0.12.12.30 Head Bobbing is horrible.

colonpuncher

There is a new side to side head bob even when Head Bobbing is turned all the way down. Anyone else having this trigger motion sickness? Any way to disable it?

Edited by colonpuncher
  • Like 1

Eugh, I've yet to play but I get motion sick too. This could be an issue.

I guess, if it's not a bug, then it's the new turning/inertia thing they put in?

Posted (edited)

Feels like it might be a bug - I don't see any different when changing Head Bobbing to 1 or 0.2. 

Edited by colonpuncher

I'm not a fan. Not getting sick but feel like I'm almost starting to which is unpleasant. They are going to have to offer an option to turn this off as I so no real benefit from it. The game is so far from being realistic I don't think they need this head sway to make this game feel realistic. 

Also not a fan.  I play with several players that are having motion sickness issues with this change. 

1 hour ago, gkcx2002 said:

I'm not a fan. Not getting sick but feel like I'm almost starting to which is unpleasant. They are going to have to offer an option to turn this off as I so no real benefit from it. The game is so far from being realistic I don't think they need this head sway to make this game feel realistic. 

People get motion sickness because it isn't realistic.

The head bobs around like your PMC is a drunk toddler.

• Hot 2

I tried it and see what you mean, it didn't really affect me as I only noticed when sprinting, which isn't often.

Though I'd rather it really wasn't there - guess that's part of beta stage feedback.

Right now the pmc feels a bit like a untrained fat person who is drunk.

And to be honest nobody really cares how the pmc moves with different guns. But maybe it's just me...

Edited by wernonwar

I feel like this might be a bug - I've noticed there is no longer any difference between using "Head Bobbing = 1" or "Head Bobbing = 0.2" in the in game settings.

It’s terrible. The head bob is giving me light motion sickness. The body to head wobble also reminds me of what ducks look like when they run. Giant bodies wagging sideways under a tiny head. Man, I really, really hate it. 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:10 PM, colonpuncher said:

There is a new side to side head bob even when Head Bobbing is turned all the way down. Anyone else having this trigger motion sickness? Any way to disable it?

You're not supposed to have clear vision while sprinting, try it in real life.

• Sad 1

Really am I the only one enjoying it? I don't like to play games when moving there is this sense you are gliding across ice rather than actually running with equipment. It could be reduced yes but not removed completely. 

1 hour ago, Dewdles said:

Really am I the only one enjoying it? I don't like to play games when moving there is this sense you are gliding across ice rather than actually running with equipment. It could be reduced yes but not removed completely. 

We enjoy the game, don’t get us wrong. It’s just the recent tweaks that cause motion sickness for some. There was always a sense of weight behind the character running before the change.

I'm also getting the light motion sickness. Hopefully they can implement some adjustments or take the camera view back to the 12.12 mechanic.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, lazos said:

dont facepalm me @Fly_Guy8791, leave your dungeon for a change and actually run 20 meters for me, then report back how acute your vision was during that.

ASSumption.

Funny how even when going 6 miles at no point along the way did I develop a bobble head. Hmm...

I know how to "properly" sprint.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sprinting+technique

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon

If the 

On 7/1/2022 at 7:22 AM, lazos said:

dont facepalm me @Fly_Guy8791, leave your dungeon for a change and actually run 20 meters for me, then report back how acute your vision was during that.

If the goal is extreme realism I think we can all agree there are many other key areas to address first - like vaseline letting you sprint on a broken leg or taking two ibuprofen killing you from dehydration in 30 minutes - before adding horrible camera sway that makes some people throw up in real life.

I filed a bug on this because the head bobbing slider no longer has any impact to the setting in game and it used be able to be adjusted down to be less crazy.

On 7/1/2022 at 9:46 AM, Vodor said:

We enjoy the game, don’t get us wrong. It’s just the recent tweaks that cause motion sickness for some. There was always a sense of weight behind the character running before the change.

Agreed - it wasn't a "smooth glide" in 12.12 when head bobbing was turned down before, it had a good bounce. It just didn't feel like watching through a go-pro waggling on a 6 ft pole... 

• Upvote 2

On 7/2/2022 at 11:19 PM, colonpuncher said:

If the goal is extreme realism I think we can all agree there are many other key areas to address first - like vaseline letting you sprint on a broken leg or taking two ibuprofen killing you from dehydration in 30 minutes - before adding horrible camera sway that makes some people throw up in real life.

No, the goal is as realistic as enjoyable.
And when there's an altyn dude with lvl6 armour sprinting around the map 1tapping everyone from sprinting, i think this is a good change.
Get used to it.

I can't play this patch beacuse of this. I never had any issue in a game before. Please fix this. 

• Upvote 1