WAUZZZI

Linux support?

Faalagorn
On 11/5/2019 at 11:59 PM, ViRazY said:

Thought I would throw a quick status update in here:
Now with 0.12, the game launches again and it is possible to do all kinds of offline and stash/hideout stuff. As soon as you try to enter an online raid BattlEye kicks in and you need to restart your game. There were some mouse and keyboard focus issues last time I checked, but maybe they are fixed already or you need to use the virtual desktop which appears to be working alright most of the time. :)

Indeed – the mouse and keyboard issue was mostly related to forcing game to run borderless or windowed in game options and didn't work with my custom wine, but since it did work with lutris's 4.7-tkg wine from the installer, I didn't troubleshoot it further. Also, one of the patch gave access to exclusive fullscreen, so that might changed things a little as well.

There's a slight delay for BattlEye to kick in, so it's sometimes possible to rush to exit as Scav on factory with run through status – you can then transfer the stuff without issues, but after that an error kicks in and you need to restart whole game.

Other than that, you can spawn into raid as PMC and get skill progress from getting hit or running a few meters and get XP from examining items, but it's hard enough to get to level 5 for flea market from that alone since you only have access to level 1 traders and Fence.

ChaosRifle

I would like to put my voice in backing linux support for Tarkov, its currently the only thing keeping me from full-time linux. I know in about 2016 a russian news outlet interviewed Niki and linux support was mentioned, but I do hope this is coming soon.

Obligitory rant about Beye: To be honnest I would have preferred no Beye and linux support to Beye. (I come from ArmA, and have extensive experience with other titles 'protected' by battleye and it /always/ gets bypassed. Beye will work to stop cheats until a free weekend, and then never work again, to the point in ArmA one of the cheat client makers started selling an anticheat software for your servers, because it was better, and lighter performance hit than Beye.) I always feel I am being shot in dark areas playing sneaky that I know cant be seen normally in night raids (assuming reshade users) and almost never suspect overt cheats, the exception was labs. that sucked.

TLDR for rant: I had five instances of cheating occur to me or a friend that was clear and obvious. I would take that in a heart beat to get linux support native, so if by chance devs do watch this thread, my post is really just to push you faster towards native, or at very least keep that in the cards for later.

• Upvote 2

rcd
On 7/29/2019 at 9:03 AM, robbierobinson said:

Sorry for the wait. I was out of town for a wedding this weekend.

This solution requires Windows 10 to be installed/run on the local PC. I haven't done a lot of test to check if a VM would or not. I also played Tarkov on the Win10 partition. I'm not sure if it's 100% necessary.

• Open Regedit
  • Export the following keys/branches and save to your choice of media (HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER)
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM\RegisteredProfiles
    • HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ICM\RegisteredProfiles 
    • HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces 
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings 
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\DefaultConnectionSettings
    • (All required keys should recursively export as well. Double check after importing into Wine)
  • Boot into your Linux distro of choice
  • Install EFT via the Lutris installer
  • Import registry keys via Lutris (right side there is a Wine Registry option)
  • Set wine version to tkg-4.5-unity (I HAVE tested others and they do work, this is what I used to test most often)
  • Set DXVK to 1.3.1
  • Set Windows version to Windows 7
  • Be ready for a crash or two. Once these are out of the way, I had no other issues.

Hopefully this process works for others as it has worked for me. I am still testing currently and seeing which keys are absolutely necessary but I'm unsure how exact I'll get. If this works for other, we will most likely just leave it as it is. 

@qtarantino  At that time I was testing the newest Vulkan beta drivers to see if there was a difference or not. Currently I am using 430.34 and it is working fine as well.

If this works, please let me know!

I also want to throw some credit out there to those who helps get to this point! Without their help I wouldn't have found this solution.

@JonnyTeronni

@Faalagorn

@ViRazY

I don't have exact same keys on those paths you mentioned. OS: Windows 10. But no "Windows NT" folder. Need some help with getting/genereting those values.

ViRazY

@rcd you don't need to do all that anymore. That was to get rid of issues with their old in-house anticheat called "sabreclaw". Now they are using BattlEye, which makes it impossible to play this game online. Just use wine-tkg from lutris (I recommend building it from source) to get rid of launch issues and don't use DXVK 1.5 or higher for now since it crashes the launcher. "Offline" stuff like managing your stash and hideout, playing around with the flea market as well as the offline works that way and it runs really well.

Whisper006

Dang so I just bought the game for nothing. I don't even care if they have full Linux support I just wish they would make it run-able through wine ;-;

ViRazY

Linux support is planned! Confirmed in todays podcast:

• Upvote 2

Whisper006
On 1/31/2020 at 10:48 AM, ViRazY said:

Linux support is planned! Confirmed in todays podcast:

but when? I've been dying to play this game lmao

• Thanks 1

ViRazY

No idea. I'm afraid we have to wait for another podcast to have an opportunity to ask about it.

Klosteinmann
Am 11.12.2019 um 02:59 schrieb ChaosRifle:

stop cheats until a free weekend, and then never work again, to the point in ArmA one of the cheat client makers started selling an anticheat software for your servers

People will always find their way arround automated systems that ban you best that any game can do is let cheaters play against cheaters without them noticing. Any other thing you do is worthless people are gonna create new accounts as soon as they find out.

The anti-cheat systems are well documented and people can find ways arround them in no time so to make it easier for BSG which pays fees for this would be to completly dump Anti-Cheat for the next builds and find a way to identify cheaters from normal players.

Edited by Klosteinmann
  • Upvote 1

flan-flan

It's a real shame that it doesn't run through Wine or whatever anymore...

My current set up is basically hooking up a spare laptop that runs win10 to my monitor and keyboard etc to play the game that way but it really just isn't the same. Can't get great FPS out of it either...

At least I can still mess with my inventory and stuff...

ChaosRifle

only thing keeping me having a windows install at all is tarkov. all other things i can do linux already. thankfully recently linux was mentioned in a stream, so seems to not be dead. yay!

SilverFox41
Posted (edited)

I would buy this game if it got Linux support.

Edited by SilverFox41
grammar
  • Like 1