I want persistence sick of wipes.

Saber123316

I work full time. I have a life outside work. And I love Tarkov. The moment the game became available I bought EoD. I wanted a multiplayer S.T.A.L.K.E.R and I feel this game gives me that. I get all the tension and anxiety that I just love from that game. 

However. I can't commit the time that some people in the community can to this game. That is just life. 

Every wipe I rush to play and the first few weeks are great I am on a level playing field I can dish it out with the best of players. I can take my lumps and then as the days go on and the wipe matures I simply don't invest enough time in the game to keep up with the gear curve.

Tarkov has a massive gear curve. If anyone tells you that someone with an SKS and 7.62x39 and ironsights is just as effective as a player with level 10+ soft skills, tier 4 armor and helmet and an AK74 fitted with mods that allow a red dot, silencer, BT ammo, synthetic stock rubber BP. They are full of poo.

9 times out of 10 you will lose that fight. I am fine with that. 

Recently I was watching a podcast with Veritas and it was 2 months back when they changed the level requirement of Kappa. to 62 and he had a conversation with Nikita and he said.

In order for him to get from 69-71 or whatever the previous level was He would have to run labs and extract making 25k exp a run and that equates to approx 190-200 hours of in RAID time. Thats not taking into account deaths, waiting for match, selling items on flea, managing your inventory etc. Just in raid time.

I will be lucky, if I hit level 20 before the next wipe. I don't make it out of many raids, the raids I do I rarely see a scav or a player. If I start firing I am just ringing the dinner bell for some other player. And if I die within the first 5 minutes I might make it out with 50-100exp. Then add in the FiR requirement for many items. I do better questing as a Scav than a player.

With the player count Tarkov has I don't see why we can't have a server with persistence that lasts through wipes and a server that wipes every new patch. With such a limited amount of time to play I would play more if I knew I was working towards something that had more permeance than 6 months give or take. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

@Saber123316
Wait until the game is released. There will be two master servers one for those that want regular wipes and one that never wipes.  

I think you are also criticizing the wrong part of this game. A hardcore game shouldn’t be about the better meta gear, it should be skill based.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Himmuguegeli said:

I think you are also criticizing the wrong part of this game. A hardcore game shouldn’t be about the better meta gear, it should be skill based.

Tarkov is not skill based at all.

There is no equal playing field if it was skill based it would be. I am not asking for a skill based game.
I am quitting this wipe because I know I won't be able to compete with players who have been able to play for the remainder of this wipe. Not having a wipe every 6 months allows me a path forward to catch up.

• Like 2

Agree OP. They need to release the game and give us an account that never wipes.
I'm on my second wipe and fairly decent at the game (hit level 15 in 30 raids), but I'm already drifting away because I know I'll just keep losing my hard-earned progress.

I can understand streamers and no-lifers being hyped for endless wipes.. But there's got to be hundreds of thousands of us casual players who absolutely hate it. Game has been in beta long enough.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

Eh, this isn't really true at all.  I'm not saying that people won't have a massive advantage if they have better gear, but the statement above is equivalent to saying "aiming doesn't matter" (which is also not true).  There is skill involved in Tarkov, but different in some ways than other shooters.  Also, Tarkov has a different kind of strategy than other shooters.

Anyways, back to the main point of the post, I am also a casual player - haven't made it very far this wipe.  Some wipes I do a lot, some I completely miss, but I'm okay with the wipes.  Like Himm said above, eventually, when the game gets released, there will be a permanent server and I'm excited for that, but as long as the game is in Beta (even if that is for a couple more years) I'm completely okay with the wipes. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree. I cant play this game because I only have some spare time on the weekend and as much as I think this game is great, I just cannot keep up. Even if I catch up at some point there is a wipe and so 80% of the time I am at disadvantage and the only way to get something out of raid is camping with my trash VPO and garbage lvl 3 armor because I dont want to get desintegrated by the chads playing mostly in squads that just have more time than me and are lightyears away after two weeks. Most times they just leave my gear with the body because I'm a weekend timmy player and its mostly trash to them. I am struggling to get cash for a trash gear that  can put 9 rounds in a chad and he just turns around and blasts me and they have a helmet that is worth twice the price of my whole equipment for the ride. I had fun last wipe as I managed to relatively catch up with the gear and money, but I am not signing up for this experience again because as much as it was rewarding at the end, it was a real pain to get to this point just to lose it all.

Let me get this straight. Because you dont have time and others do, its devs problem because you cant play. You dont like it? Move on and stop playing it. This game is very much skill based and not gear based. Sure people with better gear have an edge in head on 1v1. But if you think its mostly gear based you are terrible and clearly you dont know how to play properly. You can literally run SKS with PS that costs 25k with ammo, headset, armor, where it all would costs you below 100k. You can 1 tap chads with Exfil, Airframe. You suck at using single shot guns? There is a solution, the rat monster called PPsh-41 and with that drum mag you can destroy anything that is not using faceshield since its semi-accurate. Maybe you like using SMGs? Let me introduce you to PP-19. You can get recoil down to 43 without spending any money and none will ever take it if you insure it. This game is great if you are outgunned. You can flank, sneak up on someone or just hold an angle. This game got so much easier after inertia changes because ´´chads´´ cant just fast speak A-D A-D you and need to commit. Just git gut and stop complaining.

Edited by shouse
  • Sad 8
  • Upvote 2

Where do people get the nerves to demand stuff like this? :D
Have you tried to work some of your braincells to figure out what this would mean to a game like this, still in development?
And are you really complaining about the fact that others have more time to play a game than you?
If you want level ground, play other games that are hyper-balanced and dont mess with your entitled mindset.

This game had never been about pitting equals against eachother. Not gear-wise, not skill-wise. That is why it's enticing.

• Hot 2
  • Sad 8

12 minutes ago, lazos said:

Have you tried to work some of your braincells to figure out what this would mean to a game like this, still in development?
And are you really complaining about the fact that others have more time to play a game than you?
If you want level ground, play other games that are hyper-balanced and dont mess with your entitled mindset.

This game had never been about pitting equals against eachother. Not gear-wise, not skill-wise. That is why it's enticing.

It's not an entitled mindset to want a reasonable game with some form of persistence after over half a decade of development. Not everyone is a doormat that takes whatever a gaming studio dishes out to them, those who ARE that way will never understand those who are not.

You can only hide behind the beta, or early access, status for so long. Eventually you have to start showing progression. Those of us who purchased the EoD version of the game have yet to receive a single DLC. There are still multiple maps that have yet to be released. They'll release one map per wipe, which means it's another 1-2 years MINIMUM before the maps are all released. This means it will be nearly, or more than, a decade before EoD purchases will finally receive a DLC. That's absurd and not a single person who purchased EoD from the beginning would have if they knew how long it would be before DLC arrived.

The reason this game is such a grind is because BSG doesn't have confidence in their product. Because of this they make everything a ludicrous grind in a desperate attempt to keep people playing. If your game is good enough you don't have to use gimmicks. They went with gimmicks. In fact the number one way you know a studio doesn't have confidence in the product they're providing is if they don't provide refunds.

In reality, door mats such as yourself are bringing down the quality of gaming for everyone. You have no standards and negatively view anyone who does because it's a reminder to yourself how weak you are.

Stop being weak and accepting anything the devs want to throw at you, it's screwing up gaming for the rest of us. Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, lazos said:

If you remain so shortsighted this game will die very sudden death - the playerbase will be just decimated once something new/better is hyped up. There is large portion of playerbase who don't play every day, or every month even, but want to have a game to return to play a bit from time to time. Many quests in this game are not fun, or are more "achievements" and there is no point in doing them as long as there is no persistence, but are required to unlock portions of the game (so some people can never get the hideout built). Also playing the game without strength and endurance is not fun at all, so another reason for those players to not revisit the game as they keep being placed at disadvantage against others who leveled their characters since the last wipe.

This is nothing to do with "complaining about others having more time" - the game has basic problem with engagement, if it was fun and engaging to play, then no one would ask for "wipes" to make it fun and engaging again. Then people who don't like to regrind same "shoot scav in the leg from 40m while withdrawing from painkillers" would not have hideout built up for a year but could unlock flea market and reach level 10 of skills. That would allow them to have some fun at the game as it would allow them to carry decent armor and gun, and you would have this part of playerbase returning to the game regularly instead of waiting for release.

I think as long as there are enough players who accept everything under "the game is still in development" excuse, and are happy to redo even the most boring/stupid of quests, the game will never go out of development. People buy the game, play few wipes, burn out (because it is boring to invest time into black hole that will erase everything and be at square 1 again) and get replaced with fresh players - that is what is financing the development. I would like to be proven wrong, but there is no reason for BSG to release the game as long as people are buying new copies. More players (current ones plus the portion waiting for release/permanent profile) would just cause more strain on the servers, and we see there is enough problems as it is. I just hope they will release it before too late, to still have enough playerbase to still keep the game playable at least a year or two without wipes.

• Sad 1

Wipes need to go. Tired of the wipes as well. Its bad enough to lose gear to hackers... Let alone the developers wiping the game "for updates". Cant wait for a mod to come tell me I know nothing and thats the way the game works.. You know because every other game developer can push updates without wiping the whole game hahahaha. 

44 minutes ago, moses06 said:

It's not an entitled mindset to want a reasonable game with some form of persistence after over half a decade of development.

How come? Do you have any idea what they have to do in order for this game to work the way they want it to?
If you have a better idea, you can fund a game yourself, then maybe you'll understand why it's taking so long, or why they need to have wipes.
You are demanding something unreasonable, that is entitled mindset.

14 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

If you remain so shortsighted this game will die very sudden death - the playerbase will be just decimated once something new/better is hyped up. There is large portion of playerbase who don't play every day, or every month even, but want to have a game to return to play a bit from time to time. Many quests in this game are not fun, or are more "achievements" and there is no point in doing them as long as there is no persistence, but are required to unlock portions of the game (so some people can never get the hideout built). Also playing the game without strength and endurance is not fun at all, so another reason for those players to not revisit the game as they keep being placed at disadvantage against others who leveled their characters since the last wipe.

Oh, yes please. There are countless other games that cater to you, why do you want this game to be one in a dozen?
This game is not about instant gratification (aka "fun"), and never will.

3 minutes ago, GlitchWizard said:

Wipes need to go. Tired of the wipes as well. Its bad enough to lose gear to hackers... Let alone the developers wiping the game "for updates". Cant wait for a mod to come tell me I know nothing and thats the way the game works.. You know because every other game developer can push updates without wiping the whole game hahahaha. 

There were valid reasons to have wipes, sometimes they changed how things work, added durability for keys, changed durability of weapons... It might be a lot of work to perform such updates and preserve all the content of player profiles.

However, even if they are working on economy, most players can live with all inventory and even hideout being wiped, but I am not aware that there was good reason to wipe the player skills and reputation in last wipe or 2. I think most of the players who don't reach lvl 35 in a wipe would keep playing if their stash is deleted but they keep the skills.

Most of the stuff like new quests, new traders, new skills even could be added to the game without having to completely reset the player profiles. I would expect that from product which left "alpha" so long ago.

13 hours ago, Anzac_Mack said:

Agree OP

You are playing Beta game, which is not released and you moan about wipes which are neccesary evil? Did you even read what you are buying?

13 hours ago, Anzac_Mack said:

They need to release the game and give us an account that never wipes.

And it will happen WHEN they release game.
You will have 2 servers.
First with "Seasons" (wipes) so similiar as it works now.
Second without ANY wipes.

On each server you will have an account + 2 characters (USEC and BEAR).

1 hour ago, lazos said:

Where do people get the nerves to demand stuff like this?

Sadly ppl are buying EFT due to Streamers/Twitch Rivals (or other kind of ads)  which does not explain HOW tarkov operates, HOW it will operate, HOW EFT gonna look like in future etc. 

Remember when they added Healing animations? Some people cried about it cause it will "slow game" 
Remember when they added feature where you have to load each magazine per bullet (Not an instant as it is in your stash)? People cried about it.
Remember many other features which were announced 1/2/3/4 Years ago and which appeared in Tarkov already? Ppl cried about them :D.

• Upvote 3

At the end of the day, we all paid for an early access game. An unfinished, unpolished, under development, early access game. Everything is subject to change and is to be expected.

• Upvote 3

Since the game currently is still in development, and each wipe adds a lot of new features, wipes are understandable.

When the game releases though, I would really like the concept of each player wiping individually. When you do all your quests, you would get a button "WIPE", which would reset your profile. There wouldn't be a need to wipe all player profiles at once.

Then all of the players could experience game fully. Chads could reset when they are done, if they want, and start from scratch. And us noobs/players who can't grind like streamers, could finish the game someday also.

• Upvote 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Saber123316:

In the end, there will be so many changes that the current shooter is just laughable.

Because we will get a armor overhaul, where the armor plate inside armored rigs can only protect the area, there the plate physicly sits inside the rig. If the rig has an open area, than this open area is just bare, naked skin or in other words... no armor, even if you would have armor in the current Meta.

Just now, jancis38 said:

Since the game currently is still in development, and each wipe adds a lot of new features, wipes are understandable.

When the game releases though, I would really like the concept of each player wiping individually. When you do all your quests, you would get a button "WIPE", which would reset your profile. There wouldn't be a need to wipe all player profiles at once.

Then all of the players could experience game fully. Chads could reset when they are done, if they want, and start from scratch. And us noobs/players who can't grind like streamers, could finish the game someday also.

I think this can be done much much better using a decent storywriter. Just one example of event:

• Terragroup released a deadly bioweapon in one map (i.e. Customs)  and if you play that map you get infected and die within 20 minutes, even if you survive your hideout cannot heal you and you continue to loose health in next x raids. This essentially closes map for low-level/poor players for duration of event; also insurance doesn't work
  • You can buy a consumable (injection) that protects you against the bioweapon but it has devastating side effects (i.e. a significant skill rollback) and it costs a fortune
  • There is mission in Customs to retreive/eliminate/secure something and the reward is something unique (i.e. special armband, special limited hideout upgrade or unlock of special trader)

With good storywriter you can reuse existing game mechanics, maps and items to introduce end-game content for players who have maxed out skills and all of the items they want. You can also make them risk partial "wipe" (skill rollback or paying fortune to participate) to make sinkhole to counter inflation. The wipes are only needed because the game ceases to be engaging at high level (like when you do all tasks in single-player game), and only way to solve that is to introduce "counters" that give you prestige but decrease your wealth, skills or reputation.

15 hours ago, Saber123316 said:

However. I can't commit the time that some people in the community can to this game. That is just life. 

The failure of BSG to recognize this is one of the biggest pitfalls of this game. The developmental direction of this game seems to be gauged using the perspective of those that play this game for living ie streamers. They are making things impossible for the casual player base and more and more difficult for those that are serious about the game. 

The changes never really impact those that play this game for more than 8 hours a day, but it hammers the nail in the coffin for players like yourself. 

The constantly changing barter criteria should be a testament to how ridiculous their sense of direction is. The moment barter items for certain things start to lower in price, they change the barter criteria. This started with bitcoin barters and has made its way into cases/containers/and you name it. One moment you will see a barter require 10x something then when the item is abundant, they up the requirement to 15x. It's something I have complete distaste for since I started playing this game, and the irony is they change the barters after the major streamers don't need the items anymore for their quests resulting in the slower progression of the general population. This in turn makes it so when you run into them in lobbies they merc you with lvl 6 armor and Top tier ammo while you are still trying to complete with level 3 or 4 gear.

It's gotten worse since they added FIR and it was noticeable whent hey got rid of the Mechanic M4 Barter with the REAP IR scope about 3 or 4 wipes ago, when all the major streamers were done with their quests and the rest of Tarkov had to find the scope to complete quests like gunsmith and the M1A kill quest. It's silly to put it nicely. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, DissAbledGamer said:

The constantly changing barter criteria should be a testament to how ridiculous their sense of direction is. The moment barter items for certain things start to lower in price, they change the barter criteria. This started with bitcoin barters and has made its way into cases/containers/and you name it. One moment you will see a barter require 10x something then when the item is abundant, they up the requirement to 15x.

Changing item value will have to be part of the regular economy if game is going to stop wiping. The process must identify items that are too abundant and automatically adjust spawn rates or add banters that require large amount of given item to reduce its abundance. Having banters changed frequently will add element of anticipation to the game and make players visit it more frequently. I don't disagree with you that it is not good now, but trading must not be stale, it needs to change more frequently to make it more realistic.

It could also be done using "events" where traders have special banters with limited duration (like current operational tasks) which are rotated regularly.

You would also need to have events where keys/cards are invalidated (i.e. Terragroup used one of backdoors installed in their facility to change access codes for violet area and all of the violet cards are now just junk... you have to pay 50k dollars to Peacekeeper to give you special info that allows you to spawn into raid 10 minutes early to catch airdrop that will contain Violet card V2... also all others who also paid for info can spawn into same raid and "normal" players will spawn into raid that is already 10 minutes old and you might already be extracting)... whenever something that is supposed to be "rare" becomes too abundant event is needed to adjust it, only way to keep the game engaging and thrilling and to counter the inflation.

Why are there so many fanboys hammering about: ''Will be implemented, 'wait for the next updates'' and so on? even you guys know that's a far cry, knowing how fast bsg implements and 'fixes' stuff. 
Get real please. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, DissAbledGamer said:

The failure of BSG to recognize this is one of the biggest pitfalls of this game. The developmental direction of this game seems to be gauged using the perspective of those that play this game for living ie streamers. They are making things impossible for the casual player base and more and more difficult for those that are serious about the game. 

The changes never really impact those that play this game for more than 8 hours a day, but it hammers the nail in the coffin for players like yourself. 

The constantly changing barter criteria should be a testament to how ridiculous their sense of direction is. The moment barter items for certain things start to lower in price, they change the barter criteria. This started with bitcoin barters and has made its way into cases/containers/and you name it. One moment you will see a barter require 10x something then when the item is abundant, they up the requirement to 15x. It's something I have complete distaste for since I started playing this game, and the irony is they change the barters after the major streamers don't need the items anymore for their quests resulting in the slower progression of the general population. This in turn makes it so when you run into them in lobbies they merc you with lvl 6 armor and Top tier ammo while you are still trying to complete with level 3 or 4 gear.

It's gotten worse since they added FIR and it was noticeable whent hey got rid of the Mechanic M4 Barter with the REAP IR scope about 3 or 4 wipes ago, when all the major streamers were done with their quests and the rest of Tarkov had to find the scope to complete quests like gunsmith and the M1A kill quest. It's silly to put it nicely. 

Do you realize that you GET REAPIR from another task and dont need to find anything?

1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

And it will happen WHEN they release game.
You will have 2 servers.
First with "Seasons" (wipes) so similiar as it works now.
Second without ANY wipes.

And when will that be? 2030? 🙄
Even most diehard EFT fans admit that there's a good chance the game will never be fully released.

15 minutes ago, Anzac_Mack said:

And when will that be? 2030? 🙄
Even most diehard EFT fans admit that there's a good chance the game will never be fully released.

contract wars lasted 8 years, so probably few years for tarkov, when they notice that there isn't anything that they can do. and move to a new IP with PMC's and bears :D