I am not saying the damage model/hit reg is bad,...i am saying it is totally broken.

Blackwater21

I love the game,..no doubt, but after months of feeling that the engagements in game felt "fake" and horribly not very "authentic" (whatever that means) i realized IT IS NOT ME. I have much video but after my last encounter which unfortunately i didnt record i landed 6 rounds of BP 7.62 and when i tell you NOT ONE ROUND SEEMED TO DO ANYTHING to the target, meaning his movement did not slow down, he showed no damage in a real world sense WHATSOEVER, ...just got hit with 6 Armor piercing 7.62 and turned around and sprayed me without a care in the world....lol. I am not understanding what is going on......how can you do everything right, get the jump on a player HIT HIM with 6 7.62 rounds and LOOSE the engagement???  246 DAMAGE never mind the 75  damage that was absorbed by the armor??????  .....wow...just wow. What do have to do to win a fight???? vlcsnap-2021-12-04-12h46m59s191.thumb.png.6c12f4e068de91ea84cfafc7f871d686.png

vlcsnap-2021-12-04-12h46m55s369.png

Edited by Blackwater21

A couple of days ago I was hiding in a bush and took out a lvl 56 player (I was lvl 6) with a million+ worth of gear by placing one 7mm buckshot in his face. He still does not know what happened. 

Edit: I think players would have a better experience if they stop with all the gear that they really cannot afford. If you go in with a million+ worth of gear and anyone can take you out if you are "unlucky", then you should not spend that kind of money. Spend what you can afford. This game is not just about gear. 

Edited by lotheladus

i know excatly what you mean. i have similar issues. for me the worst thing about this game are these coin flip fights in close combat and when the people visualy kill you with 8bullets in 0.5sec without a chance to even hit the left mouse button.

but in your situation 246 dmg is no kill if every bullet hit a different bodypart

Edited by Paschon

12 minutes ago, lotheladus said:

A couple of days ago I was hiding in a bush and took out a lvl 56 player (I was lvl 6) with a million+ worth of gear by placing one 7mm buckshot in his face. He still does not know what happened. 

Edit: I think players would have a better experience if they stop with all the gear that they really cannot afford. If you go in with a million+ worth of gear and anyone can take you out if you are "unlucky", then you should not spend that kind of money. Spend what you can afford. This game is not just about gear. 

i DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT RELEVANCY THIS HAS WITH MY POST,...WHICH IS CLEARLY ABOUT HIT/REG- DAMAGE MODEL????

15 minutes ago, Paschon said:

i know excatly what you mean. i have similar issues. for me the worst thing about this game are these coin flip fights in close combat and when the people visualy kill you with 8bullets in 0.5sec without a chance to even hit the left mouse button.

but in your situation 246 dmg is no kill if every bullet hit a different bodypart

THE ENGANEMENT LASRTED SECONDS...I AM PRETTY SURE I DIDNT HIT HIS LEFT LEG, THEN RIGHT LEG, THEM LEFT ARM ETC??????....LOL...BUT MAYBE I DID...LOL

• Sad 1

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS? The relevance is obviously that you lost - deal with it. If you cannot afford to loose, then stop spending that kind of money. As I said; this game is not entirely up to what gear you can afford. It helps, but on the other side we can see how frustrating it can be to loose too much money. So that is one aspect of this game that you have to consider.  You bought some expensive bullets etc and expected to win a gunfight? The bullets have to actually hit something too. 

Edited by lotheladus
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Its a server issue. If it were a hitbox issue you would have 600+ damage blocked by armor and 390 damage done to flesh with 50 hits of express buckshot.

I don;t understand this,...i was using a mutant with 7.62 BP and he was using 5.45 Bt ammo?

11 minutes ago, lotheladus said:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS? The relevance is obviously that you lost - deal with it. If you cannot afford to loose, then stop spending that kind of money. As I said; this game is not entirely up to what gear you can afford. It helps, but on the other side we can see how frustrating it can be to loose too much money. So that is one aspect of this game that you have to consider.  You bought some expensive bullets etc and expected to win a gunfight?

I have no idea what you are talking about, i did not "expect" to win the fight, but after i hit him with 6 rounds BEFORE he even fired off a shot led me to believe. Maybe i would have the upper hand.....i guess not..lol.

I think that the reason you are so frustrated is because of what I mentioned, and that you hit him 6 times somewhere but he hit you back and got lucky. He was probably experiencing all kinds of consequences from your bullets, but it was just luck as he - after he knew he was under attack - turned around and sprayed in your direction. I have experienced far worse situations than this, but always when I have spent too much on gear did I care about it and likewise if I have not spent any money at all and still are able to take out players I did not expect to be able to take out. 

Edited by lotheladus
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lotheladus said:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS? The relevance is obviously that you lost - deal with it. If you cannot afford to loose, then stop spending that kind of money. As I said; this game is not entirely up to what gear you can afford. It helps, but on the other side we can see how frustrating it can be to loose too much money. So that is one aspect of this game that you have to consider.  You bought some expensive bullets etc and expected to win a gunfight? The bullets have to actually hit something too. 

There are issues with hit registration, so the "you lost deal with it" comment is super lame. 

8 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

There are issues with hit registration, so the "you lost deal with it" comment is super lame. 

Yes, that can be, but is it really so? Is that such a big problem that we would expect nothing would function as expected at any time? Everything is random, except when you win? Or is the situation the same for everyone, at all times?

Edited by lotheladus

19 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

well i have no problem "dealing with it"...lol its a game, i am fairly new so i thought this is weird.

13 minutes ago, lotheladus said:

Yes, that can be, but is it really so? Is that such a big problem that we would expect nothing would function as expected at any time? Everything is random, except when you win? Or is the situation the same for everyone, at all times?

good questions because you know now that i think of it it seems CONSISTENCY is the problem, you know? i shoot a scav with no body armor one time and he drops....another with no armor 4 times, so yeah, i don't know how to try to explain that to myself...lol

Yesterday I shot a scav without armor in the stomach 4 times with a Mosin before he died. This game is probably more realistic. In reality its not like you shoot someone and they are dead instantly unless in the head, armor or not. 

Edited by lotheladus

10 minutes ago, lotheladus said:

Yesterday I shot a scav without armor in the stomach 4 times with a Mosin before he died. This game is probably more realistic. In reality its not like you shoot someone and they are dead (not functional) instantly unless in the head, armor or not. 

i dont think ANY human can survive 4 shots of 7.62x54R.................miracles do happen though.....lol

Edited by Blackwater21

11 minutes ago, lotheladus said:

Yesterday I shot a scav without armor in the stomach 4 times with a Mosin before he died. This game is probably more realistic. In reality its not like you shoot someone and they are dead (not functional) instantly unless in the head, armor or not. 

i do not rely on equipment and considering my recourses i would say i usually go into a RAID in pretty modest fashion (level 4 armor, basic helmet..etc) but i am big on tactics, and thats why i think i feel so cheated...lol, its a little disappointing to sneak up on someone, watch them for a few seconds.....hit them 6 times with good ammo (not the best) and seemingly do nothing? but i am paying attention now a little more. i could afford to run slick, Alton all day....but don't want to, i have had the OPPOSITE problem when i go in like that....i am a sponge...lol.....one raid my slick was zeroed out and alton on about 15 and i was thinking after tanking round after round "I am invincible"!!!! ....to me that sucks too.

2021-12-04[14-41] (0).png

I don't buy headpiece, headgear or armor at all, because it is too expensive (for me, at this time). Especially headpiece because im not interested in hearing my own footsteps even louder - if someone is going to attack I will know then at that time, and I get to either go after them or run away. I have had more than one 50+ lvl player adding me to their friends list. Of course they often take me out, but thet see my tag showing im only low level and they got a fight that was fun.

1 minute ago, lotheladus said:

I don't buy headpiece, headgear or armor at all, because it is too expensive (for me, at this time). Especially headpiece because im not interested in hearing my own footsteps even louder - if someone is going to attack I will know then at that time, and I get to either go after them or run away. I have had more than one 50+ lvl player adding me to their friends list. Of course they often take me out, but thet see my tag showing im only low level and they got a fight that was fun.

That means you are probably good at the game and you really on your brains more than equipment, to me thats what wins fight's you are only low level now,..when you get going you will see the levels rise! i am no stranger to this game i have recently had some very funny things happen, it is a test game so i expect that....i think everyone goes through it playing this game,...it can be incredibly rewarding....and it can be unbelievably frustrating and what adds more confusion to it is they change the game so often ANYTHING could be different tomorrow!.....lol....i just test the game like they tell me to do and most of what i find they fix before i submit a bug report! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Its a server issue. If it were a hitbox issue you would have 600+ damage blocked by armor and 390 damage done to flesh with 50 hits of express buckshot.

i have a good idea what it takes to kill a player in this game, this was my last raid..... this is the stat from killing 4 players! all of them were wearing level 4 armor with the exception of one who had a Gazelle on......not one of these guys took more than 4 rounds to kill once hit.

2021-12-04[15-21] (0).png

2021-12-04[15-22] (0).png

5 hours ago, Blackwater21 said:

I love the game,..no doubt, but after months of feeling that the engagements in game felt "fake" and horribly not very "authentic" (whatever that means) i realized IT IS NOT ME. I have much video but after my last encounter which unfortunately i didnt record i landed 6 rounds of BP 7.62 and when i tell you NOT ONE ROUND SEEMED TO DO ANYTHING to the target, meaning his movement did not slow down, he showed no damage in a real world sense WHATSOEVER, ...just got hit with 6 Armor piercing 7.62 and turned around and sprayed me without a care in the world....lol. I am not understanding what is going on......how can you do everything right, get the jump on a player HIT HIM with 6 7.62 rounds and LOOSE the engagement???  246 DAMAGE never mind the 75  damage that was absorbed by the armor??????  .....wow...just wow. What do have to do to win a fight???? vlcsnap-2021-12-04-12h46m59s191.thumb.png.6c12f4e068de91ea84cfafc7f871d686.png

vlcsnap-2021-12-04-12h46m55s369.png

You did hit him 6 times but that is not enough if you do not zero his head or thorax, he took 3 of your limbs off and killed your thorax so that is a minimum of 265 damage he did to you, 85 on the thorax, and 185 minimum from 2 arms and a leg.  You did 246 damage to him. 

What I've complained about in these situations is the lack of inertia for movement and PMC turning and painkillers being absolutely retarded in their implementation. If you got the drop on him and landed the first hits, he would have been unable to 180 flick you while AD spamming and he would have died. If what I wanted was in the game, you would have won that fight. 

59 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

You did hit him 6 times but that is not enough if you do not zero his head or thorax, he took 3 of your limbs off and killed your thorax so that is a minimum of 265 damage he did to you, 85 on the thorax, and 185 minimum from 2 arms and a leg.  You did 246 damage to him. 

What I've complained about in these situations is the lack of inertia for movement and PMC turning and painkillers being absolutely retarded in their implementation. If you got the drop on him and landed the first hits, he would have been unable to 180 flick you while AD spamming and he would have died. If what I wanted was in the game, you would have won that fight. 

He did ADAD strafe like crazy,......lol.....i am tremendously looking forward to "Inertia" I agree the movement is silly stupid, no doubt, how do you hit someone when they are so fast they can dodge bullets....lol. The next Patch will be great......

2 hours ago, Blackwater21 said:

He did ADAD strafe like crazy,......lol.....i am tremendously looking forward to "Inertia" I agree the movement is silly stupid, no doubt, how do you hit someone when they are so fast they can dodge bullets....lol. The next Patch will be great......

Dude I feel you, it was pissing rain on customs and I snuck up on these two chads looting my buddies corpse. His friend was posted at ice cream watching absolutely nothing yet jittering around like a dragonfly while his buddy was looting. I held fire and got within hatchet distance of his buddy because I wanted to one tap his buddy and then magdump the looter. I fail and end up having to shoot him when he sprints at me and his buddy kills me even though I got the drop on him because I was the first one holding ADS on a corner peek and he was strafing in pointfire reflex mode. They both should have died that raid but inertia fucked me.  

On a high note this is my newest budget M4 preset. Quite affordable, not too likely to get looted, and 50 recoil under 4kg loaded with 67 erg. image.thumb.png.d5ae482d432aaaff6118c0b67e231a74.png

Edited by ACuddlyBadger

13 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Dude I feel you, it was pissing rain on customs and I snuck up on these two chads looting my buddies corpse. His friend was posted at ice cream watching absolutely nothing yet jittering around like a dragonfly while his buddy was looting. I held fire and got within hatchet distance of his buddy because I wanted to one tap his buddy and then magdump the looter. I fail and end up having to shoot him when he sprints at me and his buddy kills me even though I got the drop on him because I was the first one holding ADS on a corner peek and he was strafing in pointfire reflex mode. They both should have died that raid but inertia fucked me.  

On a high note this is my newest budget M4 preset. Quite affordable, not too likely to get looted, and 50 recoil under 4kg loaded with 67 erg. image.thumb.png.d5ae482d432aaaff6118c0b67e231a74.png

I think the next patch WILL BE YOUR PATCH!,....lol,  if everything goes right it should change the game permanently....UNLESS the streamers really start giving BSG a hard time....then i see trouble. Lets hope BSG sticks to their guns. 

On 12/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, Blackwater21 said:

well i have no problem "dealing with it"...lol its a game, i am fairly new so i thought this is weird.

After reading the thread it seems to me that regardless of classing yourself as 'fairly new' you have a good experience of what the game can offer and how it works. However I can tell you after many  years of playing I learn new things each week, even if it's logistical and not technical.

There are many unexplained encounters in the game, in fact last night in a small room on factory my squad (3 players) had another 3 PMC's walk into the room and considering I full autoed a 50 round mag specifically aimed at their heads and got 2 of the 3 kills (3 if you count my mate, whoops) their helmets were magically unscathed.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:44 PM, Blackwater21 said:

i dont think ANY human can survive 4 shots of 7.62x54R.................miracles do happen though.....lol

I believe they can under some circumstances. Not all scavs wear armour, but this late in the game I expect all PMC's to be using some from of armour piercing ammo - that stuff will go through scavs if you shoot them in the chest, nearly every time.

I think (and don't quote me) this was a big issue during the vietnam war for the Americans as the enemy just kept shooting back even after being shot a few times. I could be making it up as it was a long time ago I heard about it.

Also special forces have said (specifically during capturing bin laden) that they have to put extra bullets in people to make sure they are dead because it's entirely possible for them to still raise that arm and pull the trigger.

Edited by Vodor

6 hours ago, NewArk23 said:

Didn't you loot them?

No.....at this point in the wipe i just go for the kill placing the emphasis on tactics and not loot.....i have plenty at this point.

Am 7.12.2021 um 17:44 schrieb Blackwater21:

No.....at this point in the wipe i just go for the kill placing the emphasis on tactics and not loot.....i have plenty at this point.

I understand. For my part, I could never resist. What has it got in its pocketses? Oh we need to look, my precious. :)