Jump to content
Scruffy

1vs1 Arena, how interested are you?

Recommended Posts

Scruffy

I was just browsing through forum and I stumble on some discussions regarding this game mode. For me personally, this mode doesn't seem all that inviting. However, that's just an option of one person.

I would like to hear if you find it interesting and why. 

thanks,

Scruffy

 

Edited by Scruffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magor57

I just got an idea. Maybe, you could get some loot when wining a 1v1. Maybe you could get better loot the more you win in row. Ofcourse, no loot for custom 1v1 with your friend.

Even if there is no form of reward other than a good feeling of winning, I would love to do the arenas alot, just to get learn how the guns work in EFT :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Europoor
2 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

I was just browsing through forum and I stumble on some discussions regarding this game mode. For me personally, this mode doesn't seem all that inviting. However, that's just an option of one person.

I would like to hear if you find it interesting and why. 

thanks,

Scruffy

 

I think one big possibility is to play the game, if you e.g.: died in a raid, and waiting for your team, or if you don't have enough time for a whole raid. Also betting would be a good concept.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheTrainStation

I think we require a bit more information about player count in the arena mode. Other than that, i'm pretty hyped.

Perhaps we can grow a bit of a comp scene with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magor57
3 hours ago, TheTrainStation said:

I think we require a bit more information about player count in the arena mode. Other than that, i'm pretty hyped.

Perhaps we can grow a bit of a comp scene with this.

Tha't a nice idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabbz
5 hours ago, TheTrainStation said:

I think we require a bit more information about player count in the arena mode. Other than that, i'm pretty hyped.

Perhaps we can grow a bit of a comp scene with this.

Yeah I agree that more information is needed on the different game modes, I guess that we will recieve more information when the next dev diary is released. 

A comp scene wouldn't be too shabby either! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PvtCarnage
15 hours ago, Scruffy said:

I was just browsing through forum and I stumble on some discussions regarding this game mode. For me personally, this mode doesn't seem all that inviting. However, that's just an option of one person.

I would like to hear if you find it interesting and why. 

thanks,

Scruffy

 

Very Much agree, Arena feels idk out of place? some mini-map(&or)building 3vs3 pvp ladder type system sounds HOT to me 8) What would be Hotter 3vs3vs3??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starlight

Devs so far have indicated that Arena fights will allow you to grab whatever gear you feel like, so I'm planning on using it as a testing sandbox to play with recoil, new skills, weapon configurations, etc., since doing the same inside a raid or free-roam runs the risk of losing the gear that you're playing with.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
incus
1 hour ago, Starlight said:

Devs so far have indicated that Arena fights will allow you to grab whatever gear you feel like, so I'm planning on using it as a testing sandbox to play with recoil, new skills, weapon configurations, etc., since doing the same inside a raid or free-roam runs the risk of losing the gear that you're playing with.

I hope your right with this.  I dont know where, but I heard it was full drop like a raid.  No idea where I heard but I did.
Which was a killer for me.  What I wanted was a Point system on each Weapon.  You select your gear and have a set point value.  That will match you with a 1v1 with the same points.   Good way to kill 10min or wait out friends within a Raid.

I posted this before suggesting 3v3's for comp matches.  As TrainStation suggested a comp scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabbz
6 minutes ago, incus said:

I hope your right with this.  I dont know where, but I heard it was full drop like a raid.  No idea where I heard but I did.
Which was a killer for me.  What I wanted was a Point system on each Weapon.  You select your gear and have a set point value.  That will match you with a 1v1 with the same points.   Good way to kill 10min or wait out friends within a Raid.

I posted this before suggesting 3v3's for comp matches.  As TrainStation suggested a comp scene.

The point system isn't a bad system at all and as Train suggested a way back, a comp scene would be amazing for this game. I just don't know how it all would work but i guess we will have to explore everything in alpha / beta and suggest things for the future.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scruffy
8 hours ago, Starlight said:

Devs so far have indicated that Arena fights will allow you to grab whatever gear you feel like, so I'm planning on using it as a testing sandbox to play with recoil, new skills, weapon configurations, etc., since doing the same inside a raid or free-roam runs the risk of losing the gear that you're playing with.

Well, this is something new to me and it sounds like a good idea.

Thanks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goochy

i would kind of like different variants

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starlight
10 hours ago, incus said:

I hope your right with this.  I dont know where, but I heard it was full drop like a raid.  No idea where I heard but I did.
Which was a killer for me.  [...]

Reflexively I was also thinking that it was the same loot gaining/losing system as raids and open world, but tried to source myself and only ended up finding a short blurb in the FAQs suggesting that it was bring whatever you feel like. When I have some more time I'll have to go looking for more arena hits in the search results.

Edited by Starlight
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ka9a

1v1 will just bring more toxicity imo. Feels out of place in a game like this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keza

A pass time while waiting for your group to complete their raid, you could play as scav (in another raid ofc). The game could suggest that after you die: watch current raid (follow group) or play as scav.

That way it does not break immersion. somehow 1on1 does not feel right...

Edited by Keza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Europoor

Seems like this could happen easily

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
incus
10 hours ago, Wоlf said:

1v1 will just bring more toxicity imo. Feels out of place in a game like this.

I don't understand this. You and Keza feel its out of place. It would be optional and would not split the community at all.  Not sure how it would bring toxic players any more than the current Raid system.  Its a PVP full loot game.  It brings the worst kind of gamer imaginable.  Something I'm ok with and love to fight against.

I could be used for so much.  One great idea is a test bed for community made weapons.  It could be a test be for new mechanics. All without the fear of someone complaining about loss of gear to OP gear.

10 hours ago, Keza said:

A pass time while waiting for your group to complete their raid, you could play as scav (in another raid ofc). The game could suggest that after you die: watch current raid (follow group) or play as scav.

That way it does not break immersion. somehow 1on1 does not feel right...

The problem with a playing a SCAV this way is 1- You would use him as a run and gun who care type of character.  Or you would get a lot of random SCAV's in games just standing there doing nothing as the players have left the RAID to join a new RAID with the friends.  I want SCAV's to be people who need to get gear bad.  Who are struggling or RP'ing.  Who want to complete the raid with there hard won gear.

Following your RAID team is an OK idea but with a 5min delay.

Still think the 1v1 Arena is a better time killer!

Edited by incus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Keza

First off, when I said 'follow' I did not mean as player in the raid, but as spectator. Somehow that should be limited thoug, otherwiser that player can still aid the team. So no free look/fly, but look through the eyes of one of the teammembers.

When playing as scav there should indeed be an incentive to do that job. I understand you get random gear,so would would fight to get that gearwhen the raid is over.not sure how that works now.

Probably a good solution is to replace your weapon with ones from loot, but not all. This way you are motivated to get the kill and find better weapons. What if you stand there? Not sure how to punish that...maybe you loose money upfront which you have to earn by playing?

 

I do understand your motivation for 1v1, but I would like to see it really detached from the main game. So as testbed, to get to know the maps,gear etc seems fine by me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
incus

Yeah I understood you meant Spectator.  Would still like a 1-2 maybe 5 min delay so you don't call out it he missed something on the screen.

I understand the SCAV but you suggested going in to a RAID as a SCAV while you wait on your friends to finish there RAID.  Unless they are in a much longer RAID.  By the time they finish you would not of finished your raid.  Thats what I was trying to get across.  Using the SCAV's as an in-between time killer I think is not suitable.  

Which is why I like the idea of 1v1.  It is not in anyway related to your character or Stash.  Just a fun time killer and test bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilddog73

What if it was 1v1 melee/knife?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ka9a
10 hours ago, incus said:

I don't understand this. You and Keza feel its out of place. It would be optional and would not split the community at all.  Not sure how it would bring toxic players any more than the current Raid system.  Its a PVP full loot game.  It brings the worst kind of gamer imaginable.  Something I'm ok with and love to fight against.

I could be used for so much.  One great idea is a test bed for community made weapons.  It could be a test be for new mechanics. All without the fear of someone complaining about loss of gear to OP gear.

The problem with a playing a SCAV this way is 1- You would use him as a run and gun who care type of character.  Or you would get a lot of random SCAV's in games just standing there doing nothing as the players have left the RAID to join a new RAID with the friends.  I want SCAV's to be people who need to get gear bad.  Who are struggling or RP'ing.  Who want to complete the raid with there hard won gear.

Following your RAID team is an OK idea but with a 5min delay.

Still think the 1v1 Arena is a better time killer!

Its out of place because it brings the most frustrating and boring competition in a team based realistic shooter.. Keep in mind players can most likely die in a few shots , so it's all a matter of who presses the trigger first. Unless they plan on doing it like The Division which is absurd for a game like this so heavily focused on realism. Having a separate mode for this is pointless imo, unless its something like 6v6. You can test weapons at a shooting range or free-play. 1v1 is clearly targeted for players who want to stroke their ego by killing a single person over and over and over gain for XP and rewards. Personally , i'll be keeping away from 1v1 as it brings nothing else thats rewarding.

inb4 1v1 exclusive rewards
inb4 Raid chat: "1v1 me skrib i rek u swer on me mum"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Europoor
3 hours ago, Wоlf said:

...

inb4 1v1 exclusive rewards
inb4 Raid chat: "1v1 me skrib i rek u swer on me mum"


 

THIS! 

How can we prevent this, guys?

Edited by Europoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
incus
13 hours ago, Wоlf said:

Its out of place because it brings the most frustrating and boring competition in a team based realistic shooter.. Keep in mind players can most likely die in a few shots , so it's all a matter of who presses the trigger first. Unless they plan on doing it like The Division which is absurd for a game like this so heavily focused on realism. Having a separate mode for this is pointless imo, unless its something like 6v6. You can test weapons at a shooting range or free-play. 1v1 is clearly targeted for players who want to stroke their ego by killing a single person over and over and over gain for XP and rewards. Personally , i'll be keeping away from 1v1 as it brings nothing else thats rewarding.

inb4 1v1 exclusive rewards
inb4 Raid chat: "1v1 me skrib i rek u swer on me mum"

I doubt you will get exp from it.  It supposed to be separate from your raid character.  Most of t he people I know who would use it would use it for between raids.  For when you die and most of your teammate haven't.

Do you have a solution for that?  What do I do if I die 5min in to a raid and my teammate complete it at 45min.  What am I to do for 40min.  Dont say free-roam as you know its not a quick drop in mode either.   Its just the same as a raid without the objective.

Plus I think you have played too much COD.  I play arma.  I do not run crazily round a map and die fast.  I go slow as crap in realism servers.  So a 1v1 would yes be a who shoots first, but more of who was slower and quieter and less impatient.  Who sweeps and stops to listen.  Not who runs around corners and has faster reactions.

Plus the game is underdevelopment.  It is a faction based.  Full-loot PVP game.  Its not a forced teambased shooter.  You would be complaining next on 1v1 combat in the RAID. 

Also people are going to go instead of 1v1 bro..... "Your a fag who needs a team./Your mum sucks me off/You cant shoot for crap you only won cause you ambushed me." So I will do what I do in every game and what most people do.  Ignore it like the childish comment it is.

Edited by incus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
incus
9 hours ago, Europoor said:

THIS! 

How can we prevent this, guys?

You cant unless you disable ingame chat/voip.  What you do is act like a grown up and ignore it as you do in all other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2