Drake38

AK-109 Real or fake?

@Drake38 I don't think they were really produser in any numbers to speak of at all. 

It's basically just a AK 107 in 7,62x39. The AK 107 program was discontinued in 2011, so I'm guessing it never really got any traction. Izmash made the 107 and 108, and probably planned for a 109. Then they made the civillian Saiga Mk107 and basically stopped producing them all together. Maybe the BARS counterbalance system just didn't work too well with the heavier recoil 7,62x39. So it became unnecessary complicated for no gain. 

4 minutes ago, FGulli said:

@Drake38 I don't think they were really produser in any numbers to speak of at all. 

It's basically just a AK 107 in 7,62x39. The AK 107 program was discontinued in 2011, so I'm guessing it never really got any traction. Izmash made the 107 and 108, and probably planned for a 109. Then they made the civillian Saiga Mk107 and basically stopped producing them all together. Maybe the BARS counterbalance system just didn't work too well with the heavier recoil 7,62x39. So it became unnecessary complicated for no gain. 

Why do you say it was discontinued? Source?

Только что, varggift сказал:

And 47

You don't know nothing John Snow :) AK 47 was a prototype. The weapon known as AK-47 in the US is just an AK (without 47). Real AK 47 looks like this

kalash-ak46-2-2.jpg

Edited by molchanoviv

30 minutes ago, Drake38 said:

Why do you say it was discontinued? Source?

Good point. I said that because I was sure of it in my head, but I can't find any sources for it - so sorry for stating that. I might have confused it in my head with development apparently discontinued according to world.guns.