i have been having a not-so-good time running tarkov lately specs below

PapaKillaKeef

forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, i'm running on 2 hours of sleep.  my specs: Intel i7-10750h, Rtx 3060 75 watt version with 6gb vram, 32gb of ddr4-2666, windows 11 latest, ive tried running the game with Automatic ram cleaner off,  i always try to have nothing running besides tarkov, corsair ICUE (for my mouse), wallpaper engine (desktop), steelseries GG (laptop keyboard), and thats all i have running. the game was running somewhat fine before, but now its almost unplayable. ive tinkered with it to get it to stop stuttering and the frame drops to stop, i've reinstalled many times, my temps are under 65 degrees for cpu and gpu.  i've tried alot.  haven't had any luck yet. i am monitoring my temps, and gpu & cpu clock speeds, and i think my gpu speed is fluctuating alot, my cpu speed is fine. my cpu runs too hot, like 98 degrees hot, i have repasted twice, tried a laptop cooler, im in a basement so its not the warmest place. so i have to turn turbo boost off. at the moment i am using throttlestop to lower my cpu speed to 3.6ghz below the max 4.9ghz or so. lowering the cpu speed is working quite well for some games.  if anyone has any suggestions on what i could try, i'm all ears.

any help is greatly appreciated! i really want to play tarkov but the stuttering is almost unbearable. thank you so so much in advance 🙂

You're not alone dude. There's multiple posts and lots of people with stuttering issues at the moment. Even streamers with monster PC's. Its deffo an issue with the game not you. I would still raise a ticket with support though, the more people that log the same issue the more likely they will investigate.

I am running with the same issues, try to restart the game once in a while whenever you're playing long sessions, kinda helps.

Try increasing the windows swap file. Feels like it's a must when playing Tarkov, even with 32gb ram and 11gb vram, wich im sitting on. No guarantees but it helped me getting a smoother game.

can you test your rig on night raids? on map bigger than factory. You can clearly see if it is hardware issue or server issue for you. For me night raids with low player population is so smooth i cant play day light anymore lol

Edited by Skaldy

Alright so I have reached a compromise that others might not enjoy but, from a stability standpoint, it works for me at least.

I like to play on the Woods map a lot and with all low settings (with or without Mip Streaming - makes no difference) I got a variation between 45 and 80 fps. It seems like my biggest culprits are a combination of bad sunlight, bloom and shadow implementation which take me down to about 50 - 56 fps. When there is a cloudy sky my game runs stable sometimes at 90 fps.

The other problem that takes me down to the minimum of 45fps is using an x6 magnification scope, which renders both the image around and inside the scope at 2 times. Rendering the game in the options at 0.5 scale first of all looks horrible and second of all makes no difference in fps gain or loss when scoped in with my sniper rifle.

Because the game would have to jump between 80 to 40 fps and then back again (whether by scoping in or just because it decided to be sunny out) my game would heavily stutter while my PC attempts to adjust the image.

What I ended up doing (after weeks of tweaking and tinkering both with overclocking, under-volting, in-game and driver display settings etc.) was to move the in-game fps slider to my minimum scoped in fps value of 45. It didn't even take too long to adjust to it, maybe 10 to 15 minutes. I know for some of you it might sound like I've just stabbed Jesus in the back on our way to extract, but if I do happen to lose frames now, which would be just 2 or 3 fps when scoped, it's way easier to adjust to the new frames AND my PC doesn't have to scramble to fill 40-50fps gaps every 20 to 30 seconds, plus my encounters with scavs and PMCs go smoother at closer ranges now with no more stutters when we shoot eachother (poorly I might add :D). 

And now I can turn up my render scaling to x1, turn up anti-aliasing to TAA High and have the game look good AND lose maximum 3 frames without even noticing or ruining my experience.

My recommendations would be:

-Search the net on how to disable full-screen optimizations and High-DPI settings

-Watch this video about Project Lasso for your processor problems, maybe it will help: 

• Upvote 1

sorry guys, have been checking the forums but seemed to be unable to see messages. just seeing them now. swap file is paging file right? if so, i have high page file set already. i actually tried process lasso, didn't really help, and interfered i think with a few of my other games. i honestly bought the game and never really got to play it because of the terrible stuttering and missing shots. played maybe a few hours total. i really hope they add DLSS for sure, hopefully it will make a difference, or at least make it more playable. even when the game was running ok at first when i bought it, it was about 30-40 fps, but honestly no stuttering. i might just wait until a few updates pass...probably when DLSS gets added i will come back.  thank you all for the replies, and hope ya'll have a good night 🙂

• Like 1