Cheaptrix

Add Day/Night Time Phase Select

I would like to point out that many people feel restricted by the current fixed day night cycle. 

I am just suggesting that devs place day/night time phase selection in high priority.

Especially with the NDA lifting soon, there will be a very large influx of players online. During server nightime hours it places a huge stress on factory because nobody is playing customs or woods. Most people simply just play factory or logoff if its nighttime in server.

Please add time phase selection asap! It will keep people happy and playing much longer!

• Upvote 3

I understand your point on the Servers stress on factory when its night time on the other maps, but if they would implement a Day/Night selection on the game won´t that result in the same stress on servers that would be Day time dedicated? There won´t be so much ppl trying to join factory , but it would increase dramaticly the amount of ppl trying to join customs or woods during day time.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, mr0pi said:

I understand your point on the Servers stress on factory when its night time on the other maps, but if they would implement a Day/Night selection on the game won´t that result in the same stress on servers that would be Day time dedicated? There won´t be so much ppl trying to join factory , but it would increase dramaticly the amount of ppl trying to join customs or woods during day time.

No, I believe it would even the players out across the maps because now you are allowing people who enjoy woods and customs to pick daytime. These are the players logging off at night time. Yes I am sure some of them just switch to factory but a larger majority just logoff because factory is just the same thing over and over. Some people only play factory because they enjoy that close quarters intense right in the action gameplay, in-fact that is probably the majority of players atm.

A box that lets you check off day or night would be most appreciated, I don't need to select the hour but it would be nice to select daytime and have it anywhere in between 8am - 8pm or if you pick night it should be 9pm-7am. You should not be able to select the hour , but you should be able to select if its night or daytime. Coming home from work and it being dark 80% of the time sucks....

Edited by FishnFurNubs
  • Upvote 1

On 3/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, mr0pi said:

That would mean that no one would play the servers at night anyways.. I think people just need to get used to the fact that there will be nights.. And nights are dark.. I don't understand why so many people get this game and then want to lock it down to 24/7 day. It's a challenge guys! It's supposed to be a challenge! If you are familiar with the map in the day, it hasn't changed at night.

• Upvote 1

I have played customs at night with no nvgs and although it's really tense and exciting, I try to avoid it due to the fact that players with the nvgs have a huge advantage. Enter: factory. Lol I have also noticed longer wait times when wood / customs are on night cycle.

Hello guys, 

I understand your point of view but i don't agree with you. I do play on Customs & Woods during night times. I use flashlight or NVG or simply nothing and wish for not dying too fast :) 
If people don't wanna play during night times is there right. I understand people can freak out during night but as the game is intended to be an hardcore game, night time have to be part of the gameplay & people need to get used to it.

With a good end screen you can see few details during night & also playing during moonlight may help you see a bit more

I play a lot of survival games and I have to say that personally I enjoy both day and night time in games, I have had some of my favourite PvP at night with a tac light on my weapon or sneaking up on someone I see when they give their position away with their torch.

I don't think selecting day/night in the server UI would be good for EFT as I believe it will just encourage players to take the "easy" option and play day time, then I will have no one to kill at night :P 

Some people commenting don`t realize that time phase selection is greyed out right now, and will be added eventually.

Biggest issue really is that nighttime is so dark because we have a fixed weather pattern. Its always the same weather over and over so theres only moonlight at certain times. Its been very cloudy recently.

No one is asking for a permanent daytime, just the choice to choose day or night to be enabled sooner then later. 

Also to anyone questioning the legitimacy of my concern please refer to this topic: 

Read the comments and you will see a majority of players choose to play factory because its often night time when they are able to logon.

bdce6ce36dd77a5713228f00d490a668.jpg

Edited by Cheaptrix
  • Upvote 1

I think that it will be better not to choose daytime. It'll be better to let servers set the daytime. Maybe adding an exp bonus at the end after playing during night time will push players to go over nights. Just an idea

Edited by Aezox

6 minutes ago, Aezox said:

I think that it will be better not to choose daytime. I'll be better to let servers set the daytime. Maybe adding an exp bonus at the end after playing during night time will push players to go over nights. Just an idea

More exp for nights is good so I would be happy with that. or maybe even special loot that can only be found at night perhaps?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mike28 said:

I have played customs at night with no nvgs and although it's really tense and exciting, I try to avoid it due to the fact that players with the nvgs have a huge advantage. Enter: factory. Lol I have also noticed longer wait times when wood / customs are on night cycle.

Even players have predictable pathing most of the time. I try to use that to my advantage.

25 minutes ago, Aezox said:

Hello guys, 

I understand your point of view but i don't agree with you. I do play on Customs & Woods during night times. I use flashlight or NVG or simply nothing and wish for not dying too fast :) 
If people don't wanna play during night times is there right. I understand people can freak out during night but as the game is intended to be an hardcore game, night time have to be part of the gameplay & people need to get used to it.

With a good end screen you can see few details during night & also playing during moonlight may help you see a bit more

I agree.

6 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

More exp for nights is good so I would be happy with that. or maybe even special loot that can only be found at night perhaps?

Interesting mechanic to draw people into it.

19 minutes ago, Cheaptrix said:

Some people commenting don`t realize that time phase selection is greyed out right now, and will be added eventually.

Biggest issue really is that nighttime is so dark because we have a fixed weather pattern. Its always the same weather over and over so theres only moonlight at certain times. Its been very cloudy recently.

No one is asking for a permanent daytime, just the choice to choose day or night to be enabled sooner then later. 

Also to anyone questioning the legitimacy of my concern please refer to this topic: 

Read the comments and you will see a majority of players choose to play factory because its often night time when they are able to logon.

And if they have a choice, the daytime section will be jam packed and the night time will be barren.

Or yes, maybe, some loot that will be available only during night times. Or more then that, loot that spawn each new day & the first to get it will be the first to be served. So players would have to play during night to be sure to have that kind of loot. 

1 minute ago, pizzadudecook said:

Interesting mechanic to draw people into it.

The exp thing they do in Dying Light where you get double for playing at night, but the enemies are a lot tougher but you can level up so much quicker, the loot thing I haven't seen before but just thought it could be cool :D 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MadMcardle said:

The exp thing they do in Dying Light where you get double for playing at night, but the enemies are a lot tougher but you can level up so much quicker, the loot thing I haven't seen before but just thought it could be cool :D 

+1 for an interesting idea.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Aezox said:

Hello guys, 

You shouldnt be able to buy a better monitor and have an advantage over players at night so I dont know how I feel about that statement, but unfortunately it is the current reality.

You can see players prefer daytime because of the overwhelming lobby screen in factory at night time on the other maps, so obviously there are many people who agree they just are not vocal about it. Regardless there being a "time phases" selection is beneficial to everyone. If you like night time then great!!! select night time. Like I stated before you should only be able to select "night" , "day", "random" and they should have separate clocks, though random should drop you in either, to explain that a bit more. 

I see this helping streamers mainly which is a very arguable point, who would want to watch a basically black screen.... not me.

• Upvote 1

I've never had a problem with money in this game.  I consistently sit on ~$10M rubles each time they wipe, but for the sake of the alpha and beta testing, maybe they could lower the cost of the NVGs so the scrubs can play at night without having an aneurysm every time they play in the dark?  I would love a little more competition at night.

43 minutes ago, FishnFurNubs said:

You shouldnt be able to buy a better monitor and have an advantage over players at night so I dont know how I feel about that statement, but unfortunately it is the current reality.

I didn't said I can clearly see during night times. I said "few details" which means only few not cristal clear :) & my screen didn't cost that much its just the quality of the image that render. Anyway I was meaning that I can see shapes of players & thats all ;)

38 minutes ago, sugaris007 said:

I think the simple answer here is to reduce the price of NVG at the traders

The price of NVG shouldn't go lower in traders, the price is good enough to afford them. For myself I found 2 pairs of NVG in Customs during night time. Due to NDA I won't tell more about how to find them, even if it will be lifted by tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Strat said:

I've never had a problem with money in this game.  I consistently sit on ~$10M rubles each time they wipe, but for the sake of the alpha and beta testing, maybe they could lower the cost of the NVGs so the scrubs can play at night without having an aneurysm every time they play in the dark?  I would love a little more competition at night.

Yeah dude you are toooo good mang wish I can be like you when I grow up. We arent talking about not surviving during night or that we are too scared to go out. Personally I just prefer daytime and obviously you dont mind night time. Lets be civil here and not just dropped a bomb saying "im so good why can't you all be like me". This world is filled with many opinions and I thank everyone who is actually discussing and not bragging.

7 hours ago, Aezox said:

I didn't said I can clearly see during night times. I said "few details" which means only few not cristal clear :) & my screen didn't cost that much its just the quality of the image that render. Anyway I was meaning that I can see shapes of players & thats all ;)

Yeah I get what you are saying. When I turn sRGB mode on my monitor I can see outlines more clearly. I just thhink that is a bit unfair.

Edited by FishnFurNubs
  • Upvote 1

@FishnFurNubs LOL Triggered!  Grow up please.

Let's assume you're just a typical internet kid spazing out and decided not to really read what I posted, I'll recap it for you.

There were comments about NVG not spawning on map and that they cost too much to purchase from the trader.  Most people don't want to lose high value items in raid so they avoid.  My suggestion was to lower the cost temporarily in order to alleviate that issue.

Also, on a side note, there is a different between quantifying one's experience level with the game and "bragging".  If I just started out and had no clue how to play, then my suggestions would be moot.  Since I clearly have a grasp of how the game works, my suggestions should in theory have a little more substance to them.  I don't expect you to fully understand this based on how immature your reply was.  Best of luck to you.

• Upvote 1

@Strat Fair point but don't expect people to treat you with respect if you go around calling people scrubs & stroking your own ego talking about your amount of silver. 

;) check yourself bro

Also, about your experience and credibility: You have a join date of Feb 03 2017 and under 10 posts. :D You trying to say that makes you experienced and that devs should listen to you more then others? :D <3 

Edited by Cheaptrix
  • Upvote 1

@Cheaptrix

And this is exactly why I don't have that many posts on here.  I didn't insult anyone in my posts, didn't put down the game, wasn't sarcastic towards anyone, etc. and still catch some heat.  There was clear logic behind what I was saying, but like we all know there are children out there that insist on trolling people for no reason.  If I was acting like a dick, I would totally understand the vitriol and take it like a man.

Again, not stroking ego.  It's a video game, nobody gives a duck about how much money I have in the game.  The point was that I play with NVG all the time because I have tons of cash and don't fear losing it.  Nothing to check "bro".

What does join date have to do with anything?  What if you joined in 2015 and had 10 hours of game time vs. my 2 months but 200+ hours, do you think one is more credible than the other?  And what does having a lot of posts have to do with anything?  You have to be kidding me.  I don't sit on the forums all day and prefer to play.  You can do what you wish with your time, I'm not knocking you for it.  I saw a post that I felt compelled to respond to because night time raids are very sparse with players and figured I would put my 2-cents in.  I never once said my opinion was more or less valid than anyone else's, and if you can find it please quote me on it so I can apologize.  I recommend you "check yourself bro" and stop assuming you know what other people are saying.  If you're not sure, you ask.  And just because you put smileys in your posts doesn't mean you're not acting like an asshole.

Anyways, simple suggestion was to lower cost of NVG during the alpha and beta testing to entice more night time activity.  I have a lot of play time and have success with the game thus far so I know what I'm talking about.  I'll refrain from making any specifics so I don't hurt the snowflakes feelings and trigger them.  Hit me up on discord sometime, we can get a raid or two in.

@Strat 

17 hours ago, Strat said:

maybe they could lower the cost of the NVGs so the scrubs can play at night without having an aneurysm every time they play in the dark?  I would love a little more competition at night.

This is insinuating that everyone who dislikes nightime is a "scrub" and has "aneurysms". How is this not a rude comment? 

About join date, you are the one who brought up credibility and you have absolutely none. So don't expect people to take you seriously.  

Please give me a break with wall of test honestly. 

7 hours ago, Strat said:

Since I clearly have a grasp of how the game works, my suggestions should in theory have a little more substance to them.

^ quote of you thinking your opinion matters ;) 

Have a good one bro :)

@Cheaptrix

You're 100% right about the scrub comment, my mistake.  Poor choice of words!

In-game time >>>> Join date when it comes to relevance.  I think most would have a hard time refuting that.

As for the quote, you misread it.  My comment had nothing to do with other people's opinions.  I was simply stating that because I have a very good grasp of how the game works and have lots of play time and success, that my opinion has SUBSTANCE to it.  Not that it is more or less relevant than anyone else's, but I'm also not just talking out of my ass after playing 5 minutes after install.  Not trying to fight with you here, but don't try to crucify me when you don't have your facts straight.

Sounds good, you do the same!  See you on the battlefield.

• Upvote 1