Sign in to follow this  
Kiwuu

Alpha Guns

Kiwuu

Something i'm wondering is the quantity of weapons that will be in the alpha that (probably and hopefully) will be released this month. Any info on that?

Dark Rider 400

With the amount of depth we can see in the videos, and my experience with DayZ early stages, having only 1 main rifle for each faction wouldn't bother me, not to mention all the different attachments and combinations. For Alpha, and these are my usual standards, I'd say theres probably about 3-6 main guns and 1-3 secondary guns for each faction. But, seeing the work theyve done so far, I wouldn't be surprised if it was well over that.

Kiwuu
1 hour ago, Dark Rider 400 said:

With the amount of depth we can see in the videos, and my experience with DayZ early stages, having only 1 main rifle for each faction wouldn't bother me, not to mention all the different attachments and combinations. For Alpha, and these are my usual standards, I'd say theres probably about 3-6 main guns and 1-3 secondary guns for each faction. But, seeing the work theyve done so far, I wouldn't be surprised if it was well over that.

I'm guessing there will be AT LEAST all of the weapons that are listed in the Weapons Department thread in the forums currently. Would be good if there were more weapons in the alpha, though. 

Sushi

Yeah, while more guns would be cool, I'm guessing having everyone use similar guns is going to help weed out certain balance issues and any bugs in the customization system. So it's probably going to be M4, AK-74, maybe AKM, a sniper rifle or two, a shotgun and the respective pistols. Then a crapton of attachments to test out. I can see suppressors and explosives being the most problematic elements to tune.

Dark Rider 400

I really want to see how they'll work out ammo, its consumption, and how you'll find it. Because in the videos we've seen, they're using ammo rather liberally, as if they had quite a bit to spare. I hoping it won't be that easy, so people will actually be frugal as give some thought to whether or not they should engage in combat and even then decide how long they want to stay in combat and how many rounds they need in the field. Because from what I know, they game isn't based around a deathmatch, it's based around scavenging and finding resources/materials. So hopefully this'll give some incentive not to be outright hostile, even towards the other faction.