Jump to content
WAUZZZ8CB4

Linux support?

Recommended Posts

Eremita
20 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Especially, since you are in laptop, this bug could affect you: https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS/issues/112#issuecomment-475065891 – seems that installing 418.56 fixed the issue people had with Vulkan (hence DXVK) games and prime (dual graphics). You probably just want to wait until you have it in your distros repos/ppa, unless you already have this version :)

It's in the canonical PPA, I will test now, hope doesn't mess my distro. At the moment the only game that doesn't work for me with DXVK it's this one, lets see if it is this bug, I will report :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eremita
32 minutes ago, Eremita said:

It's in the canonical PPA, I will test now, hope doesn't mess my distro. At the moment the only game that doesn't work for me with DXVK it's this one, lets see if it is this bug, I will report :)

Same result :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn
8 minutes ago, Eremita said:

Same result :(

418.56?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eremita
40 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

418.56?

Affirmative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn
On 3/31/2019 at 2:17 PM, Eremita said:

Affirmative

Actually, there's one more thing that came to my mind now. Do you have the game (and more importantly, the wine prefix) installed on NTFS drive? If so, can you move the files to a non-NTFS partition? Didn't hear of it with Tarkov explicitly, but generally that seems to cause troubles sometime lately (people on TkG Discord talked about it and Lutris added a warning when installing a game to NTFS explicitly few days ago).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eremita
10 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Actually, there's one more thing that came to my mind now. Do you have the game (and more importantly, the wine prefix) installed on NTFS drive? If so, can you move the files to a non-NTFS partition? Didn't hear of it with Tarkov explicitly, but generally that seems to cause troubles sometime lately (people on TkG Discord talked about it and Lutris added a warning when installing a game to NTFS explicitly few days ago).

No, I installed in a EXT4 partition :(. Remember that without DXVK the game loads well but there is weird artifacts. Only with DXVK the game crashes. Thanks for your help anyway :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eremita

After the last Tarkov update graphical glitches disapeared! (without DXVK). Wih DXVK the game stalls and also almost the KDE, I think that my gpu memory is not enought (2 gb).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eremita
3 hours ago, Eremita said:

After the last Tarkov update graphical glitches disapeared! (without DXVK). Wih DXVK the game stalls and also almost the KDE, I think that my gpu memory is not enought (2 gb).

Arg!, another 70mb update made the glitches appear again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MozhaaakTheSLug

+1 for linux, currently run it through lutris and it actually works!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn

The game continues to work fine throughout patch 11.7 with Lutris/DXVK, but it's worth noting that currently AMD users running mesa's RADV Vulkan Driver may have issues with windows on Factory unless playing with RADV_DEBUG=nohiz. It only affects Factory though, other maps don't have similar graphical issues. I made a bug report for it upstream: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110459 but unfortunately I wasn't able to make a renderdoc capture that was asked yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris
On 4/22/2019 at 2:02 AM, Faalagorn said:

The game continues to work fine throughout patch 11.7 with Lutris/DXVK, but it's worth noting that currently AMD users running mesa's RADV Vulkan Driver may have issues with windows on Factory unless playing with RADV_DEBUG=nohiz. It only affects Factory though, other maps don't have similar graphical issues. I made a bug report for it upstream: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110459 but unfortunately I wasn't able to make a renderdoc capture that was asked yet.

What distro and De and Fps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris

Everyone still getting good performance before I put Linux back on? Deciding between Solus or Manjaro kde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn

 

On 4/23/2019 at 6:11 PM, splitoris said:

What distro and De and Fps?

Arch, i3-wm. With RX 580 and enough RAM it's 60 FPS on pretty much all maps (sometimes dips on shoreline, but it got better with latest patch) and even without DXVK cache almost no stutters, but I do use kernel optimized for minimum latency compiled using the PKGBUILDS in here.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:21 PM, splitoris said:

Everyone still getting good performance before I put Linux back on? Deciding between Solus or Manjaro kde

Virtually no issues (or no issues at all with RADV_DEBUG=nohiz) running on AMD GPU with latest open-source mesa/radv drivers, dxvk, kernel and wine, but it's been like that for a while, so  you probably don't need latest stuff actually, just make sure you can get DXVK to run. Performance could potentially be higher with AMDGPU-pro or open source AMDVLK Vulkan implementation, but I didn't try it, so I can't say about compatibility either

On NVIDIA side, it generally works fine for some, or does not. It worked for my friend for a while but after updating the system compontents and reinstalling the game, something broke and his FPS on Shoreline and Interchange dips to 24 FPS for some reason, despite staying at 60 on Customs et al., plus it resulted in some visual glitches while for @Eremita DXVK doesn't get in-game.

There's also still this issue with DXVK that can affect you in memory-restrained conditions, that recently got some light shed into, but since I have 16 GB RAM I don't experience it personally.

I sincerely hope that with .12 update and new Unity the game will only work better and not worse too, but if they decide to use Vulkan the need for DXVK will be gone and so will the issues with converting shaders (RAM usage, and possible stutters), but we'll see :) (also a native Linux port would be welcome at some point, since Unity generally runs quite fine in Linux natively for some time arleady :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris
Posted (edited)

I went with Arch Kde. I'm running Nvidia 16gb ram. Didn't tweak anything just dxvk with tkg protonfied build 80-120fps smooth on factory. What dxvk tweaks you running? Threaded optimization? State cache?

Edited by splitoris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris

You building the tkg builds or just pulling them from inside lutris? I'm lost in that sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris

Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris

Had to go back to windows 10. Performance is way to inconsistent. One raid would be high Fps 80-120. Next raid 30fps. Idk what it is... May be because I'm on Nvidia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn
On 5/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, splitoris said:

Had to go back to windows 10. Performance is way to inconsistent. One raid would be high Fps 80-120. Next raid 30fps. Idk what it is... May be because I'm on Nvidia.

Sorry for not replaying before, but was busy with other stuff so I didn't browse the forum, but responding to your previous questions – I am personally building both wine and dxvk to get access to new features/bugfixes and hopefully spot regression sooner, but it normally shouldn't be needed – -tkg builds from lutris (regular or -protonofied; shouldn't make difference for EfT explicitly) are all fine, including 4.2 that the lutris launcher currently have, though it probably could be bumped to 4.6 (as 4.7 currently have a patch that breaks mouse control – it runs fine without it but it have to be disabled at compile time – TkG automatically disables it when run with Proton FS patch, so protonified builds may be okay, but hopefully it'll get addressed at the main wine-staging too before next version –more info at the bug report in WineHQ).

As far as your performance goes, it might be the same bug that plagued my friend then, GTX 960 @ 16GB RAM and latest Arch – I'm on AMD side, so it runs fine for me still, and it's hard for me to track it down for Nvidia (I'd have to steal my wife's PC; she has GTX 960 that was affected by this bug :P). On his computer it was hard to troubleshoot it for me at glance – I'll let you know if it'll get fixed for him for sure though :).

On the good side, is that the issue from here got fixed for me – I misjudged it as driver issue, but it turned out to be something that the recent DXVK commit fixed, so it's full performance for me without sacrificing broken windows on Factory lol. Making the game runs pretty much without issues (except maybe few with lancher that might be unique to my system) on AMD's open source drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris
11 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Sorry for not replaying before, but was busy with other stuff so I didn't browse the forum, but responding to your previous questions – I am personally building both wine and dxvk to get access to new features/bugfixes and hopefully spot regression sooner, but it normally shouldn't be needed – -tkg builds from lutris (regular or -protonofied; shouldn't make difference for EfT explicitly) are all fine, including 4.2 that the lutris launcher currently have, though it probably could be bumped to 4.6 (as 4.7 currently have a patch that breaks mouse control – it runs fine without it but it have to be disabled at compile time – TkG automatically disables it when run with Proton FS patch, so protonified builds may be okay, but hopefully it'll get addressed at the main wine-staging too before next version –more info at the bug report in WineHQ).

As far as your performance goes, it might be the same bug that plagued my friend then, GTX 960 @ 16GB RAM and latest Arch – I'm on AMD side, so it runs fine for me still, and it's hard for me to track it down for Nvidia (I'd have to steal my wife's PC; she has GTX 960 that was affected by this bug :P). On his computer it was hard to troubleshoot it for me at glance – I'll let you know if it'll get fixed for him for sure though :).

On the good side, is that the issue from here got fixed for me – I misjudged it as driver issue, but it turned out to be something that the recent DXVK commit fixed, so it's full performance for me without sacrificing broken windows on Factory lol. Making the game runs pretty much without issues (except maybe few with lancher that might be unique to my system) on AMD's open source drivers.

I went back to windows 10 but Ltsc which isn't that bad.... But I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. So if you find out everything is fine or anyone else with Nvidia I'll jump back to my Arch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn
On 5/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, splitoris said:

I went back to windows 10 but Ltsc which isn't that bad.... But I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. So if you find out everything is fine or anyone else with Nvidia I'll jump back to my Arch!

if you are on LTSC then I get why you can tolerate it :P. I'm always running the most recent stuff so hopefully I'll catch Tarkov-specific quirks quicker, though mind me I'm not so knowledgable in DXVK nor wine in genral when it comes to development or properly catching regresion, sadly. Still, both of them are rapidly developing, especially with Valve's blessing, so I suppose the compatibility and errors will be ironed out sooner or later :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris
4 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

if you are on LTSC then I get why you can tolerate it :P. I'm always running the most recent stuff so hopefully I'll catch Tarkov-specific quirks quicker, though mind me I'm not so knowledgable in DXVK nor wine in genral when it comes to development or properly catching regresion, sadly. Still, both of them are rapidly developing, especially with Valve's blessing, so I suppose the compatibility and errors will be ironed out sooner or later :)

Yes but Linux is just better lol. Dxvk keeps getting updated quickly. I think this week I'll pull ssd off my GFS PC that she doesn't use. Put Salient os on that to mess with more without distrubing my w10. 

Do you run vsync on in game but off in GPU settings? On w10 you do that to have uncapped fps in game.

Anyone else been playing on Linux?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn
6 hours ago, splitoris said:

Yes but Linux is just better lol. Dxvk keeps getting updated quickly. I think this week I'll pull ssd off my GFS PC that she doesn't use. Put Salient os on that to mess with more without distrubing my w10. 

Do you run vsync on in game but off in GPU settings? On w10 you do that to have uncapped fps in game.

Anyone else been playing on Linux?

Off, but I use the 60 frames cap in the game anyway :).

There's been a few people playing from that thread, Lutris says there's 42 people who have used the script (not sure if it counts unregistered people as well, or only registered accounts), there's been a videos floating youtube and at least one unique person commenting under DXVK issue plus someone who made the Lutris script, so I say there's not much, but a few people playing here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris

Any progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faalagorn
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, splitoris said:

Any progress?

Well, the wine-staging mouse regression is gone, so that only affected wine-staging-git for a while, I have less issues with launcher, thanks to probably wine's better treatment of Chromium Embedded Framework and as of writing, DXVK went to 1.1.1 with quite some optimizations, fixes (one of which was my driver issue) and some useful features compared to 1.0 and is in constant development too.

Winetricks also had my fixes to download newer VisualC++ Redistributables 2013 and 2017 which are used by the launcher, though I doubt that changes anything in particular, but is always nice to have

I (or anyone for the matter) didn't update EFT script, so it still uses tkg-4.2, but it's safe to change it to whatever the most recent version of wine(-staging) you want :)

I didn't test Nvidia, but there were some drivers released recently with fixes of course. 

Generally, if you want to try, I suggest you use this https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS to install latest wine, winetricks and nvidia drivers on Arch-based distro. There's also a really helpful Discord if you need help linked in the project description, where the author of the projects and several other helpful people hang :). If you still have crashes or will have performance issues or glitches, take a look at DXVK options here in dxvk.conf – instructions here https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/wiki/Configuration

 

EDIT: Or if you meant the EfT progress with native linux support, then I would love to know that too :D. We were teased by the Unity 2018.3.8 screenshot on Instagram and I think twitter too: 

 so hopefully with newer Unity the Vulkan renderer will be re-evaluated and possibly the native Linux support too, as it shouldn't be hard to enable if they use Vulkan, especially since they plan to use already multiplatform Steam Audio plugin for sound which works on Linux  :)

Edited by Faalagorn
EDIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
splitoris
18 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Well, the wine-staging mouse regression is gone, so that only affected wine-staging-git for a while, I have less issues with launcher, thanks to probably wine's better treatment of Chromium Embedded Framework and as of writing, DXVK went to 1.1.1 with quite some optimizations, fixes (one of which was my driver issue) and some useful features compared to 1.0 and is in constant development too.

Winetricks also had my fixes to download newer VisualC++ Redistributables 2013 and 2017 which are used by the launcher, though I doubt that changes anything in particular, but is always nice to have

I (or anyone for the matter) didn't update EFT script, so it still uses tkg-4.2, but it's safe to change it to whatever the most recent version of wine(-staging) you want :)

I didn't test Nvidia, but there were some drivers released recently with fixes of course. 

Generally, if you want to try, I suggest you use this https://github.com/Tk-Glitch/PKGBUILDS to install latest wine, winetricks and nvidia drivers on Arch-based distro. There's also a really helpful Discord if you need help linked in the project description, where the author of the projects and several other helpful people hang :). If you still have crashes or will have performance issues or glitches, take a look at DXVK options here in dxvk.conf – instructions here https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/wiki/Configuration

 

EDIT: Or if you meant the EfT progress with native linux support, then I would love to know that too :D. We were teased by the Unity 2018.3.8 screenshot on Instagram and I think twitter too: 

 so hopefully with newer Unity the Vulkan renderer will be re-evaluated and possibly the native Linux support too, as it shouldn't be hard to enable if they use Vulkan, especially since they plan to use already multiplatform Steam Audio plugin for sound which works on Linux  :)

For the tkg builds. Your just pulling those from inside lutris right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2