Jump to content

Clarification of Game Modes / Open World


Recommended Posts

Natalino
2 minutes ago, Jafar said:

Are u saying that's AI may pop up like in an endless wave?

no man. He is asking how does it work?  and then telling you that it is unsure yet. So basically an answer for your question with a question. And like he said, scavs are not counted in the 2-8 PMCs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Drakkaar

    14

  • SUPER-MAN

    7

  • CMBelite-FR

    6

  • Kwahamot

    6

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope this helps a bit

Hello sir Raids = story mode, where you have to complete each raid to open the next one. Raids have an entrance and the Exit point. The average time for the raid is 1,5 hours. You can revisi

You can go and play the free roam mode, or replay any of the completed raids.

Posted Images

CloneWarrior85

According to the FAQ + a few posts around the forum:

 - Missions can have 12 PMCs (BEAR/USEC) + unknown number of Scavs (not counting NPCs). The number of Scavs is still being tested.

 - The teams can be unbalanced, example: 8 BEAR vs 4 USEC.

 - Freeroam can handle up to 64 players.

 

Mission maps are smaller to accommodate the smaller number of players.

 

Everything can change as development goes, user feedback, etc. just like my information can be outdated (hard to keep track on the dates of every post, etc.).

Edited by CloneWarrior85
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
1 hour ago, Jafar said:

Are u saying that's AI may pop up like in an endless wave?

That's what I'm wondering yes.. As it would cause a constant threat, if say only a maximum of 5 AI scav spawn and you kill 5, and only 2 player scavs* and you kill them 2.. you roam alone and there's no threat.. Literally count out how many scavs and you know if you're good.

But they should be replaced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SUPER-MAN
54 minutes ago, Drakkaar said:

That's what I'm wondering yes.. As it would cause a constant threat, if say only a maximum of 5 AI scav spawn and you kill 5, and only 2 player scavs* and you kill them 2.. you roam alone and there's no threat.. Literally count out how many scavs and you know if you're good.

But they should be replaced.

Or we can expect that the number of AI scav is directly linked by the number of real player ? If we are 3/8 in game we may encounter X AI scav but if we are 8/8 we ll surely encounter Y (more) AI scav.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Minotaurus
On 13.7.2016 at 1:28 PM, CMBelite-FR said:

looks like raids will only have between 2-8 PMC ( including player scavs ??) + Scavs bots

The free roam server should handle 64 PMC

 

eft_alpha_interface_raid_2.jpg

This pic loook Pretty for me :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you choose whether you want to start the mission during the day or night, or is that PM/AM checkbox only meant to change the clock format on the left?

Link to post
Share on other sites
SUPER-MAN
2 hours ago, MBOmnis said:

Can you choose whether you want to start the mission during the day or night, or is that PM/AM checkbox only meant to change the clock format on the left?

Mmmh good question. Maybe time is based on server time ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
6 hours ago, MBOmnis said:

Can you choose whether you want to start the mission during the day or night, or is that PM/AM checkbox only meant to change the clock format on the left?

As far as i understand it, the time is all handled server side, and its the same across all instances at that very moment.  Its  explained in their May 18th stream i do believe

Link to post
Share on other sites
Minotaurus

WHY Arena .... make a Deathmatch Server!!!! 1vs1 sorry but, What shoud that bring? I dont  understand that? Why  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
52 minutes ago, Minotaurus said:

WHY Arena .... make a Deathmatch Server!!!! 1vs1 sorry but, What shoud that bring? I dont  understand that? Why  

You know when people say "1v1 me bro"  This is the ultimate 1v1, no need to make it 10vs10 or 15vs15, do that in Free-roam, will make for interesting encounters too if battles get that big as it'll seem like a small urban war going on xD.. I do believe they will have 2v2 maybe 3v3 maybe even 5v5 for small tactical team fights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SUPER-MAN
42 minutes ago, Drakkaar said:

You know when people say "1v1 me bro"  This is the ultimate 1v1, no need to make it 10vs10 or 15vs15, do that in Free-roam, will make for interesting encounters too if battles get that big as it'll seem like a small urban war going on xD.. I do believe they will have 2v2 maybe 3v3 maybe even 5v5 for small tactical team fights.

will it have 1vs5? BECAUSE some of us count as 5 lel

Edited by Jafar
Link to post
Share on other sites
Zoraxon

There should also be an arcade mode, that acts like the normal raids, but with reduced yields and no permadeath, link found below. I plan on poking around here before a raid to train! 

To Tarkov! :cannedmilk:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
1 minute ago, Zoraxon said:

There should also be an arcade mode, that acts like the normal raids, but with reduced yields and no permadeath, link found below. I plan on poking around here before a raid to train! 

To Tarkov! :cannedmilk:

 

They have 3rd person servers, separate from 1st person ones and with no progression(Completing a raid won't unlock the next one.)

Also, not 100% sure if you can stash loot from these servers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So once uve done with all the Raids or whatever u call them (all 10) u get acess to the free roam right ? how does it work if u die in free roam ? do u random respawn on the map or u respawn nearbye ? how do u log and stash ur items in the stash thing ?? And from what ive heard if u "combat log" ur character will stay on the server , how do u log out them ? do u need to go to a safe area or something ? and how does the lockers or vault things that were 1x2 3x3 3x4 from what ive hear, can u place them on a server to store some items in that will be there forever ?? and only u got acess to that vault/locker thing ??? And also if u are in free roam how do u get into a raid again ? u talk to a Npc or something ? and the items u loot in the raid can u bring it back into free roam and stash it etc ??? :) just some questions im really would like to be answered , thnx have a nice day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
10 minutes ago, Kp57 said:

So once uve done with all the Raids or whatever u call them (all 10) u get acess to the free roam right ? how does it work if u die in free roam ? do u random respawn on the map or u respawn nearbye ? how do u log and stash ur items in the stash thing ?? And from what ive heard if u "combat log" ur character will stay on the server , how do u log out them ? do u need to go to a safe area or something ? and how does the lockers or vault things that were 1x2 3x3 3x4 from what ive hear, can u place them on a server to store some items in that will be there forever ?? and only u got acess to that vault/locker thing ??? And also if u are in free roam how do u get into a raid again ? u talk to a Npc or something ? and the items u loot in the raid can u bring it back into free roam and stash it etc ??? :) just some questions im really would like to be answered , thnx have a nice day 

We don't have all the specific information, I'd expect this stuff to be ironed out during Open Beta just before release (They've stated we won't have access to Free Roam in Closed Alpha).

If you die in free-roam I assume you would be brought to the main screen, have the option of choosing one of your 2 other PMC's as I believe there will be a small "cooldown" to a dead character (NOT CONFIRMED) Just going based off what I saw during the streams when a character had a timer.

Logging/Stashing items - Either 1 of 2 things (or a combination) You will have to find an NPC in a specific area to bring drop items into stash, although this creates a chokepoint for campers and greifers. Second option is there are designated "leave" zones, similar to raids and you must "leave" to safely stash items, although this still creates choke spots for campers if there's enough of them it might not matter too much as you have options and it does create unique scenarios (Scout before you do something)

Combat Logging is a no go - If you loggout your character stays stationary and will remain there until you log back in, the character is vulnerable to being killed. I expect it to work the same in Free Roam as it does in Raids.   Safe Area sounds about right, or as I stated above there might be certain exit points.  The "lockers" that you are mentioning are Secured Containers.  These secure containers cannot be looted off people, nor can they be "dropped" in the game world, they stay on the character, anything in them will continue through death (Respawn the character and the items will still be in the Secure Container) since it's small it'll only really be useful for a select few items such as the in-game currency, ammo etc.

If you are in Free Roam you must safely "leave" the area as mentioned above, then you can access stash (Through the main menu) Then select the raid you wish to join just as before.

 

Items you find in Raids OR in Free Roam are all able to be stored in your Stash as long as you do not die and leave the area safely.  

Hopefully I've answered your questions adequately, please try and space them out a bit more or make points.

1. Question 1

2. Question 2  etc     just makes for easier reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez ur a legend xD the fast response is real boys .. haha , well done mod :P thanks for all the info just some follow up question to clearify just cuz i really wonder about theese specific things so 

1. the "lockers" are just as a tiny stash where u can store just a few items that u really dont wanna loose upon death ? that sounds like a good idea imo

2. So if noone is around and u decide to log in a house etc , its not possible ? or i mean it is but u will still be on the server technically ? so what u gotta do is walk to a safe area as i assume is a safe zone ? maybe a base or something where there are some traders and other stuff ? 

3. And also what u could do is u find a gun then u log and instant stash it ? So could u bring any item in to the free roam world ? lets say i stash an Ak47 , then i die , when i deicde to respawn lets say on another character or the same (dosnt matter) i could bring that ak in to play with ? 

3. Another question i got on my mind , if u go into a raid and u find a gun or whatever , can u bring that out to the free roam ? I mean i guess thats the point of "replaying" a raid , unless they are funny as duck , but idk what a raid is really , heard something about u need to find a key , once uve done it u can escape , but is that the point of the raid ? or is there different types of raids ? :P

 

Thanks for the detailed answers and fast respond :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Octosnake
On 7/15/2016 at 10:20 PM, Drakkaar said:

You know when people say "1v1 me bro"  This is the ultimate 1v1, no need to make it 10vs10 or 15vs15, do that in Free-roam, will make for interesting encounters too if battles get that big as it'll seem like a small urban war going on xD.. I do believe they will have 2v2 maybe 3v3 maybe even 5v5 for small tactical team fights.

A one life high stakes Urban Warfare elimination with 15x15 players would be freaking epic as hell. Balance the risk vs. reward by making it a bare map. No loot, no ammo. You bring it into "the ring" and you stand to loose everything. That'll curb any worries of making that the sole game mode this death match. That massive risk would make people think twice about risking all of their hard earned and LIMITED gear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
3 hours ago, Kp57 said:

Jeez ur a legend xD the fast response is real boys .. haha , well done mod :P thanks for all the info just some follow up question to clearify just cuz i really wonder about theese specific things so 

1. the "lockers" are just as a tiny stash where u can store just a few items that u really dont wanna loose upon death ? that sounds like a good idea imo

2. So if noone is around and u decide to log in a house etc , its not possible ? or i mean it is but u will still be on the server technically ? so what u gotta do is walk to a safe area as i assume is a safe zone ? maybe a base or something where there are some traders and other stuff ? 

3. And also what u could do is u find a gun then u log and instant stash it ? So could u bring any item in to the free roam world ? lets say i stash an Ak47 , then i die , when i deicde to respawn lets say on another character or the same (dosnt matter) i could bring that ak in to play with ? 

3. Another question i got on my mind , if u go into a raid and u find a gun or whatever , can u bring that out to the free roam ? I mean i guess thats the point of "replaying" a raid , unless they are funny as duck , but idk what a raid is really , heard something about u need to find a key , once uve done it u can escape , but is that the point of the raid ? or is there different types of raids ? :P

 

Thanks for the detailed answers and fast respond :D

 

1. The locker is a Secured Container, thats what they call it in the game.  Items in the safe container are kept even after death, but with very limited space. 

 

2. When you disconnect in game, regardless of it being a Raid or Free Roam your character will sit stationary and be a target.  If you dont reconnect (assuming no ones killed you) you lose everything on that character (except whats in secured container) even if they survived till the end of the raid.   Basically, dont disconnect or count that stuff as gone. 

 

3. Anything you've found and survived with, meaning successfully completing the raid or leaving free roam alive can be stored into the stash and used in any mode (Raid, Free Roam, Arena).  The only thing I cant confirm is if each character has their own separate stash or one shared.  Devs have yet to comment / specify

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kwahamoT said:

No.

I was checking out the faq and came to this thread. So then if I understand correctly this will be on a scale of destiny/division where the hub is an mmo and all else is instance up to 64 players then yes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Minotaurus
On 16.6.2016 at 1:03 AM, Octosnake said:

I can be a trader? Hells the Fook yes!

 

So, now that I know this I'm going to need the Cheekiest Breekies Tarkov has to run around and find me questionably valuable items in exchange for currency and mildly useful items.

 

Oh, and I'll be an entry level trader.

 

Sawed off shotguns and Rusty PMs! I will buy and exchange for less rusty AK! 

 

Hiring muscle, CHEEKI BREEKI Protection agency will be the contracting arm of my business. The Cheekiest Breekies up for hire, here to protect you! Need an experienced escort to help you with a raid? Hire the semi-qualified, quasi-professionals at CHEEKI BREEKI Protection! 

i have muscle for you too + Protein for POWER :begreat: : 

 

DSC00002.jpg

Powerstar-Food-SportnahrungTrainingserfolgPOWERSTARSonderangebote1.jpg

Berserk 1.PNG

community_image_1424209810.gif

Edited by Minotaurus
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Drakkaar
6 hours ago, AHSGMA said:

I was checking out the faq and came to this thread. So then if I understand correctly this will be on a scale of destiny/division where the hub is an mmo and all else is instance up to 64 players then yes?

The game works as follows (As far as I understand it)

Raids - There are 10 Raids, all 10 must be completed before "Free Roam" is unlocked. Each raid is played on a section of the 16km² map (Like Factory, the Stream video we saw showed it to be about 0.9km²)  -  these raids are instance based, when PMC's join the raid it then gets locked and no new PMC's can join, this means if you die in the raid you cannot come back for it, you will need teammate(s) to retrieve what you want. - Max player count can vary depending on the mission (Estimated to be anywhere from 8-12 PMC's, plus a couple Scav players) - TIME SENSITIVE MISSIONS

Free-Roam - As said above, is unlocked after the 10 raids are complete - Played on entire 16km² map - 64 players max - No Time Limit

Arena - Gladiator style combat in a small arena, it will be 1v1 and possibly more but no specifications on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Octosnake
2 hours ago, Drakkaar said:

Arena - Gladiator style combat in a small arena, it will be 1v1 and possibly more but no specifications on that.

Yup, I'm gonna be a trader, set out offers of gear in exchange for people fighting to the death for my amusement. This will happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Drakkaar said:

The game works as follows (As far as I understand it)

Raids - There are 10 Raids, all 10 must be completed before "Free Roam" is unlocked. Each raid is played on a section of the 16km² map (Like Factory, the Stream video we saw showed it to be about 0.9km²)  -  these raids are instance based, when PMC's join the raid it then gets locked and no new PMC's can join, this means if you die in the raid you cannot come back for it, you will need teammate(s) to retrieve what you want. - Max player count can vary depending on the mission (Estimated to be anywhere from 8-12 PMC's, plus a couple Scav players) - TIME SENSITIVE MISSIONS

Free-Roam - As said above, is unlocked after the 10 raids are complete - Played on entire 16km² map - 64 players max - No Time Limit

Arena - Gladiator style combat in a small arena, it will be 1v1 and possibly more but no specifications on that.

*nods*. That's what I got out of it as well. So then its not a true MMO then. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...