Error when starting up the launcher. status code: Forbidden

Carro_Veloce

image.png.ad6f1b798fd31ff8698403da0afd8232.png

Yesterday went on a scav run on Lighthouse when suddenly disconnected. Wasn't loading back in at all so I opted to alt f4 the game. Started the launcher again and I get this message when I try to get in. I uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher and I still get this message.

btw isn't the launcher supposed to be version 12.12? I try to download the launcher from the tarkov site and this is the launcher version it gives me. I can't play the game anymore.

I have the exact same issue since yesterday, tried everything and i am unable to fix it.

If I turn on my VPN i can connect to the game but i cant enter any raids (this seems to be a VPN related issue).
As soon as i turn off my VPN it kicks me out of the game.

3 hours ago, devildos said:

I have the exact same issue since yesterday, tried everything and i am unable to fix it.

If I turn on my VPN i can connect to the game but i cant enter any raids (this seems to be a VPN related issue).
As soon as i turn off my VPN it kicks me out of the game.

I don't use a VPN at all... Guess I'll put in a ticket and hope they'll respond somehow.

I'm not using a VPN either, im just saying that using one allows me to at least load the game, which is not possible without one for me anymore.

But it doesn't fix the issue cause i cant load into a raid anyways. I just mentioned it cause the issue seems to be IP related.

11 minutes ago, kwon said:

Please try and reset your routers - Give it a solid minute before powering it back on

I'll do that in the wee hours, since this household would kinda be pissed if I did that right now. I'll update you on what happened.

1 minute ago, Carro_Veloce said:

I'll do that in the wee hours, since this household would kinda be pissed if I did that right now. I'll update you on what happened.

Sounds good! - I've had a handful of people that's had that work for them.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, kwon said:

Sounds good! - I've had a handful of people that's had that work for them.

Update: Didn't work, unfortunately. And support hasn't contacted me about it yet, so I think I'm just gonna do a hard uninstall and reinstall and see if that does anything...

I have the exact same issue since i came back from a weekend trip (this morning).
Already tried reset my router and reinstal my launcher - did not help.
P.S. I don't use a VPN.
Do you have any updates, guys? 

8 minutes ago, LordScallion said:

I have the exact same issue since i came back from a weekend trip (this morning).
Already tried reset my router and reinstal my launcher - did not help.
P.S. I don't use a VPN.
Do you have any updates, guys? 

You have old launcher. Current version on 24.1.2022. is 0.12.12.11.16440.

Download new launcher and reinstall game, or click on "check for updates" button.

Edited by orion310591

I uninstalled the game, and tried to redownload the launcher from the site. The problem is, when I try to download it from the site, it's not the latest update of the launcher. 

image_2022-01-25_070223.png

On 1/25/2022 at 8:26 AM, Kelenath said:

Reboot your box to change your Public Ip address ;)

I'll try that.

But just an update, completely uninstalled the game and launcher, redownloaded and reinstalled the launcher, didn't work. 

43 minutes ago, Carro_Veloce said:

I'll try that.

But just an update, completely uninstalled the game and launcher, redownloaded and reinstalled the launcher, didn't work. 

It's a http post error.

Run the game trough a vpn like a protonvpn and see if it helps.

If it does - your ip got blocked by Tarkov for some reason. 

Hi Guys, this issue popped back up.

Same issue - Error n Post Status: Forbidden.

Can anyone assist from BSG?

I've got EU version, bought in SOuth Africa, but playing in different Country as im here for work.

Other thin it worked fine up until this morning,

Any help will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

BSG can assist! I worked it out with support, it is indeed an IP problem. I think they did block my IP coz we checked logging in with another IP and it worked. They've since unblocked my IP and I can play the game again :)