Kappa underwhelming

SkyRipper

I don't know about you but getting Kappa is so underwhelming after working so hard to get it. Keep Kappa but add in some other end tasks (prob some mid tasks as well) for things like rare guns, camos etc.

Not everyone gets to kappa and I understand that but imagine killing someone that has made it that far and there running around with a Anzio 20mm, AA12 shotgun or even just a camo gun.

If you have found your first red keycard or killed someone with T-7 thermals you'll know what im talking about.

Obviously there are more important things like fixing bugs, sound, better servers.

But still number 1 game....

Thoughts...

• Like 1

I feel that current tasks based around end-game is just filler for those of us who love the game. I'm right there with you, number 1 game as well.  The content is there so that we have something to keep us motivated while we try out all the features we can.  This is still a beta and most definitely missing a few maps still, and many more promised features.

• Like 1

by the time you get kappa . you are done playing the game/ and people i see using kappa have 100 mill roubles and the put items worth 10k roubles in the kappa. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Kappa literally has no purpose. By the time you get it, you have done everything and have more money than you know what to do with.

I have zero desire to push for that. Maybe if the game stops wiping but until then, it is just a lot of grinding for nothing.

• Like 2

I've never had the time to worry about getting kappa before a wipe, but if the wipe didn't exist it would be a nice long term thing to work towards.

If the game doesn't wipe, would people still majorly rush to get it? Probably.

Plus there is no reason they can't add some uniforms as rewards for other long term efforts instead of spending 5 million with ragman for them.

• Like 1

@Fly_Guy8791 What reward would make you wanna push main task completion if kappa was to be replaced?

@Vodar Yes uniforms and even camos would make great rewards - wheres our ghillie suit at.

Should kappa be removed or replaced?

Quests need a over hall too, some are just stupid and make no sense, there more like filler tasks.

8 hours ago, SkyRipper said:

What reward would make you wanna push main task completion if kappa was to be replaced?

Yes uniforms and even camos would make great rewards - wheres our ghillie suit at.

Quests need a over hall too, some are just stupid and make no sense, there more like filler tasks.

They ARE filler tasks my dude, its a game in beta. We bought this game to help its development, end game content serves no other purpose but to get us to test each patch out a bit more.

At least for the current time, i understand that release isn't unforeseeable anymore.  Rumors have started over a full release but I'll believe that when all the maps are available myself.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SkyRipper said:

Yes, it should be removed and/or replaced. Kappa serves no purpose. I don't know what it should be but something different is needed as motivator.

And task feel like filler because there was minimal thought put into them. Don't let the "iTz A bEtA" crowd fool you these task have lore associated with them. They are not filler.

(BTW the developers don't treat this game like a beta, they are focused on adding content not fixing bug all while SELLING ACCESS TO PLAY THE GAME. The game is functionally released)

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon
  • Upvote 1

There def needs to be some work on the tasks, but I gotta be honest, I really, really like that tasks in this game are often tied to specific goals using specific weapons or techniques, although yeah, there is a lot of room for improvement or better integration with lore.

Most games with tasks feel like random grinding after a short time, but most Tarkov tasks are pretty fun.  It's easy to make money in this game and buy good gear so who's going to want to run around with a crap weapon if they don't have to.  One might never fire a shot through a ppsh or whatever otherwise.

Then again I kinda suck and have zero interest running around with narc'd up chad bullet sponges.  I'd rather they lean into the RPG aspect now that most of the FPS aspect is pretty tight; like maybe restricting some raids to, say, certain sets of weapons and armour to get in.  Or raids where you don't have anything and have to scavenge what you can find while trying to complete a task.  Just as an addition to the regular raid structure.