Change quest "Capturing Outposts"

brunowbdk

Hi,

This wipe I've just realized that "Capturing Outposts" quest is now required for Kappa.

This change is absolutely frustrating. 4 or 5 wipes, 3500h and I feel this is too much and that's it for me this wipe.

It's different from SBIH, which was known by being the "most difficult quest". That title is now lost to this "Capturing Outposts" quest, imo.
The quest consists in forcing you to stand still for hours and hours, waiting for someone to appear in a very small area, like shoreline pier, for example. In SBIH, we have to adapt our playstyle to manage to complete the quest. Now, this one, we have to, literally, wait for someone to appear, out of pure randomness, for hours and hours, specially in Shoreline pier, since no one goes there unless Sanitar spawns, or they have to do Prapor/Therapist/Skier makers quests. These markers quests are unlocked at the early levels and this quest unlocks at level 42. That means, there will be players at the pier only at early wipe and in a few days, that place will be a completely desert until the next wipe.
I'm currently writing this, while hiding in Shoreline pier, for the 4th time in a row, without seeing anyone whatsoever. It is so frustrating...

It's not something like "the game is hardcore" or "kappa is meant to be hard do get". That's absolutely fine to me. What bothers me is Battlestate to force a quest that is completely based in randomness and it will be impossible to achieve in a few days into the wipe cycle.

My suggestion is:
- Change the pier location to another place or;
- Remove this quest as required for Kappa or;
- Move the pier location to a "Capturing Outposts - part 2", or something like that, alongside other locations, which aren't required for Kappa or;
- Make the quest available at the beginning of the wipe and reduce the amount of kills, that way the we could at least try the pier (try)

- Keep customs scav base and woods medical base, since these are places with a lot of players trough the whole wipe.

I hope I'm not being a "cry baby", as many like to refer to others that complain about anything in this game, and players feel the same as I feel. Please, add more quests, hard quests, make SBIH 150m, I don't care, but keep it doable, out of randomness and achievable during the whole wipe.

Thanks!

image_2022-08-01_105312546.png

Edited by brunowbdk
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, brunowbdk said:

In SBIH, we have to adapt our playstyle to manage to complete the quest. Now, this one, we have to, literally, wait for someone to appear,

Both of these are adapting your playstyle - there is literally no difference between these two things (I'm sure that some people dislike SBIH for the same reason, not wanting to snipe, laying around, waiting for pmcs to pop by, having to make the shot, hours and hours and hours).

3 hours ago, brunowbdk said:

specially in Shoreline pier, since no one goes there unless Sanitar spawns,

??? - people go there all the time - I have had a bunch of PMC conflicts down there because it is legitimately an extract.  There's loot, two safes, and it is off the edge of the map (which newer players tend to follow) - sounds like you have just had a couple of unlucky raids (or you haven't gotten there quick enough/first).  Again, this is making you adapt your playstyle, you have to set up an ambush.  PMCs do have to guard vital areas from time to time. 

You put a lot of thought into your post; I respect that, but for the most part I disagree.  I think this sounds like a nifty quest. 

Cheers,

-Datvi

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Datvivar said:

Both of these are adapting your playstyle - there is literally no difference between these two things (I'm sure that some people dislike SBIH for the same reason, not wanting to snipe, laying around, waiting for pmcs to pop by, having to make the shot, hours and hours and hours).

These aren't the same. One forces you to be in a specific region, waiting for people, that might come or not, for hours straight. The other does not lock you in place, it is completely different. I completed SBIH in two days, while looting and doing other quests.

This quest is just a waste of time.

20 minutes ago, Datvivar said:

??? - people go there all the time - I have had a bunch of PMC conflicts down there because it is legitimately an extract.  There's loot, two safes, and it is off the edge of the map (which newer players tend to follow) - sounds like you have just had a couple of unlucky raids (or you haven't gotten there quick enough/first).  Again, this is making you adapt your playstyle, you have to set up an ambush.  PMCs do have to guard vital areas from time to time. 

As I mentioned, the pier right now, at the beginning of the wipe, is not that empty all the times. Fair enough. But that's not the case later in the wipe. Everyone that played a full wipe knows that.
n my case, I might be able to do it in a few days, since I'm playing the game hours and hours nonstop.

Making the player stand still, like a street lamp, waiting for people to arrive is just a lazy way to design quests, no offence to BSG.

Edited by brunowbdk

Right now, one more raid, 16 min left, all european servers. No one came.
I mean... "tarkov is not meant to be fun". Ok. But this is not even a hardcore quest. It looks and feels lazy and without any sense.

image.png

I feel you.... i'm writing this post hidden in pier boat for the 4th time.... 0/15 sadge

Edited by Cowboy_of_Eld

With the Pier, it depends on what Server you are playing. EU is mostly deserted, NA/CA its a different story. Its funny, but i tested it. At least that is my experience.

I don't know who it was at BSG who even came up with this idea, but it seems there is probably one person there with decision making privilages who just seems to do stupid and ignorant decisions. When you have a fantastic game on your hands and then choose to create quests like this - there is probably one wrong link in the team.

This quest is horrible for all parties involved. It requieres you to waste your time by camping for huge amounts of time in areas where only low levels and new players go to loot. And you have to kill 45 of them. 45.

I genuinly wonder who the duck at BSG came up with this? Like what was their genuine train of thought? It's so incredible stupid and hurtful towards their own fantastic game and their fanbase. And the best of it all, IT'S REQUIERED FOR KAPPA. So in order to get the end game main achievement you have to spend tens of hours killing low levels by standing still in boring areas.

Capturing Outposts needs to change or get removed.

I mean, I'm still of the opinion that this quest should stay/is a fine quest.  Example: 3/4 of the last raids I had on shoreline where I went to pier, there was pmc conflict.  So I think the issue with OP's post is that he rushed to this quest way early in wipe when people are not PMC'ing at shoreline yet.  If somebody does not even have the flea market open, why are they going to go shoreline? 

• 2 weeks later...

+1! i'm doing this quest right now and i wasting my life for watching desktop becasue no body comming to pier! change Pier or delete this quest for Kappa!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's time we start forming more cheese parties for this quest then... Most people with a full time IRL job not like a streamer or a student we don't have the luxury of having as much free time to attempt this quest.

I understand you've since lowered the amount of kills required but making this a requirement of Kappa most of us will be lucky to reach Kappa before the end of the wipe or are demotivated as myself to even attempt this now.

Pier is ass and so is this quest. I've spent 90% of my time shooting people at pier, or avoiding the dozens of SBIH doers that camp the general area only to then show up after they hear gunshots. Shoreline is factually the worst map in this game. Pier has no loose loot, is an incomplete location, the extract there sucks, and the vast majority of players go there to kill the people already there. The same goes for construction, bus depot, construction at cottages, power, gas. This map is dogshit and Nikita should feel bad for forcing the map makers to stop working on it. Its the most incomplete map in this game. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:17 PM, Datvivar said:

??? - people go there all the time

Same as you can say "People go to Stronghold on customs all the time"
Yes but no.
In me and my streamer friend case, we were running customs -> stronghold for a +1 week, +5 hours a day. And we were making 1-2 kills progress per day.
It's not that we were "dying", just literally no1 was coming to Stronghold and "overall area" is really small.
Like once we killed 5 man squad 5-10 m outside of Stronghold = DIdn't count a single kill.

I gave up on that quest after finishin Stronghold Part.
My friend needed another 2 weeks for Pier.
Woods (surprisingly) took the least amount of time.

I have had a bunch of PMC conflicts down there because it is legitimately an extract.

And i can say that about 95% of locations in Tarkov, but once you have that quest, you realise that you barely see any players in those locations.
You can spawn in wrong part of the map and you can literally make a run through cause you will see 0 players in those spots.

Again, this is making you adapt your playstyle, you have to set up an ambush.

Thats not "adapting my playstyle" thats "forcing me to sit whole game in specific Area".
"Ste up an ambush" and prey that someone will come ^^. Cause shooting/throwing grenades/being quiet/calling air drop does not work as you want.
Sometimes if you stay quiet = no1 will come cause there were no gunshoots in area
If you shoot/throw grenades -> You may scare players away
If you call drop, it can not land in EXACT place where you need to kill it can land "near" which is not near enough and those kills will not count :).

You put a lot of thought into your post; I respect that, but for the most part I disagree.

Ofc you can disagree, i also disagreed when i seen this quest, i was like like you

I think this sounds like a nifty quest. 

"wtf stronghold kills? I will do that in 1 day"
"PIer meh i see ppl often there"
"FoB? Should be done a bit slower than stronghold"
And then i got this quest, been doing ONLY stronghold part for over a week and that was easiest part.

We can bet, get this quest, finish it and tell me how "fun" was that.
How much time it took you to complete and if you changed your mind.

SBiH can be done in many spots, it can be done via just playing and always having a scope on your gun. (I did my 70% of SBiH just via playing, it would be harder tho if it would require Bolt Action actually, but since it can be done with any gun, i just always had Razor)
This one can't, you need to run straight to those locations and wait, and wait and wait, and repeat cause no1 came.

On Stronghold someone must ENTER stronghold, if you see someone running near or under the wall, you can't shoot them, it won't count :). 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, Cowboy_of_Eld said:

I feel you.... i'm writing this post hidden in pier boat for the 4th time.... 0/15 sadge

And thats one of examples.
4th time, means you spend actually some time in this Area. SO lets say 1.5 hour for 0 progress.

• Like 1

I just can't help but feel like the whole progression of the game is supposed to be slower than your trying to make it. I understand the desire to grind the quests, but the sense of satisfaction from that quest completing itself just by you playing the game and having random encounters in those places would be so much more than what you get from camping it, also minus the boredom and frustration. We're two months into wipe, Kappa is literally end game item.

Having said that they reduced the kill requirement to 12 so you definitely partially had a point. But my general feeling towards the difficult quests in this game is - so be it, this is supposed to be tough to complete

On 9/4/2022 at 3:46 AM, Niewiarygodny said:

Ofc you can disagree, i also disagreed when i seen this quest, i was like like you

On 9/4/2022 at 3:46 AM, Niewiarygodny said:

SBiH can be done in many spots, it can be done via just playing and always having a scope on your gun. (I did my 70% of SBiH just via playing, it would be harder tho if it would require Bolt Action actually, but since it can be done with any gun, i just always had Razor)

Fair - I haven't reached the quest yet, so I'm speaking from idea and not from experience... but I still think my point stands.  The gripe of this quest is still about playstyles (not wanting to post up and camp an area).  And I think people have encountered issues doing this by rushing this quest too early.  I don't alter my playstyle much or go too hard for quests.  I play with guns I like, and make an attempt to do things periodically when I am in the mood - so Capturing Outposts sounds up my alley.  I feel like I could actually do part of the Capturing Outposts quest without really trying to do it haha (which is what you are saying about SBiH).  :)

I feel the opposite for SBiH.  SBiH I have gotten a kill, I think it was at Shoreline (that is in 4 wipes).  A, as in, singular.  I don't use high end snipers or scopes that much - Whether it is latency, lag, desync or what, it's easier said than done, don't know if I will ever be able to do SBiH.  Again, that is just my take (and I'm a much worse player than a lot of people on here). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Datvivar said:

Fair - I haven't reached the quest yet, so I'm speaking from idea and not from experience... but I still think my point stands.

Again, i was thinking the same that i see ENOUGH ppl in those areas, when i got quest i didn't.
Forcing this quests, like 3-5hours per day and you will make this quest in 4 weeks or longer. THats not "fun" anymore.

And I think people have encountered issues doing this by rushing this quest too early

There is never "good" moment to do that quest.
If you do that early -> People go to Pier/FoB/Stronghold for loot or quests (Pier)
If you do that later -> People ignore Pier/FoB, but they will go Stronghold for PvP.

I feel like I could actually do part of the Capturing Outposts quest without really trying to do it haha (which is what you are saying about SBiH).

The thing is that you won't.
SBiH can be done in several spots, just play specific map and have Scope.
Meanwhile Capturing Outposts can be done ONLY in 1 area, which is extreamly small, as i said as example on Stronghold, enemy MUST be on stronghold or hugging wall of Stronghold. 3-5 m is already too far and it won't count.

So you start you raid, you go into specific spot and wait, and wait. SOmeone might appear or not, but you tied to this one location. Meanhwile with SBiH you can run around, do other quests, go to other places, sure 125m is your limitation, but can be achived in many spots.

I feel the opposite for SBiH.  SBiH I have gotten a kill, I think it was at Shoreline (that is in 4 wipes).  A, as in, singular.  I don't use high end snipers or scopes that much - Whether it is latency, lag, desync or what, it's easier said than done, don't know if I will ever be able to do SBiH.  Again, that is just my take (and I'm a much worse player than a lot of people on here). 

I understand, but yet again.
SBiH can be done in several spots.
I.e. Shoreline.
You spawned near Weather station, you can go on rocks and snipe.
You are on resort/under helicopter, you can still snipe.
Gas station -> Still you can snipe from one side to another.
Scav island (people sometimes go there, but it's rare) and you can snipe them.
And more spots where you have 125m.

Meanwhile Capturing outpots -> Pier (FoB and Stronghold), thats all. You sit there all day begging ppl to come, keep in mind, they can't be In front of Pier, they need to go into Pier. 

Game literally force you to sit in 1 spots, there is no alternative.
If it would at least count also "your" position, so if you are in Pier/Stronghold/FoB and you kill someone from that position it would progress the quest, but no, enemy must be in this small area which is rare, trust me ^^. Or reach that quest or just count your kills from now on in those areas, but keep in mind:
- Only kills on stronghold/Pier/FoB counts, if someone didn't enter this place = kill does not count :P 

• Like 1

Am I correct in saying that if you were someone with a ton of free time (for example a streamer) and managed to get to the collector before they made this a requirement for Kappa all these people were able to skip Capturing Outposts?

If this is correct I don't get how BSG could be so out of touch with their community realising that the majority have full time jobs and are unable to rush content like "streamers" and we're penalised for it.

Similar has happened in the past with various changes 2/3 months into wipe for example last wipe when they made it 2 scav junk boxes to upgrade something in hideout and various other items which were increased if you didn't get the full thing upgraded in the first few months.

I understand "the game is supposed to be hard" but making it an uneven battleground for those who have less time isn't really great for those of us who struggle to get 2/3 hours each evening to play.

On this topic I'm forming a cheese party if anyone would like to join us for getting this quest done at the weekend. 
Discord: Vivi#0001

Cheesing the quest is definitely a solution haha.  :)  Either way, good discussion in general in this thread.  I think we have fully explored this topic.  ;)

On 8/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, brunowbdk said:

Hi,

This wipe I've just realized that "Capturing Outposts" quest is now required for Kappa.

This change is absolutely frustrating. 4 or 5 wipes, 3500h and I feel this is too much and that's it for me this wipe.

It's different from SBIH, which was known by being the "most difficult quest". That title is now lost to this "Capturing Outposts" quest, imo.
The quest consists in forcing you to stand still for hours and hours, waiting for someone to appear in a very small area, like shoreline pier, for example. In SBIH, we have to adapt our playstyle to manage to complete the quest. Now, this one, we have to, literally, wait for someone to appear, out of pure randomness, for hours and hours, specially in Shoreline pier, since no one goes there unless Sanitar spawns, or they have to do Prapor/Therapist/Skier makers quests. These markers quests are unlocked at the early levels and this quest unlocks at level 42. That means, there will be players at the pier only at early wipe and in a few days, that place will be a completely desert until the next wipe.
I'm currently writing this, while hiding in Shoreline pier, for the 4th time in a row, without seeing anyone whatsoever. It is so frustrating...

It's not something like "the game is hardcore" or "kappa is meant to be hard do get". That's absolutely fine to me. What bothers me is Battlestate to force a quest that is completely based in randomness and it will be impossible to achieve in a few days into the wipe cycle.

My suggestion is:
- Change the pier location to another place or;
- Remove this quest as required for Kappa or;
- Move the pier location to a "Capturing Outposts - part 2", or something like that, alongside other locations, which aren't required for Kappa or;
- Make the quest available at the beginning of the wipe and reduce the amount of kills, that way the we could at least try the pier (try)

- Keep customs scav base and woods medical base, since these are places with a lot of players trough the whole wipe.

I hope I'm not being a "cry baby", as many like to refer to others that complain about anything in this game, and players feel the same as I feel. Please, add more quests, hard quests, make SBIH 150m, I don't care, but keep it doable, out of randomness and achievable during the whole wipe.

Thanks!

image_2022-08-01_105312546.png

Fire your weapon and kill the scav's down there ,Evertime i have done that plenty of pmc's have come down to investigate and you can also try the airdrop bait which sometimes works but i've found baiting shots works best 9 times out of 10 a pmc has come to the pier for me!

4 hours ago, Dan_Zakirov said:

There was also a suggestion to make a daily task for players - to visit the place, so that more players go to these places

Good idea Dan - yeah I saw your other thread and I didn't know what to make of it, but that is a great addition to this topic.  It would be a good way to make it so that players head down to the pier more often.  Have some daily quests, like go to the pier and stash 2 chainlets in the boathouse or something (so they actually have to spend a bit of time down there).  If they happen to go down for there for that, they might just happen to run into some PMCs.  :)  Thanks for posting man.

This quest still has the rewards and goofy amount of experience that you see with other post-kappa requirement tasks that are designed to be very difficult, more so than those for Kappa. The reward for capturing outposts is 69K experience and an exclusive armband. BSG basically just clicked the "required for Kappa" button and didn't care about how extremely difficult this task was, nor its inherent design to be done after Kappa. I'm level 43 at the moment, and I have completed all of the Shoreline tasks where pier is required, and I've seen someone once. I've been playing since a week after the new wipe. There was no forethought apart from, seemingly, making it almost impossible for people who have a job- that isn't streaming- to complete it. Absolute bullshit.

• 1 month later...

Yup, this quest made me give up on Kappa this wipe. 

I've completed kappa every single time for each wipe (3 in a row), and after seeing that they made this a requirement for kappa, I'm out. I will not wait in a corner on pier for HOURS on end to kill not 1, not 5, but 12 PMCS! Then do the same for the other 2 maps (which aren't as bad tbh).

This is not hard, this is boring, tedious, and a waste of my time. 

Nikita said himself tarkov is meant to be played in groups and this quest, along with sbih and shooter 8 are the proof of it.

Get a group and everyone enter solo, at the same time night raid. 

If you are a solo you will not get kappa.

18 hours ago, RaffaelCoelho said:

Nikita said himself tarkov is meant to be played in groups and this quest, along with sbih and shooter 8 are the proof of it.

Get a group and everyone enter solo, at the same time night raid. 

If you are a solo you will not get kappa.

So you are suggesting that people should bend the rules and team up without being in the team.  There is no way that Nikita meant to do quests like this.

Quest itself  is stupid because you need to literally wait for hours  and wait if maybe someone will get lost and actually enter the pier. Secondly, wooden pier doesnt count (!?) and people just behind the blue wall doesnt count neighter. One miss and they are moving into cover outside the quest zone.  Frustrating

I remember that last wipe i had all maps on 15/15 the natural way and shoreline only 1/15. But it wasnt needed for kappa.

Shooter 8 is perfectly doable and easier than you think. So many times got 4-5 pmc kills. With new light .308 its even easier. So no need to do it unfair way

The problem with this quest is that you have to be level 42 to start it.
When I started it, hardly anyone came to the pier, because hardly anyone had to do a quest there.
On woods you also rarely meet people, because no one has to go there to quest.
On customs it looks similar. no one has to go there for a quest and many avoid the base because the goons can spawn there.
I wonder why the pre-quest Punisher Part 6 starts at level 21, but for capturing outposts you have to be level 42?
This makes no sense to me