Events like these kill the game

effektx932

It is end of the wipe. Everyone wants to just use everything left in their stash, blow all their money and enjoy the game.

Here is why this event makes zero sense.

1. I am now unable to use any of the guns in my stash as I like most remove the pistol grips to make space in my stash. When I go to use the gun I buy the corresponding pistol grip. So all the guns in my stash are useless.

2. I do not keep tactical rigs because it takes up space and is cheap to buy. I do not keep a stash of headsets, or masks. So again most of my armor is useless without any spots to put mags. 

What this does is force you to go loot for these things. Running scavs or PMCs to grind for gear we shouldnt be needing to grind for at the end of the wipe. We are all about to have our accounts RESET meaning we are going to have to grind out all the same quests and raids once again. The last thing I feel like doing right before a new wipe is grinding for gear. This should be the time to enjoy our gear and go out with a bang.

All this event does is make me not want to play the game. I do not see how that makes sense as an end of the wipe event. Anyways just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, effektx932 said:

It is end of the wipe. Everyone wants to just use everything left in their stash, blow all their money and enjoy the game.

1. I am now unable to use any of the guns in my stash as I like most remove the pistol grips to make space in my stash. When I go to use the gun I buy the corresponding pistol grip. So all the guns in my stash are useless.

2. I do not keep tactical rigs because it takes up space and is cheap to buy. I do not keep a stash of headsets, or masks. So again most of my armor is useless without any spots to put mags. 

What this does is force you to go loot for these things. Running scavs or PMCs to grind for gear we shouldnt be needing to grind for at the end of the wipe. We are all about to have our accounts RESET meaning we are going to have to grind out all the same quests and raids once again. The last thing I feel like doing right before a new wipe is grinding for gear. This should be the time to enjoy our gear and go out with a bang.

All this event does is make me not want to play the game. I do not see how that makes sense as an end of the wipe event. Anyways just my opinion.

You are doing it wrong then.

1. Don't sell your pistol grips. You are getting several slots back for removing them, just keep them. They only take 1 slot, you are still gaining space.

2. Don't sell rigs. At worst they don't take up any space because they hold as many slots as they take up, and 99% of them actually give you free storage space where you can keep other things not in use (like those pistol grips).

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, effektx932 said:

No one told you to abuse the exploitable mechanics of the game by removing grips... that was your decision. Also, tarkov is kinda set in a poverty stricken landscape, so having kits for days isn't really the lore of tarkov either... Also if you want to horde, horde like me :) just stash all your parts neatly in weapons cases inside multiple thick item cases. I have weapons for days even without having to buy or barter for items. ezpeezy

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DissAbledGamer said:

No one told you to abuse the exploitable mechanics of the game by removing grips... that was your decision. Also, tarkov is kinda set in a poverty stricken landscape, so having kits for days isn't really the lore of tarkov either... Also if you want to horde, horde like me :) just stash all your parts neatly in weapons cases inside multiple thick item cases. I have weapons for days even without having to buy or barter for items. ezpeezy

Abuse exploitable mechanics...what are you talking about. You take off one part of the gun and it gives you more room. Thats not abusing anything. That is using the game the way it was designed. Its not an exploit. I also have weapons for days...just without pistol grips which is dumb.

10 minutes ago, effektx932 said:

I have weapons for days...just without pistol grips which is dumb.

Agreed. It is dumb to sell vital parts, even more so when they take up less space than you gain by removing them.

Good luck, you may as well just turn them all in to traders now and use to money to try to find something from fence.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

You are doing it wrong then.

1. Don't sell your pistol grips. You are getting several slots back for removing them, just keep them. They only take 1 slot, you are still gaining space.

2. Don't sell rigs. At worst they don't take up any space because they hold as many slots as they take up, and 99% of them actually give you free storage space where you can keep other things not in use (like those pistol grips).

I do not think you get enough stuff to tell people they are doing it wrong.

I have 5 T H I C C items cases. 

1 full of Weapon Cases all full with weapons single stacked without pistol grips

2 full of slicks and rys-t/altyn

1 full of AACPC rigs with ammo boxes surrounding 

1 full of a mix of slick/AACPC rights extra helmets etc

I might be OCD, but I do not like a messy stash so everything is extremely organized and weapon parts just do not look organized at all. Regardless taking away the means to buy them after we all spent quite some time grinding to have that available to me is dumb and takes away from what is meant to be fun end of wipe. 

If you want to do something like this do it in the middle of the wipe....end of the wipe makes zero sense to me.

I PvP a lot and if I try to horde everything I just do not have enough space for all the gear I get off players...so I keep what is expensive to replace. Pistol grips are not expensive to replace. 

Edited by effektx932

2 minutes ago, effektx932 said:

1 full of Weapon Cases all full with weapons single stacked without pistol grips

I might be OCD, but I do not like a messy stash so everything is extremely organized and weapon parts just do not look organized at all. Regardless taking away the means to buy them after we all spent quite some time grinding to have that available to me is dumb and takes away from what is meant to be fun end of wipe. 

If you want to do something like this do it in the middle of the wipe....end of the wipe makes zero sense to me.

So organize the weapon parts in the stash.

Trying to flex? Nobody cares how much useless junk you have. I am also not defending this event. I find it boring a pointless. Maybe if they had some kind of lore reason to do it, or did ANYTHING that wasn't just another "mess with the economy" event.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon

vor 2 Stunden schrieb effektx932:

..., blow all their money ...

Fun fact, BSG alwas had at the last day a 99% cheaper event, everything free for all. That really means, 99%... So any gear set with the cost of 1 million rubel would just cost 100 rubel or so.

6 minutes ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

Fun fact, BSG alwas had at the last day a 99% cheaper event, everything free for all. That really means, 99%... So any gear set with the cost of 1 million rubel would just cost 100 rubel or so.

I realize...this is obviously not my first wipe. I think this specific event is dumb. So I used the forums to express an opinion on this event. 

9 minutes ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

So organize the weapon parts in the stash.

Trying to flex? Nobody cares how much useless junk you have. I am also not defending this event. I find it boring a pointless. Maybe if they had some kind of lore reason to do it, or did ANYTHING that wasn't just another "mess with the economy" event.

That wasn't a flex. You decided to call my decisions dumb so I defended that decision. I explained the issue. You have choice between selling a slick or a weapon part. You sell the weapon parts. 

Just keep telling people how dumb they are and how nobody cares about their comments. Maybe just don't speak since you are adding zero value to this discussion. This event makes the game more annoying at the end of the wipe. It makes no sense. Pretty simple. I do not need you to explain how I need to organize my stash. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb effektx932:

I realize...this is obviously not my first wipe. I think this specific event is dumb. So I used the forums to express an opinion on this event. 

They had once an event, which closed he SC in-Raid. Anything you looted in Raid must be in the backpack or rig and it could never be secured.

Sadly, i wanted this for the game itself and not just for the Pre-Wipe.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, effektx932 said:

That wasn't a flex. You decided to call my decisions dumb so I defended that decision. I explained the issue. You have choice between selling a slick or a weapon part. You sell the weapon parts. 

Just keep telling people how dumb they are and how nobody cares about their comments. Maybe just don't speak since you are adding zero value to this discussion. This event makes the game more annoying at the end of the wipe. It makes no sense. Pretty simple. I do not need you to explain how I need to organize my stash. 

I provided you a solution. You don't want to listen? Fine, that's on you. And yeah you where trying to flex. Flexing by saying "I have more trash than you" is exactly what you where doing.

Here is another tip (because you seem to need it):

If your stash is filling up so much you have to strip guns just to fit them... Just sell some. You don't need to keep 50 unusable guns in your stash.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon

13 minutes ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

I provided you a solution. You don't want to listen? Fine, that's on you. And yeah you where trying to flex. Flexing by saying "I have more trash than you" is exactly what you where doing.

Here is another tip (because you seem to need it):

If your stash is filling up so much you have to strip guns just to fit them... Just sell some. You don't need to keep 50 unusable guns in your stash.

Your solution was explaining to sell a 300-500k meta gun, or meta armor instead of cheap weapon parts. That is not a solution. 

I do not need tips and I do not need someone who thinks they are so smart they need to talk down to others. That is just ignorant, annoying and rude. So just stop.

• Sad 2

Just now, effektx932 said:

Your solution was explaining to sell a 300-500k meta gun, or meta armor instead of cheap weapon parts. That is not a solution. 

I do not need tips and I do not need someone who thinks they are so smart they need to talk down to others. That is just ignorant, annoying and rude. So just stop.

I wasn't the one saying "I'm better than you". And yes clearing out storage space by selling weapons you don't need is a solution.

Here let me give you what you really wanted when you started the thread:

This event is awful because it directly targets "real" players who are the best at the game. Everyone knows the only proper way to play is doing everything possible to min-max storage space. Having any kind of safety net for weapons is for noobs.

For the record I also dislike this event. Because it is just another "Flush the economy down the toilet" event. Nothing creative or lore based, nothing meaningful or exciting.

3 minutes ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

I wasn't the one saying "I'm better than you". And yes clearing out storage space by selling weapons you don't need is a solution.

Here let me give you what you really wanted when you started the thread:

This event is awful because it directly targets "real" players who are the best at the game. Everyone knows the only proper way to play is doing everything possible to min-max storage space. Having any kind of safety net for weapons is for noobs.

This conversation is completely a waste of everyone's time....mine included. 

2 minutes ago, effektx932 said:

This conversation is completely a waste of everyone's time....mine included. 

Feel free to stop at anytime then.

Good luck out there.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon

This is the second time they kind of closed the traders. I was f...ed by this the first time, this time I learned from that and at least kept some pistolgrips and magazines for my weapons. Better do so, too, they will do it again and that's ok.

• Upvote 1

I like that BSG gives people the finger sometimes.

Game will not die. All the people who are angry right now will be back at wipe. Playing like they always do.

I think it is good that BSG are not too predictable with this stuff.  Just loot around a bit and see what you can work with and if you want to play war tourist with lots of bling bling, then take a break because you clearly prepared yourself wrong :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoktorMurdok said:

This is the second time they kind of closed the traders. I was f...ed by this the first time, this time I learned from that and at least kept some pistolgrips and magazines for my weapons. Better do so, too, they will do it again and that's ok.

Is it ok? Why is it ok?

Are events in the game not supposed to add something to the game. Pull in interesting game play. Not make the game more grindy for no reason what so ever.

As an example a fun event would be you could only bring in sniper rifles...or pistols. It would force players to try a different gun they might not be used to. Sometimes you want to run pistols, but you run into a slick altyn with a meta mutant. Would be nice if you knew everyone had a pistol.

This would be fun and entertaining without adding more grind to the game.

All the bosses on customs...great example and fun event. All scavs are raiders on a certain map...also fun....but make it so the only way to get headphones is to go scav hunting unless you want to wait 20 minutes to be able to buy one headset on the flee for 300k....not my idea of fun.

1 hour ago, Blowfeld81 said:

Game will not die. All the people who are angry right now will be back at wipe. Playing like they always do.

I think it is good that BSG are not too predictable with this stuff.  Just loot around a bit and see what you can work with and if you want to play war tourist with lots of bling bling, then take a break because you clearly prepared yourself wrong :)

Well said.

Anyone with any real experience here knows to keep needed equipment. BSG has a habit of shutting down access to items.

4 hours ago, effektx932 said:

I PvP a lot and if I try to horde everything I just do not have enough space for all the gear I get off players...so I keep what is expensive to replace. Pistol grips are not expensive to replace. 

WOW COOL, and i have maybe 5-6 guns + some armors/rigs since there is no need to have more, i sell each extra gun/armor etc.

But you are telling me that you need 5 T H I C C item cases filled with guns/armors and that's still not enough for you and you need to remove pistol grips? 

DAMN.

ANd now you blame BSG that they made something diffrent with pre-wipe event not standard poo? 
You know that you are to blame that you are just HOARDING loot within a wipe?

7 hours ago, effektx932 said:

Tell me, for who you speak? Cause from out community on discord (around 5k ppl) no1 is crying like you.

+ thats fun that you wanted to "Use everything" from your stash, meanwhile you would need like at least x weeks to burn all your stash, unless you are super bad in game.

1 hour ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

Anyone with any real experience here knows to keep needed equipment.

Anyway, imagine keeping around 70+ gear sets (weapon/rig/armor/helmet) in your stash and be greedy by removing pistol grips, because for sure you will need all of those gear sets :D.
Meanwhile for normal/good players you can just keep 5 sets and thats more than enough, no need to HOARD items like that guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Anyway, imagine keeping around 70+ gear sets (weapon/rig/armor/helmet) in your stash and be greedy by removing pistol grips, because for sure you will need all of those gear sets :D.
Meanwhile for normal/good players you can just keep 5 sets and thats more than enough, no need to HOARD items like that guy.

Hell, I have cases full of guns. Rigs stuffed with parts and optics. My stash is stuffed full of gear even with stacking backpacks and containers. I have more guns in there than I can guess. Has to be several dozen.

BUT

Every single one of them is ready to go. Just drop it onto my PMC and go.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon
  • Upvote 1

@op there are plenty of grips to buy from fence they even come with a free gun so stop crying like a 5 year old and maybe next time dont sell vital parts of guns, maybe use 1 of those suposed THICC item cases to store pistol grips that way.

Tarkov events are not always meant to be going your way, meaning that sometimes you will have events that are positive and events that will be negative. Just a reminder again that you are playing Tarkov, not Call of duty where every singular event is all fun and rainbows. 

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 2