Sign in to follow this  
Kershaw8706

Upgrading Graphics Card RX480 or fury?

Hello All

I am currently playin on a 2600k i7 3.4 stock (plan on overclocking shortly) with a gtx 770 classified 4gb and 16 gigs of ram at 1600. I was wondering if anyone has played this game on a RX 480 or Furry (x)? I really would like to try out AMD this time and was looking into these. Anyone have experience with these cards and EFT? How does it look?

Edited by Kershaw8706

From what I heard on the recent Russian Q&A several players are experiencing issues with AMD GPU's, which actually was unknown to the devs. I am ready to be corrected of course, as I myself play on an nVidia hardware and have never heard of such things until then.

I also have a gtx 770 classified and I have not had any issues playing this game with that card. But with that said I also want to upgrade to a new card. From my research and the fact that I want to start gaming at 4k, I am going to wait until the 1080ti comes out. Everyone that I know with an AMD card says that it's ok and that if they had the funds they would have went AMD. So if your only reason for choosing AMD is for trying something different, I suggest you take another look at Nvidia. If money is an issue, I hear that the GTX 1070s perform nicely.

Just in case you never heard of this site:

http://pcpartpicker.com/

4 minutes ago, SomeSoldier said:

I also have a gtx 770 classified and I have not had any issues playing this game with that card. But with that said I also want to upgrade to a new card. From my research and the fact that I want to start gaming at 4k, I am going to wait until the 1080ti comes out. Everyone that I know with an AMD card says that it's ok and that if they had the funds they would have went AMD. So if your only reason for choosing AMD is for trying something different, I suggest you take another look at Nvidia. If money is an issue, I hear that the GTX 1070s perform nicely.

Just in case you never heard of this site:

http://pcpartpicker.com/

saving for 1080Ti and 3440x1440 144hz Gsync samsung monitor end of year.......hopefully :P 

1070s are a sure bet and theyll get better in a year or so with the drivers , 1070s as good as a 980Ti........nothing to turn your nose up at thats for sure

Edited by CptBluemax

Fury is getting old, and is a bit pricy.

Rx is starting to beat the 1060 in some benchmarks. Amd seems to age better than nvidia.

I would buy the Rx480.

Or 1070-1080 if you want something better. 1080 for 4k. Or wait for something better to come..

Edited by Eqlibrium

I wouldnt go with AMD until they release their new CPUs / Graphics cards. Not only will it make the market cheaper, but the performance gains will be much better on the AMD side of things. You can buy anything Nvidia atm and be pretty happy with performance.

Thanks fro the responses all. I forgot to mention that I am gaming on a 2560x1080, I don't plan on upgrading any time. Money is some what of an issue, most I can spend will be 300 max. I'm just looking to max this game at 1080. I might go up to 2560x1440p in the future but not any time soon, I will never go back to 16:9.

A rx480 should does a great job at 1080p, a friend have it. He is happy with it, i even tried bf1 at 4k with the settings i use on my 1080. Was surprised over the performance, but the 1080 kicks its ass tho. But its a overpriced gpu if you ask me, i bought it on sale, was 100 bucks more than the 1070 , so my tought was.. f*ck it. I want it... xD

The vega (next gen amd) is still far away, if im not mistaken. Think its mid 2017 or later, if i remember right... Been waiting for it since before i upgraded to gtx1080.. But they took to long, and after reading that its not coming this or next month im afraid they have missed the opportunity to finally beat the green team again... But time will tell...

Anyways, i think nvidia sells overpriced cards these days...

Edited by Eqlibrium

5 hours ago, Kershaw8706 said:

Hello All

I am currently playin on a 2600k i7 3.4 stock (plan on overclocking shortly) with a gtx 770 classified 4gb and 16 gigs of ram at 1600. I was wondering if anyone has played this game on a RX 480 or Furry (x)? I really would like to try out AMD this time and was looking into these. Anyone have experience with these cards and EFT? How does it look?

I had AMD once.. Never will I ever have that again. 

Since you have an intel chip set, logic would dictate you get an NVIDIA card as they tend to play a little better together. If you have the cash, get a 1080. I have one and play anything in 4k. Even if you don't play in 4k you will have a decently future proof GPU for at least a few years. 

37 minutes ago, molchanoviv said:

They have issues with AMD CPUs not a GPUs. AMD FX has some troubles with cpncurency and reducing tasks to the cores. 

P.S. I use RX480. It works very well without any troubles.

Like I said. I don't know, that's just what I heard. Kudos for correcting me!

save your money.

1080Ti will release soon which will lower the price, even a small amount, on the 1080's as people will want to upgrade to it.

AMD will soon be releasing the Ryzen CPU and new GPU hardware. This happens about every year to every other year.

The game is not very optimized as even people with Pascal Titans are having issues with stable frame rates at even 1080p.

Upgrading for the sake of upgrading (or to max out a particular game) is not a good decision to make because once you buy that GPU you'll find yourself wanting more.

Save your money and get what you want in 6months.

the RX480 is a pretty good GPU, and for SOME games its out performs the Nvidia equivalent but only on games that are more optimized towards AMD especially with the Vulkan API. The majority of games are overall better optimized for Nvidia which is why its the popular choice though.

I have a 980Ti that I got when it launched and it performs excellently. This is a viable option when the 1080Ti's come out as the prices on the 900 series will drop considerably as NVidia is already trying to phase them out and retailers will want to make room on their shelves and warehouses for the 10 series cards and we're just over 6 months of the Pascal architecture release.

Either save your money and get what you want in a few months and be happy you wont have to upgrade for a few years, or get what you can afford now and end up having to upgrade in the next few months and spend even more just to get to where you know you want to be.

The 2700k is getting long in the tooth as I've seen some benchmarks, running 10series NVidia and AMD's current line of GPU's, running on the current Skylake and Kaby Intel CPU and AMD's best CPU's and the 2700k is going to be a bottleneck in short order. Which means that you'll eventually have to upgrade your CPU, RAM and Mobo anyway. That's not to say that its not performing bad, as it still delivers solid performance. but it wont be long before an upgrade is going to be mandatory.

I got a 1060 6gb recently for 215$ best money I ever spent. Game runs way smoother compared to my old 960.

Would recommend the 1060 6gb for EFT.

AMD are planning to release their new line of GPU's this year according to rumours, I haven't delved too much into but I believe their new production is Volta(?) architect designs. Nvidia plan to release a similar but in 2018.