Scruffy

1vs1 Arena, how interested are you?

PoeticSinner

I like the idea of it for testing out gear and practice between raids but I'm hoping they have a time limit of incentive to push people towards conflict instead of playing hide and seek where it's one person laying behind a corner hoping the other person doesn't play the cod style of camping as well. I've no issue with ambushes and camping out an area with a LR but as far as 1v1 I think those tactics would make it tedious at best. Personally I'd love to see it full loot loss raid and free roam so you're not so its not just a pass time, its putting your money where your mouth is. Winner takes all. If timer runs out, you both lose your stuff. Incentive to win and not just camp a corner for max advantage where it's either kill the opponent or end in a draw with no consequence. Idk, maybe not as extreme as lose everything but possiblly making a wager of near equal value. Where it's one wins or both lose. I could definitely get behind some high stakes PvP. Possibly value of wager being what puts you in brackets with others throwing up items of equivalent value. Got a little side tracked but I'm hopeful cause it could have a lot of potential or it could be hide and seek which would get old.

Ka9a
3 hours ago, incus said:

I doubt you will get exp from it.  It supposed to be separate from your raid character.  Most of t he people I know who would use it would use it for between raids.  For when you die and most of your teammate haven't.

Do you have a solution for that?  What do I do if I die 5min in to a raid and my teammate complete it at 45min.  What am I to do for 40min.  Dont say free-roam as you know its not a quick drop in mode either.   Its just the same as a raid without the objective.

Plus I think you have played too much COD.  I play arma.  I do not run crazily round a map and die fast.  I go slow as crap in realism servers.  So a 1v1 would yes be a who shoots first, but more of who was slower and quieter and less impatient.  Who sweeps and stops to listen.  Not who runs around corners and has faster reactions.

Plus the game is underdevelopment.  It is a faction based.  Full-loot PVP game.  Its not a forced teambased shooter.  You would be complaining next on 1v1 combat in the RAID. 

Also people are going to go instead of 1v1 bro..... "Your a fag who needs a team./Your mum sucks me off/You cant shoot for crap you only won cause you ambushed me." So I will do what I do in every game and what most people do.  Ignore it like the childish comment it is.

When you die in a Raid youre ARE gonna want your gear back and stock up on new one right? " Players can return to the previously unlocked scenarios in search for particular loot or more detailed exploration (which can lead to the uncovering of side quests and locations). " not waste your time in 1v1... Unless you play as a scav all the time.

COD comment killed me. Who would walk around for 15 mins stalking the other player just to land a shot and get a kill over and over again , people will just camp and wait for you to expose yourself then game over. This can already happen in raids so it DOESN'T need its own game mode. A good suggestion is to make 1v1 to 4v4 or 6v6, as that encourages more tactical gameplay and formations - a great training ground for you and your team.

It may not be a forced team based shooter but you can bet your ass that 90% of players you encounter will be in a team.

Edited by Wоlf

TheTrainStation
On 23-2-2016 at 8:48 AM, Wоlf said:

1v1 will just bring more toxicity imo. Feels out of place in a game like this.

Bringing out toxicity? I doubt it. Toxicity is in any game that relies on killing other people.

It will surely bring out competition and rivalry. But honestly, that's what keeps a game like this fun! :D

incus
53 minutes ago, Wоlf said:

When you die in a Raid youre ARE gonna want your gear back and stock up on new one right? " Players can return to the previously unlocked scenarios in search for particular loot or more detailed exploration (which can lead to the uncovering of side quests and locations). " not waste your time in 1v1... Unless you play as a scav all the time.

COD comment killed me. Who would walk around for 15 mins stalking the other player just to land a shot and get a kill over and over again , people will just camp and wait for you to expose yourself then game over. This can already happen in raids so it DOESN'T need its own game mode. A good suggestion is to make 1v1 to 4v4 or 6v6, as that encourages more tactical gameplay and formations - a great training ground for you and your team.

It may not be a forced team based shooter but you can bet your ass that 90% of players you encounter will be in a team.

Yes you can go back a do a previous RAID however not the same server you where just in. (So no recovering your gear you just lost)  Plus like I stated.  If you are in a group with friends.  You all enter together.....  Then only one of you dies.  Then he has two choices (Maybe 3) without the 1v1 Arena.  He can wait for his friends to finish and then join with them again.  He can start a Raid from scratch.  (This has draw backs becuase if he wishes to continue gaming after with his Friends.  They are going to finish there Raid then have to wait on you.  Thus starts a never ending cycle of you all enter Raids cause you didnt wait.)  Or the third option (which I consider a dick move.)  Enter a Raid as a Scav till you friends end there raid then abandon the Raid.  Leaving the SCAV ingame just standing there.

So again I ask you where is a valid time killer in the game other than the option of an Arena?

Plus I already suggested 2v2/3v3/4v4/5v5 arenas.  You will get 1v1 to start and hopefully they increase it.

Edited by incus

Ka9a
21 minutes ago, incus said:

Yes you can go back a do a previous RAID however not the same server you where just in. (So no recovering your gear you just lost)  Plus like I stated.  If you are in a group with friends.  You all enter together.....  Then only one of you dies.  Then he has two choices (Maybe 3) without the 1v1 Arena.  He can wait for his friends to finish and then join with them again.  He can start a Raid from scratch.  (This has draw backs becuase if he wishes to continue gaming after with his Friends.  They are going to finish there Raid then have to wait on you.  Thus starts a never ending cycle of you all enter Raids cause you didnt wait.)  Or the third option (which I consider a dick move.)  Enter a Raid as a Scav till you friends end there raid then abandon the Raid.  Leaving the SCAV ingame just standing there.

So again I ask you where is a valid time killer in the game other than the option of an Arena?

Plus I already suggested 2v2/3v3/4v4/5v5 arenas.  You will get 1v1 to start and hopefully they increase it.

I already answered. By getting back your gear (i meant scavenging for lost or NEW one in previous locations) - thats your "time killer". Trading , quests and getting re-equipped for the next one.

incus

You don't understand how raids work.  I am really trying to get across teaming.  Raids are not jump in and out things.  Nor is open word.  You have to enter, do a mission then reach an exit point.  Which all takes a set time.   Mostly longer than your Friends time still in there RAID.

I don't know how to get this across clearer so im just going to quit

Ka9a

I've already answered to everything you asked. And I dont understand what else youre trying to bring up. Your friends are in the raid. You are dead. What do you expect to do besides leave and prepare for the next one? Waste time in 1v1? k den.There will be no spectator mode. You can contact them to maybe pickup some of your gear from your corpse and give it to you later.

incus

What do you suggest I do while I wait for my friends to finish the Raid.  Join another Raid?  Go into Open world?  How can I waste time.  Going into another Raid is not an option. (Doing a side quest on its own in a Raid I'm not sure is possible.  You have to complete a set action to unlock the Raid Exit.)  Open world maybe but that depends on the Entry and Exit points?  Are they close?  Explain in detail what you mean by go get more gear.  Prepare?  Trading is done in the main menu.  It would take 5min max to gain the gear you want...

So thats why people are happy about the Arena.  Its a good option to wait on friends...

You might not like the 1v1 side of it but do you really want it out of the game fully?

Edited by incus

Ka9a
29 minutes ago, incus said:

Explain in detail what you mean by go get more gear.  Prepare?  Trading is done in the main menu.  It would take 5min max to gain the gear you want...

You might not like the 1v1 side of it but do you really want it out of the game fully?

So you prefer trading, good, i hope you got enough ingame currenccy for it. I'd rather scavenge old locations and do quests for mine not exclusevely trade. Why not do somethign that will help you in the next raid while waiting for you mates to finish? What will you gain from 1v1? 

I didnt say it should be REMOVED, just that its a boring and LIMITED mostly unrewarding gametype that tends to be frustrating if you play with randoms. By all means let it be there for those who want it, but just DON'T limit it to 1v1. Thats all.

Edited by Wоlf

incus

This is what im trying to get across.  You will not have time to do anything fully.  Scavenging old location can't be done the way you think it can.  Maybe in open world.  Not in a Raid.  (In a Raid you enter -  You have a main objective, say get a key.  Some supplies for a Trader, Information on a location...  This then open the exit to the Raid.  You can not leave the Raid before doing this or you loose all the gear on that character.  There is also side quests.  -  Which you will unlock.  However even if these each have there own exit points it will still be time consuming.)  

So you can't really do anything to help you in the next Raid as that would force you into a Raid. 

Ka9a

So be it. A raid which you have aready completed only this time for an extra purpose. Id rather do that than 1v1. The endless cycle only happens if you try to rush the game by expecting your whole team to make it out alive and be ready for the next raid. Drawbacks like repeating raids for better gear and farming loot is a given.

Avexum

I think the arena is a good idea, but they should expand on how many players are in the arena, 1v1s are cool, but not nearly as competitive as say 3v3, 4v4, or as big as 6v6, if theres a 1v1 arena only, Id like a feature to wager gear or money, then people will be more driven to go kill the person, maybe to fix the camping issue, the map gets smaller slowly, so you gotta move at some point.

Suade

Hello,

My first post here and this thread fits one of my questions. It's cool to see an Arena Mode BUT I want to give my opinion and say 1v1 is just bad.

Please consider a competitive PVP with teams. 6v6 or 8v8. If these maps are really big maybe even 12v12.

I see some posts about dividing the community but this would bring in more players like myself.

What is my interest in the 1v1 Arena? Not much at all but I would have major interest in team based arena.