Anyone else losing scav Karma for attacking back, as a scav, and killing the aggressor?

DissAbledGamer

I lost scav karma when this shot me in the back of the head with a  flesh round and I ended up killing him only to lose scav karma. 

• Upvote 1

yea I'm done playing this game. just had the best run of my tarkov playing days as a scav. i just lost alot of stuff i worked hard for to a scav just laying on the ground that I exposed myself to due to him suppose to be friendly . its absolute b.s i never kill scavs as a scav. but i have to lose my stuff due to poor players IM DONE. 

Edited by Croniclier1
  • Sad 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Croniclier1:

yea I'm done playing this game. just had the best run of my tarkov playing days as a scav. i just lost alot of stuff i worked hard for to a scav just laying on the ground that I exposed myself to due to him suppose to be friendly . its absolute b.s i never kill scavs as a scav. but i have to lose my stuff due to poor players IM DONE. 

That's nothing to cry for, make the next SCAV Run, there is no Survive Guarantee ingame.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ElGuruDE said:

That's nothing to cry for, make the next SCAV Run, there is no Survive Guarantee ingame.

OH RIGHT im suppose to play the game wrong because others cant play right? then i have to lose standing with traders for killing scavs? why play the game if i cant even gain an inch.

2 hours ago, ElGuruDE said:

honesly sounds to me like your one of the people who kill scavs as a scav to ruin it for others.

• Upvote 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Croniclier1:

OH RIGHT im suppose to play the game wrong because others cant play right? then i have to lose standing with traders for killing scavs? why play the game if i cant even gain an inch.

There is no right or wrong.

Yes, its poo to loose stuff because you get scav killed as a scav. It is what it is. But youre Not the only one.

Got multiple Times scavkilled too, as a scav, Like everyone Else.

Take it Like a man and start the next round.

• Sad 1

Just had the same issue. Scav blew my leg of. then got in a lucky shoot before finishing me. Got rep minus with fence.

Also lost 40+ rep out of the blue before that. no idea how and why, just got to 1.0 rep yesterday but today it was 0.54.
lost 0.02 rep point from that encounter yet I lost 20 rep more. 

Something tells me the fence rep is beyond broken now. other Scav players has also been highly aggressive toward each other while its been chill otherwise for a while.  Definitely going to take a little break now form eft after that. 

Edited by BlueHydrax

the way it works i think is that you get .01 for extracting as a scav with no scav vs scav kills.  if you kill a scav you lose 0.10 if you kill a scav who killed a scav you lose nothing.  

I just got rolled up on  as a scav by 2 player scavs who use dno coms and started shooting as soon as they saw me i killed one but died.  Thats life its dog eat dog out there.  My stash is still worth 65 mil after a month  so im not to fussed.

I think some of y'all are off track lol. The question was why are we losing karma when we are not the agressor for defending ourselves against the aggressor scav player. q

8 hours ago, DissAbledGamer said:

I think some of y'all are off track lol. The question was why are we losing karma when we are not the agressor for defending ourselves against the aggressor scav player. q

for your situation, i bet someone else shot you and you thought it was the one behind you, so you killed the good scav there. thats why you lost rep. i'm trying to rep up my scav so have seen all kinds of crap these days. lots of scavs don't give a fck, cause they don't play their scav that much. don't think there is a problem with that mechanic. i have killed so many player scavs who betrayed me and if they had killed some other scav that raid, i get positive rep from that kill, and if they have not killed anyone yet, i obtain no positive rep and no negative rep from that.

3 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

for your situation, i bet someone else shot you and you thought it was the one behind you, so you killed the good scav there. thats why you lost rep. 

I know you're trying to help, but he was a player scav that was following me, which I thought wanted to partner up, but he was looking for a shot from the back of the head. It is nowhere near what you are trying to suggest, and also we were the only ones in the building when it happened. 

48 minutes ago, DissAbledGamer said:

I know you're trying to help, but he was a player scav that was following me, which I thought wanted to partner up, but he was looking for a shot from the back of the head. It is nowhere near what you are trying to suggest, and also we were the only ones in the building when it happened. 

did his bullet hit you?

Been playing this 'Beta' for over 4 years now, when I see threads like this I sometimes offer to help frustrated players. I am no Sherpa but I have met some amazing people I truly call friends like this. I will say that this game is all about perspective, yes reality butts in but perception will beat that out every time if you think it out. Hear me out please.

You die as a scav. Does it matter? No. Why? It is a free loadout and just laugh at the moron player scav that shot you. You lose literally nothing as you spent no money or time setting him up. Look at any loot he gets as a bonus and when you are killed that perspective will change to it is 'meh' that guy sucks. The law of averages says you will come out on top if you play smart, and I am making videos to help new players to prove this. You will absolutely have bad runs. You will die. Adapt, shrug it off, laugh, take a break, etc and back to it and you will end out on top I promise you.

PMC? Similar. Geared runs, yeah it sucks to lose that gear but that is what this game is and you can't do anything about running into situations you can not control (cheaters, campers, etc), all you can do is just head down eyes forward and same logic with the Scav and control what you can control and that is you. You will come out on top, just again play smart. This is not a idiotic 'git gud' reference, it is saying play to your strengths and adapt to bad situations or weaknesses you have. Once you shrug off the little things, switch runs up, and so on you will advance no matter your skill level. I can prove it and will happily help anyone that dms me. I am not a Sherpa nor do I want to be, but I will help a fellow frustrated gamer out as I have been there as have we all. I will share my twitch reflexes are average at best, but I sure can out think many situations and tailor it to my advantage.

Shrug it off. Today I was camp killed 3x's, killed by friendly scavs 2x's, one exit camper, and one VERY questionable run in. Results? Red Rebel. 2 Mag Cases. 2 Ammo Cases. Insane amount of crafting mats. 4 fuel cans. 1.4m roubles loose cash and all in about 2-3 hours play.

Perspective is everything.

Edited by Elder-Drake
typos

They spent about 30 seconds on a Friday afternoon on the scav karma system. No aspect of it works properly and probably never will.

To the scholar above, yes it OBJECTIVELY matters if you die as a scav, especially when you're actively trying to level your scav rep. Each .01 helps in the long run, dying removes that. It's even more frustrating when it's a death to another player scav knowing the devs didn't give you an adequate way to defend yourself. It's overwhelmingly likely you have severely negative scav rep and kill other player scavs all the time.

To anyone who plays the right way, dying as a player scav does matter and it's extremely annoying. To say otherwise is absurd.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moses06 said:

They spent about 30 seconds on a Friday afternoon on the scav karma system. No aspect of it works properly and probably never will.

To the scholar above, yes it OBJECTIVELY matters if you die as a scav, especially when you're actively trying to level your scav rep. Each .01 helps in the long run, dying removes that. It's even more frustrating when it's a death to another player scav knowing the devs didn't give you an adequate way to defend yourself. It's overwhelmingly likely you have severely negative scav rep and kill other player scavs all the time.

To anyone who plays the right way, dying as a player scav does matter and it's extremely annoying. To say otherwise is absurd.

I am confused, I offer to help and are you insinuating I am one of those that kills other scavs? How does that track? Also if you are relying on scav extracts to boost karma only you are sadly doing it wrong. Vehicle extracts as a PMC even with diminishing returns nets you enough to get to around 2.0 positive. If you can pull off a friendly scav+PMC (hard to do but a way) more rep.

Next time someone offers to help maybe not insinuate they are toxic, I meant what I said and I will happily help others. 4 years and a few hundred post back that up but I am making videos to help friends and will happily share them where you see me in real time doing runs. I don't want subs if I share, just trying to help but some people don't want that it seems. Just to complain and lash out but despite that I still will help you or anyone that ask. I don't have time for bs I am too old for that so take it or leave it but don't insult someone trying to help you.

On 1/17/2022 at 5:59 AM, ElGuruDE said:

The problem isn't that he died...it's that he cannot defend himself properly or use judgment without being punished by the game's "only after you are hit" self-defense design.  In a game with high TTK and people who knowingly abuse the system, it puts a significant percentage of people at a BSG-induced disadvantage.  They really do need a better system.

2 hours ago, behi09ma said:

did his bullet hit you?

Read my original post, he shot me in the back of the head with a flesh round so naturally it didnt kill me. It's become blatantly obvious you are not reading and just simply posting antithetical comments.

26 minutes ago, Elder-Drake said:

Vehicle extracts as a PMC even with diminishing returns nets you enough to get to around 2.0 positive. If you can pull off a friendly scav+PMC (hard to do but a way) more rep.

The problem with the karma this time around was the Santa that was glitched upto the 27th of December, where he would attack you on both SCAV or PMC if you attacked any scav. This was a issue mainly for PMC's because attacking/killing any scav would result in Santa hunting you down like he was Killa, and when you retaliate you lost MASSIVE Fence Rep. 

Posted December 27, 2021

We have started the installation of an update that contains several adjustments to the game mechanics of the New Year events. The game will not stop, however on servers undergoing updates raid time may be reduced to 10 minutes.

List of changes:
● Santa will no longer attack players, who attack other Scavs;

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DissAbledGamer said:

The problem with the karma this time around was the Santa that was glitched upto the 27th of December, where he would attack you on both SCAV or PMC if you attacked any scav. This was a issue mainly for PMC's because attacking/killing any scav would result in Santa hunting you down like he was Killa, and when you retaliate you lost MASSIVE Fence Rep. 

Posted December 27, 2021

We have started the installation of an update that contains several adjustments to the game mechanics of the New Year events. The game will not stop, however on servers undergoing updates raid time may be reduced to 10 minutes.

List of changes:
● Santa will no longer attack players, who attack other Scavs;

I absolutely can get that frustration, I myself had that happen coming into this wipe cycle late and getting -.7 rep (down from .5 or so) from killing him. Luckily I was low level and attributed it to me killing Santa and pissing off Fence as an intended mechanic. I can understand people being frustrated over unwarranted negative bs rep loss that is not their fault, not excuse there. Really BSG should have done a Rep event with Fence to make up for the people that lost rep in this situation but not surprised it has not happened.

I won't bump any further but I really get the frustration and I am not trying to stir drama, I am just saying try to shake it off. It really is a new ironic perspective for me to realize I reset over a BSG mistake, others are suffering from this as well, and BSG has really only removed Santa now after 'fixing' him. Scav Karma is HUGE and impacts your experience a lot so I apologize if I came off as diminishing that, it was not my intent. Let's see if BSG does right with an event, if not I get people wanting a break. 100 runs successful extract for just 1 point so I personally lost 120 runs due to Santa, awesome. Well at least I have myself back up to 2.0+ but if Santa was broken, logic would say that maybe these reports of needless loss of rep after are in fact very true and not just complaining. That really sucks, that really is all there is too it.

Edited by Elder-Drake

Well - For everyone that has negative rep right now, Nikita did tweet

@nikgeneburn

Jan 18"Thinking about adding special quest to gain fence rep for those who got fcked up by Ded Moroz"

So there's some hope to recover some rep.