Frantic

#1 EFT Discord (Unofficial) - DO NOT VERIFY HERE

KREION

I really hope that the Team behind EFT will drop by and say hi to people.

As a backer in Star Citizen I know how useful Discord can be for a team to test things ask for specific bug hunting and coordinate stress test.

They choose it as their primary tool for their communication with the players for that reason, and if it's good enough to handle the development of a huge project like Star Citizen it surely can help EFT to become better.

• Upvote 1

Nyctea

@Frantic thank you for the invitation!

Regretfully, we can't really participate in voice channel from office to avoid distracting other guys, and have very limited time to type extended answers on one more media channel beside forum. However, if you're fine with me just saying "Hi" and dropping by a couple of times a day to answer a question or two/collect feedback, I guess it's doable =).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frantic
49 minutes ago, Claus said:

@Frantic thank you for the invitation!

Regretfully, we can't really participate in voice channel from office to avoid distracting other guys, and have very limited time to type extended answers on one more media channel beside forum. However, if you're fine with me just saying "Hi" and dropping by a couple of times a day to answer a question or two/collect feedback, I guess it's doable =).

Much appreciated, Its really important to have you there. Hopefully the rest will follow :). You show the community alot with this move, as for the Voice chat I believe its not big of an issue, since Discord is mainly for text-chat purposes but yeah, Its equally good. 
We speak further from the inside.

Cheers and Welcome!

Kwahamot

Brilliant chat service to use.

If you want to speak to the EFT community, this is the place to go. :) 

• Upvote 1

Frantic

Today, we just pass over 100 members on Discord (yeh not April fool's joke), I want to thank each and everyone of you :cannedmilk: for joining and making this a great Community overall. More to come, Alpha draws near, so again, if any of you dont have a team/partner to play and enjoy the game on testing period, come by and say hello!
Also the server feels alot better and safe with @Claus presence. That's all folks! Next target 1000 member :D

Frantic

It's been a while since the last post here, so a little update of how things going on EFT Discord server.
Firstly many people are not aware of what this program is and the whole purpose of it. So a little explanation here:

"Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed specifically for gaming. 

Discord was born out of our own frustrations with the voice and chat tools we all use while playing games. It’s a bit strange that in 2015 most of us are using chat apps that haven’t been updated in years to play games that are updated every week. We deserve better.

Discord brings gaming communication out of the stone age. It's free, easy to use, and with you even while you are AFK.
You can check out an extensive list of advanced features on the Discord landing page.
"

You get the idea, but you need to experience it, in order to fully understand it's potentials (It's Free)! Nuff said, EFT Server is doing great overall, we count over 200+ members (1 Developer /bow @Claus) from all regions with 20-40 people always active. 

We're also have an Alpha testing group (EoD owners) ready to unleash into the Tarkov universe once the testing period begins, so again if you don't have any partner/team to play, its a great place to find one. 

To those who won't be able to play on Alpha-Beta stage, we give our best to keep news-updates flow about the game, you'll get notified about important events (e.g Livestream) and of course hang out with the rest of the people chit-chat, theorycrafting or even party on another game.

That's all folks! To join the server you can either click on my signature or use this Invitation:cannedmilk:

-Frantic.

• Upvote 1

Frantic

As the time draws near, a little bump 'bout EFT Discord server - Invite Link or Signature click. :uninja:
eft_discord.PNG

• Upvote 1

Kwahamot

Join for condensed milk. :cannedmilk:

• Upvote 1

Frantic
58 minutes ago, Texocet said:

Just hit that join button!

635916516562722892506827702_shia-990x500

somdow
On 3/28/2016 at 6:49 AM, KREION said:

As a backer in Star Citizen I know how useful Discord can be for a team to test things ask for specific bug hunting and coordinate stress test.

Hello all, first timer here. I signed up to the comm discord channel waiting for the ok for the other channels. just wanted to drop in say wassup. On a side note, what IS the StarCitizen discord channed? i been a backer for a few years, never thought to look for it lol

Frantic
5 hours ago, somdow said:

Hello all, first timer here. I signed up to the comm discord channel waiting for the ok for the other channels. just wanted to drop in say wassup. On a side note, what IS the StarCitizen discord channed? i been a backer for a few years, never thought to look for it lol

Hey mate, I saw you got sorted on EFT Server, I hope you and the rest of people having a good time and enjoying the community so far. 

Bout SC Discord i found one from their reddit it's pretty populated, I doubt its their official one though. 

dr_cannibalism

Not sure I'll make too much use of it as my crew has our own Discord, but it couldn't hurt to have in case I'm solo'ing and run into some people.

Texocet

The idea behind it is to create a secure environment that the NDA can survive within and keep players clear on the guidelines and as a community hub I believe. Rather than a be all end all. I'll be switching between Discord/TS servers/channels as fit with what I wish to achieve. It's good to know there are communities gathering around this game already though.

Also Hi again Cannibalism, Haha.

Minotaurus

No authorization... he say TS ist betttter Progaramm to talk

BrandonS101
34 minutes ago, Minotaurus said:

No authorization... he say TS ist betttter Progaramm to talk

are you saying you can't join? discord is easier to set up

Minotaurus
Just now, BrandonS101 said:

are you saying you can't join? discord is easier to set up

i mean Teamspeak ist a 1A Programm for speak

BrandonS101
Just now, Minotaurus said:

i mean Teamspeak ist a 1A Programm for speak

ya but its easier to post updates and stuff on discord

Hexen

1. Our gaming community (we play different game) have discord and our members very satisfied since we moved from TS. We been delaying moving to Discord for quite a while but in the end it was 100% worth it. An upgrade no matter where you look.

2. If you have large Discord (many users. and by that i mean thousands). If you are a popular streamer, Youtuber, gaming company - Discord as a developers are really nice guys. They offer improved servers with features that yet in the pipe for a regular users. And as always absolutely for free.
https://discordapp.com/partners

So if you have a lot of users and start experience communication issues due to that - you can always poke Discord devs and they give you super-duper server with some cool not yet released features. Very nice of them.

3. Discord is absolutely free but It's also stable. I think we been using Discord for about 8 months or so and there was only 2 brief breakdowns in communication in all that time. I been paying for TS server for years and it was been much less stable while I been covering it from my own pocket. I could not host TS on my own due to very diverse community. We have users from all over the globe so I had to rent a good server that could provide tolerable connection. And with Discord our users are quite satisfied with quality of connection it offers. For free.

4. Tools. Discord offer variety of useful tools. Sure "naked" Discord have less features than say TS. But... it does have an API. And you can go to GitHub and get whatever you need :)

For instant:

https://discord.me/

That can generate permanent link to a server and list your server on a public servers list. Discord devs give such feature to a larger servers from their own service domain but otherwise you can use community made ones as well. Again - no complains in 8 months of use.

https://www.carbonitex.net/Discord/bots

Download one you like, fiddle with it and host it as your own. Or use a stock one hosted by an independent devs. In second case uptime is lacking but it's free as well. What Discord bots can do? Much more than TS ever did. You can program them to set permissions to a newcomers, engage users in trivia's, watch over chat and stop coarse language, kick spammers and much more. Whatever you program them to. Most of them are opensource and available at GitHub.

Edited by Hexen

.Motorola.

So who is going to group up there?

I might sounds like a beta-male little cutie, but i am afraid to go alone out there....:uninja:

Edited by .Motorola.

Hexen
4 минуты назад, .Motorola. сказал:

I might sounds like a beta-male little cutie, but i am afraid to go alone out there....:uninja:

Visited it briefly today. Was a little bit an overkill with dank memes but otherwise it is populated. You would not be alone. Just cover from those dank memes flying around.

BrandonS101
4 hours ago, .Motorola. said:

from what i heard its not nessiarly a clan or anything its just a place for people to play with no clan commitments 

Rex_Hilverstone

Great work mate,is a great ideea to bring the comunity even closer!

Peerun

Took me a while to find. Maybe move it from Off-topic to somewhere where it is more visible?

Kwahamot
1 hour ago, Peerun said:

Took me a while to find. Maybe move it from Off-topic to somewhere where it is more visible?

This topic doesn't fall into any other forum and therefore will have to, unfortunately, stay in the off-topic section. You can use the search function at the top right of the forums in the future if you want to search for anything in particular.