Sign in to follow this  
eltdrgntmr

Outlook of the Unity Engine

eltdrgntmr

So both Contract Wars and EFT seem to be using the Unity engine. Are you going to be staying with Unity for future projects (like R2028) or eventually going to be using the CryEngine?

I'm asking because the prealpha footage of R2028 was created using Crytek's engine, but it looks like Unity can do the job just as well, if not better.

However, I was under the impression that since Contract Wars was a browser-based game, Unity was more suitable and CryEngine was better overall for client-based games. So EFT using Unity was a bit of a surprise for me.

Edited by eltdrgntmr

bradykatler

wait, what is this russia 2028?

TheTrainStation
46 minutes ago, bradykatler said:

wait, what is this russia 2028?

It is all of this. Both EFT and Contract Wars. It's the universe it is based in pretty much.

Though one would have know if one had read the about section on the main page, and the FAQs here on the forum. :3 

eltdrgntmr
18 hours ago, TheTrainStation said:

It is all of this. Both EFT and Contract Wars. It's the universe it is based in pretty much.

Though one would have know if one had read the about section on the main page, and the FAQs here on the forum. :3 

Well, you're not completely right. R2028 is a universe AND a game in development.