Sign in to follow this  
ninjamas

Crafting?

ninjamas

I've been watching pre-alpha gameplay, and I was wondering if there would be crafting. Now what I mean by crafting is building items, not necessarily modding weapons.

Think building shelters, walls, etc. I think this would significantly add to the immersion and realism.

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I have looked over the FAQ and didn't see an answer to this question.

Thank you for your time! :uhappy:

Kovacs
3 minutes ago, ninjamas said:

I have looked over the FAQ and didn't see an answer to this question

Yeah, suuure

Q.Will there be an item crafting in the game?
A.The game is going to feature crafting, but not in the classic game meaning of this word. You won’t be able to make a machinegun out of wooden plank, duct tape and screws. The weapons can only be assembled from the real weapon parts, e.g. you can assemble the AK74M only if you find all of its details (mag, receiver, dust cover, bolt, barrel, etc).
Apart from weapons, there will be other items to combine as well.

Elitepwnsface

Would be neat to see maybe something in free roam ,but i kinda doubt it will exist at launch of the game.

AlexBrSc

Remember, the main objective in the game is to escape, not survive.

Recontiger94

Use the search feature, and read the FAQs.

Craft what exactly? You wont be living in Tarkov. Things like IEDs, Guerrilla mags, and other items like this would be awesome. As far as rust type stuff? No.

ninjamas
1 hour ago, Kovacs said:

Q.Will there be an item crafting in the game?
A.The game is going to feature crafting, but not in the classic game meaning of this word. You won’t be able to make a machinegun out of wooden plank, duct tape and screws. The weapons can only be assembled from the real weapon parts, e.g. you can assemble the AK74M only if you find all of its details (mag, receiver, dust cover, bolt, barrel, etc).
Apart from weapons, there will be other items to combine as well.

/\ This only goes over WEAPON crafting, something I already went over. \/

1 hour ago, ninjamas said:

Now what I mean by crafting is building items, not necessarily modding weapons.

Also, do you have to be so ill-mannered? 

1 hour ago, ninjamas said:

I apologize if this question has already been answered

ninjamas
4 minutes ago, Recontiger94 said:

Use the search feature, and read the FAQs.

Craft what exactly? You wont be living in Tarkov. Things like IEDs, Guerrilla mags, and other items like this would be awesome. As far as rust type stuff? No.

I think it would be cool to see basic shelters and other things like that in forests and valleys, but yeah not too much focus on that kind of crafting, more like explosives, traps, useful non-modification items.

Recontiger94
Just now, ninjamas said:

I think it would be cool to see basic shelters and other things like that in forests and valleys, but yeah not too much focus on that kind of crafting, more like explosives, traps, useful non-modification items.

Shelter for what? You are fleeing literally the entire time.

As in, you are in an area for under 2 hours. You are on the run 100% of the time, trying to Escape from Tarkov.

ninjamas
3 minutes ago, Recontiger94 said:

Shelter for what? You are fleeing literally the entire time.

As in, you are in an area for under 2 hours. You are on the run 100% of the time, trying to Escape from Tarkov.

This is a realistic, survival game, no? So eventually you will become tired. I'm not talking about fallout 4 settlements, i'm talking about shelters useful for when travelling from town to town.

NekoTheGamer
39 minutes ago, ninjamas said:

This is a realistic, survival game, no? So eventually you will become tired. I'm not talking about fallout 4 settlements, i'm talking about shelters useful for when travelling from town to town.

yes this is a realistic game but where does it state in anyway that this is a survival game? if you don't understand by obvious reasons by now that the only crafting in this game is weapon modding.

NekoTheGamer

it also says on the about page that EFT is quote " Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough." no survival said in that statement

ninjamas
2 hours ago, ninjamas said:

I was wondering if there would be crafting

2 minutes ago, NekoTheGamer said:

yes this is a realistic game but where does it state in anyway that this is a survival game? if you don't understand by obvious reasons by now that the only crafting in this game is weapon modding.

I was asking a question. I read through the FAQ and saw nothing on the type of crafting I have talked about. The only reason i'm posting in this forum is because i'm asking questions beyond the FAQ to increase my knowledge of this game.

IggyPott
50 minutes ago, ninjamas said:

What towns bro ??

ninjamas
6 minutes ago, NekoTheGamer said:

it also says on the about page that EFT is quote " Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough." no survival said in that statement

On the same page is this: 'Feel your character via health and physical characteristics, including hydration, energy, blood pressure, bloodloss, fractures, contusion, toxication, exhaustion, tremors and so on.'

And this: 'Treat yourself, your gear and weapons properly. Apply the large variety of medicines to stay alive and focused. Repair your armor, firearms and cold steel. Purify water and sort out your food rations.'

Seems like they are implying staying alive is an important aspect, and crafting items to improve living conditions would be a nice mechanic.

ninjamas
2 minutes ago, IggyPott said:

What towns bro ??

On the ABOUT section it says this: Explore many of the unique and authentic locations of Tarkov city and it’s suburbs: citizen blocks, chemical plant area, AA military base, the heart of Tarkov city, private living zone and others in realtime weather conditions and time of day changes.

Alright, so it may not be 'town to town' per se, but area to area. Hopefully a large map, also.

Recontiger94

Everything that you are speculating is incorrect, and is answered in the FAQs up to an including map sizes.

• Upvote 1

ninjamas
14 hours ago, Recontiger94 said:

Everything that you are speculating is incorrect, and is answered in the FAQs up to an including map sizes.

Speculating? The only reason I ask these questions and add in my OPINION is because the faq's DO NOT suitably answer my questions. Unanswered questions leave room for assumptions and speculations until said question is answered. Also, while a map size is objective, how big it feels is relative. For me personally the Just Cause 2 map is a medium size, but some find it massive.

Can we both agree to stop this quarreling and move on? I don't anticipate my crafting question will be answered anytime soon, so lets shake hands and go our ways. (I'll even let you have the last word should you want that).

Thanks to everyone in this thread for adding your opinion and advising me. I will no longer be posting in this thread. :uhappy:

Sushi

Someone on the Tarkov Reddit made a comparison of Tarkov maps vs some other games. Just about "Rust" sized maps.

There's two game modes we're aware of so far, raid and free-roam. When you die, you're kicked from that server until a raid ends (which is supposed to take around an hour for a story-based raid.) So that very limited duration for a given instance makes things like shelters and larger types of crafting unlikely in my mind. The devs also likely want to keep combat mobile and the environment is heavily urban, so crafting shelter won't be such a priority.

For free roam, if there's a mechanic that prevents you from rejoining the same server once killed, it would also make player buildings unnecessary.

There's a possibility you could see squad-style building with sandbags, improvised barriers or bunkers but that's the most I could imagine personally. It'd be balanced with the existence of rockets and other explosive weapons in the game.

TheTrainStation

3 modes in total actually. :3 Don't forget about the arena mode. :3