KREION

Swapping mags between team.

KREION

Hello there.

I would like to ask a question regarding magazine swapping between teammates.

I know that it would be possible to just drop a magazine and your friend can pick it up, but I would like to hear your opinion about quick reload by taking a magazine from your partners vest.

There are vests that have magazine hostler on the back where your team can quickly use if they're out.

how this could work is by having a vest that has slots that you can put magazines in them (with the downside of more weight) and when your partner is close to you if he doesn't have ammo he can just reload from your vest.

• Upvote 2

TheWalke

also when you drop your magazine on the ground you can pick it  up again ??? or an mate can pick it up

MadStalker

It would be really interesting but a little bit hard to put in the game i think ...

APMATA

Would be better than drop/pick. Especially in the hard contact.

FWR

Just throw away your item and your teammate will pick it up.
There can be trading window between characters. Like trading wndow in WoW or other MMORPGs.

KREION
5 hours ago, liveAlexios said:

There can be trading window between characters. Like trading wndow in WoW or other MMORPGs.

Dropping a mag down isn't exactly the correct procedure on a two men fire drill.

and no need for a window, just hit reload and your character reaches out and grabs a mag to load.

it's up to you to know your teams load out.

Drakkaar
5 hours ago, liveAlexios said:

Pretty sure I read that there will be no Trading such as that. It was part of a Russian interview translated so it could have just been poorly written but from what I read they won't have that style of trading.

Scruffy

I am interested too to see how this work out! 

Sushi

Honestly, the mag-swap issue aside, Tarkov does really need a way to exchange items fluidly in the field. If you find ammo your teammates need and you can't use, you shouldn't have to leap through hoops to give it to them.

In particular, how do you quickly ask your partner for a magazine, rather than opening a trading interface in general? Does it have its own key binding? Do you have to click on their vest pouch while they're moving and evading fire? It sounds like a difficult mechanic to make useable.

I'd probably just allow your character to drop a fully loaded magazine.

Edited by Sushi

Europoor
1 hour ago, Sushi said:

Honestly, the mag-swap issue aside, Tarkov does really need a way to exchange items fluidly in the field. If you find ammo your teammates need and you can't use, you shouldn't have to leap through hoops to give it to them.

In particular, how do you quickly ask your partner for a magazine, rather than opening a trading interface in general? Does it have its own key binding? Do you have to click on their vest pouch while they're moving and evading fire? It sounds like a difficult mechanic to make useable.

I'd probably just allow your character to drop a fully loaded magazine.

Make a button and a slot for dropping items?

DesertGhillie

I honestly think the easiest way for something like this to be implemented would be to add in a throwing ability to the game. Rather than all this "grabbing from the vest", if we could just throw items (instead of a grenade, throwing a magazine or hell maybe even a gun) it would be perfect. Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but this would be a interesting feature to see - just like how in the trailer the guy throws the m4 to the other PMC near the end.

Sushi
9 hours ago, Europoor said:

Make a button and a slot for dropping items?

IMO? Open inventory overlay, click and drag a magazine off the screen, your character then does the animation of dropping the mag on the ground. Otherwise you'd have to equip a magazine to a slot, which is a roundabout way to do it IMO.

Alternatively, they could just have a "drop ammo for current weapon" button like Half-Life and Source games.