More updates from Devs

Joram_The_Rebel

I would see more monthly update from devs about the Project, is nice to be part of this project, but as a baker i would love to see Devs putting more effort to updating us with some monthly videos as Star Citizen do or  llike what Warhorse Studio is doing with Kingdom Com Deliverance.

The updates that we are getting are just some post here on the forum and fewer videos describing how far they are with EFT.

The lacks of communication from devs is make me a bit sad, this project is alive thank's to the community so i think that a monthly state of the game would be nice to see from you guys.

Love this game, has lot of potential so keep us well updated.

thx for your understanding.

and guys i know that they are a small team, but is no excuse for me.

Edited by Joram_The_Rebel
  • Upvote 7

I don't think they need to communicate more often, but there are certain things they never talk about. 

For example, new server locations. There are lots and lots of people playing with very high ping and this makes the gameplay suffer for everyone. 

I've never seen a statement about plans to bring new servers on other locations than Russia, US and Europe.

I get the feeling that perhaps regular informative updates are avoided so as to limit expectations on what is "acceptable" progress. If they create a baseline of progress for reference by establishing a month out deadline for an informational update, we will rapidly see an increase in either A. Whining about progress being made (meaning how little or the type/area) or B. mistakes made by the Devs when deciding to release content. Imagine, if you will, all the bugs that have been solved so far, combined with the bugs/issues we have now, and the bag of trash AI Scavs used to have compared to their pseudo-abilities right now. THAT's the kind of scenario we risk by pushing too hard, or they push themselves too hard to impress with progress.

I too would like further information, but I also am willing to accept that perhaps it is not so simple a situation.

• Upvote 2

@PsiShock101 I got your point and it really describe the situation we have right now, but now as NDA is lifted for everybody, they have to do some sort of monthly update, if not YT is going to be full of shitty video about the game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

@PsiShock101 I got your point and it really describe the situation we have right now, but now as NDA is lifted for everybody, they have to do some sort of monthly update, if not YT is going to be full of shitty video about the game.

It's a valid fear that without at least a monthly rundown of progress they will fall into obscurity, but remember they are doing something that is so rare for a developer that it is considered obscene these days: They are making the game -they- want, instead of what a bunch of preteens screaming racial slurs on Call of Duty want. AAA devs refuse to follow this kind of game development concept because it doesn't appeal to everybody and won't sell maximum copies. As long as they avoid making concessions on the original plan versus the community whining and maximizing sales, then the communities whiners (and by the GODS ARE THEY OUT THERE) will not affect the amazing end-product that their financial backers (US) paid to receive.

• Upvote 1

Putting videos etc together takes time and like the OP said they are a small team, I would prefer they were working on the game ;) don't get me wrong communication is important for sure, that's where we come in giving them feedback and reporting bugs and they act on it, that's what I think is important. There are several games in development that I support, some of them put out community updates regular but to be honest there isn't always a lot of new material in them and to me it just seems a little bit of a waste of their time.

Just my views anyways peeps :) 

7 minutes ago, TeasR said:

i kind of disagree about the idea of devs making videos.
Let them work on the game, they're not that many so better let them full focus on the game development :D

I don't say devs have to do it, some PR people could do it. Devs could work as they work now on the project.

who is saying that devs should do it??? damn i wrote at the end of my post.... i know they are a small team, hire someone to do the job. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

I don't say devs have to do it, some PR people could do it. Devs could work as they work now on the project.

who is saying that devs should do it??? damn i wrote at the end of my post.... i know they are a small team, hire someone to do the job. 

Likely they already have who they need to do the job- Emissaries. Give them the good word and let them do it :P

and they are already doing it, but in russian, i see interviews with russian mags ecc... so why they do that, in that time they are not working on the game, c'mon people, stop saying all the time "they are a small team and bla bla bla..."

2 minutes ago, PsiShock101 said:

Likely they already have who they need to do the job- Emissaries. Give them the good word and let them do it :P

Emissaries??? really??? people that even do that with no revenue you think they put all the effort rather than an hired PR will put?

• Upvote 1

I'm italian speaking (as you have notice) and our emissaries are like invisible though.... Our part of the forum is quite dead, and emissaries are not even writing.... 

• Upvote 1

I don't see the need for the small dev team to hold our hands as they develop the game. They have done a great job. This new changelog is much more larger than I expected. It will completely change the dynamic of how people run factory. Or at least my crew and I. I am happy with knowing they are working hard only to be blown away by patch notes. Though you can't please everyone. Some people will say that this is a small update. Far from it. A lot of work went into it. 

Emissaries are just another player in my eye. They are not all that special. If they want to post or play the game that is up to them. Just like everyone else. Also someone else just wrote a huge thread about this the other day. Thanks for searching.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, HolyOrangeJuice said:

I don't see the need for the small dev team to hold our hands as they develop the game. They have done a great job. This new changelog is much more larger than I expected. It will completely change the dynamic of how people run factory. Or at least my crew and I. I am happy with knowing they are working hard only to be blown away by patch notes. Though you can't please everyone. Some people will say that this is a small update. Far from it. A lot of work went into it. 

Emissaries are just another player in my eye. They are not all that special. If they want to post or play the game that is up to them. Just like everyone else. Also someone else just wrote a huge thread about this the other day. Thanks for searching.

is like being an investor, i invested my money on the game to help them develop it and to help them get the game to see the light, so by my side i would love to have some more report about the state of the game, like in any other indie games i've supported so far. if you prefer not to see some report about the game, ok well you think that way....I think the other and i post what i would like to have here, cause is supposed to be a forum where you could post your suggestion right? 

• Upvote 1

Rhetorical question or complete idiot? ;)

You report the bugs with the bug tracker. The developers will fix it. Though there are similar topics about all current issues every other day on the forums. The bottom line is they will fix it. The changelog for the latest update has proven that to me. A lot of the stuff I had in my mind that I didn't puke on the forums is in that changelog. So I guess I did my job by reporting things and or the developers just have the same vision as I do for the game. 

3 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

I don't think they need to communicate more often, but there are certain things they never talk about. 

For example, new server locations. There are lots and lots of people playing with very high ping and this makes the gameplay suffer for everyone. 

I've never seen a statement about plans to bring new servers on other locations than Russia, US and Europe.

*macros, i like to see they give a officiel statement, allowed or not? :/

8 minutes ago, HolyOrangeJuice said:

Rhetorical question or complete idiot? ;)

You report the bugs with the bug tracker. The developers will fix it. Though there are similar topics about all current issues every other day on the forums. The bottom line is they will fix it. The changelog for the latest update has proven that to me. A lot of the stuff I had in my mind that I didn't puke on the forums is in that changelog. So I guess I did my job by reporting things and or the developers just have the same vision as I do for the game. 

but those kind of videos i was speaking of would attract other players to the game, not only for us.... at the end BSG want to make money out of this game or not? so making some report once in a while i think it's not a bad idea at all... those video star citizen are doing is making me feel about buying their game. here some posts about patch notes, some screenshots and that's it.

they even didn't shown us at GDC the scav mode gameplay... they played as a pmc's in that stream with gamespot.... 

What bothers me is that they never make even the most simple of updates. It would take two seconds to get on here and make a thread saying what they are working on lately, or address some issues, and they just refuse to do it. Why? I have no idea.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

For now there are 3 Servers available. (Miami , Frankfurt, Moscow)

1 hour ago, HolyOrangeJuice said:

Emissaries are just another player in my eye. "They are not all that special". 

I'm special xD

new weather conditions were added in pvp, and i've also noticed AI tweaks here and there, but no news about from devs @iFunkyNL

would be nice to know what is happening to the game if we are meant to test it....

6 minutes ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

new weather conditions were added in pvp, and i've also noticed AI tweaks here and there, but no news about from devs @iFunkyNL

would be nice to know what is happening to the game if we are meant to test it....

Should check project news.

Also the patch notes.

2 hours ago, iFunkyNL said:

For now there are 3 Servers available. (Miami , Frankfurt, Moscow)

why you took time to write that, i would never understand.

did you read what you quoted? :) 

3 hours ago, LegendaryDragon said:

*macros, i like to see they give a officiel statement, allowed or not? :/

what?

BSG are bad at communicating with their players, especially in the West. The way the NDA was handled proves this at the very least. They will continue to bungle western PR until they hire one person who is fluent in Russian and English and whose only job is western PR. The longer they go without this person the more potential profit they will lose. It's as simple as that.

• Upvote 1