Anti-Hacking

screwywabbit

On 5/27/2016 at 7:55 PM, ODD said:

What you gotta do is you gotta make em nervous about downloading hacks. The way to do it is to simply create hack scripts that can ban players when they're used. Or simply ruin the cheaters playtime. However, it's gotta be clever. There's gotta be a random time limit between activating the script and banning the player so that they can't pinpoint the exact causes of the ban. 

Confuse them, frustrate them and they'll want to move onto an easier game that doesn't have such harsh script kiddie measurements.

This the art of psychological warfare. 

Creating your own Hacks for your own game.  Brilliant.  I'm not sure about blowing people up with their monitors... that may verge on terrorism (even if they deserve it).  It could certainly instill fear in our real enemies, and draw funds from "legit" hack developers.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Falney

• ODD

• Dragonmaker82

• sYs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preventing cheating is impossible. You can only make it more and more difficult for the hackers (Cheat developers not users) to produce the cheats. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a cheater free game

Both IP and Account BAN! Devs must show their teeth, from the very first cheating action to those ...kids!  No excuses, no warnings! BANHAMMER in their face! 

I searched the FAQ and forums but haven't found anything on this, What are your plans on preventing hackers, The game seems amazing, fun, and enjoyable but how will hackers be dealt with and rooted ou

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ogremeat said:

Creating your own Hacks for your own game.  Brilliant.  I'm not sure about blowing people up with their monitors... that may verge on terrorism (even if they deserve it).  It could certainly instill fear in our real enemies, and draw funds from "legit" hack developers.

Not the first time I've come up with something so ingenious.

CloneWarrior85
13 hours ago, TheAssaultClass said:

Server-side? Yes but no. I only see it causing poor performance and lag for a majority of the users. Yes some things could be limited however how much should be sacrificed for the sake of gameplay? You shouldn't cut corners on anti-cheats just to shove it all server side. It force developers to invest a large portion of money into the servers that could go into the game. Not a bad idea, just not an ideal one.

Note: Sorry for being late to the party, just my opinion on the matter.

Furthermore, saving gameplay clips or at least having a way to send them in to developers might not be a bad idea but that would be both very slow and inefficient. We'll need good anti injectors and script detectors and such that would be able to counter new threats. If major AAA titles have a hard time keeping cheaters out, I'm afraid of what might happen to EFT.

I would gladly pay a monthly fee if the devs spent more money on powerful dedicated server just to keep the maximum content server side to prevent hacks and have a high tickrate so good hardware players aren't punished.

As for major AAA having a hard time keeping cheaters out, it's pretty much because of that, they're major AAA games, they have massive audience, where small indie teams don't, so they call less attention not only to both players, but to hackers too.

GrandMasterV

Yes please make sure that anti cheat works like clock work, the Division is being wrecked and i am putting my money on this game for PvP survival!
But with cheaters i would fear this game will suffer the same faith.

RoF Cheats, Wall hacks, infinite ammo, god mode believe me they can mess up any game.

I only suggest something. But it is gonna take part of us who don't want hackers in game so it is going to be beneficial for both parts devs and players. I have done this for other games that devs have close communication with the community. Bad part is that not all of them respond the same way. You can easily search through the web for hacks for the game and the just post them here or at least the info. (please only info necesary for devs not download links) At least this way even they can see how it affects the game and take the steps necesary to make it usless or make a ban for it. Just giving out ideas.

We need good antihack and posibility to save a demo ( replay ) of the whole match - so we as a community can report cheaters with proof.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
RainingWeeD

can we know wich anti hack you paid for ?

plz dont say fair fight this is for bs compagny

Need at leat Battle eye because he chek every memory before launching the game ( like arma , dayz , R6S ( new )

and the other we can try punkbuster but in bf we got a lot of cheaterrr and now when you by a cheat you have an insurence of the game soo i hope we gonna have a Realy good anti hacking because in hardcore game a hacker will have too many advantange than an other shooter

Edited by RainingWeeD
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
On 17-8-2016 at 10:29 AM, sYs said:

We need good antihack and posibility to save a demo ( replay ) of the whole match - so we as a community can report cheaters with proof.

You mean like the good old Battlerecorder in Battlefield 2? Sounds nice, not only for anti-cheat purposes.

17 hours ago, snikkel said:

You mean like the good old Battlerecorder in Battlefield 2? Sounds nice, not only for anti-cheat purposes.

pretty much that or demo recording server side, or like dota2 replays. 

I've yet to meet an actual cheater/hacker because 10/10 it's a little boo boo script kiddie. I heard outside life is fun. They should give it a whirl.

• Upvote 1

Would be nice to have,although might be hard to implent,a let's say...Save 10 seconds of your death? You fought a guy,he flew to you and shot you in a fly mode. Clicking F4 will save the last 10 seconds and send it to the devs.

Or something like that.

You might say ' use shadowplay' for that. Works,but not everyone has/uses it.

On 2/28/2016 at 9:37 AM, Falney said:

Preventing cheating is impossible. You can only make it more and more difficult for the hackers (Cheat developers not users) to produce the cheats. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a cheater free game if I were you.

As long as they don't impersonate Ubisoft and put everything client side, Anti hack measures should be pretty easy to implement as no matter what you set your local hp/ammo/etc at, the server will know what it should be and adjust/ban as necessary. Anti aimbot is the only real threat to games these days (unless you are Ubisoft and purposefully stick to antiquated server technologies).

The most straight forward approach (Which is insufficient theses days) is mouse smoothing detection. If some anti cheat software picks up cursor movement that is too smooth or quick, it will flag it then if it occurs constantly, issues a ban. The down side is cheat developers have wizened up to this and reduced mouse smoothness by adding a certain level of randomness to how the mouse moves. Adding convex motions on longer lock ons etc and preventing the software from locking onto players outside of the FoV. 

I am actually working on a thesis for class on anti cheat technology. Where by it measures mouse movement inside menus where it knows you are not using an aimbot and compares it to mouse movements inside a match. It evaluates your play style over time and makes a decision on whether you are cheating or not. 

The anti cheat software I am developing also allows for remote view of the players in game screen  which when a player is flagged as a cheater, a member of staff would be able to view that players game and either issue a ban, remove the flag or leave the flag in place for further monitoring.

I know all this from experience. I have used made and used cheats in the past, way way in the past. These days I build cheats for games during Alpha's and closed beta's to gather data on games companies as well as to submit the source code to said companies with suggestions on how to prevent said cheats from being used. So I know first hand how difficult it is to prevent them and how easy it is to make them. 

Anecdotally though I have never had an account banned for cheating how ever I have had accounts banned for submitting code in good faith to a company who then got butt hurt over the fact I broke their game. 

It's common now for Developers to build inhouse cheat detections and safeguards. resources are usually a factor.  

Searching memory for matching signatures existing in there database  or a database, key will to be keeping this updated and current also automated analysis of memory is limited to its effectiveness to a degree along with other factors as you know  

I am very interested in this comment  "The anti cheat software I am developing also allows for remote view of the players in game screen  which when a player is flagged as a cheater, a member of staff would be able to view that players game and either issue a ban, remove the flag or leave the flag in place for further monitoring"    Purely because of how invasive (data privacy laws ) and resource hungry this would be .

Also this "I am actually working on a thesis for class on anti cheat technology. Where by it measures mouse movement inside menus where it knows you are not using an aimbot and compares it to mouse movements inside a match. It evaluates your play style over time and makes a decision on whether you are cheating or not."

Again extremely resource heavy , there is no way to be able to optimize scans  to allow this to work , the scans already required are already so complex to cater for every system used , from entry level and mid range systems , these systems have performance limitations. ideal goals are around 200-300ms scans  , but by the sounds of it all of the above i've said is running all the time the client is running , or if server side along with client side FPS and lag would be unbearable 

Common cheat apps now , start befor the client , thus enabling you to control the client  behaviour and values , this is why most companies scan as client starts and check mem for the sigs i said earlier. AS YOU KNOW right . So even do it when game session starts again loading times can be affected if to heavy on resources ,

This topic we could go on for hours and hours , hell weeks months :-p  but you sound like you really like what you do , and you should keep that up :-)

Anyway if you could explain a bit more on my qouts that would be fantastic  because what i am reading is effectively pattern scans  to equate a pattern , and this can be worked around extremely easily as you know 

Edited by Hunternz
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Kwahamot

@Vanagand 

Please post all alpha related content in the alpha section located at the top of the forum. Posting elsewhere is a violation of the NDA and could get your account terminated. 

Thank you.

i really hope they will do some anti cheat stuff, and i hope its better than this BattlEye that DayZ is using. so much cheaters there... i hope this game doesnt get destroyed by cheaters

I hate to say it but a quick Google search shows that's hacks are being developed right now and will probably continue. 

There is always a scumbag looking to ruin the fun for everyone. This is something that PC gaming has suffered from since day 1. It'll never go away. Not only that, some cheat developers offer refunds if accounts get compromised so it's really unfortunate. I can't believe someone would pay for a hack!

PC master race bla bla, if one thing console gamers can benefit from, it's the lack of hacks available for games. 

I hope BSG follow a similar course of action that Bohemia have done with DayZ SA, its taken some time and its true that we'll never be free from Hackers but Eugen and the team have done a stellar job against an aggressive hacking scene.

As for consoles, well they're a closed network to allow Microsoft/Sony complete control as to what can be run on said network, pc gaming is open source/scene which means we have the ability to enjoy games like ArmA 3 (yes I'm a bit of a fan of bohemia :) ) where players can make there own content and massive mods that give the title that much longevity. A multiplayer console game is pretty much dead after 2 years or at least down 90% on its original player base, PC multiplayer games, that just inst the case. So the hacking scene is the price we have to pay for a vibrant, long lasting PC gaming scene I'm afraid.

HWID Bans are what is needed on top of anything else they can do to prevent the person from buying it again, they'd need to build a new computer to play or change parts in their computer for their HWID to change, but there are programs out there that can let you change it (it's not a super easy process either). So there needs to be a few things in place to keep people away and like someone mentioned before, IP bans are bad because eventually for most ISP's your ip gets released then changed eventually and someone else on your isp could get that IP who plays and be banned then because of it. 

• Upvote 1
On 04/01/2017 at 0:06 PM, MadPanda said:

i really hope they will do some anti cheat stuff, and i hope its better than this BattlEye that DayZ is using. so much cheaters there... i hope this game doesnt get destroyed by cheaters

Have you played DayZ in the last 6 months? I personally haven't encountered a hacker/script kiddie in that time and that's with being an admin on a high ranked server and part of the DayZ admin group that looks after the master ban list for that exact purpose. The main issues are glitchers/dupers nowadays and even the duping is been highly dealt with by the devs.

Battleye has come along way in the last 18months and the only hacks available are the high paid hacks that are kept within closed circles, heck most of the main hack producers have moved on to other titles because hacking on DayZ just isn't worth there time anymore due to the aggressive nature of battleye.

Vapr0_Get_Lit
On 1/5/2017 at 4:53 AM, GG_WOLF said:

Have you played DayZ in the last 6 months? I personally haven't encountered a hacker/script kiddie in that time and that's with being an admin on a high ranked server and part of the DayZ admin group that looks after the master ban list for that exact purpose. The main issues are glitchers/dupers nowadays and even the duping is been highly dealt with by the devs.

Battleye has come along way in the last 18months and the only hacks available are the high paid hacks that are kept within closed circles, heck most of the main hack producers have moved on to other titles because hacking on DayZ just isn't worth there time anymore due to the aggressive nature of battleye.

just ran into a teleport hacker on dayz the other day, The server most likely didn't have additional 3rd party anti-cheat program installed into the server file...example (infistar) which in fact does me wonders on my own arma 3 server. But my server is running custom server side scripts that i made to protect the content of my work. all my addon have been rewritten and then split into many parts then encoded with a key, a process i like calling Decomposition (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition_(computer_science)) and having a randomizer to scramble my code. it would be virtually impossible to do any kind of hacking server side. sure it requires a bit more computing but it worth every ounce of data.

hacking and cheating can be prevented if your really good with understand how a computer operates internally and know a great deal of computer math formulas and understand everything here -->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computable_topology), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale-free_networkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_theoryhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensionality_reduction, and what this guy as written (http://people.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~mehlhorn/DatAlgbooks.html) <- open with pdf create then with pdf reader, <- super advance math and deep computer understanding. and so on.

you got to out smart the hackers by doing cleaver math tricks and structuring. a normal 100 page code can be optimized to 3 page by knowing a great deal of math and the inner working of a computer. Also protection is key as well. 

got to know how to slit and single class item into many parts and encrypt it, scatter it, scramble it, scatter it, then decrypt it back together without any dataloss. 

hackers and cheaters in online play ruin the fun for everyone who paid for this game with their hard earned money. I despise these sorelosser who need to cheat to feed their narcissistic ego.

hopefully this game can be one of the first to put an end to it. 

43 minutes ago, Vapr0_Get_Lit said:

just ran into a teleport hacker on dayz the other day, The server most likely didn't have additional 3rd party anti-cheat program installed into the server file...example (infistar) which in fact does me wonders on my own arma 3 server. But my server is running custom server side scripts that i made to protect the content of my work. all my addon have been rewritten and then split into many parts then encoded with a key, a process i like calling Decomposition (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition_(computer_science)) and having a randomizer to scramble my code. it would be virtually impossible to do any kind of hacking server side. sure it requires a bit more computing but it worth every ounce of data.

hacking and cheating can be prevented if your really good with understand how a computer operates internally and know a great deal of computer math formulas and understand everything here -->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computable_topology), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale-free_networkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_theoryhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensionality_reduction, and what this guy as written (http://people.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~mehlhorn/DatAlgbooks.html) <- open with pdf create then with pdf reader, <- super advance math and deep computer understanding. and so on.

you got to out smart the hackers by doing cleaver math tricks and structuring. a normal 100 page code can be optimized to 3 page by knowing a great deal of math and the inner working of a computer. Also protection is key as well. 

got to know how to slit and single class item into many parts and encrypt it, scatter it, scramble it, scatter it, then decrypt it back together without any dataloss. 

hackers and cheaters in online play ruin the fun for everyone who paid for this game with their hard earned money. I despise these sorelosser who need to cheat to feed their narcissistic ego.

hopefully this game can be one of the first to put an end to it. 

I agree with most of your post but you can't run infistar on DayZ, only on ArmA 2 & 3 ATM. 

Are you sure you're talking about DayZ SA and not one of the DayZ ArmA 3 recreation servers?

36 minutes ago, Broken Servitor said:

Very custom anti-cheat, so custom even the game doesn't detect it :P