Cheaptrix

Add Day/Night Time Phase Select

1 minute ago, Strat said:

In-game time >>>> Join date when it comes to relevance.  I think most would have a hard time refuting that.

Fully agree but nobody can prove ingame playtime right now - join date is all we can look at. I'm certainly not saying join date means everything, but its a pretty good indicator of your general knowledge level. Wouldn't you agree? 

4 minutes ago, Strat said:

You're 100% right about the scrub comment, my mistake.  Poor choice of words!

You are redeemed comrade! See you in the zone! 

• Upvote 1

@Cheaptrix

I can see the logic behind it, but in my experience unfortunately it's not the case.  Played with a level 12 guy the other night that started playing last year but had no clue what he was doing.  I'm sure we can both think of anecdotal evidence to support both sides of the argument :P

I love how this topic moves from the discussion about there being a day/night time phase selection to @Strat calling people out.

9 hours ago, Strat said:

@FishnFurNubs LOL Triggered!  Grow up please.

Let's assume you're just a typical internet kid spazing out and decided not to really read what I posted, I'll recap it for you.

There were comments about NVG not spawning on map and that they cost too much to purchase from the trader.  Most people don't want to lose high value items in raid so they avoid.  My suggestion was to lower the cost temporarily in order to alleviate that issue.

Also, on a side note, there is a different between quantifying one's experience level with the game and "bragging".  If I just started out and had no clue how to play, then my suggestions would be moot.  Since I clearly have a grasp of how the game works, my suggestions should in theory have a little more substance to them.  I don't expect you to fully understand this based on how immature your reply was.  Best of luck to you.

Good talk, glad this could be a civil discussion. Glad to see you could bust out your thesaurus. If you cant grasp sarcasm from "Yeah dude you are toooo good mang wish I can be like you when I grow up." then I dont even know what to say. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you it seemed like someone was just stroking their ego as stated before.

This topic is not about them making night time easier. It is about them making a phase selection so people who do not want to play at night do not have too. Just because someone doesn't like to play at night time does not mean they are bad at the game... Would it not suck coming home every night after work and having to play in the darkness? Yeah I still play regardless, but it would be nice to have choice to some extent, yes. They do not need to make night time easier at all  I believe night time is in a good place (an EXP bonus would be pretty rad though).

@FishnFurNubs

You win man, you got me!  Even though you initiated this bickering in the first place (I never once mentioned anyone specifically) I am the bad guy here.  You win.  I'm sorry for using thesaurus words, I'll simplify things a little for you next time.

I'm sure enabling the time phase choice would be wanted by most people, but I'm not sure that fits with the premise of the game (sorry, another thesaurus word).  It's uncomfortable to go out with good gear for fear of losing it.  It's uncomfortable to play in the dark when it's hard to see.  This game forces people out of their comfort zone some.  Hopefully they continue that trend (in my opinion).

10 minutes ago, Strat said:

@FishnFurNubs

You win man, you got me!  Even though you initiated this bickering in the first place (I never once mentioned anyone specifically) I am the bad guy here.  You win.  I'm sorry for using thesaurus words, I'll simplify things a little for you next time.

I'm sure enabling the time phase choice would be wanted by most people, but I'm not sure that fits with the premise of the game (sorry, another thesaurus word).  It's uncomfortable to go out with good gear for fear of losing it.  It's uncomfortable to play in the dark when it's hard to see.  This game forces people out of their comfort zone some.  Hopefully they continue that trend (in my opinion).

If you are uncomfortable losing gear chances are you arent playing this game at all. Yes I agree its nice getting people to go outside there comfort zone, but I personally dont agree with forcing it. They should be incentivizing it.

29 minutes ago, Strat said:

I'm sure enabling the time phase choice would be wanted by most people, but I'm not sure that fits with the premise of the game

Double check the map selection screen. Time phase selection is greyed out and if you hover over it - it will say not available in alpha. 

So time phase selection WILL BE A THING. No sense in discussing it any further really. In fact its been there on the map selection screen since summer of 2016, I can't remember it not ever being there so I'm pretty sure that falls into their premise of the game.

This is probably the worst idea I've ever come across in this sub-forum. This is probably the only idea ever that provides a solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place  

If you want to split the player base in half, don't do it through providing an option on what time they want to play. Split the player base in half by selling map DLCs.

Thats a better idea than this absolute steaming pile of cats urine. 

10 hours ago, ODD said:

steaming pile of cats urine. 

that cracked me up LOL , yes it is a real time hardcore game , if any game started with day only or night , players will ass where is day night !!!! we all know all these map are connected , day nigh run on them all same time , so why split it ? night time will end up with longer q , day time it can be faster , then you just x2 load of servers doing that , it is not even a good idea for a DLC because you will be the only one who may buy it > steaming pile of cats urine. 

12 hours ago, ODD said:

This is probably the worst idea I've ever come across in this sub-forum.

Shame you think its an "idea".

Its already in the game screen... "select time phase" is greyed out and if you hover over it will say: not available in alpha.bdce6ce36dd77a5713228f00d490a668.thumb.jpg.b999c3260c29d61e71396dcb8c646c18.jpg

So that means no matter what you think about how hardcore you want EFT to be, they already have had time phase selection as a planned feature for almost a year now. As "select time phase" has been on the map screen since summer of 2016. 

Funny cat urine comment though bud.

Also maybe try reading though the entire thread before you make comments. I already made it very clear that time phase selection is a planned feature and has been for a very long time.

Edited by Cheaptrix

1 hour ago, ODD said:

This is worst than that time when you came up with the idea of setting your characters shoe size. 

:D what haha

Btw, you're the guy who wants to add zombies to EFT:

So its a bit tough to take anything you say seriously. Sorry!

Please keep the toxic rants to yourself and off the forums because so far your posts in this thread have been nothing but obnoxious and rude.  

1c191c18f4fcaf8e9eea0425b305c95a.png

33 minutes ago, Cheaptrix said:

Btw, you're the guy who wants to add zombies to EFT:

As it turned out, it was a very popular idea. When the devs gave disconnected mega streamers, many of whom had no idea what the game was about, the opportunity to showcase EFT on Twitch and YouTube, there was a huge demand for zombies. 

Devs saw that demand and began having a rethink. 

I also predicted that many would get bored and move on. Now look at these forums compared to a year ago. You gotta take me very seriously. 

Notice how people complain when things are hard? It is funny.

When I hosted DayZ servers it was a 5 hour day / 1 hour night cycle. If people don't want to play night they don't have to. In the end game you'll have other maps to play. Maybe make the times staggered out. So Woods is day, customs is night and make it same the other way around when the cycle goes on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HolyOrangeJuice said:

Notice how people complain when things are hard? It is funny.

When I hosted DayZ servers it was a 5 hour day / 1 hour night cycle. If people don't want to play night they don't have to. In the end game you'll have other maps to play. Maybe make the times staggered out. So Woods is day, customs is night and make it same the other way around when the cycle goes on.

Holy crap someone who actually has some good input and uses logic. 

I would be all for that idea of a shorter night longer day. Also an opposite clock for each map is also a good idea. 

2 hours ago, ODD said:

As it turned out, it was a very popular idea. When the devs gave disconnected mega streamers, many of whom had no idea what the game was about, the opportunity to showcase EFT on Twitch and YouTube, there was a huge demand for zombies. 

Devs saw that demand and began having a rethink. 

I also predicted that many would get bored and move on. Now look at these forums compared to a year ago. You gotta take me very seriously. 

There will never be zombies don't kid yourself I'm pretty sure this has already been touched on. Popular or not read the lore and tell me where zombies fit in. You don't make all these crazy mechanics that are in this game and then flip it into a zombie game. This is a combat simulator. 

On a side note a night/day selection would not split the player base more then it already does. Players log off or play factory when it's night time. What would be so different? 

Edited by FishnFurNubs
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree there is fev solutions no need to optionaly pick a day time . The solution is : 

1 Make nightvisors cheap , they are extremaly expencive but everyone need them to walk thru night time 

2 make nightvisors one of those u not going to loose when u die.  Its simply as that 

Night time is where the big boys go to play. 

It's good the way it is in my opinion. Since the last ban wave, night raids are an option one again. If they did something like make NVG's cheaper, it would take away from the tension of going out at night. Yes, they do cost more then most of the stuff you buy but the advantage of spending the cash is worth it. If they made NVG's an item you can't lose then that would seriously be a kick in the teeth to every player who's here for a hardcore game and a blow to the credibility of the devs who have stated repeatedly they are making a game that's not for everyone. I love that they have a day/night rotation because most games that do nights and days give players their pick and you always end up with most people swapping servers or ramping up the gama once the sun goes down. I like to think of night time as end game content. Once you've refined your skill and gotten a nice horde of gear where a few deaths won't hold you back, then you're ready to join the night raiding where you're more likely to find other players with high end gear instead of the typical shotguns and mini Al's. When people strap those NVG's on their head they tend to go all out because at night it's go big or go home(factory) to decrease the chance of losing those 100+k goggles. 

Happy hunting to all the green eyed spectors out there!

I think the plan is to make loot spawns better and able to obtain rarer loot during night time raids to balance this when the option becomes available to select AM/PM. So basically those who want to play in daylight can, but those who want to play night time also can but will have incentive to get better loot.

11 hours ago, Cheaptrix said:

Patch notes:

Added:

"Ability to enter a raid on convenient time"

:) 

/thread

I didn't see that in the patch notes but thats great!