Factory should not be labeled as "Normal"

flavorson

After playing on almost all the maps minus labs, I don't understand why Factory is labeled as "normal", I feel like i've died more on factory than I have on interchange by fully geared tanks of players. Something should be changed about factory, or it should at least not be labeled as if it welcomes new players.... If you're not level 20+ or decked out in class 4+ armor with an MP7 loaded with AP rounds, you're screwed.... Its pretty stupid.....

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, flavorson said:

After playing on almost all the maps minus labs, I don't understand why Factory is labeled as "normal", I feel like i've died more on factory than I have on interchange by fully geared tanks of players. Something should be changed about factory, or it should at least not be labeled as if it welcomes new players.... If you're not level 20+ or decked out in class 4+ armor with an MP7 loaded with AP rounds, you're screwed.... Its pretty stupid.....

Probably should be solo only. Map is too small for a 5 man. I don't know how many players can spawn on Factory but it's probably to many. 

• Upvote 1

All map is pretty hard except shoreline . 

Their mission should honestly start from shoreline .

Maps like custom and factory is just like telling you to stop playing tarkov and improve your life instead .

If you are late wipe good luck doing your first few mission on this map against jacked up level 5 armor juice cannon chad especially dorm one's  because of "realism" 

Edited by forevermasteryi
  • Upvote 2

New player here as well. I agree, to me Factory is the hardest to survive on of any of the maps by a significant margin.

I'm not sure those difficulty levels actually have any relevance on anything. I think it's more down to the confined space so it's far easier for anyone, including scavs, to see and hear where you are - thus, much death.

But it works both ways.

• Upvote 1

Factory is a very small map. Because of this you have a very small margin for error. If you make a movement mistake you are dead. If you mess up an exchange of gunfire you are probably going to get pushed and killed. Audio is incredibly important, more so than any other map again b/c of the small margin for errors. So to a new player it may seem really hard.

That being said, factory is a very small map, so you can learn it quickly. Once you learn the angles and the audio queues and the player pathing, and you have a factory key in your pocket you can escape easily(survive). Once you learn how to escape you can learn how to use weapons and armor specifically to maximize your advantage in the type of fighting you've learned.

Finally, there is no good loot on Factory. So cheaters almost never play it, and you have a lot of low gear unskilled players playing it for fun or for quests.

You would be surprised how many raids you can win on factory with a cheap helmet and face shield and some 4+ armor and a gun you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps!

Labs is quite literally safer than Factory now. I feel like Labs is actually the safest map of all of them, if you stick to the right areas and there's not a hacker in your match.

The key to learning to play factory is to know how to move underground. Stay underground and you have lots of small passages with little wiggle room for your enemies. The small distances and corners can be abused to literally gun down chads FAST. Take a KEDR with PSO bullets, that's cheap as - if you want even more deadly, take the silenced KEDR if you unlocked it - doesn't matter if you use 30 or 20 magazines, either will do the job, so you can buy this stuff at level 1. Don't bother with armor or helmets, just take 1 KEDR, and 6 sticks, and ALWAYS wear a PSSH headset so you can hear them - that'll set you back 50-60K for a full DEADLY chad-killer loadout. Now, stay in the basement passages, you own this place. Only fight daylight, since you don't have night vision yet. Keep your crosshair at leg-height at all times ESPECIALLY when going around corners - if they are crouched or not, you'll zap their feet anyways, and no-one ever goes prone since it's gimped. Listen for footsteps, if you hear footsteps coming in, abuse desync and walk at max speed (don't run - you want your gun available!) around the corner and empty the whole clip in their legs. a 20 clip will drop anything if you hit their legs - there's nothing that can survive it, and it's 2 seconds tops - desync alone will give you the time you need.

DO NOT wait for THEM to go around the corner, you listen - and you hear footsteps, you GO for it, you want to go around the corner first, so you get 1 second of more shooting than they do. That's usually enough to drop the fatty. Fatties are usually pussies so expect another behind him. Don't loot fatty, just go back around the previous corner, and wait for fatty's friend to loot fatty - rinse repeat when he comes in, he'll probably try silent mode but because he's equally fat as his buddy you can hear him with PSSH headset - step out, nuke legs - you now have 2 cat6 armors + helmets + laserguns. Rinse repeat, factory is a goldmine for gear.

Don't 'play' with the chads, don't talk to them, don't make noise - if they know your location they will insta-nade you, and the game's over. The whole point here is that you surprise them by desyncing around the corner and dropping chaddy fatfeet FAST.

Remember - chaddy fatfeet has 1 million roubles to lose - often more. You on the other hand, only have 10K to lose, since you get back all your gear from insurance :P

4 hours ago, forevermasteryi said:

Maps like custom and factory is just like telling you to stop playing tarkov and improve your life instead .

If you are late wipe good luck doing your first few mission on this map against jacked up level 5 armor juice cannon chad especially dorm one's  because of "realism" 

Shoreline is legit trash unless you have died enough on it to know how to get through the map before you starve, without getting smoked from god knows where, assuming you are lucky enough to spawn anywhere except for the river. Those spawns are the worst in the whole game. 

Customs becomes a lot easier when you realize you can sprint through the whole map in 6 minutes without scuffling if you stick to the Southern edge behind dorms and pylon hill. 

Im also a newish player but i believe it should be labeled as normal as it has the easiest layout for players to memorize, not much loot, to influence pmc v pmc v scav fighting, its more like a training ground than it is a map to get things done in, its also great if your low on guns/looking for lab card on your scav with the easiest extracts in the game imo

Difficulty on map screen is difficulty of ai scavs, not a limit to enemy gear. I like factory, helps cleaning my inventory.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Shoreline is legit trash unless you have died enough on it to know how to get through the map before you starve, without getting smoked from god knows where, assuming you are lucky enough to spawn anywhere except for the river. Those spawns are the worst in the whole game. 

Customs becomes a lot easier when you realize you can sprint through the whole map in 6 minutes without scuffling if you stick to the Southern edge behind dorms and pylon hill. 

Survival wise , shoreline has many option to get through whole map and enough cover for you to dis engage . New lighthouse pathway extraction even allow you to move only 10 % of the map 

Custom on the other hands is smaller , more choke point , even after the update its still no where near as easy as shoreline . 

more bush in shoreline also , you can sit in first 10 minutes of the game and since map focus on resort , you are litearlly save afterward unless someone is doing shooter born in heaven 

In custom , your spawn is on the route of someone escape path most likely , bless the custom spawn design . 

Fairly new player here, I heard advice that Factory was a good map for Beginners and it was listed as "normal" and all others were "Insane" or "Hard". Factory is by far the hardest map for a newbie imo, every time you go there it's almost instant death. 

Personally I think Woods is the best for new players, there's a couple of early game tasks there too so it's worth learning up on. Customs is much harder but doable. Both great maps for SCAV farming too imo. 

46 minutes ago, Art_919 said:

Fairly new player here, I heard advice that Factory was a good map for Beginners and it was listed as "normal" and all others were "Insane" or "Hard". Factory is by far the hardest map for a newbie imo, every time you go there it's almost instant death. 

Personally I think Woods is the best for new players, there's a couple of early game tasks there too so it's worth learning up on. Customs is much harder but doable. Both great maps for SCAV farming too imo. 

Customs and Woods for sure. I would say customs is a little bit easier in that there aren't as many places to ambush other players. Woods has an almost infinite number of places to worry about get shot from. Factory can turn into a shitshow really quick. Allowing 5 mans on Factory is a joke. That map should be solos only. I would not bring a top tier load out into that map. You can be dead in 5 seconds on that map. 

15 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

Customs and Woods for sure. I would say customs is a little bit easier in that there aren't as many places to ambush other players. Woods has an almost infinite number of places to worry about get shot from. Factory can turn into a shitshow really quick. Allowing 5 mans on Factory is a joke. That map should be solos only. I would not bring a top tier load out into that map. You can be dead in 5 seconds on that map. 

That's a good point, Woods is VERY open in some places, easy to ambush newbies (I've been ambushed in fact aha). Customs is easier in a sense there is more cover around and you can generally stay out of the way of hotspots. I find Woods easier to learn however. 

Yeah Factory is a no go for me from now on, only SCAV runs there to pick up extra loot. 

Oh and Woods Outskirts extract is a pain for a newbie, running straight past SCAV house and it's so so easy to be ambushed. 

Edited by Art_919

I guess the difficulty is set using other things than deaths on that map. Factory is really small and easy to remember all points and extracts. Perhaps the "normal" difficult is to it's size and number of players inside, 4~6 at maximum. If you enter with a full squad, you can pretty much farm scavs with no danger dying to another player. There's certainly more to it, but I guess those things may justify the "normal" tag :P

The biggest issue I've found with Factory is that as a new player just starting out trying to do Factory as a PMC you'll get killed within the first thirty seconds by experienced people treating it as a deathmatch map most of the time.

And that means that even if you explore that entire map as a Scav, you don't really have the opportunity to learn the map from the PMC side of things.

For instance, all I've learned of Factory so far is that if I spawn at either spot near Gate 0, I'm screwed because the far more experienced person spawning at the other spot near Gate 0 is going to rush in and kill me with their much better equipment.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:12 AM, tubaraumbb said:

Difficulty on map screen is difficulty of ai scavs, not a limit to enemy gear. I like factory, helps cleaning my inventory.

This.  At least I think this is true.  Could it also be the size of the map?  Factory is the smallest and as such, one of the easier ones to learn fully.

I don't think that factory is that hard actually.  It has a bad spawn or two, but outside of that, if you go to the high conflict/loot areas, yeah it will be hard/harder.  But if you stick to sneaking, going underground, the map is quite easy.  Lots of scavs though.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, forevermasteryi said:

I disagree...
Shoreline can be pretty fucked up at some points in the wipe, I've ran into 3 people with IR sights (2 flirs and 1 reapir) with SVD and 2 SR25 camping Pier in 2 days, at some point, ealry wipe too, everyone is doing their quests and you find people in the most random annoying places

Plus Sanitar has a nasty habit of cancelling your life subscription by shreding you from the little beach on pier and his guards can have some real fucked up gear + tons of hp, ever faced an Altyn+Slick Guard with ap20 saiga? they can also engage from pretty far away, i've gotten deleted from the hill overlooking Cottage by Sanitar's goons

all in all, most maps in tarkov can be pretty "hard" i'd say woods is the "easiest" map since the boss pretty much only spawns at sawmill and 80% of the fighting occurs in sawmill as well, so, if you stay far away from the center of the map you can usually navigate Woods easily and places like Scav Bunker, Scav house and  attachment cabin provide early players with an easy way to rack up some scav kills for Debut and get their shotguns as well

sit still and camp and abuse desync? wow great tips. thats how you get really good at a game listen to this pro. promote bug abuse and dont move for the love of god dont even flinch. thats fun for ya.

edit, if they are doing it so should I.... is the problem with this world.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:21 AM, PeskyMaus said:

The key to learning to play factory is to know how to move underground. Stay underground and you have lots of small passages with little wiggle room for your enemies. The small distances and corners can be abused to literally gun down chads FAST. Take a KEDR with PSO bullets, that's cheap as - if you want even more deadly, take the silenced KEDR if you unlocked it - doesn't matter if you use 30 or 20 magazines, either will do the job, so you can buy this stuff at level 1. Don't bother with armor or helmets, just take 1 KEDR, and 6 sticks, and ALWAYS wear a PSSH headset so you can hear them - that'll set you back 50-60K for a full DEADLY chad-killer loadout. Now, stay in the basement passages, you own this place. Only fight daylight, since you don't have night vision yet. Keep your crosshair at leg-height at all times ESPECIALLY when going around corners - if they are crouched or not, you'll zap their feet anyways, and no-one ever goes prone since it's gimped. Listen for footsteps, if you hear footsteps coming in, abuse desync and walk at max speed (don't run - you want your gun available!) around the corner and empty the whole clip in their legs. a 20 clip will drop anything if you hit their legs - there's nothing that can survive it, and it's 2 seconds tops - desync alone will give you the time you need.

DO NOT wait for THEM to go around the corner, you listen - and you hear footsteps, you GO for it, you want to go around the corner first, so you get 1 second of more shooting than they do. That's usually enough to drop the fatty. Fatties are usually pussies so expect another behind him. Don't loot fatty, just go back around the previous corner, and wait for fatty's friend to loot fatty - rinse repeat when he comes in, he'll probably try silent mode but because he's equally fat as his buddy you can hear him with PSSH headset - step out, nuke legs - you now have 2 cat6 armors + helmets + laserguns. Rinse repeat, factory is a goldmine for gear.

Don't 'play' with the chads, don't talk to them, don't make noise - if they know your location they will insta-nade you, and the game's over. The whole point here is that you surprise them by desyncing around the corner and dropping chaddy fatfeet FAST.

Remember - chaddy fatfeet has 1 million roubles to lose - often more. You on the other hand, only have 10K to lose, since you get back all your gear from insurance :P

Edited by varggift

Am 5.8.2022 um 23:04 schrieb flavorson:

to be honest, this is utterely BS. you can and you die on any map fast, if your mindset is COD oder Battlefield like. and i can also kill any Chad on Factory with only a gun and go for head-eyes. everybody in the community still knows, you dont do factory unless you have to or you are good or dont care at all. yeah you could label it like "this map is hard" but everybody knows that already, so why change it?! if you die, you die. respawn and try again.

Factory shouldn't be a map. It should be be connected to labs and then take labs/factory map and place it behind the storage buildings on customs. Really all 3 of those maps are way to small and should be combined. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, forevermasteryi said:

Yes exactly. Today I tried to do my 3rd kill for the pistol kills mission. I did 20 spawns on factory, half of them with armor. I always spawn next to a guy and get killed by juggernauts, sometimes even duos. Last raid I swear I had 1 enemy on every side but they did not push me. Then factory boss rushes me, WTF. Now I have 4000 roubles and can't even heal myself. 
Level 11 atm. Missions going really bad. Customs unplayable, way to many decked people. Like why do I have to sell stuff for third of whats it actually worth on fleamarket and I can't even get decent ammunition.  Impossible to do the usually easiest quests. Did a several wipes break and its not going good imo. 
Feels bad when devs wipe everything everytime... WIll be the last time I start late on a wipe. Also waiting for that "final wipe". The wipe thing is only nice for harcore players who reach level 60 after 2 months and get bored. 

I can only rant about this game. Hard to stay positive after all the wiping. Also key durability 40, wtf is that. But to stay on topic, Factoy is never ever "normal". 
Last enemies killed me with:
MP7, RFB, some 556 AK, MPX?, etc. etc. you see whats happening. 
I saw 1 naked guy in these 20 raids. He was spamming nades. Spamming!