Are macros bannable?

autixm

I have seen many streamers using macros that opens multiple backpacks fast or you could just hover your cursor over items and it would loot them fast. Some people say that macros are bannable but some say that you can't get banned for using macros. Are macros actually bannable or no?

1 hour ago, autixm said:

Are macros actually bannable or no?

Yes. And if it does anything like what you are describing then it is cheating.

Cheating yet immposible  to find out  ,unless ur streaming it lol .So streamers are banned or still going on ? Well there are macrofriendly keyboard/mouse    for rpgs -  nobody will ever know ur using it, or ur doing something  wrong .Or how can anyone find out...?

Edited by Czecher

1 hour ago, autixm said:

I have seen many streamers using macros that opens multiple backpacks fast or you could just hover your cursor over items and it would loot them fast. Some people say that macros are bannable but some say that you can't get banned for using macros. Are macros actually bannable or no?

Yap it is. They maded it official in a post a few time ago. Macros is equal a other cheating program, because put you in advantage from others.

Ty for the answers. Just weird that so many streamers that i watch are using macros for looting. I also haven't heard anyone getting actually banned for macros, but im not risking my account to get a faster looting.

• Like 1

Skillprogress of each PMC and the on skill can result into things, that looks like macro´s. But if these there real, than it´s nothing else than cheating.

Remember, that some here have more than 5k h into this game.

14 hours ago, autixm said:

Good possibility with what you are seeing, simple explanations. CTRL Clicking an item instantly loots to your character, ALT Clicking instant equips items. Stacked backpacks can be opened quickly in your stash by just spam clicking, double click opens them. I think you are likely just seeing people that know how to use the in game functions as intended. You never have to right click > open and you pretty much never have to click and drag anything in game. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, syknus said:

Good possibility with what you are seeing, simple explanations. CTRL Clicking an item instantly loots to your character, ALT Clicking instant equips items. Stacked backpacks can be opened quickly in your stash by just spam clicking, double click opens them. I think you are likely just seeing people that know how to use the in game functions as intended. You never have to right click > open and you pretty much never have to click and drag anything in game. 

Well here is a clip of some streamer using a macro. Pretty sure that that isn't  just ctrl clicking. https://gyazo.com/18c06c69f42e321215f219a35134597e

Edited by autixm

I do not think it is detectable if you use an auto-clicker with variable timing between clicks. In my opinion however it should be considered cheating/bannable.

20 minutes ago, Vodor said:

That's just ctrl+clicking.

That's some insane clicking speed tho. I'm more leaning towards auto-clicker.

4 hours ago, Slava_Ukrainii said:

That's some insane clicking speed tho. I'm more leaning towards auto-clicker.

It is pretty mad, I used to do stuff like that back in my youth, its the reason my bones are so screwed now :D 

Plus the age old mouse software where you can bind the mouse wheel as a click - etc. common place in games over the years.