Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

majohnson

First, I have to say that this is by far the best FPS game ever created.

Second, I have to say that this game is under the worst management ever seen in the history of online gaming.

The cheating and lack of IP bans has single-handedly put this game on death row. BSG took profit over customer service, and what we are left with is a miserable gaming experience. European servers are unplayable, so everyone connects to US servers resulting in a desync poo-fest. Half of them also bring over some sort of player detection (ESP, walls).

I've given up waiting for the BSG team to do anything useful to counter this plague so it's time to uninstall and move on. I'm giving this game less than a year from today until it's completely dead.

Mark this post and don't delete it! (I'm talking to you, censor-mod, show some integrity)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

The game won’t die, just the focus will switch over to Arena. That’s what all the cool streamer bro’s will be playing and the “main” game will be largely forgotten.

Streets will be released, likely marking the end of Alpha/Beta. It will completely broken but no one will really care because they’ll all be bouncing off the walls getting 360 noscopes in some generic 3 lane map. Which will probably also be broken.

What a massive waste.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, majohnson said:

First, I have to say that this is by far the best FPS game ever created.

Second, I have to say that this game is under the worst management ever seen in the history of online gaming.

The cheating and lack of IP bans has single-handedly put this game on death row. BSG took profit over customer service, and what we are left with is a miserable gaming experience. European servers are unplayable, so everyone connects to US servers resulting in a desync poo-fest. Half of them also bring over some sort of player detection (ESP, walls).

I've given up waiting for the BSG team to do anything useful to counter this plague so it's time to uninstall and move on. I'm giving this game less than a year from today until it's completely dead.

Mark this post and don't delete it! (I'm talking to you, censor-mod, show some integrity)

How exactly is BSG picking profit over customer service...?

17 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

If you can't see that your blind or you got your head stuck in the sand like you normally do. 

• Like 1

I don't know what goes on behind closed doors at BSG, so I can't say with certainty the direction they are heading in. From my personal experience though, the game does feel stale right now, but I think it always feels stale after the beginning of the wipe has passed. If the upcoming content (streets, arena) isn't good, or they delay it too long, I believe they will have a problem. Too soon to say right now though.

57 minutes ago, gkcx2002 said:

If you can't see that your blind or you got your head stuck in the sand like you normally do. 

Could you pls elaborate then? 

If your only response to my question is "you're blind" then your lack of an explanation clearly shows you are wrong...

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Could you pls elaborate then? 

If your only response to my question is "you're blind" then your lack of an explanation clearly shows you are wrong...

You are my favorite BSG apologist. You're the best at it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

BSG doesn't IP ban so if someone gets banned cheating all that person has to do is buy another account. They do this intentionally to increase their profits instead of doing the right thing and perma-banning that sob. How do you not know this?

I've always thought cheating is mostly terrible in Oceania judging from videos I've watched, but as an EU region player since 2017, I always thought I was lucky for being in this region to not have to deal with cheaters like Oceania does... are you telling me all these years I've not been outplayed in fights but actually they were just 100% cheaters this entire time? 

2 hours ago, Mariner said:

The game won’t die, just the focus will switch over to Arena. That’s what all the cool streamer bro’s will be playing and the “main” game will be largely forgotten.

Streets will be released, likely marking the end of Alpha/Beta. It will completely broken but no one will really care because they’ll all be bouncing off the walls getting 360 noscopes in some generic 3 lane map. Which will probably also be broken.

What a massive waste.

well, if that's the case then consider the game dead

11 minutes ago, blobface said:

I've always thought cheating is mostly terrible in Oceania judging from videos I've watched, but as an EU region player since 2017, I always thought I was lucky for being in this region to not have to deal with cheaters like Oceania does... are you telling me all these years I've not been outplayed in fights but actually they were just 100% cheaters this entire time? 

you've been killed by way more cheaters than you think.

2 hours ago, majohnson said:

BSG doesn't IP ban so if someone gets banned cheating all that person has to do is buy another account. They do this intentionally to increase their profits instead of doing the right thing and perma-banning that sob. How do you not know this?

For them to make money off of this they would need to be incredibly good at issuing bans... at lightning speed... and if this is the case would a cheater really continue buying accounts if they are getting banned almost right away every time...?

2 hours ago, gkcx2002 said:

You are my favorite BSG apologist. You're the best at it. 

Insults do not count as evidence/argument. Lack of explanation proves you're wrong.

• Sad 4

Insults do not count as evidence/argument. Lack of explanation proves you're wrong.

How could it be an insult if it's objective reality?

6 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

BSG used to do a "Ban Wave."  Then immediately after have a Multiple Copy discount sale.  Why?  Who needs multiple copies other than people that cheat and the occasional "Chad" that buy a couple of copies for his friends?

BSG could issue IP bans.  They could ban entire IP Blocks of known cheaters that are using VPN's.  However, they have chosen not to do this.  Which makes it easier for the same people cheating to just fire up another account and get right back to it, on the off chance they actually get caught.

BSG offloaded the Ban Appeal process to Battleye, which pretty much NEVER unbans anyone for any reason.  Which means, "just in case" an really innocent person got accidentally banned, they would have to get a new account instead of BSG doing a real investigation (ie customer service) and helping that person out.

BSG could issue HWID bans, but they do not.  If they did it would make the cheaters have to go through another hoop to get back into the game, and some may not buy a new copy and come back if they have too many hoops to jump through.

BSG (ie Nikita) could come to his own OFFICIAL forums for HIS game and read and see exactly what the people who BOUGHT the game think about it.  Instead, he goes to reddit to have smoke blown up his tailpipes tailor fed to him by his team of BSG Loyalist moderators.  

BSG could have spent money on hiring more coding talent, or sys admin, or a network/tickrate/netcode guy instead of making a live action commercial for the game.  That is 100% profit over customer service.

BSG could very easily ban people who have really stupid stats, but instead, they wait for a "detection."   It is hilariously funny to see how many of the names are blotted out on the "Ratings Page."  And why you can't even see the Top 100 kills page any more.  Because there were people in there that had stupid high K/D rates of like 50-1 and stuff.  

The website is broken and I send in a ticket that it is not accepting my password.  It takes three days for them to respond (I put the ticket in on Monday and I get a response on Thursday) try resetting your password.  Yeah, I already tried that.  I said that in my ticket I sent in three days before.  I use a password manager so I KNOW the password is correct but it keeps locking me out.  I let it reset, I reset my password, create a new 16 digit password, copy and paste it out of my password manager and it will not accept it.  

The other guy did not really mean "you are blind."  I think what he meant is that you are willfully ignorant.  There is no way that you have been on these forums with over 3k posts and have not seen all of what I have typed above at least a few times.  Hell, I brand new here and have seen all of this plus a TON more.  

For them to make money off of this they would need to be incredibly good at issuing bans... at lightning speed... and if this is the case would a cheater really continue buying accounts if they are getting banned almost right away every time...?

I think again, here you are being WILLLFULLY ignorant.  First off the exact opposite is true.  BSG allows the cheaters, especially the RMT one's a chance to enjoy/make a profit off the account.  If someone buys a new account for $50 and they spend a month playing the game before/if they get banned then they may be willing to spend another $50 to keep enjoying cheating.  If someone who sells stuff for real money buys and account for $50 and they spend four days making a couple of hundred dollars a day, they are more than happy to spend another $50 for another account to make more money in a day than they could working a full time job near them.  You know darn good and well that people are not getting banned right away.  A guy just the other day posted a video of a guy with god mode on teleporting around right in front of him and the cheater was like level 47.  You think he just bought the game, installed it, installed his cheats and LIGHTNING FAST he was level 47?    Come on dude. 

I bought this game based off of the description on the webpage, and from what little I have been able to play, I feel I was completely mislead.  This game is no where near any resemblance of a "Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough."  There is no story.  The only things I would REMOTELY call realistic is the sounds of the guns in handling, and the way they sound firing.  Bullet drop is just bad.  Bullet physics are bad.  Armor is bad.  Medical system is the biggest joke I have ever seen in a game that thinks it is realistic.  lol I just broke BOTH my legs jumping off a three story roof!  Oh noes!  Let me pop a 200mg Bayer Aspirin and now I can just sprint away into the sunset.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  I can't shoot through a canvas tent.  I can't shoot through thin sheet metal with Mosin?  hahahahahahaha  Lets not even get into them changing the bullet damage so that NO ONE does from a chest shot with a Mosin...  Have you seen that bullet in real life?

Near 100 unique skills to train via a repetitive actions principle.  What?  lol a hundred skills?  Um, no way.  No where near that.

Be aware of real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics.  haha what?  Come one man.  I saw a video where a dude catches three slugs in the legs from a shotgun, 3 rounds fired in the match and 3 rounds hit after the match, and the guy jumps up, jumps to the side and lands a head shot on the guy with the shotty.  How is that remotely "eal-life ballistics and projectile hit physics"?!?!??!?!?!

Interact with the environment to gain situational domination - switch lights, commence tactical entry with door interaction system.  lol What?  So many lights cannot be shot out.  I can't think of a single light switch I can turn on or off.  I cannot turn loud generators off.  Why can't I shoot some crappy old wooden door off its hinges with a 12Ga shotgun?   I drop a grenade at a door that I know a guy is standing right on the other side of and it blows up and the guy feels nothing...

Don't even get me started with the stims that allowed a whole group of Hatchlings to take a point blank shot from an AK to the forehead and just laugh it off and sprint away.

The almost non-existent weight and physics system.  No mantling but we can BUNNY HOP!  My trained warrior does not recognize a water bottle and I have to inspect it?  HAHAHAHAHAHA  A guy can BUNNY hop with his testicles as high as the top of door frame  while carrying an 80lb backpack and spray an M4 getting a head shot in guy and landing 20' from where he jumped, but my guy is running through the woods at night and gets stuck on a 12" high log...  Come on man.

24 minutes ago, VORDO said:

How could it be an insult if it's objective reality?

lol TURTH!  Speek da TURTH!

• Hot 5

1 hour ago, SurveyorCC said:

BSG used to do a "Ban Wave."  Then immediately after have a Multiple Copy discount sale.  Why?  Who needs multiple copies other than people that cheat and the occasional "Chad" that buy a couple of copies for his friends?

BSG could issue IP bans.  They could ban entire IP Blocks of known cheaters that are using VPN's.  However, they have chosen not to do this.  Which makes it easier for the same people cheating to just fire up another account and get right back to it, on the off chance they actually get caught.

BSG offloaded the Ban Appeal process to Battleye, which pretty much NEVER unbans anyone for any reason.  Which means, "just in case" an really innocent person got accidentally banned, they would have to get a new account instead of BSG doing a real investigation (ie customer service) and helping that person out.

BSG could issue HWID bans, but they do not.  If they did it would make the cheaters have to go through another hoop to get back into the game, and some may not buy a new copy and come back if they have too many hoops to jump through.

BSG (ie Nikita) could come to his own OFFICIAL forums for HIS game and read and see exactly what the people who BOUGHT the game think about it.  Instead, he goes to reddit to have smoke blown up his tailpipes tailor fed to him by his team of BSG Loyalist moderators.  

BSG could have spent money on hiring more coding talent, or sys admin, or a network/tickrate/netcode guy instead of making a live action commercial for the game.  That is 100% profit over customer service.

BSG could very easily ban people who have really stupid stats, but instead, they wait for a "detection."   It is hilariously funny to see how many of the names are blotted out on the "Ratings Page."  And why you can't even see the Top 100 kills page any more.  Because there were people in there that had stupid high K/D rates of like 50-1 and stuff.  

The website is broken and I send in a ticket that it is not accepting my password.  It takes three days for them to respond (I put the ticket in on Monday and I get a response on Thursday) try resetting your password.  Yeah, I already tried that.  I said that in my ticket I sent in three days before.  I use a password manager so I KNOW the password is correct but it keeps locking me out.  I let it reset, I reset my password, create a new 16 digit password, copy and paste it out of my password manager and it will not accept it.  

The other guy did not really mean "you are blind."  I think what he meant is that you are willfully ignorant.  There is no way that you have been on these forums with over 3k posts and have not seen all of what I have typed above at least a few times.  Hell, I brand new here and have seen all of this plus a TON more.  

I think again, here you are being WILLLFULLY ignorant.  First off the exact opposite is true.  BSG allows the cheaters, especially the RMT one's a chance to enjoy/make a profit off the account.  If someone buys a new account for $50 and they spend a month playing the game before/if they get banned then they may be willing to spend another $50 to keep enjoying cheating.  If someone who sells stuff for real money buys and account for $50 and they spend four days making a couple of hundred dollars a day, they are more than happy to spend another $50 for another account to make more money in a day than they could working a full time job near them.  You know darn good and well that people are not getting banned right away.  A guy just the other day posted a video of a guy with god mode on teleporting around right in front of him and the cheater was like level 47.  You think he just bought the game, installed it, installed his cheats and LIGHTNING FAST he was level 47?    Come on dude. 

I bought this game based off of the description on the webpage, and from what little I have been able to play, I feel I was completely mislead.  This game is no where near any resemblance of a "Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough."  There is no story.  The only things I would REMOTELY call realistic is the sounds of the guns in handling, and the way they sound firing.  Bullet drop is just bad.  Bullet physics are bad.  Armor is bad.  Medical system is the biggest joke I have ever seen in a game that thinks it is realistic.  lol I just broke BOTH my legs jumping off a three story roof!  Oh noes!  Let me pop a 200mg Bayer Aspirin and now I can just sprint away into the sunset.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL  I can't shoot through a canvas tent.  I can't shoot through thin sheet metal with Mosin?  hahahahahahaha  Lets not even get into them changing the bullet damage so that NO ONE does from a chest shot with a Mosin...  Have you seen that bullet in real life?

Near 100 unique skills to train via a repetitive actions principle.  What?  lol a hundred skills?  Um, no way.  No where near that.

Be aware of real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics.  haha what?  Come one man.  I saw a video where a dude catches three slugs in the legs from a shotgun, 3 rounds fired in the match and 3 rounds hit after the match, and the guy jumps up, jumps to the side and lands a head shot on the guy with the shotty.  How is that remotely "eal-life ballistics and projectile hit physics"?!?!??!?!?!

Interact with the environment to gain situational domination - switch lights, commence tactical entry with door interaction system.  lol What?  So many lights cannot be shot out.  I can't think of a single light switch I can turn on or off.  I cannot turn loud generators off.  Why can't I shoot some crappy old wooden door off its hinges with a 12Ga shotgun?   I drop a grenade at a door that I know a guy is standing right on the other side of and it blows up and the guy feels nothing...

Don't even get me started with the stims that allowed a whole group of Hatchlings to take a point blank shot from an AK to the forehead and just laugh it off and sprint away.

The almost non-existent weight and physics system.  No mantling but we can BUNNY HOP!  My trained warrior does not recognize a water bottle and I have to inspect it?  HAHAHAHAHAHA  A guy can BUNNY hop with his testicles as high as the top of door frame  while carrying an 80lb backpack and spray an M4 getting a head shot in guy and landing 20' from where he jumped, but my guy is running through the woods at night and gets stuck on a 12" high log...  Come on man.

lol TURTH!  Speek da TURTH!

So BSG is making money off of cheaters... by waiting a month... to ban them...?

I have a question for you. What actual evidence do you have to back any of the speculation in your post?

• Sad 9

42 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

I have a question for you. What actual evidence do you have to back any of the speculation in your post?

BSG bootlicker detected

26 minutes ago, Hamm said:

wait a month to ban them, then put the game on sale. and hey if you buy more than 1 copy, you can get a sweet discount

When was the last time BSG did a discount that wasn't because of a holiday such as Christmas or Easter?

There is a lot of false information in this thread, as usually happens when someone sparks a discussion about cheating.

One person cries wolf and suddenly what they said becomes truth?

Come on people, you’re better than that.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, davidj123456 said:

Yes, a month, or two or some even years.  I mean most of the time is not them "waiting" it is them just not catching them.  However, they do wait and try to "sig" as many people as they can before they ban.  But again, you are being willfully ignorant.  They make the money because the other person is making money off of the game and then buying a new account.  You know who they will NEVER make more money from?  People, like me, that bought the EoD.  Because all future work done on the game will be free to me.  Stop being willfully ignorant, or at least stop trying to pull the wool over other people's eyes.

38 minutes ago, SurveyorCC said:

Yes, a month, or two or some even years.  I mean most of the time is not them "waiting" it is them just not catching them.  However, they do wait and try to "sig" as many people as they can before they ban.  But again, you are being willfully ignorant.  They make the money because the other person is making money off of the game and then buying a new account.  You know who they will NEVER make more money from?  People, like me, that bought the EoD.  Because all future work done on the game will be free to me.  Stop being willfully ignorant, or at least stop trying to pull the wool over other people's eyes.

Do you have any evidence at all for this claim?

• Sad 3

Am 24.9.2022 um 16:44 schrieb majohnson:

I'm giving this game less than a year from today until it's completely dead.

the first time i´ve ever heard that was 4 years ago...

11 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

Do you have any evidence at all for this claim?

LoL. Thanks for that well thought out reply.  Remain willfully ignorant my friend.

• Sad 1

vor 49 Minuten schrieb SurveyorCC:

Pal, If these cheater are pro´s, than they don´t even waste a penny to buy new accounts, they just steal from some poor Escaper.

2nd. they can get rid of any hardware and IP bans in just hours and it take another some hours to get a new account. A new cheat takes some time though

... but if they would ban them straight away, than the cheat code will be always be updated and they will never, ever disappear, because BE can´t detect them. No indentified codes, no ban waves. That is why they wait for weeks and months, to get the code and to ban them all at once.

And just like i said before, it takes some time, until new code are made.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hijack_Dallas said:

Pal, If these cheater are pro´s, than they don´t even waste a penny to buy new accounts, they just steal from some poor Escaper.

2nd. they can get rid of any hardware and IP bans in just hours and it take another some hours to get a new account. A new cheat takes some time though

... but if they would ban them straight away, than the cheat code will be always be updated and they will never, ever disappear, because BE can´t detect them. No indentified codes, no ban waves. That is why they wait for weeks and months, to get the code and to ban them all at once.

And just like i said before, it takes some time, until new code are made.

Not sure why you quoted me on this?  Did you mean to quote someone else?