Fix any bug please and stop adding content.

Squirre11y

I've completely dropped this game because of the streamer based focus.  In order to play this game the way its designed you must give up your job, your life, and ignore a few calls from your lady or boy.  They base and judge changes solely based on videos that streamers make.  I am nearly at 5000 hours and this is hands down the worst wipe not on the basis on players or maps but on the pure basis of the fact that the bugs have completely overwhelmed any entertainment I can take out of the game.  I was listing daily a different bug every single day for 2 weeks and I didnt run out of bugs but I gave up entirely on trying to tell the developers or the support team the many issues in the game.  After not having a working bug report for a complete year, emailing support and making active forum posts for 2 months I realized that they do not care about bugs but only content.  I get the impression that they don't even understand the engine that they are working with considering that their response to bugs almost every time is that they don't even know what's going on.  There are about 20 different completely broken mechanics in the game from equipment, ammo, damage calculations, and plenty more to be mentioned.  They choose instead of removing these broken systems to just make changes to OTHER parts to compensate rather than temporarily remove these systems.  So you get a combination of "balances" running under systems that do not work as intended.  They have made the code into a jumbled mess instead of trying to understand the underlying issues to the way they designed their code with unity.  I only wait for arena and single-player campaign at this point because this multiplayer portion is so completely foreign to their own Dev team that they cannot fix any bugs whatsoever.  They have been completely lost by the content that they are trying to add they cannot even implement working systems anymore with all the clutter of broken systems interfering with the new content.  Poor game design process, Cannot meet their own statements to public, Cannot meet their own publicly stated deadlines, They choose to ignore bugs and prefer content over fixing anything in the game.  I mean honestly where is the 2.5 years in waiting streets in tarkov going to do for the community.  If all you can accomplish in the meantime is tiny additions to map they why haven't adjusted spawns in the maps where they are all absolutely horrid.  I can reliably kill both spawns on each side of me in 3/4's of the map because they spawn within my sightlines if you know where to look.  This game is being designed based on the people who have thousands of hours and completely alienate 80% of the people who try to play the game who just do not have the time to master the game, who do not have the time to play 30 hours a week.

I would love to see this studio align what they say with what they do, As a side effect i would be happy to see them meet any deadline they have set themself aside from wipe dates.  I've played this game since its second wipe and I can reliably tell you that they have failed their own self-imposed deadlines 90% of the time.  I've lost my faith in your company, I sure got my moneys worth out of your game and I feel that is all they care about.

Posted (edited)

I would also like to point out where are all the streamers that play tarkov doing these days.  Oh! Thats right they are playing different games, because they are fed up with making videos that BSG doesn't bother to acknowledge because BSG themselves don't even know what's going on.

Edited by Squirre11y

5 hours ago, Squirre11y said:

Side note, I wonder how buggy Arena and Singleplayer campaign will be considering that they do not internally test any new features or changes they just drop them and expect ETS servers to just catch any issues even though they do not even bother to tell the ETS team what changes they have made.  They state a single thing they want tested when they change dozens of other things as well.  Bad practice through and through. . .

There is no single player campaign wtf are you on about,5000K hours well you got your money's worth as you said yourself so what exactly are you complaining about! As for playing this game as it's intended to be played your not meant to be maxing traders in 24 hours and getting kappa two weeks after wipe like some streamers the game is meant to take a long time to get to end game what is the rush. I play less than 10 hours a week and have no issue catching up.

P.s if you expect people to read the drivel maybe add in some paragraphs!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Do you not realize that this part of the game is only the end game not the whole game?

Id suggest reading the vision of the game its on the forums for everyone to see.  Its there along with the back story and plenty more information.

paragraphs exist to separate ideas when all the of sentences lead to the same point you do not use separate paragraphs unless you are changing the focus of your writing. That whole 8 sentence paragraph thing you're talking about is a high school level writing.  Why don't you go to college and start writing dissertations before you hand out advice.

Edited by Squirre11y
  • Confused 1