Sign in to follow this  
IH23

Alpha/Beta illegal pic takings!

IH23

you guys talk about no photos being taken about Alpha and Beta testing or they will be punished (how ever you guys want to punish them) Also there may be a auto system in alpha beta that tells you guys who took a snip of screen etc. But how are you going to catch people that use their phones or camcorder to record footage of Alpha and Beta testings? and how do you suggest to catch them? i myself cant think of this as it is outside the whole game and cannot be traced.

TheSnikers

I know only one way to prevent such things, it was used in TESO alpha (or beta, I forgot already). There were small black and white player's nickname in th screen. They were plased like in chess board. 

IH23
48 minutes ago, TheSnikers said:

I know only one way to prevent such things, it was used in TESO alpha (or beta, I forgot already). There were small black and white player's nickname in th screen. They were plased like in chess board. 

well i doubt EFT will use it, i want to know their thoughts on this

Kabbz
58 minutes ago, TheSnikers said:

I have seen other alphas / betas use this before. Seems to work!

MUNKYSTOMPU

I've been involved in other Alpha and Beta testing before and they will most likely have your player tag on the screen but that can easily be cropped and framed out. What it boils down to is signing NDA's and relying on the honor system. Hopefully people will adhere to their rules and not piss off the devs that are building a game for them to play.

• Upvote 1

Kabbz
13 minutes ago, MUNKYSTOMPU said:

I've been involved in other Alpha and Beta testing before and they will most likely have your player tag on the screen but that can easily be cropped and framed out. What it boils down to is signing NDA's and relying on the honor system. Hopefully people will adhere to their rules and not piss off the devs that are building a game for them to play.

Yeah i was thinking of the honor system, but not sure if people would follow that these days. 

Patfast

I was in the Hitman closed alpha, and it showed a big black/white box at the top of your screen which contained your username. However, given that I was successfully able to upload about 3 dozen separate videos, I'm doubting the effectiveness of said system.

• Upvote 2

Recontiger94
10 hours ago, Patfast said:

I was in the Hitman closed alpha, and it showed a big black/white box at the top of your screen which contained your username. However, given that I was successfully able to upload about 3 dozen separate videos, I'm doubting the effectiveness of said system.

I was about to say, You could literally just crop the name out. There has got to be SOME way to do it without screwing up the testing part.

IH23

there will be people who want to leak things out and they will try their best for sure, maybe get fame etc

enigmatic
2 hours ago, IH23 said:

there will be people who want to leak things out and they will try their best for sure, maybe get fame etc

yes, the way I see it, it is inevitable that someone or some people will post Alpha game footage on Youtube or other sites. The Star Wars Battlefront closed Alpha had a "No Publicity" NDA for theirs as well as I saw at least 5 youtubers leaking Alpha footage and screenshots during that time. 

As for the EFT Beta, I don't believe there is Non-Disclosure Agreement? Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'm almost sure popular YouTubers will be free to publicize the game at this point.

Frantic
4 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

As for the EFT Beta, I don't believe there is Non-Disclosure Agreement?

True, NDA is applied on Alpha only but I'm pretty sure videos/screens/info will pop out on day1.
I can imagine on popular game sites "Leaked alpha footage from EFT" here "Leaked screenshots" there..

Anyway we have to got into the game first and then we'll see.. 

Kovacs

Guys, did you ever hear about steganography ?

Keza

I can understand the Battlestategames do not want players to disclose any information of the game during alpha stage. It may be a bad representation of the final game....but to resort to subliminal info? Sure that is very well possible,perhaps even not that hard too.

In the end the net effect is that that player is probably banned for life. But the damage would have been done anyway.

The honor system could, should work...

Sushi

So, when there's an NDA on alpha content, does that mean someone can't record / take pictures and release them when the NDA is lifted later on?

Alpha-30k

Don't do it! xD So many people trying to ask questions about every little possible loop hole for recording footage. Just...don't...do it xD Wait until the NDA is over broski and THEN you can post to your heart's content.

FiaBio

Why the hell ppl need to break NDA and upload some pics/vids from closed Alpha?

Stupid one-day internet heroes...

• Upvote 1

Meastro
5 minutes ago, Rettsu said:

Maybe because other people that dont have access to the alpha want to see how it looks. Dont be that guy now. I agree that if you sign an NDA you should follow the rules. Lets face it tho, thats not gonna happen and you know it.

obsidione

I bet my fingers as on the alpha / beta there will be people streaming on Twitch !! :bewhatev:

• Upvote 1

Kabbz
27 minutes ago, obsidione said:

I bet my fingers as on the alpha / beta there will be people streaming on Twitch !! :bewhatev:

Well then we can only feel sorry for those people who spent their money in vain :( 

• Upvote 1

Kovacs

Why ban them ? Just put their account on a "Forever Rats" list. They will be condamned to be KOS by everyone and everything.

Meastro
1 hour ago, Kovacs said:

Why ban them ? Just put their account on a "Forever Rats" list. They will be condamned to be KOS by everyone and everything.

That's kinda cruel dont you think? How are they gonna enjoy their product if that would to take place? 
A tag system/watermark is possible to have, with a digital fingerprint of the users nickname, etc etc.

Starlight
9 hours ago, Kovacs said:

Guys, did you ever hear about steganography ?

Yes, I heard that it doesn't work when you use lossy compression and screw up the raw pixel data (e.g., .jpg, .mp4, etc.).

Kovacs
2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Yes, I heard that it doesn't work when you use lossy compression and screw up the raw pixel data (e.g., .jpg, .mp4, etc.).

Oooh you will be surprise of what we (programmers) can do. Sure basic stenography work with raw data but there are different techniques (with sound frequency, dots hide in image, and so on).

4 hours ago, PsyPoppa said:

That's kinda cruel dont you think? How are they gonna enjoy their product if that would to take place? 
A tag system/watermark is possible to have, with a digital fingerprint of the users nickname, etc etc.

They break the NDA, they pay the price. Just a definitive ban is to soft IMO. 

Edited by Kovacs
  • Upvote 1

Shahid
10 час назад, Rettsu сказал:

It's not about heroes I think. It's all about money. Yeah. Once again.

You have a youtube channel with a partnership system....

And with an alpha footage you will have a unique content. A content that many ppl want to see.

Profit?

-----------

It's IMHO, cuz I rly don't know why else they are doing this every CAT/CBT with NDA.