female character models

Binx

Are there any female character models to choose from?
I know some female gamer to be able to value it, lie down with their character identify. I think it should be a lot of value I put on my part would be happy about it and women to be able to inspire the game without it fails because of the sex selection!

I don't see why they couldn't implement them, as it doesn't damage the face value of the game, but sadly as answered there are no female characters planned...Maybe we will be able to change that though ;)

8 minutes ago, Project said:

I don't see why they couldn't implement them, as it doesn't damage the face value of the game, but sadly as answered there are no female characters planned...Maybe we will be able to change that though ;)

Not positive but it could have a lot to do with the animations that this game is heavy with. They would probably have to take a lot of time remaking all the animations and polishing them if they were to add female models and that could push the game back even further. Just my guess. 

38 minutes ago, PoeticSinner said:

Not positive but it could have a lot to do with the animations that this game is heavy with. They would probably have to take a lot of time remaking all the animations and polishing them if they were to add female models and that could push the game back even further. Just my guess. 

This is true, but Im alright with waiting a few extra days to receive female models and animations. You have to take into account that this is a full studio of extremely experienced developers with a dedicated animation branch of the studio, and i'm not quite sure that it would be extremely difficult to dedicate a few days out of maybe two weeks to work on the implementation of female models. And we are a gaming community, made up of both males and females, so proper representation of females could boost sales a tiny bit, but not by much. Oh well, i'm not too upset personally.

Based on a Dev's response to a lack of FOV slider, it seems as if they are on a tight schedule release schedule, and as a result they cannot afford to make drastic changes to the core player model without risking delaying the game till 2017.

Edited by StillMindz

14 minutes ago, StillMindz said:

Based on a Dev's response to a lack of FOV slider, it seems as if they are on a tight schedule release schedule, and as a result they cannot afford to make drastic changes to the core player model without risking delaying the game till 2017.

They could always release it later after the official game release as a patch or something like that. That way it wouldn't change their current schedule in any way. Just tossing ideas out there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kabbz said:

They could always release it later after the official game release as a patch or something like that. That way it wouldn't change their current schedule in any way. Just tossing ideas out there.

True, and I hope so.

4 hours ago, Kovacs said:

Well, to be truly honest, i already see real contractors/PMCs but no one was a women. And I never heard of female one.

Just wait until SJW gamers find this game, uh-huh. They ruined some games so far.

• Upvote 2

I really wouldn't mind female PMCs as paid DLC if budget / time constraints were that much of a problem. Or female scavs / survivors. It's a little strange when it's all men in a city where millions of people lived.

11 hours ago, Kovacs said:

Well, to be truly honest, i already see real contractors/PMCs but no one was a women. And I never heard of female one.

This is true. I served in both Iraq and Afghanistan in the U.S. Army, and Afghanistan as a contractor, and I never saw a female fill a combat related roll as a contractor. There were of course female contractors supplementing the intelligence sector (e.g. certain contracts with L3), construction (e.g contracts with Fluor), etc., but none participating in combat missions or what have you. 

However, this is because contractors like DynCorp or Academi (formerly Blackwater) only fill their combat related contracts with people who served in combat MOS, e.g. 11B, or have applicable law enforcement experience. With that said, women are not allowed in combat MOS, until the very recent push to allow women in combat MOS. Therefore, there are no women (that I've seen) filling combat related contracts because no women have 11B, 18 series, etc. on their resume.

Then again, I can only attest to the American perspective in two theaters of operation. Perhaps things are different in other parts of the world.

Edited by StillMindz
expounded some
  • Upvote 3

Maybe a bit blunt but why should they make female chars...its never good. or this is unrealistic or that or they supress woman blah blah. They will get a lot of hate mails from femz. Look what happend to Tombraider, its not the Lara i remember, and that just couse all the hate mails they decided to change Lara.
Assasins creed, lot of hate mails.
ect ect ect

I dont mind them, but i do mind all the flame wars abaut them.

7 hours ago, StillMindz said:

This is true. I served in both Iraq and Afghanistan in the U.S. Army, and Afghanistan as a contractor, and I never saw a female fill a combat related roll as a contractor. There were of course female contractors supplementing the intelligence sector (e.g. certain contracts with L3), construction (e.g contracts with Fluor), etc., but none participating in combat missions or what have you. 

However, this is because contractors like DynCorp or Academi (formerly Blackwater) only fill their combat related contracts with people who served in combat MOS, e.g. 11B, or have applicable law enforcement experience. With that said, women are not allowed in combat MOS, until the very recent push to allow women in combat MOS. Therefore, there are no women (that I've seen) filling combat related contracts because no women have 11B, 18 series, etc. on their resume.

Then again, I can only attest to the American perspective in two theaters of operation. Perhaps things are different in other parts of the world.

That said, given the game is supposedly set around the 2030s, you think there would be women in those PMCs by that point?

13 minutes ago, Semper said:

Maybe a bit blunt but why should they make female chars...its never good. or this is unrealistic or that or they supress woman blah blah. They will get a lot of hate mails from femz. Look what happend to Tombraider, its not the Lara i remember, and that just couse all the hate mails they decided to change Lara.
Assasins creed, lot of hate mails.
ect ect ect

I dont mind them, but i do mind all the flame wars abaut them.

I already answered: SJW-s.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sushi said:

That said, given the game is supposedly set around the 2030s, you think there would be women in those PMCs by that point?

I would imagine so. Last year we saw the first two females to graduate Ranger School. If the trend continues, I have no doubt there will be females serving in roles like what we see in Escape from Tarkov.

Edited by StillMindz

When ever available I play female Characters because they are generally smaller than males and so have smaller hit boxes as well as being more difficult to spot when camping. So to me it is a shame there won't be females. But I understand why there won't be.

On a side note. I am glad Battlefront is a Russian company as they will likely just shrug and say "what ev's brah" when the third wave feminists cry sexism.

Although I  think it would be funny to see Battlefront respond by implementing this as a playable model just to say "up yours"

56fc0b8bef2d9a22682318ebadff2f19.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Cause there is no such thing as a birth unisex male with a hormone disorder that guys and girls could use as a preference.

Host a server with a description to download a model swap if need be.

Edited by Dxl
shorter, point

I recall reading in one of the interviews a few months back that someone asked that question and BSG said there will NOT be female models, 100% certain. TBH they have their hands full with much more important poo.

On 2/24/2016 at 4:23 AM, Falney said:

When ever available I play female Characters because they are generally smaller than males and so have smaller hit boxes as well as being more difficult to spot when camping. So to me it is a shame there won't be females. But I understand why there won't be.

Bigger titboxes = bigger hitboxes

and the photoshop job of that woman's waist is ducking horrendous, freakish even.

Edited by Tarkov_Fan_6969