Unplayable frame rates / Extreme stuttering

sanwij

I've had the game running at 50-80 fps for over a year and a half at this point, but in the past week or so the game has had unreal frame drops. It happens in offline too, but not as bad. It takes about 3 minutes, after loading in, for my game to stop running  at less than 1 fps to anywhere from 15-60, with frame drops. The game is simply put; unplayable. 

I'm not sure of the cause of this but I have tried changing resolution + graphical settings, messing with some NVIDIA Control Panel settings, made sure Ram Cleaner and the CPU option (I believe) is on and reinstalled the game, with no luck. I did first try searching online for a resolution, of course to no avail, and then wrote to BSG's email, with no response. So I have resorted to the forum. 

My PC specs (If need be):

GTX 970  -  i5-10400f  -  2x8gb RAM (2666Mhz)  -  Game is installed on an NVMe drive.

18 hours ago, butt_spreader said:

i have the exact same specs as you and i have the exact same issue as you. hopefully it will be fixed soon hey.

Hopefully! After looking through the forum it seems to be quite common and no resolution in sight, too. 

Just had the same thing happen-- got shot, flinched, the game stutter froze, and I came back to my body falling down a mountain.

I mean its been like 8 years, maybe by the time my kids are in college this game will function properly.

I doubt it though.

3 hours ago, Scoutsout777 said:

Just had the same thing happen-- got shot, flinched, the game stutter froze, and I came back to my body falling down a mountain.

I mean its been like 8 years, maybe by the time my kids are in college this game will function properly.

I doubt it though.

Thing is it was working well before the update, Now it's just dog poo.

Same. 90% RAM usage and stuttering like crazy. Have 16GB RAM rx580 Ryzen 5 2600. Game has been fine but recently the stuttering is making it unplayable. I raised a ticket with support and encourage others with the problem to do the same and maybe they will investigate.