Scav Rep Hit for Zero Reason

Solo830

So I have put in a ticket as of the second of January about this issue. They attempted to brush it away with a simple automated reply and a close which is why I'm posting this here now. Since fence reputation there has been bugs here and there causing people to lose a mass amount of reputation doing nothing wrong. I believe that I may have been hit with this.

I know everyone is going to ask if I killed Santa Clause during his roam around tarkov. No.

I have shot him a few times as a PMC but I've never actually killed him.

1. Shot him in the dark in customs, rolled me like the casual I am.
  2. Opened a door on customs shot a scav with magnum buck. Santa comes barreling down the hall after 5 shots and kills me like I deserve.

This loss of Karma happened sometime within the same day that i killed Shturman on my PMC. I'm guessing this has to be what was the cause as I killed him and got his key, but died. Did another two runs and finally opened his Cache. Then I completed a Scav run killing a PMC after getting a decent loadout on it. This sparked me to check my reputation to find that I somehow have -0.72 Fence reputation. When I killed Shturman I even got so excited I sent it to my friend over discord which is why I have the screenshot of it.

I have no idea what I've done to deserve this -rep scav hole as since the change in this scav rep I've been a good little scav and attempted to make friends with everyone...usually resulting in me getting shot upon touching the first lootable object. Maybe someone will have a suggestion or know whats wrong. Maybe someone out there will rally behind me as this has happened to them. I'm only bringing this here as BSG already tried to brush it aside once so I'm leaving this here publicly.

My copy pasted ticket of information:

Spoiler

Ive been playing since the start of this wipe and have over 1000 hours into this game. Upon the introduction of Fence/Scav Reputation I do not fire upon scav's unless they first fire upon another scav or fire at me and HIT as I don't want to take any penalty's for this. I haven't seen or shot Santa Clause (as far as I know) and after this scav raid I find my reputation is -0.72? I spawned in, no scavs are aggressive to me, I check my inventory I have armor good gun and a load of extra mags. I thought to myself man I should see what my scav karma is I must be doing well for this load out. Kill a PMC in the raid that killed Santa or somehow got his Pilgrim. Got shot while looting him and upon returning to the traders I see that my karma is absolutely decimated. -0.72. I struggled to get up to 1.0 upon the release of karma and with my reputation suddenly being gone I don't think I can even run Scav peacefully anymore. Earlier I killed Sthurman earlier as a PMC but according to the mechanic this shouldn't affect anything. Can you please help me fix this or even tell me what I actually did wrong to get this deep? Please help me.

Added after I realized the picture I pulled was the discord preview and not the full size.

ss+(2022-01-01+at+03.27.38).jpg

Edited by Solo830
removed first picture

Did you by any chance kill bosses / guards as a scav?
Even if they attack you first, i think you get malus from most (all?) of them.

Regards

PS: considering 1x Santa was -1.0 for me, -0,7 isnt the end of the world... is it rising as it should with each scav run?

never once killed a sav boss or guard as a scav, I actually just died to them now because I refused to shoot Reshala's boys even though they were aggressive with me. Yes it's going up slowly. I duo extracted with a scav on woods because we talked it out the second we saw each other. I'm down to -.42, I could take cars and try to sit at duo extracts all day if I HAVE to fix their mistake. But I'm hoping they will at least balance me out to where my rep should be instead of using my "big" rep gains to fix their bug. I took a 1.0 loss I believe as since I'm EOD and I definitely did a few scav runs successfully, .2 to -.72 seems about a 1.0 loss but I never killed Santa like I said. When this loss happened I hadn't seen him in my kill lists or even seen him in person till a day or two later.

I think this ticket is finally coming around to the end. I'm asking for permission to post their replies publicly. To summarize if you didn't record 24/7 they refuse to do any more. Asking if they have no tracker of gains and losses for an account especially after the initial fiasco where people lost tons of rep doing nothing wrong just simply made their auto reply bot think I was trying to make a suggestion instead of a support ticket. I may have gotten a human reply once or twice in it but it seems that they will not accept they have made a mistake.

Spoiler

02 Jan 2022 05:52

I would use the "Game" Category but that isn't an option. Just Account. Purchase, and Other. Ive been playing since the start of this wipe and have over 1000 hours into this game. Upon the introduction of Fence/Scav Reputation I do not fire upon scav's unless they first fire upon another scav or fire at me and HIT as I don't want to take any penalty's for this. I haven't seen or shot Santa Clause (as far as I know) and after this scav raid I find my reputation is -0.72? I spawned in, no scavs are aggressive to me, I check my inventory I have armor good gun and a load of extra mags. I thought to myself man I should see what my scav karma is I must be doing well for this load out. Kill a PMC in the raid that killed Santa or somehow got his Pilgrim. Got shot while looting him and upon returning to the traders I see that my karma is absolutely decimated. -0.72. I struggled to get up to 1.0 upon the release of karma and with my reputation suddenly being gone I don't think I can even run Scav peacefully anymore. Earlier I killed Sthurman earlier as a PMC but according to the mechanic this shouldn't affect anything. Can you please help me fix this or even tell me what I actually did wrong to get this deep? Please help me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Escape from Tarkov Support 17:47 14.01

Hello!

Unfortunately, your report does not contain the following information we would be grateful if you attach it:

- Please describe your problem in full detail, attach screenshots and/or a video of the problem (the best way is to upload the video to YouTube with access from the link).

This information is very helpful for developers to find the cause and, as a result, the solution to the problem. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:20 17.01 Solo830

Once again, please read the above statement, here's a picture of my post pmc kill list where I killed a raid boss the same day I lost my rep. along with my reputation that I've since dual extracted with. its up to -.42 now because I'm constantly trying to scav and slowly fix the garbage that you guys want to ignore. I to date have now made I think two mistakes killing player scavs. This is still not enough loss to be negative .43 when I was negative .72? Don't try to automated response this out of existence after I wait almost TWO WEEKS for you guys to reply to this ticket.

705338dd46daa9_0.jpg

16:21 17.01 Solo830

Screenshot two since you can only attach one at a time I guess.

bace27c69a1c29_0.jpg

Escape from Tarkov Support 15:37 19.01

A video of the raid showing the issue occuring would be appreciated, without it, we are unable to explain what may have caused it or provide the information for us to fix it. 

21:45 19.01 Solo830

I dont have a video of it, my scav rep was just gone out of nowhere, I NEVER did anything to lower it and it was just horribly negative.

22:05 19.01 Solo830

After the last fiasco with everyone losing scav reputation theres nothing in place to log losses or gains in scav reputation?

Escape from Tarkov Support 11:48 20.01

We are actively thinking about ways to make this system better and provide ways to recover them, though this section is dedicated to bugs. As we are not able to fully notice the issue from videos, the information will be kept and we will investigate with more cases. 
We would need you to leave your suggestions in a special section of the forum: forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/107-questions-and-suggestions/
As you are currently in a technical section of the game support, we focus on bugs and game problems and as such, we are unable to process suggestions.

Thank you for contacting us.
If you do not have more questions, you can close this request and rate the quality of our support.
Respectfully yours, the Escape from Tarkov support service.

19:45 20.01 Solo830

So overall the final say on this is essentially since i was not recording 24/7 gameplay your willing to do absolutely nothing to fix a glitch that effects the users gameplay. If this is the case there is not much more I can do about it. I will accept that you won't fix the issue and my rate on the quality of the support will accurately reflect that. To properly follow the requirements stated at the bottom of this support request i would like to include this tickets contents to a forum post I made stating about this issue. I would like to ask for written consent to do so.

Escape from Tarkov Support 23:23 21.01

As we mentioned above, with the information from other players, we will investigate further and fix issues if there are any. As per suggestions, they are being processed on the above given links.

Thank you for contacting us!
If we answered your questions, please close this request and rate quality of our support service.
Respectfully yours, the Escape from Tarkov support service.

02:55 22.01 Solo830

So am I not being given written permission to post the contents of this ticket publicly?

Escape from Tarkov Support Today at 11:05

You are free to share the content of this ticket at your own risk as it may contain private information about your system/game or configuration. 

This request may contain CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION and/or PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION intended solely for the recipient and, therefore, may not be re-transmitted to any party outside of the recipient's organization without the prior written consent of the sender.

Full ticket transcript, i added segments to make it a bit easier to find each set of replies.

A few days after they added the Christmas stuff, pmc's could lose rep for killing scav bosses. While this was patched out after a few days, you're out of luck if you're expecting a reputation reimbursement.

8 hours ago, Distracted_SA said:

A few days after they added the Christmas stuff, pmc's could lose rep for killing scav bosses. While this was patched out after a few days, you're out of luck if you're expecting a reputation reimbursement.

So they know this is an issue, patched it. But refuse to accept that they messed it up and wont do anything to fix it? Why am I not surprised that Battlestate is doing this. These rep issues have thrown player scavs back into old habits because its not fixable within reason. you maybe can balance yourself back out if your only as deep as I am, but your stuck using ALL of your high rep boosts to try to fix an issue that you did nothing to deserve. I dont see how it would even be hard to write a script that checked your information when a user logs in. They have a tracker for when you killed scav bosses. Cross check it with a preset data range, if they hit and have negative fence karma, soft reset to default value atleast.

6 hours ago, Solo830 said:

So they know this is an issue, patched it. But refuse to accept that they messed it up and wont do anything to fix it? Why am I not surprised that Battlestate is doing this. These rep issues have thrown player scavs back into old habits because its not fixable within reason. you maybe can balance yourself back out if your only as deep as I am, but your stuck using ALL of your high rep boosts to try to fix an issue that you did nothing to deserve. I dont see how it would even be hard to write a script that checked your information when a user logs in. They have a tracker for when you killed scav bosses. Cross check it with a preset data range, if they hit and have negative fence karma, soft reset to default value atleast.

It is what it is