Game claims realism, but isn't realistic at all. Also too hard for people with a life.

StrongBad68W

So I've been having this issue where I'll drop 2-3 mags into a player and it still does nothing to them.  I guess shots to the face is the only option?  Idk who did the research for this game on ballistics, but no armor in the world can take on mag after mag and not leave the user incapacitated.  steel armor is the only thing that can take on maybe 20 rounds, but the users ribs would be turned into dust by that point, leaving them again incapacitated.  And don't even get me started on the medical portion of the game.  I haven't tried it since I always get killed immediately, but I've been told you use a tq to stop a heavy chest bleed???  There are so many specific items in the game, and they even went through the trouble of making the game tedious by forcing you to take the mag out of the gun to load it with ammo while in the stash menu, yet cant just add a chest seal?  I understand that some people may think this is a "realistic" game just because its hard, but to someone in the military and in the medical field, this game has made me cringe alot.  Also, I have to agree with alot of peoples complaints that its too hard for the new guy.  It's even just too hard for most people who have a job, kids, and whatever else going on.  If you just happen to be amazing at the game or have a ridiculous amount of time to commit to it, then you climb to the top.  Anyone left underneath that bar gets stuck at the bottom and can't even complete the basic tasks because they always get killed.  I could go on with a million examples of why this game is too hard for most and why it's far from realistic but I don't even have the energy to do that.  I'd love to see an actual game that's realistic, but this most certainly is not it.

• Like 1

No this game is trying to be realistic, I don't understand why you try to make this game easier and more like an arcade and newbie-friendly, while that's not the goal of this game ?

In every game if you want to be the best one you need to tryhard or learn a lot of things, If pvp ain't yo thing than just play PVE or loot idk, Idk what bullet you use to not kill someone with one mag

But as a person who mainly play M80 and BP - max 2-3 tap on thorax to kill someone, you probably missed all your shots

Like I said there a lot of realistic details in this game but it's still a beta and good luck implementing everything from reality

Why don't we add sudden death by shock for everyone between lvl 1-10 ? it should be realistic, or idk add a system to piss yoself in a corner ? 

I know a lot of people with kids and family but still are really good at this game, it's not about having the time or being busy 

It's about willing to get better and not being a eternal noob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look every games shouldn't be catered to causal players.  If you don't have the time or the game isn't for you,  please find something more suitable for you.  I'm kind of tired of good hard games being nerf or dumbed down for whiney casuals.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Casuals forget this is MMO RPG. There is a learning curve, grinding like any other mmo. With this wipe they made it even more grindy but I think because this wipe will be longer. 

Think WOW, you cant just create new character and expect to wipe everyone that has thousands of hours in the game.

Take it steady and slow, be prepared to die 90% of the time.

Thank you Kris, I do believe maybe this game just isn't for me.  It's obviously just frustrating when I go looking for a game and the game I find forces newcomers with less time in their life to be stuck at the bottom.  And as for the other two .I dont think either of you actually read this post, and obviously neither of you have any real experience with the reality of ballistics or medical interventions.  I think you just read the title of the post and offended yourself because of your bias towards the game.  If you're good at the game then good for you, but I figured people would want to build on the community instead of calling people whiney or just telling them they suck.  this seems like quite the toxic community if people cant express their problems in a game from a logical standpoint without being called whiney.  I never said anything about being dumbed down, but this game trying to be realistic certainly has failed.  Adding sudden death from shock? really? That just proves that there's no understanding of anything medical there.  That's not how shock works.  And how do you just loot or play pve in this when you just get killed by someone each time you enter the raid?  Last I checked there's no option to do a raid without other players.  Maybe you just are good at the game or have the massive amount of time to commit to it, but just doing pve isn't an option for the game if you haven't noticed.  I certainly am willing and have been trying to become better at the game, that's why I made the post in the first place, because the game isn't balanced even in the slightest bit to give newcomers a chance.  I'm not saying to dumb the game down, I'm saying there should be something in place to let newcomers get a grip on what to do and how to do it before throwing them up against a fully kitted high level player where they stand no chance.  The only option is an offline raid where you gain nothing and have no combat against real people.  Just a set of servers dedicated to lower level players would fix this problem.  If rumor is true, they're lookin to add things like RPGs that send the full affect of the explosive device through walls without actually damaging the wall, killing anyone on the other side.  Tell me that they are actually trying to be realistic with that without looking ignorant.    If the game was actually realistic it would still be extremely hard, it would just make sense at the same time.  Looks to me they're just doing everything they can to make the game hard without thinking of how things actually work and relying on players such as yourselves to eat up whatever they put out because you have no understanding of how things actually work.  It does seem like the whiney players are actually the ones who are accusing others of being whiney because they're too easily offended when someone comes in with a logical standpoint against their favorite game.  I'm done with a forum that contains mostly ignorant players that refuse to listen to logic.  And thank you again Kris, If I do play again I'll definitely take that into consideration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GloamRoaming said:

When does school go back?

In a lot of places it doesn't. Kids now get to stay home and do virtual "school". Basically the pretend to be at school and play games all day.

I know about 6-7 teachers. And it's bad. Some places won't even let the kids fail. They just pass them on to the next grade and they do even worse there because they never learned anything.

2 hours ago, Kris_ said:

Casuals forget this is MMO RPG. There is a learning curve, grinding like any other mmo. With this wipe they made it even more grindy but I think because this wipe will be longer. 

Think WOW, you cant just create new character and expect to wipe everyone that has thousands of hours in the game.

If we're going to talk WoW comparisons, it's more like queing up for your first Warsong Gulch at level 11, and finding you're alone against a team of level 60's

Total lack of fairness/balance in an MMORPG isn't a "feature", it's a flaw.

2 hours ago, Kris_ said:

If by it has quests and you play with other players, yeah I guess you can call this an MMORPG...but this isn't really an mmo...

The game is complicated, but not hard in my opinion. Once you learn it, it's more RNG bullshit and garbage game mechanics that make it 'hard' because the developer can't be bothered to do anything except make new buzz features to sell the game. I've hit about 1600 hours, the first wipe was challenging learning the attachments and what to keep, but it wasn't what I think of as hard.

Using WoW as an example - at the vanilla/tbc stage of WoW, time/gear=power, this game not as much since anyone can kill you with a headshot. Also, WoW is killing itself adding so many systems to lengthen time played because players don't want that poo. I don't want scarce loot, RNG quest loot, more quests, and obnoxiously good AI, I want the key systems such as audio to be addressed and more focus on the core game which is PvP.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb StrongBad68W:

I find forces newcomers with less time in their life to be stuck at the bottom.

i know a person who has 2kids and works 9h a day. he plays way better than anyone else if met and played tarkov together. so no it is not impossible. you just have to be willing to learn the mechanics of the game and not just "play mindlessly"

but this game trying to be realistic certainly has failed

as realistic as playbale. war isnt fun but realistic. a 100%realistic game would be 0 fun. the hard task is to find the right balance between realism and fun. a good example was the 1hit torax sniper round which could be fired by a mosin 3years ago. you could 1hit any player with an hit to the torax if he wore lvl4 or lower armor from an rifle thats was cheap and the bullet costs like 300RU. so 300RU could make an 120.000Ru armor usless. realestic yes. fun no. so they decided to go and give torax 85hp the round does 81hp problems solved.

you can also argue its higly unrealistick for an experinced shoter to miss 90% of the shoots fired just cause he used full auto but is still standing still.

also an experinced shooter should be able to keep an weapon onpoint in full auto or even fast clicking semi auto.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb StrongBad68W:

And how do you just loot or play pve in this when you just get killed by someone each time you enter the raid?

average survivla rate was 34% last wipe. but to answer your question stay out of highloot areas if you are new to the game. also if u fired rounds and are looting a body expect somone to show up after max 2min. if u are taking longer to loot you are running the risk to run into an full pvp player who is just chasing shoots all day long.

Last I checked there's no option to do a raid without other players

its called ofline mode. it has no progression tho (meaning you nether keep nor lose stuff in the raid)

the game isn't balanced even in the slightest bit to give newcomers a chance

it isnt and it will never. the developer made it clear on several statemnts that this game is not for everyone and will never be easy to realy understand/learn by newcomers if they are not using 3rd party information (youtube guides etc)

If rumor is true, they're lookin to add things like RPGs that send the full affect of the explosive device through walls without actually damaging the wall, killing anyone on the other side.  Tell me that they are actually trying to be realistic with that without looking ignorant.

im pretty sure there are some highend munitions that pretty much work that way. Thermobaric weapons/munitions to be precise. they can kill/knockout a crew inside an tank if they hit it (which is the actual planed use in the game). a tank hit by such anexplosions will have minor outer dmage but the crew inside will most likely be heavily concused or dead.

there was a few reasons I stopped playing the game over a year ago, I learned most of the basics of the game but never learned where the player spawns were. This game needs SO MUCH time and effort to learn everything, which is not a horrible thing, but for adults, like me that work 50 hours a week. it's almost impossible. People say, wait for a new wipe so your on an even playing field and can keep up, but the players that have played this game for years, can breeze through the missions, like pestily, that guy can top out on rank in a day after wipe LOL if your like me and can only play a couple hours a week, it's impossible to keep up. I'm downloading the game to play it for the first time in along time, figured I might give it one more go, w/ less CARE this time.. my anxiety is what holds me back in this game.. the fear of coming up on a team and always having crap gear. I figured I'll try, not hard enough to get stressed out and if I run out of money/gear I'll just stop playing again

On 1/22/2022 at 1:49 PM, ThermalGPS said:

No this game is trying to be realistic

hardcore and realistic lol

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 22-21-12 Escape from Tarkov official page.png

Edited by Skaldy
My body is ready for moderation 3rd time
  • Hot 1

The game is far from realistic in terms of bullets and meds, but its as close as it can get to having a sense of realism. I do agree the ammo needs to be reworked, most of these armors/rigs would not take that many bullets but if you land that juicy head eyes like everyone seems to do anyways you'll be fine. 

The way I describe realism in this game is through the firefights.  The ballistics, audio, lighting, meds all need work, but sometimes those firefights feel so awesome.  They do plan on making lots of changes according to their road map.  Time will tell.

Here's a thing people tend to forget. If you don't have an appeal to a 'casual audience' no game will experience any degree of success. If only the 'yoloSWAG420blazeit' style of gamer played this game, there might be 1000 people who play. I sincerely doubt that most people who play this game are even close to the hardcore kind of gamer. I might give it a charitable 30% at best. Most others? They saw a shiny shooter with arguably decent mechanics and can't find anything else like it, because the only shooters we get these days are buggy ass Battlefield games, and CoD.

Its simple business. A game will NEED to have some degree of ease of access and continued play for a casual base, or it will crash and burn. The way this game seems to be going of late, we will be lucky if it releases in the next 5 years. Years between map releases, and almost no new content outside of wipes, which arguably isn't even 'content'. It just arbitrarily resets your progress and makes you go through the same frustrating scavenger hunt over and over again, with a gameplay loop that is actually starting to get LESS fun the more things they mess with. Such as recoil making every gun you don't pour over 200k into so ludicrous with its recoil that its barely usable. Dont know if anyone at BSG is ever actually fired a gun, but real guns, do not have extremely spastic recoil patterns that will have you aiming at the ceiling after the first 4 shots.

4 hours ago, Kraegan said:

Here's a thing people tend to forget. If you don't have an appeal to a 'casual audience' no game will experience any degree of success. If only the 'yoloSWAG420blazeit' style of gamer played this game, there might be 1000 people who play. I sincerely doubt that most people who play this game are even close to the hardcore kind of gamer. I might give it a charitable 30% at best. Most others? They saw a shiny shooter with arguably decent mechanics and can't find anything else like it, because the only shooters we get these days are buggy ass Battlefield games, and CoD.

Its simple business. A game will NEED to have some degree of ease of access and continued play for a casual base, or it will crash and burn. The way this game seems to be going of late, we will be lucky if it releases in the next 5 years. Years between map releases, and almost no new content outside of wipes, which arguably isn't even 'content'. It just arbitrarily resets your progress and makes you go through the same frustrating scavenger hunt over and over again, with a gameplay loop that is actually starting to get LESS fun the more things they mess with. Such as recoil making every gun you don't pour over 200k into so ludicrous with its recoil that its barely usable. Dont know if anyone at BSG is ever actually fired a gun, but real guns, do not have extremely spastic recoil patterns that will have you aiming at the ceiling after the first 4 shots.

I see them shooting weapons all the time which is making the "realistic" weapons disappointing. They act like our PMC "Operators" never fired a weapon or even ran before but I guess that's where the mmo aspect of the game comes in play. Just sucks feeling like I'm playing a dude who got recruited into the PMC life straight from ebay.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb SpartanCam:

but its as close as it can get to having a sense of realism.

Sorry but I can’t agree on that. A fully grown man (PMC) in EFT deals with recoil like an 8 years old child. Next to that this game has massive parallax issues which derive from a bug.

Games like Ground Branch outperform EFT by far in terms of the actual representation of shooting. Simply by being “more realistic” while maintaining the status of a very, very playable gaming experience.

Am 22.1.2022 um 11:49 schrieb ThermalGPS:

No this game is trying to be realistic

While I love this game, I can not agree on the standpoint that it even tries to achieve realism or hardcore gameplay.

Over the years this game became much more bullet spongy than it was when it was initially publicly released. Back then you got 1-2 shots on your naked torso and you been dead, no matter what the caliber was. Arms back then didn’t work as an effective first line of defense and almost every armor was a class lower.

BSG often introduced changes to the game because streamers been upset with the hardcore aspects of it. This is one reason why Armor by now isn’t even remotely close to be realistic while all ammunition horribly underperforms.

I don’t know why one could even assume that they still aiming for a hardcore realism shooter when they introduce stuff like Santa Claus, or buff Scav bosses so hard that they can tank more than 1 rifle caliber headshot (dead center hits) on their naked head. Tagilla is another topic on its own. A dude, that can see perfectly through a welding mask in a pitch black factory at night while hammering you to death. Ever had a look through a welding mask? And guess how bulletproof such a mask is and tell me how realistic your chances are against an assault rifle while you are equipped with a hammer. Would you bet your life on it?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not claiming that EFT is a pure mess, because its not. Its atmosphere is still thick as hell but the gameplay is on a Slavic meme side of things instead of being hardcore or realistic.

The assumption that this game is realistic or trying to be realistic indicates that you have no sense for reality.

• Thanks 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SpartanCam said:

I see them shooting weapons all the time which is making the "realistic" weapons disappointing. They act like our PMC "Operators" never fired a weapon or even ran before but I guess that's where the mmo aspect of the game comes in play. Just sucks feeling like I'm playing a dude who got recruited into the PMC life straight from ebay.

This is one of the few reasons why i think they should remove the initial PMC choice, put everyone into shoes of some scav or civ, let the people ride it out, first 15 lvls(BECAUSE ALL GEAR IS CAPPED FOR 15 LOL) then hitting 15th level they can introduce our chars to some PMC dudes who want to recruit our said chars because during first 15 levels we did sum good job with quests and such lol. And like Jaeger quests, they can just dump on us some quests to earn beginner/trained level of SOME gun skills. I dont even need to say they need to separate these starter servers from already PMC dudes, there you go i just fixed few problems for EFT devs

I mean it just makes sense with all this Scav players, Scav lucky box and scav rep in general. It is like you kept your contacts from your old life style but still have rep to maintain, in return you get to reap the rewards OR just go full genocide on scavs and dont get access to scav char or scav box in general lol.

Honestly they should just add PMCs as AI too.  Because kill  X PMC on Y map from Z meters and similar quests are just a pile of mess and it is even worse when said quests specify certain faction of PMCs. It is like everytime i need to kill USEC i have to change my servers to EUROPE or worse, literally playing on Russian servers are just thick with BEAR dudes.

Edited by Skaldy
  • Upvote 2

On 1/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, ThermalGPS said:

Why don't we add sudden death by shock for everyone between lvl 1-10 ? it should be realistic, or idk add a system to piss yoself in a corner ? 

ahh we had this back in the day. Original leg meta. Buckshot 8 projectiles. Hiting black out limb couple of times and the chance to die from shock triggered. Good old leg mega. ❤️ 

• Hot 1

I struggled to read the OP's posts but all I can think of is they missed most of the shots.

Happens to all of us sometimes, they'll learn I guess or give up.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb sYs:

ahh we had this back in the day. Original leg meta. Buckshot 8 projectiles. Hiting black out limb couple of times and the chance to die from shock triggered. Good old leg mega. ❤️ 

Good times indeed.

I wasn´t a fan of leg meta but also never felt that it was a problem back then. In the days of leg meta you’ve been dead with 2-3 hits anyways so when they nerfed it didn’t change that much since armors haven’t been as OP as they are now. You didn’t just get wrecked within seconds when just your arm was exposed but it wasn’t like you could get insta-legged anyways (before and after the nerf).

I honestly miss these old times since the damage system didn’t have as much bugs as it has now. Yes, armor was rare so fast deaths almost been guaranteed but it felt more hardcore than it does now when it boils down to “which turtle has the bigger shell”. Affordable and very effective AP rounds been around and the meta was totally harmless compared to what it is now. Back then when you been poor you used shotguns or SMGs to go for the legs when facing a Giga-Chad and you had a chance. Today Meta-Gaming is super rare rounds, in combination with a super low-recoil build spamming tons of lead onto your target.

Bigger grind, less skill based.

Kinda fails when it comes to a hardcore game promise. Since hardcore games punish you hard when you made a mistake on a tactical basis. Back then with leg meta they did. Pass a Makarov camper and you may get killed by him if he had skill. Today you are able to turn around slowly, tank a few hits to your face shield and knife that guy.

For example, I had two encounters where I just knifed low-levels while I was wearing level 6 armor. They magdumped me twice and I stabbed them more than once. That is the very definition of meme-gameplay. And not realistic.

Edited by Himmuguegeli
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Himmuguegeli said:

Good times indeed.

I wasn´t a fan of leg meta but also never felt that it was a problem back then. In the days of leg meta you’ve been dead with 2-3 hits anyways so when they nerfed it didn’t change that much since armors haven’t been as OP as they are now. You didn’t just get wrecked within seconds when just your arm was exposed but it wasn’t like you could get insta-legged anyways (before and after the nerf).

I disagree. First time i quit this game roughly 4 years ago because armor was OP. I remember me and 2 other guys in woods map, dumped 3 mags in a dude who was crouching on corner with his fast helmet(with visor) and heaviest armor of this time was FORT armor or something(and Skier used to ask from you said armor as a BEGINNER quest) and leg meta was real during this time( plus hatchet runs). I mean people here literally argued about how it was real because armor lul bounces back bullets and cannot be penetrated, i even argued with a guy who claimed he was marine in Iraq and kept posting youtube videos of how armor work(which is not real no one is going to show you how their products dont work). Of course i got banned(moderated but it is ban tbh when your posts are not approved) on forums for criticizing dev-mod actions.

47 minutes ago, Himmuguegeli said:

I honestly miss these old times since the damage system didn’t have as much bugs as it has now. Yes, armor was rare so fast deaths almost been guaranteed but it felt more hardcore than it does now when it boils down to “which turtle has the bigger shell”. Affordable and very effective AP rounds been around and the meta was totally harmless compared to what it is now. Back then when you been poor you used shotguns or SMGs to go for the legs when facing a Giga-Chad and you had a chance. Today Meta-Gaming is super rare rounds, in combination with a super low-recoil build spamming tons of lead onto your target.

I agree i miss these times too. Gave us a fighting chance against gear giga-chads. I really dont like what they are doing with damage, i mean bullet? reallllly? gun barrel length, muzzle velocity is equally important tbh, not to mention rifling is different for each country and respective guns.

50 minutes ago, Himmuguegeli said:

Kinda fails when it comes to a hardcore game promise. Since hardcore games punish you hard when you made a mistake on a tactical basis. Back then with leg meta they did. Pass a Makarov camper and you may get killed by him if he had skill. Today you are able to turn around slowly, tank a few hits to your face shield and knife that guy.

For example, I had two encounters where I just knifed low-levels while I was wearing level 6 armor. They magdumped me twice and I stabbed them more than once. That is the very definition of meme-gameplay. And not realistic.

lol i think i am one of those guys)

• Hot 1