Sound revamp and sound suggestions

Kaizune

Okay so the sounds in tarkov, guns? sound good sound right
ambiance? pretty okay but a bit TOO quiet seeing tarkov is a warzone, even in peace times most maps would be louder

NOW the sounds of our PMC when doing literally anything even basic movement? unacceptable in all shapes and forms
first off you stomp around
second you take no care on what you walk on and will even make alot of noise on things that would make little to no noise
stealth simply reduces the volume of said sounds rather than creating a different quieter sound (like it would in real life)
your STOMP sound doesnt change much to certain terrain things like trash, clothes and more
there's no dried leaves in alot of forested areas
your guy shoulder checks every bush he comes within 15 feet of
gear on a person doesn't really make sound how it should take nylons, steels, certain rigs with mags in them etc.
A guy packing 12 guns on him is gonna make alot of clacking noises even if its just standing from a crouch because the back straightens and the guns in the bag shift
jars, cans, ammo
shoe type should also influence this
grass I dont care WHO or how fat you are doesnt make that much noise
the base ambiance and such of a forest would be louder
the mere rustling of leaves in the wind or wind against your ears would be enough to cancel that out

your PMC when even walking you can hear that whoever recorded it twisted their foot or even drug it on the ground in each step regardless of the fact that no actual trained PMC would do that except on a day out drunk with the boys
the sounds are simply TOO clear and not really reflective of how one would conduct themselves in the field
now if my PMC was wearing sandals or flip flops I could see having some of the dragging sounds our PMCs make when walking
but that also goes for if a guy is wearing a windbreaker and moving his arms or a ghillie suit making alot of bushy rustling when moving too fast
I say I could go on about this but I dont believe I need to
I hope some of you agree with me and hope to help better this

• Upvote 1

I'm fairy certain Nikita and the devs have already confirmed things about sounds will be changed in time, as they plan to change their audio systems. There will be new sounds and new changed made to the old ones. 

35 minutes ago, Mynewcar1 said:

I'm fairy certain Nikita and the devs have already confirmed things about sounds will be changed in time, as they plan to change their audio systems. There will be new sounds and new changed made to the old ones. 

Man I pretty much heard that being said for everything that is bad in the game , it will be change in time . what time is that ?  actualy now when i think about it in about every Early alpha game i ever played i hear that thing being said " It will be fixed in the future" and you know what half of the time , game goes live , released with the same issues .

• Like 1

well they tried steam audio and it didnt work with their tech and "suposedly" the steam audio team wasnt helping much to sort things out. (tho i more think bsg didnt want other firms to tell them what/how to code their game)

so now we are back to poo audio and them trying to figure out an inhouse solution.

44 minutes ago, Flolelan said:

well they tried steam audio and it didnt work with their tech and "suposedly" the steam audio team wasnt helping much to sort things out. (tho i more think bsg didnt want other firms to tell them what/how to code their game)

so now we are back to poo audio and them trying to figure out an inhouse solution.

The problem and stuff im bitching about is the audio theyve recorded, if you had read my post you would have seen this
the whole audio being out of wack isnt what im talking about here

Edited by Kaizune

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Kaizune:

the whole audio being out of wack isnt what im talking about here

i did read your comment and made an offhand answer.

if u think they didnt care to integrate their unrealsitc sounds correctly what makes you think they are willing to change their audio design at all?

lastly remember: sometimes stuff has to be unrealstic to still be playable. is it unrealstic tho hear people running on grass 50m yes. would it result in better gameplay experinces for most if u only would hear them the last 10m? most likely not since then you lose the chance of counterplay.

the big problem (- the jank directional sound) is that there is currently NO WAY to aproach any pvp stealty since you hitting the smalles brush is audiable 40m or you fotsteps on gras sound like someone performing an rythmic dance performance no mater at what speed you move (as you correctly identified)

yet some decision are made to make fights "fair" for all paticipants.

I think it was said on more than one occasion that the game was not going into a fair direction, and that it was supposed to be an unfair game
I will happily trade fairness for realism
and last I recall that was what a certain head of a game said

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kaizune:

I think it was said on more than one occasion that the game was not going into a fair direction, and that it was supposed to be an unfair game
I will happily trade fairness for realism
and last I recall that was what a certain head of a game said

well everyone can have his/her own opinion on that matter.

mine is id rater hear people full sprinting on gras 50m than getting constantly bombrushed from behind in total silence.

as op tho mentioned some skills should work diferently (sound should be more quiet and not just hearable later when using covert movement etc.) im also onboard with more sounds on different undergrounds (leaves, cloths etc), but keep it still gamey as i dont want to many unhered enemys full sprinting/jogging in silence (even tho it would more ralistic that way)