESERVED criticism to "complaining".

What is criticism? Is it...

"Fix your shixx game" in all caps

or

Escape from Tarkov has a serious problem with Cheater/ Lag, Bugs. 

Which one of these 2 is critic and which one isn´t.

1 minute ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

What is criticism? Is it...

"Fix your shixx game" in all caps

or

Escape from Tarkov has a serious problem with Cheater/ Lag, Bugs. 

Which one of these 2 is critic and which one isn´t.

It's the one where you say "Hey this 'event' was not great because it actively prevented people from playing"

Or the one where you say "Gun malfunctions don't have a place in this game unless there is a way to mitigate/prevent them. How about being able to burn a 'weapons parts' to remove the red bar from the weapon durability"

Or its the one where you say "Stop focusing on adding new content until what you have is free of bugs"

vor 1 Minute schrieb Fly_Guy8791:

It's the one where you say "Hey this 'event' was not great because it actively prevented people from playing"

Or the one where you say "Gun malfunctions don't have a place in this game unless there is a way to mitigate/prevent them. How about being able to burn a 'weapons parts' to remove the red bar from the weapon durability"

Or its the one where you say "Stop focusing on adding new content until what you have is free of bugs"

So, you say, that, " Fix your shixx game" is not critic.

2nd. you can always play Tarkov, even if you die in many Raids. - Tarkov actuall says, You will die a lot in Tarkov.

3rd. after 0.12.12 only overheating cuased malfunction by all weapons above 95%. Below there is a chance for all other malfunctions.

4th. Every single game add new content and these new conent can also add some newer bugs... so this point is pointless, unless there are old bugs, that aren´t found yet.

• Sad 1

I'm going to start by saying, I love this game, I was lucky enough to get into EFT in the first wave of Alpha. I'm a similar age(bit older) to you and started a little bit earlier but come on mate...

8 hours ago, BrettB said:

even with its temporary flaws

Temporary flaws?!?

Janky netcode, bugged sound, crazy and random memory leaks, optimisation so poor that it won't even run on it's own recommended spec list, waiting 3+ months to receive verification emails to even play the game...... the list could go on.

I know a lot can sometimes get lost in translation but the Australian meaning of the word 'temporary' must be VASTLY different than the one I was taught in school.

4 out of those 5 'flaws' are absolutely gamebreaking for some and have been around since the first day of Alpha, that's over 5 years ago.... how could they be considered 'temporary' issues?.

The netcode, whilst now better than it pretty much has ever been, is so bad and offers so much influence over the gameplay that it is actually an accepted cause of losing a fight and dying in this game, it even started the meme 'getting Tarkoved'.

The netcode ALONE is a valid enough reason for people to moan.

Yeah it's in Beta and yes they are still actively working on this project but BSG brought all the moaning and whinging on itself and honestly a lot of it is deserved.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

So, you say, that, " Fix your shixx game" is not critic.

2nd. you can always play Tarkov, even if you die in many Raids. - Tarkov actuall says, You will die a lot in Tarkov.

3rd. after 0.12.12 only overheating cuased malfunction by all weapons above 95%. Below there is a chance for all other malfunctions.

4th. Every single game add new content and these new conent can also add some newer bugs... so this point is pointless, unless there are old bugs, that aren´t found yet.

Whoosh that one went over your head.

Yes talking about a poor event it is a critic. It prevented people from playing....

I'm not complaining about dying. I'm STATING that weapon malfunctions don't have a place unless you can prevent them.

Yes every game adds new content. But every game also doesn't prioritize content over bug fixes. And few games hide behind the tag of "beta" when it is effectively released.

Like I said, some cannot tell the deference between complaining and giving critical feedback.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791

18 hours ago, Megalectium said:

In my humble opinion, with the game still in beta and being quite pricey, criticism is not not going to happen. and this game it's a HUGE NOOB STOMPING GAME MAN.

i'm a noob and i come across "chad lord" i empty a whole clip of my PPsh point blank range, then get flick shot head and eyes.

"BSG have a hard job, but get paid too well"  ............."too well" ..........Is this an official measure of compensation..or just your standard.....lol, you guys on this forum kill me man,..for real.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Fly_Guy8791:

Yes talking about a poor event it is a critic. It prevented people from playing....

Which one was it? Like i said, you can always run a Raid in Tarkov, so tell me, which one was it?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Fly_Guy8791:

I'm STATING that weapon malfunctions don't have a place unless you can prevent them.

... and you can, if you maintain them well and don´t overheat it with multiple 60 rounder magdumps from your Meta M$ with M995... like someone would do iRL

Edited by Hijack_Dallas

Tarkov is a great game, I love it. However the developers, BSG, are not really up for the task at hand. New content release happens at a snails pace, some major bug fixes seem non-existent, anti-cheat is half arsed, and having absolutely zero visible roadmap in place gives me a bad feeling about the whole thing.

I bought EoD, so I'm supporting the whole things, and I've introduced other players to the game as well. I just didn't expect it to take this long to do... Well, anything. I think Reserve is the only map that has been released since I started in 2018, apart from some map expansions.

I will keep playing, but my breaks are getting longer and I no longer jump for joy when a new patch comes out.

What kinda worries me is the frequency I see discord chats or reddit posts where people are complaining about the progress of the "wipe" and making suggestions like, "Every wipe we should be locked out of the flea market for X days/weeks"

Is this just modern fortnight season gamers expecting tarkov to have regular wipes after launch?
Does the tarkov player-base understand what a beta is?
I swear some people must be paying battlestate games a regular subscription the way they rant on.

On 11/28/2021 at 8:10 AM, Megalectium said:

what do you expect to happen if your using a ppsh lol that thing is trash unless of course you aim for the legs try spending some money and using a decent weapon problem solved!

8 hours ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

Which one was it? Like i said, you can always run a Raid in Tarkov, so tell me, which one was it?

... and you can, if you maintain them well and don´t overheat it with multiple 60 rounder magdumps from your Meta M$ with M995... like someone would do iRL

It was the heat wave dehydration event. When that was going on I didn't have the flea market. Water was sold out and I had no way to get more.

I went EVERYWHERE (even the spots people HERE on this forum said they where finding it) looking for it in raid only to find nothing. Because of it me, and MANY like me couldn't play the game. It was a trash "event".

The overheating isn't in the game yet, I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up.

And no you cannot prevent the game from randomly throwing in a RNG malfunction. You cannot repair or maintain firearms like you can IRL. Slowly over time the life of the gun wears out.

But on a real weapon a simple barrel swap, changing out the gas rings, extractor/extractor spring (maybe a whole new bolt) would bring the gun back up to 100%. You can't do this in game.

The game slowly give the gun this stupid read bar you cannot get rid of. Now focus REALLY REALLY hard on this next line, because this is what makes it constructive criticism instead of complaining:

You should be able to use the "weapon parts" item to remove the red bar from weapon durability.

That is called a "solution". Being constructive means, you identify an issue (weapon malfunctions have no place in this game), and you provide a solution to the issue (if they want to keep a trash mechanic, then here is a way to mitigate/prevent the issue)

On 11/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, BrettB said:

41yrs old gaming since 1998 (Original Half life on a voodoo 2) im no youngen - noob - what ever its called now.

It's futile stating the words voodoo 2, lost on the generation at hand. Were they 12mb?

And voodoo 2 is late to the gaming party, I think I have more authority here. (Joking! :) )

• Like 1

I'm with Brett on this.  Tarkov is absolutely thrilling, and there are very few games that have given me such a "buzz" (his wording).  I do empathize with people's points that the BSG team, with their vision, may have bitten off more than they can chew - and it does take them a long time to fix things.  There are bugs and flaws and the code is bad, etc. etc. - BUT - the game is very enjoyable and is truly unique (and it is playable).  To me, it is completely worth it and a bucket of fun; the pros far outweigh the cons.  The only issue I am truly worried about is hackers, and if I could play this game as is, without hackers, that would be good enough. 

Of course, I want to see the sound improve, static audio feedback has to be fixed now, new maps, inertia etc.  There are lots of things that could and should be improved.  I'm not saying that they should not fix/add things - and I think it is perfectly fine for them to play around during BETA, increase scav difficulty, run weird events, etc. 

But I have more of an issue with the some of the players/forum posters.  Their sense of entitlement is absolutely ridiculous and mind boggling.   I've seen things from "I didn't pay for this" (about a game that says it is in BETA) to stating that BSG "gets paid too well" (which is subjective bs) to people unreasonably complaining about the balance of the game (when part of its appeal is that ambiguity)... these players/forum posters just need to chill.  It is not like BSG has officially released a broken game (ex. Cyberpunk) or have run off with money and stopped development.  If you need to take a step away from Tarkov, do so, no harm there.  Put your money where your mouth is and send a statement by staying away from Tarkov and telling others to avoid it.

But if you are not leaving EFT/running away, I'm thinking there is a reason ya'll are still sticking around, and if that is the case, then give BSG a break and don't bring so much negativity to the game/this forum.  Let the game be what it is, offer suggestions, let them collect data off our playing, make changes, develop things and leave it at that.  That's my stance. 

Edited by Datvivar
fixed typo
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:11 AM, BrettB said:

When the copium hits.

19 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

Tarkov is a great game, I love it. However the developers, BSG, are not really up for the task at hand. New content release happens at a snails pace, some major bug fixes seem non-existent, anti-cheat is half arsed, and having absolutely zero visible roadmap in place gives me a bad feeling about the whole thing.

I bought EoD, so I'm supporting the whole things, and I've introduced other players to the game as well. I just didn't expect it to take this long to do... Well, anything. I think Reserve is the only map that has been released since I started in 2018, apart from some map expansions.

I will keep playing, but my breaks are getting longer and I no longer jump for joy when a new patch comes out.

pLEASE TELL ME WHO WOULD BE UP TO THE TASK OF MAKING THIS GAME,....EVEN AAA STUDIOS ARE RELEASING GARBAGE EN MASSE THESE DAYS........

13 hours ago, Blackwater21 said:

pLEASE TELL ME WHO WOULD BE UP TO THE TASK OF MAKING THIS GAME,....EVEN AAA STUDIOS ARE RELEASING GARBAGE EN MASSE THESE DAYS........

Hey at least my AAA studios don't have criminal ToS's that violate consumer rights with no arbitration clauses. At least if I'm not satisfied I can get a refund withing a reasonable time limit. At least they update their recommended specs and not list 2016's requirements on their website.

1 hour ago, AzureChimes said:

Hey at least my AAA studios don't have criminal ToS's that violate consumer rights with no arbitration clauses. At least if I'm not satisfied I can get a refund withing a reasonable time limit. At least they update their recommended specs and not list 2016's requirements on their website.

Got it, i see your point BSG are a Russian company.....even i have adapted to how they "Do Business" at my work of course we deal with international policies alot and we are in over 200 countries so getting to know how different countries do business and the policies they embrace are key, some policies i read in regards to dealing with other countries are still a "WTF moment" for me....lol, but this is the reality of the world...and as borders seem to disappear more frequently these days ...it will be a large part of the future..........and dealing with the frustration of how other's "do business" is unfortunately part of the future landscape in this line of work. Also try to remember Russia is a communist country and there are MANY cultural differences, i have actually had a few close friends that are Russian and sometimes the WAY in which they come to an answer about a given situation might be very different from what you and i would perceive as "business as usual". But do you understand how many times another country has looked at the U.S and thought "what the hell are you thinking" in regards to business practices which are now more governed by LAW than anything else. I understand your frustration though.