Scav Karma

Gyallarhorn

Since Scav Karma is pretty meaningless right now, we clearly need some changes that make Scav Karma more effective.

I have two Ideas.

Make it so that whenever you want to do a Scav run, and you have negative reputation with Fence, you have to pay a fee in advance before you can play as a Scav. That fee could either be tied to the amount of Money in your stash or to the reputation you have with Fence. I think it would be best if it's tied to both, so if you run out of gear you can still do Scav Runs and not lock yourself out of the game.

So having -0.01 reputation is much less expensive than having -2.00.

Maybe there could even be a cap to not make it too harsh. Let's say 1% of your roubles for every 0.01 negative Karma with fence but it either maxes out at 20% of the roubles or at a certain value. Let's say 100 000. Of course the really rich players would not really care about 100 000 Roubles. But at least they would have to find really good stuff to make a profit at that point (like paying Fence back for damages they caused to his operations)

Another Idea would be to immediatly punish Scav-Karma loss after a raid. For example Fence could take one random Item from your Scav run or even more. Maybe even tie it to the value of the Item itself so it is not random and make thresholds. -0.01 to -0.99 could lead to the third most valuable Item being taken by Fence, -1.00 to -1.99 the second most valuable Item and with -2.00 or worse you lose the most valuable Item you're exfiltrating with.

What do you think about these Ideas?
What possible problems could the implementation of these bring that I did not think about yet?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb gkcx2002:

First two scav runs I had some idiot player scav kills me. 

Same  here. Scav on Scav killing is back and I hate it. Last wipe it was really nice to see Scavs helping each other out, and now we are back to "kill everything and everybody" no questions asked.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Gyallarhorn:

Since Scav Karma is pretty meaningless right now, we clearly need some changes that make Scav Karma more effective.

I have two Ideas.

Make it so that whenever you want to do a Scav run, and you have negative reputation with Fence, you have to pay a fee in advance before you can play as a Scav. That fee could either be tied to the amount of Money in your stash or to the reputation you have with Fence. I think it would be best if it's tied to both, so if you run out of gear you can still do Scav Runs and not lock yourself out of the game.

So having -0.01 reputation is much less expensive than having -2.00.

Maybe there could even be a cap to not make it too harsh. Let's say 1% of your roubles for every 0.01 negative Karma with fence but it either maxes out at 20% of the roubles or at a certain value. Let's say 100 000. Of course the really rich players would not really care about 100 000 Roubles. But at least they would have to find really good stuff to make a profit at that point (like paying Fence back for damages they caused to his operations)

Another Idea would be to immediatly punish Scav-Karma loss after a raid. For example Fence could take one random Item from your Scav run or even more. Maybe even tie it to the value of the Item itself so it is not random and make thresholds. -0.01 to -0.99 could lead to the third most valuable Item being taken by Fence, -1.00 to -1.99 the second most valuable Item and with -2.00 or worse you lose the most valuable Item you're exfiltrating with.

What do you think about these Ideas?
What possible problems could the implementation of these bring that I did not think about yet?

That sound like a good idea. I would also like to see the cooldown for the next Scav run to be like 8 hours or so because Fence is pissed and won't allow it earlier. 
I really like my Scav runs and in the last wipe Scavs were helping each other out and being sort of a brotherly faction. It was really great and added loads of fun to the game. 
Now its just kill kill kill. 
I hope everybody calmes down a bit in the coming days.

Anything monetary might work in the early game, but when the flea is unlocked and players get higher up money isn't an issue. Even if they have to pay 100k to do a scav run I doubt they would care as I doubt they're doing the scav run for money.

Age old pro vs con seems to end at a stalemate with any idea we manage to put forward.

As for this wipe, I've done a few scav rounds and only met friendly people - there must be something related to regions, similar to the cheating claims appear to be worse on some than others.