female character models

Binx

On 2/19/2016 at 9:04 AM, Project said:

This is true, but Im alright with waiting a few extra days to receive female models and animations. You have to take into account that this is a full studio of extremely experienced developers with a dedicated animation branch of the studio, and i'm not quite sure that it would be extremely difficult to dedicate a few days out of maybe two weeks to work on the implementation of female models. And we are a gaming community, made up of both males and females, so proper representation of females could boost sales a tiny bit, but not by much. Oh well, i'm not too upset personally.

I personally am happy there are no females in the game. I think it'd ruin immersion too much for me.

That's not to say I don't think women would be in Tarkov, it's just if the option was available... half the PMC' operators I'd encounter would be female. Doesn't seem statistically realistic. 10-20% I'd be fine with. So I suppose I have an issue with the people BEHIND the desire for female characters, and not the game itself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/02/2016 at 2:54 PM, Frantic said:

Q: Are there going to be female characters? 
A: No female characters are planned.

i can't undurstand in 2017 why we can't imagine a good woman soldier

teeky you are pretty sexist

14 hours ago, Ynopsis said:

i can't undurstand in 2017 why we can't imagine a good woman soldier

teeky you are pretty sexist

You are free to imagine a good woman soldier. I even agree with you that there are certainly good female soldiers currently serving in the real world.

But that has nothing to do with the studio's decision to craft a "front line" that is so brutal there are no women. That's an artistic decision; and it's very clear that they're not going to let the political views of one end of the political spectrum dictate what kind of story they are going to tell. In short, if you want a different game with women soldiers, find that game elsewhere or create it yourself. 

Old post that has been addressed already, bsg doesn't see a female model as necessary for the vision of this project. 

Also the issue of the added work that'd be involved with implementing this.

#locked already discussed