Klean

Weapon Companies Thread

Epectitus
7 hours ago, TinyKitten said:

I think the big question here is why are Malaysian SOF using a gun that never made it out of the prototype stage?

A picture on the wikipedia page shows them with it, although it doesnt look like widespread use, they mostly have G6's I think it is, m4's, mp5's. The same poo they would have gotten from their training with the SEAL teams. Everyone in the Special world (be it forces or operations) carries pretty much the same poo

Navy_PASKAL_opearators_on_standby_during_57th_NDP.JPG

ShyBurrito
8 hours ago, Epectitus said:

A picture on the wikipedia page shows them with it, although it doesnt look like widespread use, they mostly have G6's I think it is, m4's, mp5's. The same poo they would have gotten from their training with the SEAL teams. Everyone in the Special world (be it forces or operations) carries pretty much the same poo

All "Special Forces" are actually called SOF (Special Operations Forces) from the Navy SEAL teams and DEVGRU to Delta Force and Rangers. The only group that is actually just called Special Forces is the Green Berets since they were basically the first SOF group. This really only applies to U.S. branches as I don't know much about foreign SOF.

sheepdog214
18 hours ago, TinyKitten said:

I think the big question here is why are Malaysian SOF using a gun that never made it out of the prototype stage?

I think there is a Good chance when the US Army dumped all the ones they had in testing they picked them up. The firearm was found to be a major bust. It is another one of the video games guns that is not very good in real life but couch operators love.

HK dosent even make them anymore because no one wants them. The HK 416 or the HK 433 would be a much better option.

sheepdog214

The Remington 700 series and 870 series are a classic American firearms company. They are extremely common. The breacher version of the 870 shotgun is used by many different branches of the US Military and would be a perfect fit for this game.

McMillan Is a major precision rifle company in the US with major contracts with the US special forces. The Mcmillion Tac 300 surpasses the M24 is every way even tho the call of duty games will try to tell you otherwise.

Please look at the modern day use of firearms in combat zones and not just what popular in games like battlefield cs go and call of duty. 90% of the time those games are dead wrong.

Remington Arms
Arms manufacturers company
Customer service: 1 (800) 243-9700
Parent organization: Freedom Group
Headquarters: Madison, NC

McMillan Firearms

Address:
23606 North 19th Avenue, Suite 10
Phoenix, AZ  85085
Phone numbers:
Local: 623-780-1050
Toll Free: 800-401-7269
Email: [email protected]
Hours:
M-F 7:00 – 3:30 PM MST

2nd.jpg

• Upvote 1

Epectitus
7 hours ago, TinyKitten said:

All "Special Forces" are actually called SOF (Special Operations Forces) from the Navy SEAL teams and DEVGRU to Delta Force and Rangers. The only group that is actually just called Special Forces is the Green Berets since they were basically the first SOF group. This really only applies to U.S. branches as I don't know much about foreign SOF.

Hey mate, thats the banner they fall under for overall command, not what they do operationally.
flash infantry - Rangers, Para, Royal Marines
Special forces - Green Berets (non ODA), Rangers, Aus Commandos
Special Operations - DELTA, SEALS, Aus Commandos, SASR, SAS

If you want to talk more, PM me and ill get back to you tonight when I get home from work. I can fully break down for you who does what and how forces and operations differ.
Saves us clogging up the thread. It seems we have many things we can talk poo about

ShyBurrito
7 minutes ago, Epectitus said:

Hey mate, thats the banner they fall under for overall command, not what they do operationally.
flash infantry - Rangers, Para, Royal Marines
Special forces - Green Berets (non ODA), Rangers, Aus Commandos
Special Operations - DELTA, SEALS, Aus Commandos, SASR, SAS

If you want to talk more, PM me and ill get back to you tonight when I get home from work. I can fully break down for you who does what and how forces and operations differ.
Saves us clogging up the thread. It seems we have many things we can talk poo about

Will do, but I know that's the banner they fall under for overall command, that's what I was saying. I know they do different things operationally, but they are all generally referred to as SOF.

• Upvote 1

Fr3shM3at
5 hours ago, sheepdog214 said:

HK dosent even make them anymore because no one wants them. The HK 416 or the HK 433 would be a much better option.

HK did never ever produced them (XM8, X marks a prototype version) in an industrial serial manner. They never made it from Prototype to serial production because the Heat tests were unsatisfying as far as i know. Its not just because no one wants them :) 

Why that Malaysian guy holding one? I don t know, i can imagine its 1 for show 2 just because it was leftover and they don t swim in funds i can imagine

Its basically a G36 inside, tho they messed up some major design aspects. I guess it can do its job and its good enough for those guys  but not good enough for SOCOM standards.

However they did very well with goin for  HK416, HK417  and all sidekicks from those systems.

Edited by Fr3shM3at

asgardschosen

The Steyr Scout. Can be chambered in .223 Remington, 243 Winchester, 7mm-08 Remington, or .308 Winchester.

Some Background:

Designed to be an extremely versatile outdoorsman/hunters rifle. It has an integral bipod, a tiny Picatinny rail (if you didn't want a large optic), and can keep a spare mag in its buttstock. Very much what I might expect lumberjacks out in Woods to carry (in case they run into a bear). Designed by Steyr Mannlicher to meet the specifications of Colonel Jeff Cooper. Colonel Cooper was the founder of Gunsite in Arizona, and is commonly known as the father of modern pistol combat.

scout_1.jpg

STEYR ARMS, INC.

2530 Morgan Road
Bessemer, AL 35022
Phone: (205) 417-8644
Fax: (205) 417-8647

Plumbersmack
19 hours ago, Fr3shM3at said:

HK did never ever produced them (XM8, X marks a prototype version) in an industrial serial manner. They never made it from Prototype to serial production because the Heat tests were unsatisfying as far as i know. Its not just because no one wants them :) 

Why that Malaysian guy holding one? I don t know, i can imagine its 1 for show 2 just because it was leftover and they don t swim in funds i can imagine

Its basically a G36 inside, tho they messed up some major design aspects. I guess it can do its job and its good enough for those guys  but not good enough for SOCOM standards.

However they did very well with goin for  HK416, HK417  and all sidekicks from those systems.

I never said it was a good gun, just would be fun to have IG. ;)

Edited by Plumbersmack

ShyBurrito
6 hours ago, Plumbersmack said:

I never said it was a good gun, just would be fun to have IG. ;)

I think they are probably gonna stick to guns that actually made it out of the prototype stage lol, it is an interesting gun but not something that would show up in an abandoned Russian town to be used by scavengers or two highly trained and rather well equipped PMC factions.

sheepdog214
5 hours ago, TinyKitten said:

I think they are probably gonna stick to guns that actually made it out of the prototype stage lol, it is an interesting gun but not something that would show up in an abandoned Russian town to be used by scavengers or two highly trained and rather well equipped PMC factions.

It looks like they are adding the ACR. I guess that was officially built and sold so it counts but it is a similar story to the XM8.

ShyBurrito
2 minutes ago, sheepdog214 said:

It looks like they are adding the ACR. I guess that was officially built and sold so it counts but it is a similar story to the XM8.

What makes you think they are adding the ACR? Link to the info? Also, no it isn't a similar story lol. The ACR never made military usage (to my knowledge) but it did make it out of the prototype stage and is still being sold by both Remington and Bushmaster (and a few other companies I believe).

sheepdog214
Just now, TinyKitten said:

What makes you think they are adding the ACR? Link to the info? Also, no it isn't a similar story lol. The ACR never made military usage (to my knowledge) but it did make it out of the prototype stage and is still being sold by both Remington and Bushmaster (and a few other companies I believe).

The ACR was also part of the Individual Carbine competition to replace the M4. Like the XM8 it was found unfit to replace the M4 so similar story.

Also on them adding the ACR there are 3 reasons.
1. There is a poster on the wall inside the hideout photos
2. There is a picture of them testfiring the weapon system on there Facebook.
3. They have the Magpul license and the poster on the wall is the Masada version that Magpul owns the rites to.
It just seems odd they would show it off like that and test fire it having possession of the weapon and not add it into the game.

Make your own logical conclusion there.

ShyBurrito
1 minute ago, sheepdog214 said:

The ACR was also part of the Individual Carbine competition to replace the M4. Like the XM8 it was found unfit to replace the M4 so similar story.

Also on them adding the ACR there are 3 reasons.
1. There is a poster on the wall inside the hideout photos
2. There is a picture of them testfiring the weapon system on there Facebook.
3. They have the Magpul license and the poster on the wall is the Masada version that Magpul owns the rites to.
It just seems odd they would show it off like that and test fire it having possession of the weapon and not add it into the game.

Make your own logical conclusion there.

Good points about it being added into the game (though maybe they just really wanted to shoot it for fun :P) but just because it didn't replace the M4 for the U.S. military doesn't really give it anything similar to the XM8. Yeah, it didn't replace the M4 but nothing did, we're still using it today. Only thing similar is it didn't replace the M4 for the military, it did at least make it past the prototype stage and continue to be sold unlike the XM8 which never got past the prototype stage and the project was scrapped. Only reason the XM8 is even known anymore is because of video games that saw it and grabbed it up to add to their games because it looks like a rifle from the future, so it fits well in sci-fi games or any shooter set in the near-ish future that isn't bothering to pay attention to gun details and such.

sheepdog214

Good points about it being added into the game (though maybe they just really wanted to shoot it for fun :P) but just because it didn't replace the M4 for the U.S. military doesn't really give it anything similar to the XM8. Yeah, it didn't replace the M4 but nothing did, we're still using it today. Only thing similar is it didn't replace the M4 for the military, it did at least make it past the prototype stage and continue to be sold unlike the XM8 which never got past the prototype stage and the project was scrapped. Only reason the XM8 is even known anymore is because of video games that saw it and grabbed it up to add to their games because it looks like a rifle from the future, so it fits well in sci-fi games or any shooter set in the near-ish future that isn't bothering to pay attention to gun details and such.

Very true. Its odd tho they would chose an ACR over a SCAR. The SCAR L was actually deployed with ranger units for a bit and the H is still very much used by the special operations community to this day. The ACR is extremely expensive to buy and maintain. The Parts are rare even by US standards and it is also again like the XM8 because the call of duty generation grew up and think its a god gun now.

ShyBurrito
Just now, sheepdog214 said:

Very true. Its odd tho they would chose an ACR over a SCAR. The SCAR L was actually deployed with ranger units for a bit and the H is still very much used by the special operations community to this day. The ACR is extremely expensive to buy and maintain. The Parts are rare even by US standards and it is also again like the XM8 because the call of duty generation grew up and think its a god gun now.

Well, they did say something about being busy adding a lot of western guns to the game. And the SCAR series is both highly requested and a popular gun in lots of games, so maybe it will be added as well. Could be they just haven't shared anything showing them testing out the SCAR. Fingers crossed for the SCAR-H and L though, those are some of my favorite weapons.

sheepdog214

Well, they did say something about being busy adding a lot of western guns to the game. And the SCAR series is both highly requested and a popular gun in lots of games, so maybe it will be added as well. Could be they just haven't shared anything showing them testing out the SCAR. Fingers crossed for the SCAR-H and L though, those are some of my favorite weapons.

Same! We will hope together then :)
I know its rare in games and the last game to do it was MOH Warfighter but another popular US special operations weapon is the Laure OBR 5.56 and 7.62. 

ShyBurrito
6 minutes ago, sheepdog214 said:

Same! We will hope together then :)
I know its rare in games and the last game to do it was MOH Warfighter but another popular US special operations weapon is the Laure OBR 5.56 and 7.62. 

YESS!!! This game would be amazing with the LaRue OBR 7.62 marksman rifle and the 5.56 OBR assault rifle! Also, the SR-25 is always a favorite, as well as the Mk14 EBR. No idea who makes the Mk14 EBR though so I can't give their contact info :( 

Phone Numbers:
office 512-259-1585
fax 512-259-1588
Address:
850 CR 177 
Leander, TX 78641

Knight's Armament Company

701 Columbia Blvd

Titusville, FL 32780

321-607-9900

Phones

Domestic Calls: 321-607-9900
Foreign Sales: 321-607-9900x1344
Customer Service & Returns: 
321-607-9900 - 1327

Edited by TinyKitten

sheepdog214

YESS!!! This game would be amazing with the LaRue OBR 7.62 marksman rifle and the 5.56 OBR assault rifle! Also, the SR-25 is always a favorite, as well as the Mk14 EBR

I worry because there are Russian Devs that they will not know about the Laure series of weapons. They are highly valued perform amazing and are in service by our special operations. I wish we could get a dev response saying they will look into them.

I would think they will add a SR-25 or M110. They are the .308 version of a M4
The Mk14 EBR is another valued one.

If they can add 20 version of an AK I dont see why the USEC guys cant get the same amount of weapons.

ShyBurrito
3 minutes ago, sheepdog214 said:

I worry because there are Russian Devs that they will not know about the Laure series of weapons. They are highly valued perform amazing and are in service by our special operations. I wish we could get a dev response saying they will look into them.

I would think they will add a SR-25 or M110. They are the .308 version of a M4
The Mk14 EBR is another valued one.

If they can add 20 version of an AK I dont see why the USEC guys cant get the same amount of weapons.

Well that's what this thread is for! I posted the contact info for LaRue in my post so hopefully they will contact them and see about a partnership or whatever. 

• Upvote 1

Plumbersmack
20 minutes ago, sheepdog214 said:

Honestly, I think that ANY gun (in production, concept, ect) would be awesome to add to the game - just for customization and (potentially) role playing purposes. I support any real firearm being added. Hence me making such odd posts.

Edited by Plumbersmack

sheepdog214
1 minute ago, Plumbersmack said:

Honestly, I think that ANY gun (in production, concept, ect) would be awesome to add to the game - just for customization and (potentially) role playing purposes. I support any real firearm being added.

The developers are looking for real world items not drawing board stuff. Concept weapons are cool but allot of them dont pan out for good reason. The developers seem to have a laser focus on realism and a basses in reality. If you start adding concept drawings and proto types than that starts to get skewed. Go over to the every AK thread they said they will not be adding the AK Alpha, 46 or 15 because they are concept or prototype weapons and those are AKs lol.

5 minutes ago, TinyKitten said:

Well that's what this thread is for! I posted the contact info for LaRue in my post so hopefully they will contact them and see about a partnership or whatever. 

Thx I did the same. I would like some feedback. Possibly a list every once in awhile of the companies they are looking to make contact with. Then we could also email those companies and ask as there customers if they could partner with battle state.

ShyBurrito
1 minute ago, Plumbersmack said:

Honestly, I think that ANY gun (in production, concept, ect) would be awesome to add to the game - just for customization and (potentially) role playing purposes. I support any real firearm being added.

Well that isn't going to happen, devs are making the guns extremely close to the real life version which means that if they can't get their hands on it then it most likely won't be added, and concepts (such as the HK56 or something like that someone suggested at some point on the forum) won't be added because they can't actually get the firing sounds and other details of a gun that isn't real. 

Plumbersmack
Just now, sheepdog214 said:

The developers are looking for real world items not drawing board stuff. Concept weapons are cool but allot of them dont pan out for good reason. The developers seem to have a laser focus on realism and a basses in reality. If you start adding concept drawings and proto types than that starts to get skewed. Go over to the every AK thread they said they will not be adding the AK Alpha, 46 or 15 because they are concept or prototype weapons and those are AKs lol.

The guns I have discussed have all been in production or produced in limited batch(es).  All have been fired and tested. I think I could have worded my last post better and you misunderstand my actual desire.  Simply put, I would love (however unlikely) a large range of guns that you don't normally see. 

Well that isn't going to happen, devs are making the guns extremely close to the real life version which means that if they can't get their hands on it then it most likely won't be added, and concepts (such as the HK56 or something like that someone suggested at some point on the forum) won't be added because they can't actually get the firing sounds and other details of a gun that isn't real. 

See my previous post - :)

ShyBurrito
Just now, Plumbersmack said:

The guns I have discussed have all been in production or produced in limited batch(es).  All have been fired and tested. I think I could have worded my last post better and you misunderstand my actual desire.  Simply put, I would love (however unlikely) a large range of guns that you don't normally see. 

Well perhaps if they keep adding guns in free updates in the future (really hope they do) and those guns go from prototypes and limited numbers to more popular weapons, they may be added at some point (would be pretty neat to see guns get added in as they came out of prototype stages and such)

• Upvote 1