Sign in to follow this  
IH23

Alpha/Beta illegal pic takings!

Dimidrol_sbk

I am just going to leave this here. Guys this is supposed to be somewhat of a public service announcement.

Do not leak any content. For everyone who intends to stream, post youtube videos, post pictures and gameplay. I ask you not to do so. As soon as were allowed to publish EFT content feel free to do with it what you so desire. But as long as the alpha only shows an "unfinished" game it could ruin peoples opinions because they might think that the game isnt great or what they imagined it to be even though it is not complete yet.

So let us all be patient and stay a great community and support the Devs so we can enjoy a great game.

Edited by dimi1000
  • Upvote 1

Starlight
4 hours ago, Kovacs said:

Oooh you will be surprise of what we (programmers) can do. Sure basic stenography work with raw data but there are different techniques (with sound frequency, dots hide in image, and so on).

I'm well aware of the options available for steganography, I work in a related field. Just pointing out that most of the places that crypto data is stored for steganography purposes (low-end bits, unused portions of color/audio spectra, etc.) are also the places that are aggressively culled by lossy compression, which is used on most popular video upload sites like youtube. For screenshot purposes it becomes much more viable (especially in lossless formats like .png), but unless you took the time to develop a steganographic payload that was designed to be preserved through lossy audio/video compression for video uploads, you're going to lose the vast majority of the relevant data payload.

Golde

it's called watermarking, I believe evolve beta was most intensive with that. I mean, it's inevitable that someone's gonna try to leak, so might as well not have the giant red texts over the screen to ruin our immersion. 

Greenzilla
7 hours ago, dimi1000 said:

I am just going to leave this here. Guys this is supposed to be somewhat of a public service announcement.

Do not leak any content. For everyone who intends to stream, post youtube videos, post pictures and gameplay. I ask you not to do so. As soon as were allowed to publish EFT content feel free to do with it what you so desire. But as long as the alpha only shows an "unfinished" game it could ruin peoples opinions because they might think that the game isnt great or what they imagined it to be even though it is not complete yet.

So let us all be patient and stay a great community and support the Devs so we can enjoy a great game.

I really like your idea!