pizzadudecook

Alpha key giveaway (Storytime!)

I have one final Alpha key to give away! 

I'm up for some reading! Give me a story about someone in Tarkov! An experience, a firefight or something! 

You can write it from the perspective of either PMC or Scav!

I will try to read submissions as they are posted. Ends Monday at 4PM (GMT -7)

Only posts in this thread will be considered!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, pizzadudecook said:

I'm up for some reading! Give me a story about someone in Tarkov! An experience, a firefight or something! 

Thanks for the giveaway, friend! I want to get an alpha key for my friend, so I am wondering: Can I post a (slightly edited) version of a story I have posted on the forums already? And secondly, do I pm you or just post it directly here?

Hey pizzadudecook!

Me and my buddy were breaching this building. We heard footsteps everywhere... Roger (my friend) yelled "WATCH OUT!" I crouched and he shot over my head and killed a guy that was about to shoot me in the back! Our position was given away and we held this position for like 15 minutes, and for some reason SO many Scavs and players were attacking us! My buddy got overrun behind us and got shot in the face once, spun him on his face. Roger was now dead, so I was getting overran by two sides of this hallway. I ran out of AR ammo, so I had to use my pistol. I was walking back into this corner until Roger came back. But only had one magazine for my pistol. I eventually ran out of ammo and got shot about 10 times and died. Such an epic moment! 

Thanks for the opportunity! 

Kadena

Edited by Kadena

I owe my life to the man in factory who chose not to shoot me today in the factory. I was making my way to the extraction spot after one of the damn scavs had stolen all of my gear save my P226 and a few rounds. I saw a BEAR not 20 meters ahead of me armed with a kedr. I slowly snuck up on him hoping to sink my axe into his skull, since ammunition is something I can't afford to lose. However he suddenly runs off and I lose him lose him. Not 5 seconds later, 10 meters in front of me I see a fellow USEC clad in armor with a Saiga in his hands.

I had heard stories of the blue on blue fire that had been occurring between supposedly allied operators as the situation in the city deteriorated and I knew my time had come. He looked at me and I looked at him, expecting to be creamed. To my relief, he looked at me and simply nodded. Me, still fully expecting these to be my final moment nodded back. We stare at each other for several seconds and then he turned around, facing the office building. He attempts to signal he is friendly to whom I presumed was another USEC; He was met with a hail of bullets and retreats to cover.

Watching from relative safety, I decide to pull my pistol out of my small satchel to help defend my new found friend. I then look to the man who spared my life and nod as to assure him I had no thought of betraying him, even if for just a second the sinful thought of betraying him had crossed into my mind. Instead, I nodded and he nodded, we both stepped out from cover and lit that asshole up. The aggressor returned fire but fell backwards to the floor; I turned around to look at my friend. He was down on the floor, with a pool of his own blood forming around him.

Struck with sadness that I had lost my friend so soon, I rushed over to his lifeless figure. I tossed on his vest and bag without searching them, knowing that they would have supplies vital to my survival. I grabbed his heavily modified Saiga and in those sad, adrenaline filled moments, I forgot to take his armor. Having grabbed my friends gear, in a fit of rage, I proceeded to empty my last 9x19 bullets into what was now a human Swiss cheese that lay on the ground. It was then that I noticed he had a kedr and wore a now tattered BEAR uniform. It struck me that he was the BEAR who I attempted to kill. This filled me with guilt, perhaps if I had killed this man earlier, my friend would still be alive. In the distance, I could hear scavs yelling in what I could only guess was Russian, as their footsteps got closer I was forced to leave my friend were he lay without even grabbing his dog tags and leave him to the scavs. I was lucky that I was able to find the exit to that factory before the scavs found me, and in doing so I got a step closer to ultimately escaping the god forsaken city of Tarkov.

Whoever you are; I would like to thank you for giving me a chance. After days of hiding and being pushed around, being robbed by scavs, you presented a glimmer of hope. And even in death, your gear and supplies will greatly aid my ultimate escape from Tarkov. I now realize that without this gear, I could never survive, let alone made it out of the city. Thank you my friend and may you rest in piece.

-From the diary of an unknown USEC c. 2028

Diary by - Alexei Albert

Father of two 

Husband

Fighter

Scavenger

Day 1: 00:12

When will this f*cking madness stop, I'm running out of rations, supplies, ammo, and gear. I got mugged by another fellow scavenger yesterday, or so I thought 'fellow'. I wish things went back to the way they were, I loved just sitting down by the fire and reading a story to my two children; 'suka' my son, and 'blat' my daughter. They loved storytime......

tomorrow I need to start heading out as I've been in this little hut for two weeks, and the wind isn't very generous either... I need to find other people, that are civilised and want to help, I once dreamt of me stumbling across a shipping container filled with everything you could possibly ask for, guns and ammo, endless amounts of food and water, that was a nice dream, until I was awoken by the sound of gunfire.

Most of these gunshots seem to be coming from a factory building in the factory compound, I keep wondering whether I should risk my life to save it and go there, see what I can bag.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep, the first gunshot usually occurs at around 05:00am.

Day 2: 03:59pm

Nearly 4, I was able to grab some food from an ababdoned gas station near the factory, before a man in camouflage tried to hit me with a hatchet, I plugged two birdshot into his head, took his hatchet and a random key, then ran. Am I hallucinating?

i saw a couple dead scavengers on the road near the bridge, but I couldn't stop to see what they had because it was too open, oh well, let's hope i find something else.

There has been no sign of rescue or help from the military or police force, if I could contact them somehow, maybe I could signal my location. Only the future can tell.

Day 3: 07:03am

Last night there were two pairs of footsteps around my shack, then clanging on metal, and what sounded like the opening of a box. This morning I found the footprints in the wet mud, the strange thing is, they don't lead anywhere. They just kind of stop in the middle of nowhere... creepy. 

After this occurance, I'm definitely moving, I have been looking at this shipping container east of Tarkov and it looks like a great place to settle down.

The only problem is that there is masses of broken down and rusted cars in the way, and I have no idea how I am going to get past. There has to be a way.

I also found a small green box in between two massive rocks, it looked like there was an airdrop or something, whatever it was, it didn't go to plan. Anyway, from the box I found a Russian pistol with a magazine and ammo, also I found a scope that switched from 1x to 4x , I use it as makeshift binoculars.

I am going to end up dead if I don't find myself another weapon, last night I attempted to kill a pigeon and was unsucessfull. That wasn't the problem, however, compared to what happened after. 

The f*cking end of the barrel exploded and now it is unusable. I would kill for an M4 right now...... literally.

Day 4: 02:35am

Well sh*t. 

I left my shack with all I could carry, prioritising food and ammo. I arrived at the first set of rotting, rusty cars. I started climbing over each, being careful where I stepped as it was late and pitch black, I also had a massive duffel bag on which didn't help either. 

It was all fine before I came to a bus that was blocking the entire road, and the only way through was to break a window on the other side. The only downside to that was it would take time and make slot of noise, but for me it meant life or death so I went for it.

after about 20 minutes of kicking and punching this buses safety glass, it shattered, and for that split second, I felt a glimpse of hope, that I was to survive.

This 'hope' of course went down the drain when I heard what sounded like a 7.62 round hit the concrete floor a few metres away from me. 

Why would there be snipers? I thought they wanted us to Escape From Tarkov, I didnt want to be stuck here any longer, so I ran.

Day 5: 12:34am

Early morning calls for an early breakfast! 

Today is the day that I go hunting, for scavengers. I have no other option, in all out of food and very low on water, I still have all the ammo from my sh*t shotgun and I also have a couple boxes of 7.62.

You are probably thinking, why am I so up beat today, and how am I going to go hunting without a weapon. The answer is that yesterday I went into the factory, hatchet raised, there was a locked room in an office sort of hallway, then I remembered the key!

'Room 3 - Office B'

'This must be it!' I thought, I slipped the key into the keyhole and turned it, 'click' and it opened. I had to be silent as all I could hear were footsteps all around me, high and low.

There wasn't much there, apart from another key with 'Cabin Key' on it, and some Roubles - useless. 

But then, in the corner of my eye, I see a small glare of metal, it was an Ak-47! Even better, it came with a grip and a sight rail for a scope, My scope.

I fitted a magazine, and legged it out of the factory while I had bullets whizzing past my face and torso. I ran so far.

Day 6: 10:34pm

I can't find my backpack. There wasn't anything in it besides the roubles and cabin key, however I needed that bag for everything I left in the 'base'. 

I found a smaller backpack however I can only carry so much, it's either I take You, or another two 7.62 magazines.

Im afraid to say it, but I need the magazines.

We've been through a lot, eh

Youve helped me through this journey, I hope you survive, and I hope I do too.

Best of luck...

If anyone finds this, please return to its owner, Alexei Albert

• Upvote 2

Thunder. Lightning. The endless noise of rain drops falling from the sky, crashing against the ground, and pinging off the metal roof panels of the dilapidated buildings of the now largely abandoned city of Tarkov, as the angry black clouds let loose their fury upon the world beneath them. 

It was around mid day, and Oleksii sat, huddled around a fire pit in an abandoned building that might have been some sort of machine shop before everything went to hell. His companions, Dmitry and Sergey sat with him, both of them looking haggard and weary, their sunken eyes staring into the flickering fires as they huddled for warmth. Their clothes were ragged and dirty, the only bit of salvaged body armor between the three of them worn by Dmitry, their de facto leader, but even he, who once was clean shaven and wellgroomed now looked like someone who might have been a common bum, a vagrant begger on the streets, and Oleksii knew he looked no better as he brushed some of his shaggy hair back from his face.

They were no better than beggers... They were worse in fact. Scavengers, rag pickers checking over the rotting corpse of Tarkov, clinging desperately to life as they searched for anything that might help them survive the territory a little longer against the other bands of Scavs, and against the terrifyingly well trained, and the overwhelmingly armed BEARs sent in by their own government, and even worse, the foreign USEC. Oleksii didn't know what exactly their orders were originally, when sent here. To suppress the fighting? Or to incite it further? 

He barely even knew what had caused it to begin with, he hadn't particularly followed the story of the scandal up until the city exploded with violence and rage. He wasn't a soldier. He was a plumber, a tradesman. He had served his mandatory military time, but that had been years ago, and he was middle aged now, his physical conditioning long since abandoned, but some of the instincts had remained. He had survived the initial collapse of the city. Had tried to escape initially, but Dmitry... Dmitry, the silver tongued bastard had talked him into staying. The conman, and rumored mobster had made a promise. With so much chaos and anarchy, they had a chance to make a fortune. So many store tills to bust open, untended. So many safes that they could crack open and plunder. A few months of looting, and they could be rich as kings when they got out. 

And yet, here they were a few months later. The scavenging crew Dmitry had pulled together, 15 of them at first, had been whittled down to the three of them, huddling for warmth in their makeshift camp, not a rouble to their names, only the clothes on their back, the shotgun resting on Dmitry's lap, the Makarov on Oleksii's hip, and the rusty crowbar that rested on the ground at Sergey's feet. They had eaten their last cans of food the day before, and none of them felt like braving the pouring rain to try and find more. Not when they could hear gunshots all over the city, from the seemingly endless fights that went on. It was impossible to tell who was fighting who now, enough of the BEAR and USEC forces had been overwhelmed by scavenger gangs that their top quality gear had changed hands enough, it was impossible to tell from the sounds of the guns whose side was winning or losing. 

He heaved a heavy sigh now, as he looked over to Sergey now, and saw he was fast asleep, the comforting warmth of the fire having helped him relax enough. But Dmitry, from the look in his eyes, would be lucky to ever sleep properly again. Whether it was from the murders he had commited, or the deaths of his own friends thanks to his scavenging idea, he had been damaged, deep down in the soul. The kind of wound a man might not ever be able to get over. Oleksii wasn't sure why, but he felt a strange sense of calm during all of this. He had panicked at first, as anyone else might, but after the first few deaths he had witness, he found he had just... gotten used to it. Like it was normal, commonplace. His hands no longer shook when he aimed his pistol at another poor bastard scavenging the same spot as them, his aim was true as he squeezed the trigger, and he had taken more lives than he could count by this point.

Finally, Dmitry got to his feet, spurred on by a loud rumbling from his gut, as the hunger overwhelmed his desire to stay dry today. "Let's go, get him up." He told Oleksii in Russian, gesturing towards Sergey.
Oleksii obeyed easily enough, as he walked over, nudging Sergey's leg with his foot. "Up. We're going on a run." Sergey's dull brown eyes opened slowly, before he nodded, grabbing his crowbar in his hands. He had barely spoken a word in the whole time Oleksii had known him, the large man seeming like he was permanently in a state of dazed dreaming. The whole time that they had worked together, Dmitry had never trusted Sergey with a gun. Oleksii knew nothing about him, he had been picked up much more recently, perhaps a month or two ago when there had been six of them. Now it was only the three of them, and only Oleksii to watch Dmitry's back.

Dmitry said nothing more,  either not wanting to waste his words, or perhaps he didn't want to make too much noise, in case someone else was prowling around nearby. They moved silently, or as close to as possible as their mud caked boots crunched through the rubble along the floor, as Dmitry creaked open the back door of the workshop and peeked through the crack into the alleyway. 

It was clear of other people, but litter of all kinds was scattered all over the cracked pavement. Dirty plastic bags, overstuffed black garbage bags, rotted food, spent bullet casings. But nothing new. No one had been this way, and their path was clear as they stepped carefully through the back street, mindful of the puddles as they moved along. 

Oleksii took point, as he always did, pressing himself up against the wet concrete wall of what used to be a convenience store, that had been picked clean in the first few weeks of the crisis, as he peeked around the corner and down the street. He watched for a few moments, but saw no signs of movement as he gestured for his scavenging companions to move up, while he got ready to cover them in case there was an ambush. 

Ruined cars sat idle down the road, some of them charred from explosions, others riddled with holes from various fire fights. Any of them could be hiding an ambush, but it was a chance they had to take. Had gotten used to taking, every day they were here. Sergey pushed up first, his crowbar gripped tightly as he moved from car, to building cover, to a different car, careful to keep his head down in an attempt to stay out of sight.

Next Dmitry moved down the street, in the open, waving his shotgun around as if he expected someone at every corner. How he had lived this long was a mystery to Oleksii, and he found himself almost hoping for the crack of a gunshot and to see Dmitry go down. It would mean freedom from the horrible obligation he felt to the man, but Oleksii was nothing if not true to his word, and he had given his word to help Dmitry in exchange for a cut of it all.
They carried on in this fashion down the street for several blocks, trying to find an old market, or something similar that they hadn't picked over yet, but fortune wasn't in their favour today, as they were soaked through by the merciless rain beating down on the city. 

Cold, wet, and hungry but determined, they stopped now at what appeared to be an apartment complex. Maybe if they were lucky they could find an unlooted suite, find some food that hadn't gone off yet. That was what they really cared about right now, their dreams of scavenging fortunes worth of roubles long since gone.
First they tried the front door of the building, which by some miracle, hadn't been broken yet, only to find it was locked. Still, this was a good bit of fortune. They cut between the apartment and the building next to it around back, and found the back door of the building was also shut. Another stroke of good fortune. Sort of. How were they going to get in? Until Oleksii looked up, and saw the fire escape. 

Thinking quickly, he ran to the building's dumpster, and started wheeling it beneath the ladder of the fire escape, ignoring the noise as Dmitry covered him. When it was in position, Oleksii began climbing up and started trying to slide open the windows he had access to. The first floor was locked, and so he climbed up to the second, as Dmitry and Sergey followed his lead, climbing up behind him. The second floor's windows were also locked, but they got lucky on the third. Finally, one of them slid open wide enough that they could squeeze through, and they found themselves inside the abandoned apartment building, dripping water onto the surprisingly clean floor.

They had hit a jackpot, the building, or at least this room, seemed largely unlooted. Dmitry kept watch on the fire escape they had taken up, shotgun aimed and ready. Moving the dumpster had made a lot of noise and they didn't want uninvited company joining them, not when they had just hit pay dirt. Sergey and Oleksii started searching the apartment, Oleksii starting with the kitchen for food, Sergey checking the bedroom for anything that might be useful.

The Scavengers moved slowly and deliberately now, not wanting to miss anything, as there was no guarantee this building would remain unlooted for them to make a second trip here. Oleksii opened the fridge, checking for any bottled drinks that might have been left behind, but swiftly regretted it as the stench of rot flooded through the room, making him choke and gag as the powerless fridge had become a breeding ground for mold from what might have at one point been produce kept in the fridge. He ignored the freezer, already knowing it was worthless before he lifted a scarf up over his face to try and drown out the stench some, moving onto the cupboards which yielded a much better payout. he didn't bother to check the labels of all the cans he found, before he opened his backpack and started stuffing them in quickly, the metal containers clinking together as he caught a few labels. Soup, some canned fruit, a can of beans... Frankly, he didn't care. It was food. They could eat for a few more days now with this find. And this was just one apartment here, who knew what else they would find in the other suites here?

"You find anything?" Dmitry called to him, hearing something going on in the kitchen now, as he kept his aim locked on the fire escape they had taken up. "A feast!" Came Oleksii's reply, unable to hide the excitement in his voice as he moved back into the general room with Dmitry. Slowly, Sergey walked back into the room, his crowbar gone, cradling an AK-74N in his arms, and a look on his face that made the hairs on the back of Oleksii's neck stand up, his eyes hollow and empty as he began to raise it.
Oleksii didn't have time to yell a warning as he dived for cover, hands scrambling for his Makarov as he heard the shots ring out, and a dull thump as he knew that Dmitry, with his slicked back hair, the silver tongue that had pulled Oleksii into this hell hole when he could have tried to evacuate with the rest of the civilians, was now dead.

"It is alright, Oleksii." Came the deep rumbling voice of the third scav of the group, the bearded giant stepping around the corner with his gun raised. "Now we only share food two ways. It will last longer. Take the parasite's gear, and let us continue to scavenge." It wasn't a request, that rifle was raised and aimed at him, on the floor before he could train the makarov on the murderer.

Oleksii's heart pounded in his chest, as he moved slowly, holstering the pistol that had saved his life so many times before. "Alright. Easy, Sergey. Take it easy. I'm going." The rifle stayed trained on him, as Oleksii got to his feet, his limbs feeling twitchy. It wasn't nerves, it was adrenaline. Being so close to death. He wasn't dead yet, and if Sergey wanted him dead, he would be. But it seemed Sergey had been waiting for this chance for a while. There was more life in his eyes than Oleksii had ever seen before, now he had a gun in his hands.

He made his way over to the body of their now dead leader, his brains painting the patch of floor that he had slumped over at. He hadn't had a chance to react at all. Oleksii pried the shotgun from his hands now, scavenging his pockets for the handful of loose shells they had managed to hold onto for it, before he shuffled the tattered body armor off the corpse, donning it himself before slipping on his backpack again as his heart started to slow down now.

"You think me insane." It wasn't a question. "I am not." That remained to be seen, but Oleksii had no choice but to listen. "We are both good at this, Oleksii. Very good. I do not know how you came to be, but I am not a simple scavenger. I am not here to look for money to bring home. That money comes from my employers." Oleksii's ears perked up now. What was he getting at? "I am a BEAR." In the old days, before all of this, Oleksii might have made a joke about how that was obvious to look at him, huge hairy man that he was. But Oleksii knew that term meant something entirely different these days. 

"duck you, Sergey. Why did you not tell us? In fact, why have you not killed us sooner? What were you even doing when we found you, unarmed and alone?" Oleksii's voice was calm, there was no venom behind the curse, as Sergey pointed one finger towards Dmitry now. "Firstly, I did not tell you because of him. He would have killed me. I had to wait until I could sneak a gun and kill him, first. Secondly, I have been on an undercover operation to infiltrate a group of scavs and try to find out where their main base is. I've bounced through at least four groups but I've only discovered that there is no base. No organization. There's no shadow group behind them to distract the BEAR investigation of Terra Group. They are just people, like you and I. Desperate, struggling to survive in this land many called their home, perhaps too stubborn, or too stupid to leave it."

Oleksii listened to all of this now, carefully weighing Sergey's words and watching for any signs of a lie, as the giant of a man seemed to be coming more alive as he opened up about his past, and his goals. "I am making you an offer, Oleksii. One you will never get again. Extract with me, my mission is over. Come with me. I can put in a good word for you. You can join us. Food, shelter, real equipment. Fellow soldiers to watch your back in Tarkov. We may have been left here, but we still have a mission, and will complete it. Be part of something bigger than all of this, Oleksii."

He had to laugh. This was so absurd, all of this. He had been starving and struggling, and killing for months, and now someone who he had known for a fraction of that was offering him an opportunity for a better life? "Why are you trusting me with this?" he asked, before Sergey met his gaze evenly. "You have saved my life twice now. I am owe you, and I pay my debts. First, I am sparing your life here. That is one debt repaid. Now I am offering you the chance for something better, to put your skills to use." The scavenger stared the Bear down long and hard, before he shrugged. He had nothing to lose. His wife and son had evacuated, and his brother had been killed during the initial fighting in the city. He had no family left here. Even if he got out of this mess, he didn't think he could go back to his wife knowing how much blood had stained his hands. He would never be able to touch his son for fear of the blood wiping off on him.

It was a longshot. But at this point, he had nothing left to lose. And Sergey knew it, damn him. Clever bastard. 
"Alright." Oleksii's voice sounded strange to his own ears. "I'll join you. I'm dead if I stay here alone, anyways. Let's clear this building for ammo, and then go. You lead the way to your extraction point, and I will cover your rear. " For the first time since they had started surviving together, Sergey smiled. 

It wasn't as chilling as Oleksii expected, especially for the man having just killed someone. It seemed genuine, as he was finally able to let down his guard, that rifle lowered. "That's what I like to hear! Come on, let's leave this waste of flesh." Her made his way for the door, and Oleksii considered snapping his Makarov out and shooting Sergey in the back, but he knew he was guaranteed dead if he stayed here alone.

The two of them picked through the apartment building quickly, looking mostly for weapons or ammunition, though neither had much luck. Oleksii came out with another Magazine for his Makarov, and a full box of shotgun shells for his double barrel while Sergey had filled his own backpack with food, and some loose ammunition but no more magazines.

They crept out of the building, and into the storm now, their path relatively clear as Sergey picked through the streets and alleyways, following a mental map that Oleksii had no knowledge of. If Sergey went down, Oleksii would be lost. But the man moved with the careful experience of someone who was used to this. He knew just where to push up, where to cross, what to use as cover and what not to, and Oleksii picked up on it quick, soon mimicking him and learning the patterns he used.

Everything was smooth sailing, until the crack of gunfire rang out and fragments of wall leapt free, as bullets whizzed past the two of them. Both hit the ground, ignoring the puddles, and the rain water that they wallowed in as they could hear footsteps. Two or three sets, but it was difficult to say. Oleksii crawled now, taking cover behind a car as he got his shotgun ready, heart pounding in his chest. 

He caught Sergey's gaze, who have him a signal to hold as a voice called out in english. Oleksii spoke only the barest minimum of it, enough to tell tourists to duck off, but Sergey seemed to understand, and grinned. "They want us to surrender." Oleksii blinked now, before he peeked out from his cover for a brief moment before pulling back, a bullet ripped past his head and into sidewalk. "I don't think so." He was getting ready to pop up over the cover and fire, when Sergey motioned for him to hold. 

The BEAR reached into his coat, and pulled out a hidden frag grenade he had been hiding all this time apparently. He gave Oleksii a signal to hush, before he pulled the pin and lobbed it over his head towards where the, presumably, USEC troopers were. There were yells as the grenade hit the ground with a little splash before it went off.

Before they could know if the grenade was successful or not, they both popped out from their cover to open fire in an attempt to take advantage of the confusion it had sown. The grenade had gotten one of the USEC, a look of shock and bewilderment on his face as he lay on his back in the rain, blood leaking from his body to mingle with the water, as the other two USEC had moved for cover. Gunfire echoed over the sounds of the thunder in the sky, and as everything settled, the three USEC members lay dead on the ground. Sergey had planted several rounds into the legs and then head of the one he had tagged, while Oleksii had empted both barrels of his shotgun into the legs of the last one, tossing his shotgun aside and closing the distance with a sprint as he ripped his makarov free of its holster, planting one last round in the screaming soldier's head. They wasted no time, Oleksii grabbing one of the american made rifles now and rummaging quickly for backup magazines and ammo for it before they broke into a sprint down the street. 

They had made it close to an edge of Tarkov, close to the extraction point that some of the BEARs maintained, or at least they had when Sergey had gone in. But they didn't have time to think about this, that gunfight would attract scavs and other PMCs. Sergey wasn't in BEAR uniform, and would be a target for his fellows unless he had the chance to tell them the code that he had been given to ensure safe passage, and given how dangerous Tarkov was, he confided that the odds of being allowed to speak while in the field were low at best. 

So they ran, all pretense of cautious cover movement thrown aside. They hit the city limits and ran out into the woods, panting for air but they stopped to take a rest once they hit the tree line, sheltering from the storm.
Sergey at least seemed in decent shape, but Oleksii was so out of it, as he doubled over for breath he was starting to have second thoughts. But he was startled from his thoughts by the sounds of gunfire from where they had come from, possibly people hoping to scavenge from the remains that had been left behind.

"Let's go. We are almost there." Oleksii nodded, straightening up at least somewhat, as he let Sergey continue to lead him through the woods. A path could be seen in the mud and durt beneath their feet, a path that he realized was likely walked by dozens of BEARs regularly. As he was about to panic, Sergey glanced at him. "Do not worry. The only people who know this trail are BEARs, like me. They will not shoot without hearing us first."

Normally Oleksii would have been skeptical, but he was too tired to care at this point. Sergey had done an alright job leading them so far, what was a little further? As they followed the trail, suddenly from the bushes they were surrounded, the clicking of rifles being trained on them echoed, before a voice called out. "Hold fire!" One man stepped out from their ambush point, a smile on his face as he greeted Sergey like an old friend. "Sergey Dragovich, you crazy bastard! It's been so long, we thought you were dead!" His smiled dimmed some however, as his eyes slipped past his returning comrade, and to Oleksii who shuffled nervously as he slowly put his shotgun down on the ground.

"Who is your baggage?" the man asked Sergey now, his tone harsh. 

"A friend. A scav who saved me. I am returning the favour. He's a decent shot, and he's got good instincts. I thought we could use some friesh blood." Sergey's voice was still friendly with his companion, and it was clear that he was relieved to be back among friends. Too long behind enemy lines.

The man who seemed to be the leader of this group of BEARs looked over Oleksii carefully, giving a little disapproving sniff, before he nodded. "Very well. Normally this would not be acceptable, but we just lost a team last week. We do need the fresh blood." He turned his focus back to Sergey now. "And your report?" 

Sergey shook his head now. "Later. For now, let's get back to the trader camp. I need a drink, and a good meal." The leader opened his mouth as if to argue, before he nodded. "Very well, you have been away too long. Let's pack up and move it out!" The Bears moved swiftly, as Oleksii picked up his shotgun once again, following the group back to their camp, breathing easier now, as he glanced upwards to the storm clouds above.

What had started out as a miserable day had been a whirlwind of activity, and it seemed was the beginning of something new. Oleksii smiled now. Oleksi Pivenko, BEAR. It had a nice ring to it, he had to admit.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, keep up the great stories! I also wanted to point out that my story was based off of an encounter I had in game a while back, shamelessly turned into a story. :D 

I deploy into Factory, I open a door to leave the spawn point and then... *DUNN DUNN DUNNNN*.....

Shotgunned in the back.

End.

Eine Hautnah Erfahrung von letzter Nacht.
Gestern mussten wir unser Medizin Depot beschützen, vor einer PMC Groupe.
Sie versuchten es mit einen Hinterhalt weil wir wohl einen Spion in unseren Reihen haben.
Ihre Information über unsere Standort und wieviele Wachen an dem Abend da sind waren
zu Genau. Wir hörten Explosionen und Schüsse aus richtung Dormitory. Nach kurzer Zeit
wurde es plötzig wieder ruhig. Das wir in der Zeit umlaufen wurden von den PMCs welche
einen 20 Mann Starken Trupp von den Straßen Tarkovs aus Los schickten. Dass mussten
wir erst 1 Stunde danach am eigenen Leib Spüren Ich verlore 3 Leute aus meines Wachtrupps
und die restlichen 5 waren Verwundet. Wir konnten uns nur Richtung Parkside zurückziehen,
unserer Depot in High Rise mussten wir aufgeben. Es flogen uns einfach zuviele Kugeln um
die Ohren. Nun haben wir auch noch unseren letztes Medizin Depot verloren.

Lasst uns Schauen wie Wir dieses Problem regeln können SGT.pizzadudecook hatte wieder
den nächsten Trupp Rekurtiert. Mit der neuen Stärke werden wir unser Depot wieder Zurück
Erobern.

A Very closely experience of the last night.
Yesterday we had to protect our medicine depot, from a PMC Groupe.
They tried it with an ambush because we probably a spy in our rows have.
Their information about our location and how many guards in the evening are there were
Too exactly. We heard explosions and shots from direction Dormitory. After a short time
if it became quiet plötzig again. We were run around in the time by the PMCs which
20 man strong troop of the streets Tarkovs from lot sent. The fact that had to go
we only 1 hour ago on own body feeling I verlore 3 people from my awake troop
and the remaining 5 were a wounded. We could withdraw only direction Parkside,
of our depot in High Rise we had to surrender. Zuviele balls simply flew to us around
the ears. Now we have still lost ours the last medicine depot.

Allow to be able to regulate to us looking like We this problem SGT.pizzadudecook had again
the next troop Rekurtiert. With the new strength we become our depot again Back
Conquer.

Близко к сердцу опыт прошлой ночи.
Вчера мы должны были охранять нашу медицину склад, от PMC Groupe.
Они пробовали это с засадой так как мы, пожалуй, шпиона в наших рядах имеют.
Ее информация через наше место и сколько охран вечером там были
Слишком точно. Мы слышали взрывы и выстрелы из направления Dormitory. Вскоре
если это становилось снова спокойным plötzig. Вокруг нас во время обегали PMCs который
20 мужчин Сильную группу улиц Tarkovs из жребия посылали. То, что должны были идти
мы лишь 1 ч. назад на собственном теле чувствование Я verlore 3 человек из моей бодрствующей группы
и остальные 5 были раненым. Мы могли удаляться только направление Parkside,
мы должны были сдаваться нашему складу в High Rise. zuviele шары управляли нам это просто вокруг
уши. Теперь мы потеряли также нашим последнюю медицину склад.

Позволяете смочь регулировать нам рассмотрение как Мы эту проблему SGT.pizzadudecook получал назад
следующую группу Rekurtiert. С новой силой мы будем снова Назад нашим складом
Захватывать.

We were 3 Peoples that want Try out the Game before we Buy it.
And Sorry for the Bad English Translation. i´m from German !

In Deutsch klingt es am besten! :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D3ATH1989 said:

Eine Hautnah Erfahrung von letzter Nacht.
Gestern mussten wir unser Medizin Depot beschützen, vor einer PMC Groupe.
Sie versuchten es mit einen Hinterhalt weil wir wohl einen Spion in unseren Reihen haben.
Ihre Information über unsere Standort und wieviele Wachen an dem Abend da sind waren
zu Genau. Wir hörten Explosionen und Schüsse aus richtung Dormitory. Nach kurzer Zeit
wurde es plötzig wieder ruhig. Das wir in der Zeit umlaufen wurden von den PMCs welche
einen 20 Mann Starken Trupp von den Straßen Tarkovs aus Los schickten. Dass mussten
wir erst 1 Stunde danach am eigenen Leib Spüren Ich verlore 3 Leute aus meines Wachtrupps
und die restlichen 5 waren Verwundet. Wir konnten uns nur Richtung Parkside zurückziehen,
unserer Depot in High Rise mussten wir aufgeben. Es flogen uns einfach zuviele Kugeln um
die Ohren. Nun haben wir auch noch unseren letztes Medizin Depot verloren.

Lasst uns Schauen wie Wir dieses Problem regeln können SGT.pizzadudecook hatte wieder
den nächsten Trupp Rekurtiert. Mit der neuen Stärke werden wir unser Depot wieder Zurück
Erobern.

A Very closely experience of the last night.
Yesterday we had to protect our medicine depot, from a PMC Groupe.
They tried it with an ambush because we probably a spy in our rows have.
Their information about our location and how many guards in the evening are there were
Too exactly. We heard explosions and shots from direction Dormitory. After a short time
if it became quiet plötzig again. We were run around in the time by the PMCs which
20 man strong troop of the streets Tarkovs from lot sent. The fact that had to go
we only 1 hour ago on own body feeling I verlore 3 people from my awake troop
and the remaining 5 were a wounded. We could withdraw only direction Parkside,
of our depot in High Rise we had to surrender. Zuviele balls simply flew to us around
the ears. Now we have still lost ours the last medicine depot.

Allow to be able to regulate to us looking like We this problem SGT.pizzadudecook had again
the next troop Rekurtiert. With the new strength we become our depot again Back
Conquer.

Близко к сердцу опыт прошлой ночи.
Вчера мы должны были охранять нашу медицину склад, от PMC Groupe.
Они пробовали это с засадой так как мы, пожалуй, шпиона в наших рядах имеют.
Ее информация через наше место и сколько охран вечером там были
Слишком точно. Мы слышали взрывы и выстрелы из направления Dormitory. Вскоре
если это становилось снова спокойным plötzig. Вокруг нас во время обегали PMCs который
20 мужчин Сильную группу улиц Tarkovs из жребия посылали. То, что должны были идти
мы лишь 1 ч. назад на собственном теле чувствование Я verlore 3 человек из моей бодрствующей группы
и остальные 5 были раненым. Мы могли удаляться только направление Parkside,
мы должны были сдаваться нашему складу в High Rise. zuviele шары управляли нам это просто вокруг
уши. Теперь мы потеряли также нашим последнюю медицину склад.

Позволяете смочь регулировать нам рассмотрение как Мы эту проблему SGT.pizzadudecook получал назад
следующую группу Rekurtiert. С новой силой мы будем снова Назад нашим складом
Захватывать.

We were 3 Peoples that want Try out the Game before we Buy it.
And Sorry for the Bad English Translation. i´m from German !

In Deutsch klingt es am besten! :)

Ahhhh, the good olde Google Translate xD 

but seriously, nice story man i enjoyed reading it!

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Tiruen:

Thunder. Lightning. The endless noise of rain drops falling from the sky, crashing against the ground, and pinging off the metal roof panels of the dilapidated buildings of the now largely abandoned city of Tarkov, as the angry black clouds let loose their fury upon the world beneath them. 

It was around mid day, and Oleksii sat, huddled around a fire pit in an abandoned building that might have been some sort of machine shop before everything went to hell. His companions, Dmitry and Sergey sat with him, both of them looking haggard and weary, their sunken eyes staring into the flickering fires as they huddled for warmth. Their clothes were ragged and dirty, the only bit of salvaged body armor between the three of them worn by Dmitry, their de facto leader, but even he, who once was clean shaven and wellgroomed now looked like someone who might have been a common bum, a vagrant begger on the streets, and Oleksii knew he looked no better as he brushed some of his shaggy hair back from his face.

They were no better than beggers... They were worse in fact. Scavengers, rag pickers checking over the rotting corpse of Tarkov, clinging desperately to life as they searched for anything that might help them survive the territory a little longer against the other bands of Scavs, and against the terrifyingly well trained, and the overwhelmingly armed BEARs sent in by their own government, and even worse, the foreign USEC. Oleksii didn't know what exactly their orders were originally, when sent here. To suppress the fighting? Or to incite it further? 

He barely even knew what had caused it to begin with, he hadn't particularly followed the story of the scandal up until the city exploded with violence and rage. He wasn't a soldier. He was a plumber, a tradesman. He had served his mandatory military time, but that had been years ago, and he was middle aged now, his physical conditioning long since abandoned, but some of the instincts had remained. He had survived the initial collapse of the city. Had tried to escape initially, but Dmitry... Dmitry, the silver tongued bastard had talked him into staying. The conman, and rumored mobster had made a promise. With so much chaos and anarchy, they had a chance to make a fortune. So many store tills to bust open, untended. So many safes that they could crack open and plunder. A few months of looting, and they could be rich as kings when they got out. 

And yet, here they were a few months later. The scavenging crew Dmitry had pulled together, 15 of them at first, had been whittled down to the three of them, huddling for warmth in their makeshift camp, not a rouble to their names, only the clothes on their back, the shotgun resting on Dmitry's lap, the Makarov on Oleksii's hip, and the rusty crowbar that rested on the ground at Sergey's feet. They had eaten their last cans of food the day before, and none of them felt like braving the pouring rain to try and find more. Not when they could hear gunshots all over the city, from the seemingly endless fights that went on. It was impossible to tell who was fighting who now, enough of the BEAR and USEC forces had been overwhelmed by scavenger gangs that their top quality gear had changed hands enough, it was impossible to tell from the sounds of the guns whose side was winning or losing. 

He heaved a heavy sigh now, as he looked over to Sergey now, and saw he was fast asleep, the comforting warmth of the fire having helped him relax enough. But Dmitry, from the look in his eyes, would be lucky to ever sleep properly again. Whether it was from the murders he had commited, or the deaths of his own friends thanks to his scavenging idea, he had been damaged, deep down in the soul. The kind of wound a man might not ever be able to get over. Oleksii wasn't sure why, but he felt a strange sense of calm during all of this. He had panicked at first, as anyone else might, but after the first few deaths he had witness, he found he had just... gotten used to it. Like it was normal, commonplace. His hands no longer shook when he aimed his pistol at another poor bastard scavenging the same spot as them, his aim was true as he squeezed the trigger, and he had taken more lives than he could count by this point.

Finally, Dmitry got to his feet, spurred on by a loud rumbling from his gut, as the hunger overwhelmed his desire to stay dry today. "Let's go, get him up." He told Oleksii in Russian, gesturing towards Sergey.
Oleksii obeyed easily enough, as he walked over, nudging Sergey's leg with his foot. "Up. We're going on a run." Sergey's dull brown eyes opened slowly, before he nodded, grabbing his crowbar in his hands. He had barely spoken a word in the whole time Oleksii had known him, the large man seeming like he was permanently in a state of dazed dreaming. The whole time that they had worked together, Dmitry had never trusted Sergey with a gun. Oleksii knew nothing about him, he had been picked up much more recently, perhaps a month or two ago when there had been six of them. Now it was only the three of them, and only Oleksii to watch Dmitry's back.

Dmitry said nothing more,  either not wanting to waste his words, or perhaps he didn't want to make too much noise, in case someone else was prowling around nearby. They moved silently, or as close to as possible as their mud caked boots crunched through the rubble along the floor, as Dmitry creaked open the back door of the workshop and peeked through the crack into the alleyway. 

It was clear of other people, but litter of all kinds was scattered all over the cracked pavement. Dirty plastic bags, overstuffed black garbage bags, rotted food, spent bullet casings. But nothing new. No one had been this way, and their path was clear as they stepped carefully through the back street, mindful of the puddles as they moved along. 

Oleksii took point, as he always did, pressing himself up against the wet concrete wall of what used to be a convenience store, that had been picked clean in the first few weeks of the crisis, as he peeked around the corner and down the street. He watched for a few moments, but saw no signs of movement as he gestured for his scavenging companions to move up, while he got ready to cover them in case there was an ambush. 

Ruined cars sat idle down the road, some of them charred from explosions, others riddled with holes from various fire fights. Any of them could be hiding an ambush, but it was a chance they had to take. Had gotten used to taking, every day they were here. Sergey pushed up first, his crowbar gripped tightly as he moved from car, to building cover, to a different car, careful to keep his head down in an attempt to stay out of sight.

Next Dmitry moved down the street, in the open, waving his shotgun around as if he expected someone at every corner. How he had lived this long was a mystery to Oleksii, and he found himself almost hoping for the crack of a gunshot and to see Dmitry go down. It would mean freedom from the horrible obligation he felt to the man, but Oleksii was nothing if not true to his word, and he had given his word to help Dmitry in exchange for a cut of it all.
They carried on in this fashion down the street for several blocks, trying to find an old market, or something similar that they hadn't picked over yet, but fortune wasn't in their favour today, as they were soaked through by the merciless rain beating down on the city. 

Cold, wet, and hungry but determined, they stopped now at what appeared to be an apartment complex. Maybe if they were lucky they could find an unlooted suite, find some food that hadn't gone off yet. That was what they really cared about right now, their dreams of scavenging fortunes worth of roubles long since gone.
First they tried the front door of the building, which by some miracle, hadn't been broken yet, only to find it was locked. Still, this was a good bit of fortune. They cut between the apartment and the building next to it around back, and found the back door of the building was also shut. Another stroke of good fortune. Sort of. How were they going to get in? Until Oleksii looked up, and saw the fire escape. 

Thinking quickly, he ran to the building's dumpster, and started wheeling it beneath the ladder of the fire escape, ignoring the noise as Dmitry covered him. When it was in position, Oleksii began climbing up and started trying to slide open the windows he had access to. The first floor was locked, and so he climbed up to the second, as Dmitry and Sergey followed his lead, climbing up behind him. The second floor's windows were also locked, but they got lucky on the third. Finally, one of them slid open wide enough that they could squeeze through, and they found themselves inside the abandoned apartment building, dripping water onto the surprisingly clean floor.

They had hit a jackpot, the building, or at least this room, seemed largely unlooted. Dmitry kept watch on the fire escape they had taken up, shotgun aimed and ready. Moving the dumpster had made a lot of noise and they didn't want uninvited company joining them, not when they had just hit pay dirt. Sergey and Oleksii started searching the apartment, Oleksii starting with the kitchen for food, Sergey checking the bedroom for anything that might be useful.

The Scavengers moved slowly and deliberately now, not wanting to miss anything, as there was no guarantee this building would remain unlooted for them to make a second trip here. Oleksii opened the fridge, checking for any bottled drinks that might have been left behind, but swiftly regretted it as the stench of rot flooded through the room, making him choke and gag as the powerless fridge had become a breeding ground for mold from what might have at one point been produce kept in the fridge. He ignored the freezer, already knowing it was worthless before he lifted a scarf up over his face to try and drown out the stench some, moving onto the cupboards which yielded a much better payout. he didn't bother to check the labels of all the cans he found, before he opened his backpack and started stuffing them in quickly, the metal containers clinking together as he caught a few labels. Soup, some canned fruit, a can of beans... Frankly, he didn't care. It was food. They could eat for a few more days now with this find. And this was just one apartment here, who knew what else they would find in the other suites here?

"You find anything?" Dmitry called to him, hearing something going on in the kitchen now, as he kept his aim locked on the fire escape they had taken up. "A feast!" Came Oleksii's reply, unable to hide the excitement in his voice as he moved back into the general room with Dmitry. Slowly, Sergey walked back into the room, his crowbar gone, cradling an AK-74N in his arms, and a look on his face that made the hairs on the back of Oleksii's neck stand up, his eyes hollow and empty as he began to raise it.
Oleksii didn't have time to yell a warning as he dived for cover, hands scrambling for his Makarov as he heard the shots ring out, and a dull thump as he knew that Dmitry, with his slicked back hair, the silver tongue that had pulled Oleksii into this hell hole when he could have tried to evacuate with the rest of the civilians, was now dead.

"It is alright, Oleksii." Came the deep rumbling voice of the third scav of the group, the bearded giant stepping around the corner with his gun raised. "Now we only share food two ways. It will last longer. Take the parasite's gear, and let us continue to scavenge." It wasn't a request, that rifle was raised and aimed at him, on the floor before he could train the makarov on the murderer.

Oleksii's heart pounded in his chest, as he moved slowly, holstering the pistol that had saved his life so many times before. "Alright. Easy, Sergey. Take it easy. I'm going." The rifle stayed trained on him, as Oleksii got to his feet, his limbs feeling twitchy. It wasn't nerves, it was adrenaline. Being so close to death. He wasn't dead yet, and if Sergey wanted him dead, he would be. But it seemed Sergey had been waiting for this chance for a while. There was more life in his eyes than Oleksii had ever seen before, now he had a gun in his hands.

He made his way over to the body of their now dead leader, his brains painting the patch of floor that he had slumped over at. He hadn't had a chance to react at all. Oleksii pried the shotgun from his hands now, scavenging his pockets for the handful of loose shells they had managed to hold onto for it, before he shuffled the tattered body armor off the corpse, donning it himself before slipping on his backpack again as his heart started to slow down now.

"You think me insane." It wasn't a question. "I am not." That remained to be seen, but Oleksii had no choice but to listen. "We are both good at this, Oleksii. Very good. I do not know how you came to be, but I am not a simple scavenger. I am not here to look for money to bring home. That money comes from my employers." Oleksii's ears perked up now. What was he getting at? "I am a BEAR." In the old days, before all of this, Oleksii might have made a joke about how that was obvious to look at him, huge hairy man that he was. But Oleksii knew that term meant something entirely different these days. 

"duck you, Sergey. Why did you not tell us? In fact, why have you not killed us sooner? What were you even doing when we found you, unarmed and alone?" Oleksii's voice was calm, there was no venom behind the curse, as Sergey pointed one finger towards Dmitry now. "Firstly, I did not tell you because of him. He would have killed me. I had to wait until I could sneak a gun and kill him, first. Secondly, I have been on an undercover operation to infiltrate a group of scavs and try to find out where their main base is. I've bounced through at least four groups but I've only discovered that there is no base. No organization. There's no shadow group behind them to distract the BEAR investigation of Terra Group. They are just people, like you and I. Desperate, struggling to survive in this land many called their home, perhaps too stubborn, or too stupid to leave it."

Oleksii listened to all of this now, carefully weighing Sergey's words and watching for any signs of a lie, as the giant of a man seemed to be coming more alive as he opened up about his past, and his goals. "I am making you an offer, Oleksii. One you will never get again. Extract with me, my mission is over. Come with me. I can put in a good word for you. You can join us. Food, shelter, real equipment. Fellow soldiers to watch your back in Tarkov. We may have been left here, but we still have a mission, and will complete it. Be part of something bigger than all of this, Oleksii."

He had to laugh. This was so absurd, all of this. He had been starving and struggling, and killing for months, and now someone who he had known for a fraction of that was offering him an opportunity for a better life? "Why are you trusting me with this?" he asked, before Sergey met his gaze evenly. "You have saved my life twice now. I am owe you, and I pay my debts. First, I am sparing your life here. That is one debt repaid. Now I am offering you the chance for something better, to put your skills to use." The scavenger stared the Bear down long and hard, before he shrugged. He had nothing to lose. His wife and son had evacuated, and his brother had been killed during the initial fighting in the city. He had no family left here. Even if he got out of this mess, he didn't think he could go back to his wife knowing how much blood had stained his hands. He would never be able to touch his son for fear of the blood wiping off on him.

It was a longshot. But at this point, he had nothing left to lose. And Sergey knew it, damn him. Clever bastard. 
"Alright." Oleksii's voice sounded strange to his own ears. "I'll join you. I'm dead if I stay here alone, anyways. Let's clear this building for ammo, and then go. You lead the way to your extraction point, and I will cover your rear. " For the first time since they had started surviving together, Sergey smiled. 

It wasn't as chilling as Oleksii expected, especially for the man having just killed someone. It seemed genuine, as he was finally able to let down his guard, that rifle lowered. "That's what I like to hear! Come on, let's leave this waste of flesh." Her made his way for the door, and Oleksii considered snapping his Makarov out and shooting Sergey in the back, but he knew he was guaranteed dead if he stayed here alone.

The two of them picked through the apartment building quickly, looking mostly for weapons or ammunition, though neither had much luck. Oleksii came out with another Magazine for his Makarov, and a full box of shotgun shells for his double barrel while Sergey had filled his own backpack with food, and some loose ammunition but no more magazines.

They crept out of the building, and into the storm now, their path relatively clear as Sergey picked through the streets and alleyways, following a mental map that Oleksii had no knowledge of. If Sergey went down, Oleksii would be lost. But the man moved with the careful experience of someone who was used to this. He knew just where to push up, where to cross, what to use as cover and what not to, and Oleksii picked up on it quick, soon mimicking him and learning the patterns he used.

Everything was smooth sailing, until the crack of gunfire rang out and fragments of wall leapt free, as bullets whizzed past the two of them. Both hit the ground, ignoring the puddles, and the rain water that they wallowed in as they could hear footsteps. Two or three sets, but it was difficult to say. Oleksii crawled now, taking cover behind a car as he got his shotgun ready, heart pounding in his chest. 

He caught Sergey's gaze, who have him a signal to hold as a voice called out in english. Oleksii spoke only the barest minimum of it, enough to tell tourists to duck off, but Sergey seemed to understand, and grinned. "They want us to surrender." Oleksii blinked now, before he peeked out from his cover for a brief moment before pulling back, a bullet ripped past his head and into sidewalk. "I don't think so." He was getting ready to pop up over the cover and fire, when Sergey motioned for him to hold. 

The BEAR reached into his coat, and pulled out a hidden frag grenade he had been hiding all this time apparently. He gave Oleksii a signal to hush, before he pulled the pin and lobbed it over his head towards where the, presumably, USEC troopers were. There were yells as the grenade hit the ground with a little splash before it went off.

Before they could know if the grenade was successful or not, they both popped out from their cover to open fire in an attempt to take advantage of the confusion it had sown. The grenade had gotten one of the USEC, a look of shock and bewilderment on his face as he lay on his back in the rain, blood leaking from his body to mingle with the water, as the other two USEC had moved for cover. Gunfire echoed over the sounds of the thunder in the sky, and as everything settled, the three USEC members lay dead on the ground. Sergey had planted several rounds into the legs and then head of the one he had tagged, while Oleksii had empted both barrels of his shotgun into the legs of the last one, tossing his shotgun aside and closing the distance with a sprint as he ripped his makarov free of its holster, planting one last round in the screaming soldier's head. They wasted no time, Oleksii grabbing one of the american made rifles now and rummaging quickly for backup magazines and ammo for it before they broke into a sprint down the street. 

They had made it close to an edge of Tarkov, close to the extraction point that some of the BEARs maintained, or at least they had when Sergey had gone in. But they didn't have time to think about this, that gunfight would attract scavs and other PMCs. Sergey wasn't in BEAR uniform, and would be a target for his fellows unless he had the chance to tell them the code that he had been given to ensure safe passage, and given how dangerous Tarkov was, he confided that the odds of being allowed to speak while in the field were low at best. 

So they ran, all pretense of cautious cover movement thrown aside. They hit the city limits and ran out into the woods, panting for air but they stopped to take a rest once they hit the tree line, sheltering from the storm.
Sergey at least seemed in decent shape, but Oleksii was so out of it, as he doubled over for breath he was starting to have second thoughts. But he was startled from his thoughts by the sounds of gunfire from where they had come from, possibly people hoping to scavenge from the remains that had been left behind.

"Let's go. We are almost there." Oleksii nodded, straightening up at least somewhat, as he let Sergey continue to lead him through the woods. A path could be seen in the mud and durt beneath their feet, a path that he realized was likely walked by dozens of BEARs regularly. As he was about to panic, Sergey glanced at him. "Do not worry. The only people who know this trail are BEARs, like me. They will not shoot without hearing us first."

Normally Oleksii would have been skeptical, but he was too tired to care at this point. Sergey had done an alright job leading them so far, what was a little further? As they followed the trail, suddenly from the bushes they were surrounded, the clicking of rifles being trained on them echoed, before a voice called out. "Hold fire!" One man stepped out from their ambush point, a smile on his face as he greeted Sergey like an old friend. "Sergey Dragovich, you crazy bastard! It's been so long, we thought you were dead!" His smiled dimmed some however, as his eyes slipped past his returning comrade, and to Oleksii who shuffled nervously as he slowly put his shotgun down on the ground.

"A friend. A scav who saved me. I am returning the favour. He's a decent shot, and he's got good instincts. I thought we could use some friesh blood." Sergey's voice was still friendly with his companion, and it was clear that he was relieved to be back among friends. Too long behind enemy lines.

The man who seemed to be the leader of this group of BEARs looked over Oleksii carefully, giving a little disapproving sniff, before he nodded. "Very well. Normally this would not be acceptable, but we just lost a team last week. We do need the fresh blood." He turned his focus back to Sergey now. "And your report?" 

Sergey shook his head now. "Later. For now, let's get back to the trader camp. I need a drink, and a good meal." The leader opened his mouth as if to argue, before he nodded. "Very well, you have been away too long. Let's pack up and move it out!" The Bears moved swiftly, as Oleksii picked up his shotgun once again, following the group back to their camp, breathing easier now, as he glanced upwards to the storm clouds above.

What had started out as a miserable day had been a whirlwind of activity, and it seemed was the beginning of something new. Oleksii smiled now. Oleksi Pivenko, BEAR. It had a nice ring to it, he had to admit.

Thank you so much for that great piece of art.... I thoroughly enjoyed every second i spend on reading this

22 hours ago, pizzadudecook said:

Only posts in this thread will be considered!

did you mean today or next Monday?

Closing the giveaway! I have a few errands to run and I will announce the winner in an hour or two! (Gotta make you guys sweat a little)

Anything after this post will not be counted for the giveaway, but you are more than welcome to share anyways!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tiruen said:

Winner of the giveaway! @Tiruen! Check your inbox soon for the key! Awesome work everyone though! Some great stuff!

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot everyone! It's just something I hanmered out quick in a few hours with virtually no proofreading, but I really enjoyed writing it and may do more. I'm so excited! Soon as I'm home tonight I'm gonna get it installed.

• Upvote 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Tiruen:

Thanks a lot everyone! It's just something I hanmered out quick in a few hours with virtually no proofreading, but I really enjoyed writing it and may do more. I'm so excited! Soon as I'm home tonight I'm gonna get it installed.

Gratulation and Enjoy and Test with your Alpha Invite, help to Improve the Game to the next Level. :)