Price_Of_Valor

Medical System

Price_Of_Valor
1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I'd point you at the advanced config options for ACE3 in ArmA 3 if you're looking for an excuse to play with a system similar to what you described - they have a whole slew of bandaging options, IV blood replenishment, possibility for OD if too much morphine/epi/etc. is applied, and whatnot all else.

The short answer to your original question is that the devs have not provided the details of the medical system yet, beyond hinting that it's intended to be rather comprehensive and in-depth. I doubt we'll see them drop too much relevant info here on forums, as it would be prime content for a dev diary-style release.

ACE3 is definitely a more complex system, and I think it's a great step forward it in that regard!  On the other hand, that's all it really does; make it more complex.  All it is, is made up interactions that you have to learn that have no realism attributed to it.  Item A nonsensically treats injury x, item B nonsensically treats injury y, and so on.  And that's fine, I'm grateful for what it is as it is better than any alternative.  I just think there is so much more room for improvement.

With that said, Im a patient man.  The developers will do what they believe is best -- as it should be.  My question will be answered eventually, by the developers or through the finished game, and that's more than fine with me.

• Upvote 1

Sushi
On 2/22/2016 at 0:18 PM, Dutchman said:

ACE3 is definitely a more complex system, and I think it's a great step forward it in that regard!  On the other hand, that's all it really does; make it more complex. 

I kinda feel like this sums up Arma in general.