Morpho

Magazine check

Morpho

Hello, I noticed in the action trailer, the one USEC operator with the 60 round surefire magazine did a mag check in the game. He pulled out the magazine, looked at the top 2 rounds, and put it back in. Some text popped up saying '59' I'm guessing one in the chamber. of course, it is a full mag, he loaded it, so now you know there is 59+1. Say after that shootout ended, assuming he did not die, if you do a mag check will it also tell you exactly how many you have left? There would be no way to know the EXACT amount, unless you counted your shots, which in a firefight is impossible unless it was just a few round. I guess a good suggestion if nobody thought of it already, would be to show some text saying how heavy the mag feels. Back in my shooting days, when I would do weird shooting drills, I would have to fill mags up with weird numbers ex. 19 rounds, 26 rounds, 12 rounds. I'd figure out which one was which by the weight, and I knew if I had a full 30 rounds in a mag, I'd try to push it down and if it didn't budge, that was the full one. The only reason I am suggesting these nit-picky stuff is all for the sake of realism B|

TheSnikers

There will be small holes in magazine, like IRL, according to devs. So yes, you may also check not-full clips and know how many bullets left.

Kovacs

Display exact number when doing a magcheck could be a skill

First level : Full, Almost Full, Almost Half, Less than Half, Almost Empty, Empty
Second level : approx 30, approx 25, approx 20, and so on (five by five)
Third level : Exact number

Edited by Kovacs
  • Upvote 8

Rebound751
9 minutes ago, Kovacs said:

First level : Full, Almost Full, Almost Half, Less than Half, Almost Empty, Empty

Uuuh I like that idea. Support !

Ayaku

I believe they already said that they removed the writings where it said "59" cause it's not realistic.

Anatoly
1 hour ago, Kovacs said:

Cool idea m8

.Motorola.

I welcome the idea of "progressive skill check" to identify how many bullets you have left, because thats true, as i served  in the military for 4 years, only the most skilled veterans, during shootouts, can keep in mind either how many bullets they fired or  how many bullets they have left.

MadStalker
1 hour ago, Kovacs said:

+1

KREION
1 hour ago, Kovacs said:

Great point there, it would be the coolest approach for ammunition counting in the FPS genre since ever!

vammaane
5 hours ago, Ayaku said:

I believe they already said that they removed the writings where it said "59" cause it's not realistic.

So do i.

Ayaku
5 hours ago, KREION said:

Great point there, it would be the coolest approach for ammunition counting in the FPS genre since ever!

This idea was already in King Kong : The Video Game, which is an old, but really good game for the era :P

Samsevo
7 hours ago, Kovacs said:

that would be cool. and if he could feel the wight difference when the mag is getting low as a perk/skill too :D 

trainfender
7 часов назад, Kovacs сказал:

this will be linked to mastering level of the weapon

• Upvote 6

Alpha-30k

I love that idea. Starting off with "The magazine feels kind of light" vs evolving your guy into "The magazine feels half empty" or something like that. Can't wait!

KREION
1 hour ago, trainfender said:

That is great news, have a nice weekend guys and we hope to see something cool for the new week!

OneEyed_Cat

Please no hud! Checking like in reality is so nice.

Btw theres fps where you cant check the ammo left and its no problem, you just know how many bullets you shoot 

Edited by goodcharly

Sushi
14 hours ago, trainfender said:

Is it possible to have a more visual / intuitive way to show this?

I play a lot of Insurgency, Red Orchestra 2 and other games that describe how much ammo you have, and reading entire phrases  about how much ammo you have is both unintuitive and cluttered. I really hate it, actually. It's both too clunky and too specific if I'm just weighing the mag.

I tried to throw together what I'm talking about. It looks crappy but I hope it gets the point across:

TarkovM4_Mag.thumb.jpg.8b0f4ddf63e44221a

A small icon pops up, half-filled, filled or empty depending on how much ammo you have.

PMAG_gauge_solid.jpg.012955b9095271acb49

• Upvote 5

Europoor
2 hours ago, Sushi said:

I play a lot of Insurgency, Red Orchestra 2 and other games that describe how much ammo you have, and reading entire phrases  about how much ammo you have is both unintuitive and cluttered. I really hate it, actually. It's both too clunky and too specific if I'm just weighing the mag.

A small icon pops up, half-filled, filled or empty depending on how much ammo you have.

seems good for me.

AlexBrSc
13 hours ago, Sushi said:

I tried to throw together what I'm talking about. It looks crappy but I hope it gets the point across:

Agree

Kovacs
22 hours ago, Sushi said:

Plus one

OneEyed_Cat

I dont understand how the devs want to go for realism and insert à hud for ammo count. BF4 in hardcore mode dont display hud for this and all players are happy.

The more hud you put in EFT, the more you'll spoil the feel of immersion and the beauty of the game.

Sushi
11 hours ago, goodcharly said:

I dont understand how the devs want to go for realism and insert à hud for ammo count. BF4 in hardcore mode dont display hud for this and all players are happy.

The more hud you put in EFT, the more you'll spoil the feel of immersion and the beauty of the game.

I know this is off-topic a little but, but I honestly think BF4's hardcore mode is garbage when you're looking for realism. It's okay for challenge, but it's not realistic.

Your soldier is so stupid they cannot tell how many magazines they're carrying in their rig, what firing mode their weapon is set to or how many grenades they have? The whole reason we display these things is to make up for places in video games where we can't give the same tactile input as real life. In real life you can pat along and count your mags at a touch, or feel what fire mode your gun is in, but the same doesn't apply for video games.

Hedloc
On 2/14/2016 at 0:02 PM, Sushi said:

I

actually if you would have fired a weapon you would know that you would switch the actual coloration,(full becomes empty and viceversa) because every mag has a spring at the bottom which pushes the bullets to the top so they can be fed to the weapon!

• Upvote 1

Sushi
4 hours ago, Hedloc said:

actually if you would have fired a weapon you would know that you would switch the actual coloration,(full becomes empty and viceversa) because every mag has a spring at the bottom which pushes the bullets to the top so they can be fed to the weapon!

I have, but I did not think of that actually. Nice.

Greenzilla
On 2/14/2016 at 5:02 PM, Sushi said:

Like! your idea